Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 14, 2010 9:53 PM

Jan 2010
Well i have read the manga and knew she was gonna die even when I was reading it. It sucks though cause after reading and watching Terresa is still my favorite character. She was beast like seriously 10% and she was out doing a being who was pretty much awakend.
A man who knows nothing and says something IS the dumbest person alive. A man who knows something and says nothing could possibly be the smartest person in the world -Unknown

Oct 24, 2010 4:36 AM

Oct 2010
i understand that Teresa let her guard down, but still...........she went out in a sorry a$$ way, IMO.....
thats almost as bad as KAT from Halo reach getting sniped in the head....like wow

(yes i just used a example from a game)

she did not go out all bad ass like.... disagree with me all you want but that's just how i feel about her death.....but Priscilla did look awesome in her final form...
also i was expecting her to die sooner or later but as i said....the way she went out was horrible...
I'll never say "I understand what you're going through"
Nov 10, 2010 6:26 PM

Dec 2009
I thought this anime was going to follow a linear story line, then they throw in a twist like this... I felt like if I just hit a brick wall.

I'm happy this event happened though (as tragic as it was), not many anime can make me go "HEY" like this one did.
Feb 20, 2011 6:34 PM

May 2010
Someone tell me she faked her own death.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Feb 20, 2011 7:37 PM
Nov 2010
Confucius said:
Someone tell me she faked her own death.

Don't worry, dead people stay dead in Claymore (until the late manga chapter anyway lol)
Mar 7, 2011 3:52 PM

Nov 2010
:'( Teressa...............
Mar 11, 2011 10:48 AM

Jun 2009
ummm.... Damn.
Mar 18, 2011 12:11 PM

Jul 2010
Probably late, but... DAMN THAT PRSCILLA!!!! I hated her even much further after what she did!
I knew she's a b%^&^, and I knew that this would happen after she followed Teresa out the village, but I didn't know I'll hate it that much..
Damn I may even not continue watching other episodes cuz that damned 'she's a murderer.. she's a murderer' won in the end while she doesn't even deserve to live >:(

I like this episode in a bad way.
Mar 22, 2011 11:27 AM

Jul 2009
I could probably go and on about this, but i'm going to make it brief. When the one you're about to execute, has accepted her fate, but STILL grasps for her weapon, you shouldn't underestimate them.

Also, sad to see Teresa die
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Aug 24, 2011 5:04 PM
Jan 2010
fukushi said:
the series were not looking promising for me at all. but now I'm really impressed.
there are a couple of things I don't understand.
for example this
cyruz said:
Oh yeah, I wonder why she didn't attack Clare in the end. If you're a hungry devil, anything would do, right?

and also Teresa was really strong and she felt every movement of the opponent. so where did this feeling go? she survived attacks which were faster but missed this one.

loved the ep anyway.

because Priscilla was so strong and had so much of Yoma power that Teresa could no longer distinguish what parts her oppenent is gonna use yoma powers with... this was explained in the episode.

this bitch Priscilla is such an imbecile, liar, hypocrite, contradicting her own words and beliefs...
something was wrong with her head, repeating that thing about her father as is it was Teresa's fault... Teresa could have explained why she did that... I really hate her, but at the same time I don't really like anime's when main enemy is just *pure* evil, that's just lame imho.

In a way this was Clare's fault... she was the one that caused all the problems for Teresa, but Teresa got to cry with her silver eyes and became even more human with a purpose of life...

And about Clare. She is probably not even that strong, I can't imagine how she is gonna take on Priscila on the last episode (I presume). Clare was ready to die when was fighting that one single "strong" yoma and she didn't show anything like that she can't die yet, that she has to revenge Teresa.
And her cold acting with boy, even though she was in the same situation, she too tried to leave the boy alone... When she told boy that she wouldn't have stopped that guy's punch, etc... What the hell is wrong with her? Even Teresa was past the stage when she was pretending not to care. I am very disappointed with Clare now.

Now I know that Teresa is going to kill Priscila as the main antagonist. But taking into account all the things I mentioned, this anime looks stupid atm.
They need to check mental status of Claymores in that academy lol
ephemeralNowAug 24, 2011 5:16 PM
Sep 26, 2011 3:59 PM

Jul 2010
zanmato666 said:
Aokaado said:
noooooo =(

Te..... te....te....terr.... TERESA !!!!!!!

DEATH TO PRISCILLA !!!!!

LOL, well this was bound to happen some time. I was prepared for it. But damn Teresa was my favourite character in the series :(.

i had a feeling she was gonna die, but than i forgot about that when watching this episode but still. the way she died, after all that talk about how she's so strong that she didnt even awaken her eyes. yet how she killed teresa made her look like nothing compared to priscalla.

Kayrhandros said:
saif said:
When I saw Priscilla trying to reach her sword I thought the slash we saw was going to be Countered by Teresa to kill Priscilla and then poor Teresa lost her hands and I was O.O WTF and then her head flies away the coolest character died T.T
It's her fault for letting her guard down. She could only keep up with Priscila by releasing her powers too (10% if I recall right). She went back to normal status and her reflexes dropped, while Priscilla's speed/strength stayed the same. Thus, she didn't not have the reflexes to counter at the time. (that's a least my explanation ^_^.)

yep thats one of the main reasons why she died. even if priscalla is in GOd mode, teresa might be able to, with a miracle kill priscalla. but you wouldnt think that, all of them want to die with a human heart, can't blame her for not seeing the lie

Oct 2, 2011 9:52 PM

Jul 2011
Grrrr I would say I Wonna kill Priscilla myself but even if I have the power That I have in mind I wouldn't match her :@ F@#%!!!!

I wonder how could anyone defeat her now, She's Invincible! o.o
Dec 2, 2011 11:02 PM

May 2010
case649 said:

Would it have killed Madhouse to animate some actual style and technique instead of just wild repetitive spark-scattering sword swinging?

It's not just spark-scattering sword swinging, it's Madhouse's distinct style. You'll see it all over their shows, where instead of focusing on technique they go for visual effect. It's much more than simple grinding, rather they use quick cuts and sudden movements to confuse the viewer and place them in the battle a bit more. The fact that you can't follow the movements is meant to reinforce the fact that these guys are far beyond human.

Even if you disagree with that analysis, the fact is that it is a formula that works, and Madhouse isn't going to waste time showing style and technique when as a highly experienced company they know well what tends to draw in more viewers.
“Money can't buy dere”
Dec 25, 2011 8:11 PM

Dec 2009
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I can't describe my feelings and my face when i saw Teresa dying. ;A; I knew it was going to happen soon or later, but.. It was such an unexpected attack! I got distracted for one second and when i looked over the screen Teresa was already without her hands and then her head, i was in shock. T_T
Poor Clare! I hope she kills that stupid Priscillamonster.
Jan 22, 2012 2:12 AM

Oct 2010
Episode is amazingly well drawn and fights are excelent. Too bad Teresa had to die but it made no sense to drag on ''flashback'' episodes too long.
Feb 13, 2012 4:24 AM

Dec 2011
Bring Teresa back with the dragon balls!
Mar 27, 2012 1:20 AM

Oct 2011
FUCK. THAT CAUGHT ME OFF GUARD.

NOOOOO, SHE WAS SO GORGEOUS.
R.I.P TERESA.
; o;
|ω・)
Mar 30, 2012 1:28 PM

Feb 2010
What kind of monster you have to be to write something like this? I hated and loved this episode. Couldn't stop thinking about it the whole day. I don't want Clare to have revenge, I want her to be happy with her Teresa.
May 4, 2012 3:33 PM

Sep 2011
NOOOOO!!! I knew this was going to happen eventually... I was just hoping it wouldn't happen so soon! :(

She was my favorite character in this anime too... ;-;
Jul 23, 2012 5:13 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That was sooner than I expected. And it was done without being overly dramatic or sappy. Teresa was a great character and I hope the story can keep on being as good without her.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 13, 2012 8:22 PM

Oct 2010
o.o i knew something like this could happen, but why :________:
Aug 22, 2012 3:53 AM

Oct 2008
Omg I'm still so shocked!! TERESA WHY!!! I hate you Priscilla '-'
Sep 25, 2012 8:44 PM

Nov 2011
And that is how God yoma came to be. God, if only Teresa has no mercy.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Oct 5, 2012 1:44 PM

Jan 2012
Complete nonsense. Teresa was way stronger and they let her die just like that. We didn't even get to see her Yoma form. I'm in RAGE.

Oct 11, 2012 12:41 PM

Dec 2010
FU*K! FU*K! FU*K! FU*K! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED!

When I was told people died in this show I didn't take it so seriously as to expect Teresa to die. TERESA AND THE OTHER THREE! SERIOUSLY! FU*KING SHIT! NO! HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN! TERESA IS ACTUALLY THE FIRST CHARACTER EVER TO GET PUNISHED FOR LETTING HER GUARD DOWN!

I believe that's why I didn't expect her to die... this just doesn't happen like this usually. I just can't become composed and explain just what is that I feel about this episode. It's as much Teresa's fault for being so soft AND CARELESS! as it's that man's fault for sending 2-month trained girl with yellow on her mouth that doesn't even know her limits. SERIOUSLY, I'D BETTER SEE TERESA BECOMING YOMA THAN HER JUST GETTING KILLED LIKE THAT! PRISCILLA YOU LITTLE SHIT!

That stupid bitch, I can't imagine terrible enough punishment for HER!
Nov 2, 2012 9:35 AM

Jul 2012
Wow Priscilla sucks she couldn't beat Teresa fair and square so she resorted to a cheap tactic....Teresa should have killed her when she had the chance.
Nov 8, 2012 1:21 AM

Jun 2008
I feel sick after watching this. Damn it was even more disturbing than Afro Samurai head chop off scene.
Mar 28, 2013 6:55 PM

Jan 2013
Um dos melhores animes que ja vi. (eu nao vi mts, mas esse anime contenteza é um dos melhores,enredo, historia, art, traço, desenho, etc.
But.
WTF??!

my english sucks so, *wrong wrong* tudo errado pra caralho.
DEMO..FEELL MY HATE. OH GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DAMN YOU HOLY SHIT AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH
Apr 7, 2013 6:04 AM

May 2012
Damn they really killed of Teresa and the others :'( she was such a lovely character! But damn to see that awakened creator with such power... This might be the start for revenge!
May 21, 2013 9:59 AM

Feb 2011
This episode turned this serie's 9 into a 10
Jun 3, 2013 9:42 AM

Apr 2013
So, are we to assume that Claire, who has already almost reached her limit for Yoma power, is going to kill Priscilla? After Priscilla killed all of the 4 other top Claymores in the Organization in under a minute? With that in perspective, how will anybody be able to stop her? She's been OP'd to the fucking moon and back.

With her extendable spear fingers thing, she can potentially kill up to 10 weaker Claymores at a time. So unless the Organization has hundreds of Claymores that are at least somewhere close to the skill level of the ex-top 5 that they can throw at her, it seems impossible for her to be killed.

If the writers can somehow figure out a logical, believable way to resolve this, I'll give this show a fucking 10/10.
Jun 11, 2013 6:27 AM

Dec 2012
EnigmaticUnknown said:
So, are we to assume that Claire, who has already almost reached her limit for Yoma power, is going to kill Priscilla? After Priscilla killed all of the 4 other top Claymores in the Organization in under a minute? With that in perspective, how will anybody be able to stop her? She's been OP'd to the fucking moon and back.

With her extendable spear fingers thing, she can potentially kill up to 10 weaker Claymores at a time. So unless the Organization has hundreds of Claymores that are at least somewhere close to the skill level of the ex-top 5 that they can throw at her, it seems impossible for her to be killed.

If the writers can somehow figure out a logical, believable way to resolve this, I'll give this show a fucking 10/10.

Well maybe being with Raki would help her become stronger.

Amon-Raw said:
Wow Priscilla sucks she couldn't beat Teresa fair and square so she resorted to a cheap tactic....Teresa should have killed her when she had the chance.

I totally agree. The %&$#?@! Priscilla.
Sep 7, 2013 3:41 PM

Aug 2013
Well, that was unexpected and brutal. I like it.
Check out my epic? youtube channel yo!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtS2LcQwcqpHyQGXekGDGVA
Sep 21, 2013 7:41 AM
Mar 2013
Teresa was to OP for her own good. If the top 5 Claymore's can't kill her, and even the strongest Yoma can't make her flinch, then how are you supposed to kill her?

First option is to introduce a super-powered entity that can overpower Teresa and kill her. If you read my first paragraph, then you know that just isn't possible, she is the most powerful "monster" in the Claymore world (as far as we know).

Second option is to introduce some kind of bullshit handicap in order for someone weaker to get the upper hand and kill her.

Obviously, we know that the author tried using the second option in order to justify Teresa's death, but I disagree with how it's done.

I'll be honest, I didn't like the fact that Teresa was killed the way she was. I thought it was a cop-out, considering she didn't even use more than 10% of her Yoma powers and was able to match Priscilla who was at over 80%.

I guess the only way to kill Teresa was to create a bull shit scenario where she let her guard down because she's way to powerful to be killed in a fair fight.

I would have rather had a scenario where Teresa willing sacrificed herself to save Clare from death. At least then it would have made more sense than saying "Oops, I let my guard down". Bullshit.

On another note, can you imagine how powerful Teresa would be if she turned full Yoma? If Teresa's 10% = Priscilla's >80%, then I don't want to imagine how powerful Teresa is in Yoma form!
Dec 1, 2013 9:57 AM

Aug 2013
The look on Clare's face is exactly how i felt when Teresa died....
My Candies:
Dec 1, 2013 5:45 PM

May 2011
Speechless.

Shock. Sadness. Rage. Sadness. Mission.
Dec 10, 2013 8:23 AM

Nov 2013
I cried. Te...re...sa!!!!!!!!!!!!
Interested in Japanese dance songs? See this thread: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=702085
Jan 7, 2014 9:42 PM

Jun 2010
What a fascinating situation. The events in this episode represent a disaster for the Organization and humanity itself. A number of things could have prevented this.

If Teresa had followed the rules and let Clare die instead of killing the bandits, it would not have happened. But who can countenance that?

If Teresa had submitted to execution for breaking that rule, it would not have happened. But why should she when the circumstances of her violation were the way they were?

If Teresa had killed Priscilla when she had her kneeling in defeat, it would not have happened. But wouldn't that be punishing an innocent merely to suit Teresa's convenience and represent her just doing whatever she pleased because no one could stop her?

If the Organization had never allowed the apparently not-very-stable Priscilla from becoming a half-monster super-woman in the first place, it would not have happened. But who could have predicted this, and doesn't the Organization seem to be something of a last resort for a meaningful life for women broken in some way by the Yoma? Wasn't it fulfilling a purpose by giving Priscilla a mission against the creatures who killed her family?

Arguably the greatest tragic figure here is Priscilla; she wanted nothing but to fight monsters to protect humanity but she becomes one instead. Is this simply her own fault for not controlling her own dangerous powers? Or can Teresa's stubbornness be blamed, considering that the principle that called for her death is a reasonable one?

The moral complexity is impressive. It's a shame most of the dialogue is so terrible.

It's even more interesting because what sent Priscilla over the edge was moral outrage and frustration at her inability to do anything about it. This is a very common shonen convention and it usually results in the hero gaining the power to right the wrong that enrages them so. Goku transforming into a Super-Saiyan in Dragon Ball when his friend is callously killed is a classic example. That here the outrage is directed at the protagonist of this extended flashback sequence and that it causes Priscilla's self-destruction is pretty interesting.

On the other hand, we have bog-standard powering-up effects like flashing lights and billowing wind. I feel like there's a struggle inside this series between actually good ideas and just playing out shonen conventions.
FronzelJan 10, 2014 8:26 PM
Jan 11, 2014 12:46 AM
May 2013
-Shuda- said:
Speechless.

Shock. Sadness. Rage. Sadness. Mission.
Why epic characters have to die so soon ?
This was the worst way to die in an anime , I hate it .I was her fault for letting the guard down.
She snatched victory from the jaws of defeat.
EP 8 is cursed I tell you because this isn't the 1st time an epic character dies in ep 8.
Jan 30, 2014 2:44 AM

Jan 2013
Oh yeah, Sweet Episode
'"Hearts, you say? You Humans are always so quick to speak of such things. As though you carry your hearts in the very palms of your hands. But this eye of mine perceives all. There is nothing that it overlooks. If this eye cannot see a thing, then it does not exist. That is the assumption under which I have always fought. What is this "heart"? If I tear open that chest of yours, will I see it there? If I smash open that skull of yours, will I see it there?4th Espada

Feb 16, 2014 9:10 PM

May 2010
I'm at a loss of words..
Mar 13, 2014 2:16 AM

Jan 2014
Damn, this ep hit me right in the feels. I can understand why things had to happen which explains a lot.

For example why Clare became a Claymore and why Raki hugging Clare during the Great Chapel scene helped her through it. It also gives hope that Clare will be a proficient fighter without having to use her powers or at least save her powers for the final fight, where Raki can save her again hehe.
Apr 22, 2014 1:43 AM

Jul 2013
Mindblown!
Apr 27, 2014 3:45 PM

Jun 2012
My favorite character died. Priscilla needs to be dead.
君と僕の間によこたわる空
May 15, 2014 6:21 PM
May 2014
I can't believe what I just saw.I didn't read the manga so that was pretty shocking. A little creepy at the end too.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2014 8:38 AM

Jan 2012
What an awesome battle! One of the best I've seen in a long time, seriously thought Teresa was gonna make it out alive too, she was very much a bad-ass in every aspect. Kind of a depressing ending for such a great battle too, never got to see Teresa unleash more than 10% of her Yoma powers, which was a shame. Still awesome though...

If I'm guessing correctly, then these past few episode are merely explaining how Clare came to be a Claymore. Hopefully fully-grown Clare will find that Priscilla b**ch and cut her head off, after another intense battle surely haha.
NekozzieMay 20, 2014 8:42 AM
Jul 18, 2014 12:01 AM

Apr 2014
you know, the fact that I hate Priscilla this much just proves that's she's the perfect bad guy. I usually feel some sort of sympathy towards the bad guy but Priscilla is just like a bad guy should be. Damn I knew it was coming but Teresa's death made me really sad, the only reason she lost was because her guard was down. I thought Priscilla liked a fair fight but I guess not
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 4, 2014 7:18 AM

Aug 2010
Damn... screw that bitch Priscilla. Looks like Teresa's character development got her killed. In a way it makes her better. Her weakness was her kind heart which she got after meeting Clare.

R.I.P Teresa. Truly the strongest.
Sep 1, 2014 9:49 AM

Aug 2014
I wasn't expecting that... R.I.P Teresa.
Oct 1, 2014 12:17 PM
Aug 2014
I am crying. Idk if i loved it or i hated it. Teresa :'(
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Claymore Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kayrhandros - Sep 26, 2007

414 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 23, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Sep 12, 2007

91 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 23, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayrhandros - Aug 21, 2007

79 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 23, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Baman - Aug 8, 2007

92 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 21, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayrhandros - Jul 31, 2007

85 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 21, 12:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.