Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2017 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Welp, more of Stain's path as a villian revealed.

It looks like the moment he was enlightened, he became more psychotic and embracing the idealogy of fake heroes in order to rid of them.
Aug 21, 2017 10:57 AM

Jul 2013
"let's ignore the fact that the guy we just saved attempted to rape pop step" - "great idea. i'll take care of his wounds myself!"
Aug 21, 2017 12:09 PM

Jul 2013
I don't know why but Kouichi's smile this chapter reminded me a bit of Ida's older brother, which is a neat habit I hope Deku too is going to develop at some point. I still have no clue why Stain attacked Ingenium out of all people in the main series though, since he was nowhere near of being a fake hero (Koichi isn't neither, he saved one man's life right there). We have seen far worse heroes in this manga. So if this single incident was the main reason why Stain became the hero killer, it would make him look rather pathetic.

@Simar
I'm pretty sure they haven't forgotten this. The way Pop Step looked at him speaks volumes. That guy should pay her some indemnity asap (she needs to sue first though... dunno why she doesn't do it), but he does not deserve to get killed by someone who thinks everything "he" does is perfectly just. Stain/Stendhal acts like freakin Keisuke from the first Devil Survivor game during his emo phase, "killing evil people is just as long as I do it" or "I am the law". Pretty phoney.
Aug 21, 2017 12:47 PM

Oct 2011
I though having a villain with the same quick was a bad rip off from the original manga but it turned out to be Stain's backstory. I do think it should have been something a bit more complicated than this but I guess the order of things is that he first needed to find his ideology before he could find his strength

Aug 21, 2017 10:50 PM

Mar 2015
total REKT! stain path to the villians...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Aug 22, 2017 2:29 AM

Apr 2016
....I love this manga. I think it's a great addition to the My Hero Academia lore and world. But...This is the first time in 11 chapters that I came to hate this manga.

Stain is one of my favorite characters in my hero academia, not because he is insane or bad ass, but because of his ideologie. And this chapter really cuts down the formation and foundation of that. Acording to MHA it was formed over time from seeing heroes abuse there status not from a simple encounter with someone like knuckleduster. I mean yes, Knuckleduster is what I would call a true hero as he fights for what is wright even if going extreme. I am sad that his character was used for this rather than making a new character who could be a recurring villain for the group. Because this addition does nothing positive for the character.
Aug 22, 2017 3:56 PM
Apr 2007
FiraDeviant said:
....I love this manga. I think it's a great addition to the My Hero Academia lore and world. But...This is the first time in 11 chapters that I came to hate this manga.

Stain is one of my favorite characters in my hero academia, not because he is insane or bad ass, but because of his ideologie. And this chapter really cuts down the formation and foundation of that. Acording to MHA it was formed over time from seeing heroes abuse there status not from a simple encounter with someone like knuckleduster. I mean yes, Knuckleduster is what I would call a true hero as he fights for what is wright even if going extreme. I am sad that his character was used for this rather than making a new character who could be a recurring villain for the group. Because this addition does nothing positive for the character.

Except not really, all we ever got from MHA about Stain's origin came from the video that was spread around the web talking about him, an account that's not entirely reliable.
All that is shown here is that the encounter with Knuckleduster made him realise that he didn't have "resolve" and "strength" to follow through his beliefs, heck, he's a vigilante now BECAUSE he found the institution of heroes lacking, his ideology isn't that heroes need to be killed, it's that the institution is rotten to the core by all the heroes chasing money and fame.
Oct 24, 2018 4:35 PM

Feb 2012
The only real problem with this manga is that it did a good job in exposing the fact that Stain was never that great of a villain. It's telling that he was a much cooler character when he entered Vigilantes in Chapter 9 than when he became Stain at the end of this chapter. The reason Stain worked in My Hero Academia is because that manga started with such an idealistic take on heroism that the first serious challenge to idealism had a significant impact in the story. In an American comic book, Stain would just be a throwaway villain that would appear in one issue and never return again.

Vigilantes is much closer to an American comic book rather than a Shounen manga; in terms of both theme and story theme and construction. It's why Stain's idealism seems off in a book about realism where all the characters are walking the line between good and evil.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vigilante: Boku no Hero Academia Illegals Chapter 69 Discussion

naschyamamoto - Jan 10, 2020

2 by Turn_A_Blum »»
Apr 5, 2:58 PM

Poll: » Vigilante: Boku no Hero Academia Illegals Chapter 66 Discussion

Nobody5464 - Nov 22, 2019

7 by Turn_A_Blum »»
Apr 4, 10:59 PM

Poll: » Vigilante: Boku no Hero Academia Illegals Chapter 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2016

12 by Biisoo »»
Feb 13, 11:31 AM

Poll: » Vigilante: Boku no Hero Academia Illegals Chapter 81 Discussion

IdiotKnightKing - Jul 10, 2020

5 by Neemesis_2 »»
Jan 9, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Vigilante: Boku no Hero Academia Illegals Chapter 80 Discussion

Nobody5464 - Jun 26, 2020

4 by Neemesis_2 »»
Jan 9, 7:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.