Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 19, 2017 5:24 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Really nice to see Hit in action again.
He struggled quite a bit at first until he manages to trick Dyspo. Clever.

Goku and Hit teaming up though...that's almost like a dream team. Hoping the see Jiren fight soon. Hit makes some of the weaker members of Universe 11 look like a joke.
Stark700Aug 19, 2017 5:32 PM
Aug 19, 2017 5:27 PM

Apr 2014
I think this was the best episode so far. Gonna rewatch it multiple times

∞/10
themanualreader@proton.me
Aug 19, 2017 5:34 PM

Jan 2012
SSG Goku back and Hit actually taking damage from his opponent.
Aug 19, 2017 5:50 PM

Jul 2015
Ssj god is faster than blue and requires less stamina. That's cool because that means they'll still use blue when they need that extra strength. Really like how Goku used blue and god interchangeably throughout the fight
Aug 19, 2017 6:43 PM
Jun 2017
The use of the God form and Blue in this episode was amazing. Though I am wondering how Goku managed to obtain the God form again, as he hasn't used it since the Battle of Gods Arc.
Aug 19, 2017 6:50 PM
Jan 2013
Next episode gonna be boring. This stinks! This tournament is full of canon fodders lmao. Let me guess, more canon fodders will drop out for like 20 more episodes before the real action starts!
Syphic101Aug 19, 2017 6:54 PM
Aug 19, 2017 6:54 PM

Sep 2015
OMG Jiren make a noise finally shit got real?
Into the Internet!
Aug 19, 2017 7:05 PM

Aug 2013
ReguIus said:
Ssj god is faster than blue and requires less stamina.

Unless the subtitles were not accurate, Whis said SSG is faster than "super saiyan" and consumes less stamina than blue. So SSG should be weaker than blue in both speed and power.

The tag team battle of Goku and Hit was kinda underwhelming. It was more like 2 separate 1v1 happening at same time except they switched opponent half way throu. I expected more teamwork.

So yep, as I afraid, the explanation for using SSG was brainless and poor story-writing. Since Goku already knew how to transform to SSG, there was no reason to use blue earlier in the tournament. The fact that they repeatedly emphasize on "conserving energy" made this story-writing even worse.

The idea of switching between SSG and Blue during battle is interesting.
Aug 19, 2017 7:31 PM

Jan 2016
So... In the end, the reason they brought back the SSG was the same explanation given by the manga. Using the SSJ Blue only in the instant moment of attacking. And Hit & Goku weren't actually doing a teamwork as I thought it could be, they fought individually xD

Dyspo is stronger than SSG though, that's quite a feat considering he was struggling with a random alien when he was first introduced lol But it seems that U11 now will get more serious for later episodes.

Some Master Roshi screentime for the next episode! It may be interesting to see xD
THANKS SENPIEX
Aug 19, 2017 7:40 PM

Jun 2015
Dayum hit is pretty badass, and only 3 left from universe 11 :o
Aug 19, 2017 7:47 PM

Sep 2016
same strategy used in manga, i hope vegeta will also used it later on. the BGM when SSG appeared is so epic. next week roshi vs sexy fighter
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Aug 19, 2017 7:54 PM

Apr 2012
When will Vegita do that red form? It annoying that knowing he has this already unlocked in the previous manga chapters.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Aug 19, 2017 8:22 PM

Mar 2016
The first and probably only good (6.5) episode of this arc...

It had good thing like watching Hit losing to someone other than Goku's asspulls (in the anime), see SSG again and the awesome (non-recycled) animation.

But had its own problems like:
1. Goku appears out of no where using SSG? How did he TAPPED again into that form and WHEN did he do that?
2. Why isn't Hit surprised to see a form that Goku never showed to him (in the anime)? (but we can assume it's Hit and he's never surprised with anithing)
3. So, Blue has more power and burns more stamina and God uses less power and has speed and uses less stamina? Like, Blue now has restriction that Goku completely ignored for about 100 episodes besides the fact that he enters in the tournament of power using Blue every single time the writers want him to drop his guard... LOL
4. Goku going SSG - SSB - SSG. - I don't know if they tried to pay tribute to Toyotaro's manga or if they just copy pasted Vegeta's tactique that he used against Black from it but in case it's the 2nd one, you can really see how much Toei even tries to wrote a good story. Like, it seems that they are just copy pasting Toyotaro's ideas into the anime when introducing them into a broken story make no fckng sense!

Besides, if they brought back SSG only god knows how, why not make Vegeta SSG too? Fanservice is fanservice and that's what people want to see...

azertz99Aug 19, 2017 8:29 PM
Aug 19, 2017 8:28 PM

Jan 2009
wow Dyspo is faster than the speed of light? thats a first in Dragonball

i wonder if Goku can go faster than the speed of light later too

Hit is awesome he uses feints/fake special moves to confuse Dyspo lol

time for Toppo and Jiren to fight in the upcoming battles
Aug 19, 2017 8:40 PM

May 2015
i like how toppo drooped the justice act near the end and was like "its live or die now"
episode went too fast but was good i geuss, next week Looks meh honestly.
Aug 19, 2017 8:43 PM

Jan 2009
btw looks like a lot of people in this thread are not reading the manga version of dragon ball super

goku switching from red form to blue form is nothing new in the manga version
Aug 19, 2017 8:48 PM

May 2015
I thought Champa would have a heart attack...
Aug 19, 2017 9:09 PM

Apr 2015
Ok episode, nothing special.

Dyspo was weak after all.

3/5
Aug 19, 2017 9:15 PM
Jul 2016
When did goku learn Distored Impact from DMC3/4 Dante? LOL
Aug 19, 2017 10:08 PM

Dec 2015
Well done Toei, in one scene Dyspo is normal, the next he suddenly grows huge muscles lol
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 19, 2017 10:25 PM

Apr 2012
Dypshit is lucky that killing isn't allowed or else Hit would've killed him.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Aug 19, 2017 10:45 PM

Dec 2014
It was a decent episode I guess.

Hit actually took damage against Dyspo but it was cool how he tricked him multiple times to eventually come out on top.

Using SSJG and SSJB interchangeably was interesting but saying SSJG consumes less stamina after 100 episodes of Goku going Blue without any repercussions seems totally off.
Aug 19, 2017 11:14 PM

Dec 2011
This is the episode i have been waiting for.It was amazing and the new soundtrack of this episode was just great.
I would love to see more Hit and Goku team up.May be it will happen again vs Jiren.
Next episode going be Roshi sacrifice.So i guess he will be the next top drop out..
kaitonicAug 19, 2017 11:20 PM
Aug 19, 2017 11:16 PM

Dec 2009
Lelouch0202 said:
It was a decent episode I guess.

Hit actually took damage against Dyspo but it was cool how he tricked him multiple times to eventually come out on top.

Using SSJG and SSJB interchangeably was interesting but saying SSJG consumes less stamina after 100 episodes of Goku going Blue without any repercussions seems totally off.

This idea was introduced in the manga adaptation (Where Goku has used Super Saiyan God multiple times) and it seems Toei is adapting that idea.
Aug 19, 2017 11:18 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Very fun episode. Hit went savage mode at the end. Amazing that Dyspo was able to go toe to toe with SSG. Speaking of SSG, it's great to see the form again. But makes me wonder why he never used it throughout the show. Maybe he had no need for it back then since why conserve energy vs someone when you can go all out instead.

Great teamwork I suppose but wow that Kunshi reminded me of that Bojack movie. He wasn't a pushover that's for sure.

Champa with that vuvuzela xD

Aug 19, 2017 11:47 PM

Apr 2016
If killing was allowed than it might be RIP dyspo
BRAWLERS
Aug 20, 2017 12:34 AM

Apr 2013
Jesus Christ, Hit is such a badass character, like I get chills from knowing what could happen if he didn't have any restrictions on killing, ah thanks DBS for giving me a character I can appreciate greatly

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Aug 20, 2017 1:09 AM
Mar 2011
a vuvuzella...
Is it 2010 again ?
Aug 20, 2017 1:15 AM
Jun 2017
Awesome episode! Hit kept growing during the right, and is truly enjoying martial arts now. Ssg was nice to see again, taking after vegeta going back and forth. It makes sense why he wouldn't ever use it before, cause ss blue was fast enough for everyone else. Dyspo is really something.

Typical teamwork by those two, it worked nicely since they both figured out how to beat dyspo. Hits way was better. This episode left me wanting goku vs jiren toppo vs hit then hit takes out vegeta and co. To face goku one last time for a draw.
Aug 20, 2017 1:31 AM

Nov 2016
Episode was ok I guess,next week looks funny.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 20, 2017 2:14 AM

Apr 2014
Yakugami said:
a vuvuzella...
Is it 2010 again ?
Yeah, I thought the same thing. That was really annoying. Aside from that the episode was good.
Aug 20, 2017 2:32 AM
Apr 2013
Hit is awesome. Goku showing off some new strategy with his two Super Saiyan God forms. I didn't even realize 20 minutes had gone by.
Aug 20, 2017 3:43 AM

Sep 2011
Damn that was good!
Aug 20, 2017 3:51 AM

Sep 2014
-10/10 I should really just drop it but Im to curious to see the good content (will there be any?)
Like expected SSG (red) was asspulled out of nowhere without explanation, like expected suddenly SSG and SSG Blue have drawbacks/limitations which they happily ignored for the last 104 episodes. Like "hurrdurr my stamina oh no I need to reserve my strength" - then always goes SSG Blue to kamehameha the shit out of people after they where already defeated. Great...

Interesting side informtion here (which is probably just stupid nonsense) Champa could not see Hit and Dyspos attacks, his Angel could. More importantly the Zenos could also "not see anything" but apparently master Angel could. So this raises the question for me - how strong is Zeno really? My theory by now is he is just unable to die of age and has the special ability to randomly destroy universes and anything in it. But apart from that maybe he is Mister Satan like weak? But like I said the "cant see anything" comment was probably just stupid nonsense.

Champas and his vuvuzela was funny, he literally acts like a 12 year old. Also his supreme Kai makes the best facial expressions whenever champa says something (stupid) - "Oh no my life is tied to this idiot" or "and THIS is what our god of destruction looks like"

Vegeta chilling again. Fieza chilling again.

And was it just me or was even this tag team battle garbage? How do they manage to make a Hit x SSG Goku battle so boring? And of course annoying filler character gets saved again.
(I totally forgot that now they only have Toppo and Jiren and annoying side character left)

What they should have done in my opinion - Make Goku use his Kaioken ability to increase his speed. Not pull out SSG Red which would have been handy in every battle before (because less stamina hurr durr)

But Im looking forward to see Master Roshi again.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 20, 2017 4:08 AM

Oct 2015
Great episode.

This explanation is the same as in the manga, just a little weird.
So SSJ blue is faster and stronger than SSJ god, but saves energy? The subtitles do not say if SSJG is faster than SSJB, so I don't know what's really going on.
It's like if Goku tried to switch between SSJ and SSJB, just on a larger scale perhaps.

The only problem is that we're more than 10 mins into the tournament, and it was the first time he used SSJG, while could have done that before, instead of wasting energy. I understand how he haven't needed to use god form before the tournament, but he could have used it earlier in the tournament itself. Maybe writers waited for a good moment to use it. Whatever.

Hit almost got DYSPOSED.... I wonder how Dyspo is so strong, if the first time he was introduced, he kinda struggled against a random alien?

Also next week we're going to see Muten Roshi fighting. He's going to use mafuba, according to the preview, and he put down a small jar. Why would he do that, though? He could just throw them out of the ring using this technique. That would require a lot less precision, and concentration, than putting enemies into a tiny jar. We'll see how it turns out.

35/48 mins, 43/80 warriors left.
Aug 20, 2017 4:40 AM
Mar 2015
holy shit, this was so beautiful. ∞/10
Aug 20, 2017 5:04 AM

Dec 2014
I still think hit would've handled both...goku being the good gooder
Aug 20, 2017 6:11 AM

Feb 2013
Nice teamwork.
I didn't think that Hit will have any problem against that guy.
Aug 20, 2017 6:44 AM

Oct 2013
omg, next episode will be focusing on master roshi, i'm hyped already.

Slim_Lamie said:
43/80 warriors left.

Holy shit, almost half of the warriors are gone? good job tracking this :O
Aug 20, 2017 9:28 AM
Mar 2014
I can't believe how many people are confused by Goku's forms now, IF ANYTHING this episode should have cleared ALL problems.

1. Goku NEVER lost his ability to go SSJG (red)... why would he lose it?!?!? That's like saying; 'Oh, Goku went SSJ3 after not seeing this form in over 100 eps... where/how did he obtain this SSJ3 form again, and when did he do it?' ...DON'T BE STUPID -__________-

2. Why hasn't Goku used this form since he last obtained it?... SIMPLE, he didn't need too.
SSJG (Red)'s only advantage for Goku is that it's FASTER... YES, FASTER! than SSJGSSJ (Blue), and requires less stamina.

But lets face it, Goku worrying about his stamina in a 48min tournament is meaningless. ONLY 13mins has elapsed since the start of the tournament, and going Blue for a few seconds to overpower an opponent is nothing for Goku... especially when he's holding back Blue kaio-ken X10, which would obviously consume even MORE stamina/energy. Which means Goku has plenty of stamina to spare, and he only needs Red when he's going up against a REALLY FAST opponent, such as Dyspo (who apparently moves faster than the speed of light, which is impossible! but I digress).

3. YES Vegeta also has SSJG (red) form this entire time. To obtain SSJGSSJ (Blue), he must have went SSJG (Red) FIRST... or else God forms would not make any sense at all; as Blue is just SSJG (Red) + SSJ (but for some strange reason, you've lost speed transforming into blue -___- )
Aug 20, 2017 10:05 AM

Oct 2015
RageGoria said:
omg, next episode will be focusing on master roshi, i'm hyped already.

Slim_Lamie said:
43/80 warriors left.

Holy shit, almost half of the warriors are gone? good job tracking this :O

Actually, I just keep checking the wikipedia every week or so:

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Tournament_of_Power

People keep updating it, and I find it a very nice thing that there's a place where we can check these things.
Aug 20, 2017 10:09 AM

Oct 2015
The10tailedwolf said:
I can't believe how many people are confused by Goku's forms now, IF ANYTHING this episode should have cleared ALL problems.

1. Goku NEVER lost his ability to go SSJG (red)... why would he lose it?!?!? That's like saying; 'Oh, Goku went SSJ3 after not seeing this form in over 100 eps... where/how did he obtain this SSJ3 form again, and when did he do it?' ...DON'T BE STUPID -__________-

2. Why hasn't Goku used this form since he last obtained it?... SIMPLE, he didn't need too.
SSJG (Red)'s only advantage for Goku is that it's FASTER... YES, FASTER! than SSJGSSJ (Blue), and requires less stamina.

But lets face it, Goku worrying about his stamina in a 48min tournament is meaningless. ONLY 13mins has elapsed since the start of the tournament, and going Blue for a few seconds to overpower an opponent is nothing for Goku... especially when he's holding back Blue kaio-ken X10, which would obviously consume even MORE stamina/energy. Which means Goku has plenty of stamina to spare, and he only needs Red when he's going up against a REALLY FAST opponent, such as Dyspo (who apparently moves faster than the speed of light, which is impossible! but I digress).

3. YES Vegeta also has SSJG (red) form this entire time. To obtain SSJGSSJ (Blue), he must have went SSJG (Red) FIRST... or else God forms would not make any sense at all; as Blue is just SSJG (Red) + SSJ (but for some strange reason, you've lost speed transforming into blue -___- )

SSJG(red) is faster than SSJ, that's all they said
Aug 20, 2017 11:29 AM
Dec 2014
Man this episode was so good after the last 2.
Aug 20, 2017 11:32 AM

Nov 2010
The action was good but conserving energy between super Saiyan god and super Saipan blue forms is pretty late to say.super is bad!!!
Aug 20, 2017 12:14 PM

May 2015
MasternRoshi is next! GO GRAMPS!

Good to see God form
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 20, 2017 12:29 PM

Jul 2014
Goku using SSG of all sudden after all this time seems like asspull to be honest he was spamming SSB like crazy in Black arc and had enough power later to overpower Merged zamasu but now they are back to SSG

The manga had this since U6 where Goku used SSG many times because SSB does indeed drain a lot of stamina and transforming into it more than 1-2 time a day isn't good idea while in anime they use SSB in joke scenes
Aug 20, 2017 12:36 PM

Jun 2017
Fail Troopers are getting real old but at least dropping the stupid "JUSITCEEEE!" act makes them more bearable. It won't be fun seeing Jiren casually wipe most of the remaining fighters just to do a showdown with Goku.
Aug 20, 2017 1:10 PM
Oct 2016
Comander-07 said:

suddenly SSG and SSG Blue have drawbacks/limitations which they happily ignored for the last 104 episodes.

Actually, SSB had that limitation stated in episode 38, remember our little argument?

Told you TOEI F'd that up, you where stubborn about it, claiming Goku's comment about SSB stamina draining in episode 38 wasn't an inconstancy at all.

Well, enjoy, the anime's garbage logic, has proven me right, again.

Comander-07 said:

how strong is Zeno really? My theory by now is he is just unable to die of age and has the special ability to randomly destroy universes and anything in it. But apart from that maybe he is Mister Satan like weak?

While you could be right, I doubt it, East Kaio-shin insist that no matter what, Zen-Oh can't be defeated.

He's not a fighter, but maybe his resistance to damage is superior to anything else.

Comander-07 said:

And was it just me or was even this tag team battle garbage?

It was indeed underwhelming.
SSJ4LifeAug 22, 2017 1:14 PM
Aug 20, 2017 1:25 PM

Sep 2014
SSJ4Life said:
Comander-07 said:

suddenly SSG and SSG Blue have drawbacks/limitations which they happily ignored for the last 104 episodes.

Actually, SSB had that limitation stated in episode 38, remember our little argument?

Told you TOEI F'd that up, you where stubborn about it, claiming Goku's comment about SSB stamina draining in episode 38 wasn't an inconstancy at all.

Well, enjoy, the anime's garbage logic, has proven me right, again.

And I remember that I told you stamina and ki control are 2 seperate things. And by now neither are really an issue like back then with the "ultimate" SSJ form of trunks or the SSJ3 consuming more energy then goku could gather vs Boo.

The problem I have with this episode in particular is how he just used SSG (Red) without the ritual randomly. I could take the "he gained the ability after the ritual" explanation, but why would he only use it now. In the entire tournament he fought against weaker opponents, lowering he strength like he always does to match his enemy and to reserve stamina and ki, but why would he use SSJ Blue randomly all the time and not SSG Red. If its the same red as vs Beerus then it should literally onehit every opponent he faced so far.

Like many things in Super it feels like they randomly say or add garbage. I just cant imagine Zeno chan would not be able to see the fight because its too fast, but somebody at the studio must have thought its a good idea to add this. Its not like Robert Downey Jr sneaking snacks into the set of Avengers like random, its planned and had someone approve it, write it and record the audio for it "random". That is why I dont really trust anything said by characters in super, maybe except for Whis.
Comander-07Aug 20, 2017 1:29 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 20, 2017 2:49 PM

Oct 2011
probably the worst tournament ep so far everything seemed out of place

akward stalling between fighting
goku flip flopping between god-blue and still can't eliminate opponent
Hit and dyspo change of power lvls out of nowhere

"When the time is yours,
the future is waiting,
The person you become,
and the people you're creating.
"
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

51 by TheColonel76 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

96 by TheColonel76 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

102 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2016

352 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

57 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 10:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.