Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 24, 2017 7:01 PM

Oct 2008
It's quite weird hearing the voice of Souma praising that simple burger steak meal!
cookies are always nice!
4/5.

Aug 25, 2017 2:32 PM

Feb 2008
Aletta found a job and made a new friend. Kind of. Lovely!
Aug 25, 2017 10:14 PM

Sep 2009
That was so warm episode. My heart just melted, when Aletta gave her coockies to Shina.
でぶ
Aug 26, 2017 7:54 AM

Dec 2014
I like this show so much ..it connects so many people who may never know each other...nice episdoe once again
Aug 26, 2017 12:21 PM
Mar 2016
Man, why do they have to go half way with the mermaid's transformation, they should have gone full human on her, Nice to see Aletta finally get a job and a place to sleep.

Next ep , 2 individuals from Arabia and dwarfs.
Aug 26, 2017 1:24 PM
Jun 2013
Whoahoho said:
Man, why do they have to go half way with the mermaid's transformation, they should have gone full human on her, Nice to see Aletta finally get a job and a place to sleep.

Next ep , 2 individuals from Arabia and dwarfs.

The one thing that I am waiting for is the fairies/pixies or whatever they are, to show up. as one can see in the intro of this anime.

I don't know if I am allowed to talk about this, bit I have been reading the short novel that this anime is based on and there might be a few more characters, like certain priestesses, a vampire or two, although they are not mentioned as such, as well as halflings.

As to why I mentioned vampires, is that certain things are mentioned, like the inability to stay out in sunlight, pale skin, a strong aversion to garlic and finally the ability to change into bats. If that doesn't scream vampires, I don't know what they are.
Aug 26, 2017 8:55 PM
Jun 2013
As I am watching this episode, I just realize that the first half of this episode, is a sort of, reverse little mermaid, instead of the mermaid falling in love with a human, it is the human falling in love with a human and from the looks of it, Rokei and Arte are very fond of each other.

The one thing is will Rokei and Arte get married and what will their children look like?
Aug 27, 2017 3:20 PM

Nov 2013
@LadyMal

while i don't care so much about spoilers for this anime, i still think you should have added a spoiler tag =)

anyway, watching all those types of creatures surely would be interesting =D (specially since today i watched an episode of a tv show called "chica vampiro")
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Aug 27, 2017 9:55 PM
Jun 2013
winddevil1 said:
@LadyMal

while i don't care so much about spoilers for this anime, i still think you should have added a spoiler tag =)

anyway, watching all those types of creatures surely would be interesting =D (specially since today i watched an episode of a tv show called "chica vampiro")

Sorry about that, next time I will give a spoiler warning. Although I didn't give too much spoiler, as I was describing that the first half is a reverse little mermaid, nothing as to what they did and how the react to each other.

The other thing, that I had mentioned, was I was just wondering how their children would look like, if they got married. That is not in that episode.
Aug 31, 2017 3:29 PM

Mar 2009
LadyMal said:
winddevil1 said:
@LadyMal

Sorry about that, next time I will give a spoiler warning. Although I didn't give too much spoiler, as I was describing that the first half is a reverse little mermaid, nothing as to what they did and how the react to each other.

The other thing, that I had mentioned, was I was just wondering how their children would look like, if they got married. That is not in that episode.

They're referring to your previous post, where you talked about the short novel. I still don't think it's much of a spoiler, though.
Sep 11, 2017 1:54 AM

Sep 2013
I'm just here to add on to the topic, that the animation this episode was really terrible. So many stills, reused frames and out of frame action that it was actually distracting.
Oct 6, 2017 5:45 PM

May 2012
Wonderful two parts I must say, really love it!
Oct 10, 2017 2:25 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
EVERY EPISODE IS JUST WONDERFUL :))) Just feels shorter and shorter each time, GOES BY SO WONDERFULLY FAST @_@
張大です for 張大勇督察
Oct 10, 2017 8:41 PM

Feb 2017
Maybe i was in a wrong mood but i felt like after the mermaid part it lasted longer than the regular time and the stills..
Dec 19, 2017 2:48 PM
Apr 2014
Great episode. And Aletta is such a nice girl. Giving away her last cookies like this. Hope she can get herself some more
Feb 21, 2018 8:43 PM

Mar 2015
Cool more and more new characters! I want to see more of Kuro though :<
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 6, 2018 8:16 PM

Apr 2016
"It will be crowded later".When the mermaid utter these words,I realised that the restaurant door only appear somewhere near a hungry and needy person.It doesn't appear in big,crowded city but around those who needs to eat.All customers there including Aletta discover the door when they are hungry and cant afford foods or lost in wasteland.So the condition to summon this door not only on the day of satur but there has to be a hungry and troubled person,including Kuro(dark elf dragon).Its nice to see Aletta getting two nice boss.And she is smart to give cookies to Sarah's sister when theres only 5 cookies left,haha she know Sarah's sister will ask for a second plate.We get to learn these another worlds is one world.Blue dragon from mermaid story means kuro and red are from the same world too.
SquirrelStandMar 6, 2018 8:41 PM
Hi,please be patient,thank you.
Apr 17, 2019 8:05 PM

Nov 2013
A mermaid demanding money for a rescue was interesting. But you have to pay your tab. The "date" was nice too and I can't blame Roukei for becoming a little smitten with Arte.

And it's nice that Aletta met a familiar face and was able to secure a job in her world. Sia is a nice person too.

How Aletta fought with herself to not eat all the cookies at once was cute.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Apr 5, 2020 12:53 AM

Dec 2013
That steak made me really hungry. The mermaid and the boy looks cute together. I mostly enjoyed the second part. Good thing Aletta found a new job and a place to stay. And also a new friend. So maybe the master bought them the biscuits

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Mar 8, 2021 8:31 AM

Feb 2020
Cute girls eating delicious cookies. It's nice that Aletta finally managed to find a steady job.
Apr 26, 2021 5:43 PM
Apr 2021
Very wholesome episode, we all need an Aletta.
May 13, 2021 6:09 AM
Jul 2009
Those cookies remind me of the "sewing tin" meme especially the big round tin at the end.
I'm not a neko girl, I'm nyan-binary, hence the name
Yes I am an SJW.
No i will not scream at you for being a straight, white, cis, male.
I have important things to scream about and a finite amount of time in the day.
Feel free to talk to me, I only bite if you ask nicely :D
May 29, 2021 6:56 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It's great that she has another job now, and of course it's heartwarming
Jan 13, 2023 3:38 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
I get it Aletta. Quality cookies are addicting. And I'm so happy she got a job with someone who already visits the restaurant regularly, Sarah is amazing!

It's so often I see hamburger steak in anime but never had it myself. Gosh I am tempted.
Apr 6, 2023 6:22 PM

Feb 2012
Estoy_Gordo said:
IMACOP said:

Their silver coin is only worth the amount of silver it has from melting down and it's called a silver coin because it's mainly silver, and most certainly not having more valuable metals, no government would be that dumb. So judging from the coin's size, I'd say around $15 worth of silver? A hamburger steak meal is $15, same with a box of cookies and the bigger box is $30. That's some really expensive cookies, and didn't he say he can get it at a discount? Also, the other-world customers thinks a coin is cheap but don't forget the episode with the merchants, where the guy paid a small chest of coins (with at least 8 confirmed gold coins) for the miserable bag of ingredients.
...the prices are all over the place.

As for the episode with the merchants, the ones eating pasta...I think you're misunderstanding something there. Tenshu wasn't paying him the whole chest for the ingredients. He explicitly asked for them to subtract the amount from it, for the bag. If he was giving him the entire chest as payment, that wouldn't make sense from a business standpoint, because that would be a whole 4-5 days worth of earnings (1 month, Saturdays only), a sizeable amount for any restaurant business. To pay that much for a single sack of ingredients meant for recipe experimentation (meaning much of it will likely go to waste if it fails) would be ludicrous. In other words; they simply did not go into detail as to why they were entrusted with the remainder of coins in the chest: whether he was holding it for Tenshu like a personal bank, doing accounting services where trust would be an issue with a modern accountant handling money not from this earth, or changing it like a foreign exchange services (FX)--as the restaurant likely gets customers from multiple countries, and thus gets multiple different currencies with varying levels of precious metal percentage that's dependent on current economic strength of their respective country....or if it's a combination of all of the above. We can only speculate at this point.

From my observation, it appears that he is actually offering to give him all the money he earned for that bag, not as a payment, but rather as a trade since he has no need for currency from that other world. Despite the fact that this trade is a terrible deal and quite frustrating, Tenshu's primary concern is creating delicious food for his customers.
And yes, i didn't like the Merchant Guy because of this

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Aug 31, 2023 9:16 AM

Jan 2021
Man, girls love cookies so much.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Easter hunt help

Canfro - Apr 16, 2022

18 by Mithun1237 »»
Apr 3, 9:14 PM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2017

163 by chocoalyaUwU »»
Apr 1, 9:47 PM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2017

137 by Forum »»
Jan 15, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2017

69 by gyanburubii »»
Jan 8, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2017

83 by Hayley2877 »»
Sep 14, 2023 1:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.