Forum Settings
Forums

Why do girls in anime never lock the door when they are using the bathroom or having a shower and everyone is alright with it?

Aug 21, 2017 4:26 AM
Kotori❤Kanbe

I mean the cliché of a male walking in when a girl is in bath or showering why don't they close their doors? Of sometimes the reverse. But I wouldn't shower with an open door.
Or even KNOCK why don't the knock...?
Anyways why is this? Is this common in Japan?
Modified by Takamura-sama, Aug 21, 2017 4:47 AM
I have yet to find a man who fapped more to anime than me.(JOIN NOW!) https://discord.gg/FjFP4jR if u want me to face reveal ask in pm

Aug 21, 2017 4:28 AM

Aug 21, 2017 4:29 AM

That is their culture. When I did my homestay in Japan, the outer room of the toilet cannot be locked. I never asked why (silly me). But, I am assuming it is so that your mother or your partner could come in and bring in a change of clothes or use the laundry and etc.
Check out my channel!
Erzat
Instagram

Aug 21, 2017 4:35 AM

I don't have a problem with it. What I do have a problem with is the beatdown the guy gets when said event happens...like fucking seriously?? How is it his fault you can't lock or leave a note on the fucking door??? This is why Accelerator is the best

Aug 21, 2017 4:36 AM

So the garbage tsundere can say baka and hit him

Wow so funny 11/10

Aug 21, 2017 4:38 AM

The *It's not what it looks like* cliche is way overused -_-

>Never gets old

--FUN-- things die if they eat dog food ----

Aug 21, 2017 4:39 AM

Why doesn't the male knock on the door before he enters the room?

Aug 21, 2017 4:42 AM

Takamura-sama said:
Anyways why is this? Is this common in Japan?

Yes, apparently interior locks don't see much use in Japan. Maybe it's because old japanese sliding doors can't be locked, so the concept never caught on.

Aug 21, 2017 4:42 AM
Because Anime.
(And all the people that actually like that kind of thing to happen, otherwise there wouldn't be as much Harem/Ecchi Anime around as there are)

Aug 21, 2017 4:43 AM

Maybe they don't have locks? I mean, there is no lock in bathroom door in my house. Actually, the front door are the only door with a lock.

Aug 21, 2017 4:56 AM
Kotori❤Kanbe

fuyuki said:
Maybe they don't have locks? I mean, there is no lock in bathroom door in my house. Actually, the front door are the only door with a lock.

Did the KYAA already happened with someone that stayed over and you went in?
I have yet to find a man who fapped more to anime than me.(JOIN NOW!) https://discord.gg/FjFP4jR if u want me to face reveal ask in pm

Aug 21, 2017 5:01 AM

Takamura-sama said:
fuyuki said:

Did the KYAA already happened with someone that stayed over and you went in?
No, as long as you're not both blind and deaf you'll know that someone's there. You can easily see if the lights inside are turned on or hear the water if someone's having a shower.

Aug 21, 2017 5:45 AM

Because of culture. The Japanese are totally fine with it in real life too. Personally I think that only in English speaking countries the door is locked because where I live people come in and get out whenever I take a bath or shower and nobody gives a damn. Hell, I only close the door when it's someone who isn't family. I think the Japanese are just like that except for them not really having an option to lock their door.

Aug 21, 2017 5:59 AM

YuriCarrier said:
Why doesn't the male knock on the door before he enters the room?

Cause they haven't watched The Fairly OddParents.

Lazy is the name
sushi is my game

Aug 21, 2017 6:03 AM

When I was a kid my parents always told me to leave the bathroom door unlocked while taking a shower, just in case I slipped and fell. That way they could come in and help me.

I guess it's the same way with anime girls, if the door wasn't unlocked when they fell and hit their head in the shower, how could the MC come in and molest them?

Aug 21, 2017 6:04 AM

Because "plot" demands it that is why.

- Soo MAL you are finally back. It must be tough. What did it cost?
+ Everything...

Aug 21, 2017 6:06 AM

Maybe because they don't have lockers.

Aug 21, 2017 6:07 AM

And despite knowing that scenes like that are a thing, people still claim that bad fanservice doesn't exist.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Aug 21, 2017 6:09 AM

This is a question we have needed for years.
Answer?
F A N S E R V I C E.
"You don't need a reason to live, you just live"
-Nero Vanetti, 91 Days

Aug 21, 2017 6:17 AM
because it's meant for these happenings to happen.
It's a style you can mostly and probably only find in japanese anime.

Aug 21, 2017 6:42 AM

FMmatron said:
And despite knowing that scenes like that are a thing, people still claim that bad fanservice doesn't exist.

Well, we ecchi fans don't really get tired of these things happening.
I mean, I read the entire Love Hina manga, which had a lot of bath scenes, and even more scenes of the MC walking in on girls, and I liked it to the end.

Aug 21, 2017 6:42 AM

SunnyOWX said:

I've actually seen a scene just like that in a romanian literature novel from 1930's

Aug 21, 2017 6:48 AM

flannan said:
FMmatron said:

I mean, I read the entire Love Hina manga, which had a lot of bath scenes, and even more scenes of the MC walking in on girls, and I liked it to the end.

Well, I admit that it can be funny, it's rather rare, tho and most of the time it's not really my cup of tea. But to each their own.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Aug 21, 2017 6:49 AM

How else would the guy barge in and shout "nani?!"
And then the girl shouts "baka hentai!"
And then the guy gets punched.
And then I stop watching that anime.

Bathroom mishaps are easily avoided, just do this.

Aug 21, 2017 6:54 AM
fanservice<3

im pretty sure some doors in japan just don't have locks, which would make sense since its considered one of the safest countries itw

flannan said:
FMmatron said:

yea pretty much this.. no matter how many times i see things in anime, it doesn't bother me or i still love it.. that goes beyond fanservice

Aug 21, 2017 7:01 AM

Yeah afaik in japan they rarely have locks.
But by now it gets on my nerves whenever something like this happens in anime, because its always the same - Girl(s) are in bathroom, guy walks in and gets scolded for it. Funny. haha. Handling this situation differently is what makes an anime better imo. Like when the guy/girl in the bathroom doesnt make a fuss, or if they have indeed locks. I dont know why, its just really annoying for me how its always the same thing in 95% of anime and thats mostly also the highlight of those episodes..

PS: I think the Accelerator scene is a great example how to do it right. I remember a scene where Index was changing in Toumas room, touma walked in and ofc she gets mad. Like bitch its his apartment to begin with..
Modified by Comander-07, Aug 21, 2017 7:06 AM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.

Aug 21, 2017 9:26 AM
Kotori❤Kanbe

Bobby2Hands said:
How else would the guy barge in and shout "nani?!"
And then the girl shouts "baka hentai!"
And then the guy gets punched.
And then I stop watching that anime.

Bathroom mishaps are easily avoided, just do this.

You are a real watamoto fan aren't u.

Aug 21, 2017 9:43 AM

tbh this is always brought up as a bad cliche but I've not really seen those scenes that much
Or maybe my memory is bad.

Yes I didn't watch an awful lot but still

Aug 21, 2017 9:48 AM

Bruh my sister does this all the time, this is real life.

Aug 21, 2017 9:57 AM

I never lock the door when I use the bathroom, unless it's like a public restroom or something. Most normal people understand that if the door to a bathroom is closed, you should at least knock before entering.
WORK MAKES YOU FREE

Aug 21, 2017 10:04 AM

Not looking the bathroom door is normal. My question is why do people in anime knock on the door to someone's house and then barge in anyway when they get no response ie. that scene where Shinji sees Rei naked.

Aug 21, 2017 10:17 AM

I sort of walked in on my homestay sister when she was getting out of the shower without a towel or anything. She acted like it was normal so I had to oblidge. But I was worse than friend-zoned (and I daresay I’m pretty good looking myself).

I guess low birthrates means that there’s a lot of single lonely old men who wish they could do so? It’s not amazing honestly— that’s how pathetic it is.

Aug 21, 2017 11:08 AM
harshtruth said:
I don't have a problem with it. What I do have a problem with is the beatdown the guy gets when said event happens...like fucking seriously?? How is it his fault you can't lock or leave a note on the fucking door??? This is why Accelerator is the best

This. So much this.
Seriously I don't get how anyone can find this shit funny.

Aug 21, 2017 12:00 PM
~ Nyan-chan ~

Being honest this isn't really much of an issue, because in real life, unless there's a visitor around the house, I usually leave the door opened when I'm alone in the house with nobody in.

Aug 21, 2017 4:44 PM
Kotori❤Kanbe

Wasshio said:
Being honest this isn't really much of an issue, because in real life, unless there's a visitor around the house, I usually leave the door opened when I'm alone in the house with nobody in.

yeah but that's WHEN YOURE ALONE.

THEY AREN'T ALONE!

Aug 21, 2017 4:51 PM

if i was a cute anime girl id shower with the door open
hell id walk around tokyo with a bucket taking moving showers
イカロス --I K A R O S D E S U-- "Hai master" <3cruise

Becoming the bell of my heart
dont click here, baka -->> https://soundcloud.com/franciscan-guitar

Aug 22, 2017 7:10 AM
because if they lock it the anime will have less pervert fans and the anime studio will go bankrupt. same for manga, the manga will have less pervert fans and the mangaka will go bankrupt. and those pervert fans are usually the ones who are hardcore, like those who buy the merchandise and fuck ten different bodypillows ten times a day. also the anime studio's staff or mangaka will rape them as a result thinking if they go bankrupt they'll at least go bankrupt with honor.
Modified by LoGH_Elitist_boy, Aug 22, 2017 7:16 AM

Aug 22, 2017 7:14 AM

Because... PLOT AND FANSERVIECE 10/10 *dies a bit in the inside*

Aug 22, 2017 7:38 AM
For your usual shower scene misunderstanding happening. You can't keep the core aspects of some anime away, can you?

Aug 25, 2017 7:25 AM
Caciulacdlac said:
SunnyOWX said:

I've actually seen a scene just like that in a romanian literature novel from 1930's
welp i guess i was wrong. thaks for letting me know