Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (201) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 27, 2017 8:07 AM

Jan 2014
Well, if they're bothering to localize Koha Ace just so people could understand references/experience it in English before reading the event in FGO, there's literally no reason not to localize CCC. Besides having to put in more effort to localize CCC as opposed to manga, but who knows.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They'll probably localize CCC Fox Tail at least, I guess. Maybe. It already has a fanTL which I'm sure they're aware of.
Aug 27, 2017 8:19 AM

Jul 2009
RNG is sure a bitch...
out of desesperation, i did 3 10rolls
1st : 1 raikou (i only get one during her rate up)
2nd : 1 raikou and 1 helena (ok, raikou lvl90 np5... good good...)
3rd : 1 raikou (fuck, i can't allow myself to burn her).... 1 malter (FUCK U RNG, had to wait till today)
bruh
Aug 27, 2017 10:59 AM

Sep 2014
@AirConditioner

Well sort of. But there's no need to make it better and not many who actively want a new translation.

If it's 'Here, have all the localisations you wanted with the added bonus of the OG FSN' then sure.
But if it's 'Here, have OG FSN while we leave you hanging on things you're more interested in even though you've already completely experienced FSN due to multiple fan translations and patching' then hell no.

I mean, if people are using something that's broken and are fine with it, there's no real point in fixing it.
The sun is a deadly laser
Aug 27, 2017 11:13 AM

Jan 2014
mira-pyon said:
@AirConditioner

Well sort of. But there's no need to make it better and not many who actively want a new translation.

If it's 'Here, have all the localisations you wanted with the added bonus of the OG FSN' then sure.
But if it's 'Here, have OG FSN while we leave you hanging on things you're more interested in even though you've already completely experienced FSN due to multiple fan translations and patching' then hell no.

I mean, if people are using something that's broken and are fine with it, there's no real point in fixing it.

I agree that CCC localization is priority as it doesn't even have a TL, but why would you want to use something broken? I realize that the understanding of FSN the current TL has brought is fine as-is since we love FSN even with it, but wouldn't exactly that be the reason for you to want a good translation to come out. It would only serve to increase the opinion/love people have for FSN.

Personally, I want it. I loved FSN as-is, and if you're telling me there's something that can make it even better (which would be a proper TL) then I'm all for it. And I think most people would be too, if they were aware that the current TL doesn't do FSN justice.

What I'm thinking of is more along the lines ''Here have OG FSN with a good translation which will open the gateway for further localizations such as of CCC and Tsukihime remake to follow it, seeing as there is worth in expanding out to the West''
Aug 27, 2017 11:50 AM

Sep 2014
AirConditioner said:

I agree that CCC localization is priority as it doesn't even have a TL, but why would you want to use something broken?

If it works when broken, and you're happy with it even when broken, then why fix it? And it's not like a huge break - it's relatively small and makes no real difference to the overall experience.

I realize that the understanding of FSN the current TL has brought is fine as-is since we love FSN even with it, but wouldn't exactly that be the reason for you to want a good translation to come out. It would only serve to increase the opinion/love people have for FSN.

Tbh, I can't see it that way. I don't understand why getting a good translation would make me love FSN more. I've already analysed it a crap-ton with you guys and guys on other forums - a better translation feels moot when we've already syphoned a lot of the meaning from the translation we've been given.

This is exactly why I think it's like beating a dead horse, or, even better, needlessly milking a cow. Sure, we were given this pristine cow with bad equipment to milk it with at the start, but we've milked all we need to milk. What do we need the new and shiny equipment for now? Milking with the new equipment sure won't change the fact that we've already milked what we want.

I'd understand if the bad translations have caused huge misunderstandings which still live on today, but if it hasn't and we still understand the VN properly now, then switching out some words here and there shouldn't make a difference.

The language-bound thing that would make me appreciate the VN more is if I could read the Japanese. There's only so far you can go to emulate another language's writing style in English. However, having the actual Jap text will give me a new perspective on the VN and Nasu's writing style.

Personally, I want it. I loved FSN as-is, and if you're telling me there's something that can make it even better (which would be a proper TL) then I'm all for it. And I think most people would be too, if they were aware that the current TL doesn't do FSN justice.

Well yeah, I guess that's it - we don't really know in what ways the current TL hasn't done the VN justice and even if we did, do we really need it? Sure it'd be nice for normies who have no plan to stay in the franchise long enough to analyse and understand the VN more, but do the old lovers of the VN, apart from you ofc, really care anymore if they've already been here long enough to clear up misunderstandings and misinformation?

And I don't think we can judge the rest of the fanbase by what we want. Sure, there may be people who will change their mind and want a localisation once they see how much better the English text could be, but there will also be those who just won't mind. It's not really a thing you can predict 'the most' of. And, really, the best way you can get some result is through some kind of poll.

Actually, a poll would be a pretty good tactic for the localisers to employ if they really want to see what we(most of us) want the most.

What I'm thinking of is more along the lines ''Here have OG FSN with a good translation which will open the gateway for further localizations such as of CCC and Tsukihime remake to follow it, seeing as there is worth in expanding out to the West''

But you don't need OG FSN to have a gateway for more localisations. Technically speaking, FGO works as a perfectly fine alternative - perhaps even better, as it has little snippets of all the other parts of the Fate franchise. Imo, it'd be more likely for FGO to spawn more localisations, like how it's forcing a TM Ace localisation and hopefully a CCC localisation, than FSN VN would.
mira-pyonAug 27, 2017 11:55 AM
Aug 27, 2017 12:28 PM

Jan 2014
mira-pyon said:
If it works when broken, and you're happy with it even when broken, then why fix it? And it's not like a huge break - it's relatively small and makes no real difference to the overall experience.

But it's exactly because I love it that I'd want to fix it and give it the justice it deserves though. I doubt I'd give a shit about translation quality if it was something I didn't care about. As for the translation quality of the VN, the TL'ers from BL and twitter who are into the community often claim that the English readers have ''no idea'' how good Nasu's writing actually is, because not only does the translation ruin his prose entirely (it's infinitely better read in the original) but it also mistakenly conveys or fails to convey some character points as well.

Shit like ''People die when they are killed xd'' and ''You might be correct, but you're not right'' memes all are birthed as a result of bad translations - even if they DO make sense in actual context. But that's one of the more irrelevant parts of FSN's TL.

Tbh, I can't see it that way. I don't understand why getting a good translation would make me love FSN more. I've already analysed it a crap-ton with you guys and guys on other forums - a better translation feels moot when we've already syphoned a lot of the meaning from the translation we've been given.

But similarly, there's likely a lot of meaning we missed or didn't understand as well because of the TL being not so good. Likewise, something we had a problem with in the english version of FSN might make infinitely more sense in the japanese version due to the wording/meaning of it being changed (as a bad TL can do a lot to do damage the meaning of a sentence).

That's exactly why you shouldn't be satisfied with a bad TL. Especially when it comes to genuine official localization. It really just gives companies the message that they can be lenient and hire cheap and bad TLers. While bad fanTLs - which ARE well-meaning - can erase the chance of someone more competent picking up the project instead (since nobody would really work their ass off for free to TL something that people have read already)

This is exactly why I think it's like beating a dead horse, or, even better, needlessly milking a cow. Sure, we were given this pristine cow with bad equipment to milk it with at the start, but we've milked all we need to milk. What do we need the new and shiny equipment for now? Milking with the new equipment sure won't change the fact that we've already milked what we want.

The bad equipment might have soiled the milk! Or there's milk we failed to get out exactly because of our defective equipment is what I'm trying to say. Remember the SoL scenes that people like to complain about as ''boring''? Bad TL can have quite a big effect on that, especially when in Mahoyo which has an excellent TL, the SoL scenes are usually pointed as one of it's shining points for how fun they are.

But anyway, SoL scenes are minor complaint. The more I'm concerned about is that a bad TL can really convey some characters point in a wrong way. Especially in the case of someone like Sakura Matou who's kind of a controversial character opinion-wise (though I'm on the side that considers her a well written character, I still do think a better TL would likely help her case more).

I'd understand if the bad translations have caused huge misunderstandings which still live on today, but if it hasn't and we still understand the VN properly now, then switching out some words here and there shouldn't make a difference.

Well dunno about the character points themselves being misunderstood (though TLers claim they're better in jap FSN), but I do know that the eng FSN TL has caused massive misunderstandings for lore-oriented side of things. One example I can think of the top of my head is the description for Medea's NP. The English TL claims it's a Magecraft-killing NP - as in it's capable of neutralizing any Magecraft it touches - while in truth it's only really limited to contracts/connections rather than magecraft in general.

Also there's no Divine Mystery, Od, bla bla that Eng tl had, but I'm pretty sure that's been cleared up at least.

The language-bound thing that would make me appreciate the VN more is if I could read the Japanese. There's only so far you can go to emulate another language's writing style in English. However, having the actual Jap text will give me a new perspective on the VN and Nasu's writing style.

Well yeah, the original is always the original, but I don't think underestimating good TLers is a good idea. Even if they cannot make it flow the same way Japanese (due to Japanese and English languages being VASTLY different), they can create an excellent enough TL that the differences between to language versions will be sooooo minor that it really doesn't matter.

Well yeah, I guess that's it - we don't really know in what ways the current TL hasn't done the VN justice and even if we did, do we really need it? Sure it'd be nice for normies who have no plan to stay in the franchise long enough to analyse and understand the VN more, but do the old lovers of the VN, apart from you ofc, really care anymore if they've already been here long enough to clear up misunderstandings and misinformation?

And I don't think we can judge the rest of the fanbase by what we want. Sure, there may be people who will change their mind and want a localisation once they see how much better the English text could be, but there will also be those who just won't mind. It's not really a thing you can predict 'the most' of. And, really, the best way you can get some result is through some kind of poll.

Well, I can't speak for most people, but I have seen a lot of people over on VN subreddit and BL desire a better TL for FSN. ¯_(ツ)_/¯ But really what I'm trying to get at is that with the English fanbase, it's not so much that ''People are satisfied with the FSN TL'' as it is ''People don't know the FSN TL could have been much better than it is''. I doubt most people know about the TL quality of FSN. Only reason I do is because I actually follow a lot of professional TLers on twitter and read around on the VN subreddit a lot so I've found out that the TL is ass according to both them and BL.

Besides having a better TL is always good because new people can enjoy it more.

But you don't need OG FSN to have a gateway for more localisations. Technically speaking, FGO works as a perfectly fine alternative - perhaps even better, as it has little snippets of all the other parts of the Fate franchise. Imo, it'd be more likely for FGO to spawn more localisations, like how it's forcing a TM Ace localisation and hopefully a CCC localisation, than FSN VN would.

The problem with TM localization has always been that they're not willing to localize anything by themselves. Notice how every localized TM work has been something that's tied to at least one more company aside from them. Fate/Extella and Fate/Extra were both tied to Marvelous, and localized on their decision which TM simply agreed to. The same goes for FGO which was done on DW's decision.

TM has never actually bothered to localize anything by itself even though it can. Hence why we haven't gotten Mahoyo at the very least, or even some LNs like KnK or Fate/Zero or Apo or whatever. When I say FSN as a gateway, I meant it in the way that it would be the first work to be localized by TM itself specifically which could then serve as a gateway for stuff like Mahoyo and Tsuki remake which are other works solely under TM's domain that could be localized.
Aug 27, 2017 12:38 PM

Jul 2009
/fleeing the club for a while

i hate long debate, pls put spoiler, or it gives me headache

im already fleeing discussion with Fai inside so dont make this club another warground
bruh
Aug 27, 2017 12:43 PM

Jan 2014
We ain't really shitflinging or trying to get at each other's throats tho, which would be the case with Fai 99% of the time

Just discussin' like normal people.
Aug 27, 2017 1:44 PM

Aug 2010
From Hiroyama's new F/GO one shot:

@AirConditioner > Not really sure what you're referring to by ''to prove a point''. Give me some context pls.

The point was: There's still demand for this almost-dead franchise. Please don't kill it, bring it to the west and maybe adapt it to anime.

As i said, this wasn't a point for or against F/SN VN official localization, just me pointing out that the reasons why MLA's KS's success may not be the best thing to give more hope for F/SN, because ML and Fate just aren't in the same position.
Aug 27, 2017 1:49 PM

Oct 2008
OG FSN's fan translation wasn't perfect, but neither was Extra's localization. And seeing how FGO fared, it's questionable whether future localizations will live up to the high expectations of old experienced Fate fans.

Anyways, if they do localization FSN, I personally wouldn't care much but it would be good for the casual Fate fans, and would further increase the popularity of the Fate franchise in the west which could potentially lead to more localizations. Though if they only focus on Fate, they might not localize other Type Moon stuff like Tsukihime, Kara no Kyoukai, Notes, etc because they don't know if people care about those and wouldn't want to risk wasting money. Kinda like what Nasu is doing considering he's taking so long with the Tsukihime remake. Probably because he wants to keep on milking Fate since it's so absurdly popular.

Fate was a mistake.
ShinsoPriestAug 27, 2017 1:54 PM
Aug 27, 2017 1:56 PM

Jul 2009
astroprogs said:
From Hiroyama's new F/GO one shot:

@AirConditioner > Not really sure what you're referring to by ''to prove a point''. Give me some context pls.

The point was: There's still demand for this almost-dead franchise. Please don't kill it, bring it to the west and maybe adapt it to anime.

As i said, this wasn't a point for or against F/SN VN official localization, just me pointing out that the reasons why MLA's KS's success may not be the best thing to give more hope for F/SN, because ML and Fate just aren't in the same position.
a Fou garou?!?
Summer medea looks great
bruh
Aug 27, 2017 1:59 PM

Sep 2014

I find it hard to wrap my head around how much greater a better TL would be for us and how bad the current TL is. If I were a new viewer coming in, then of course I'd like the best from the beginning, but, regardless of what spoilt milk I've taken, at this point, I've discussed enough with others and I've been berated enough by others, including translators, to make me feel that my interpretation is close to what the author wanted to express.

I think you're being too hopeful in thinking a better TL would fix so many things, however hypothetical your suggestions are. >3>

And man, you're making the fan translation sound like the devil's work. Is it that bad? I feel like questioning everything I thought I knew. Goddammit, you've made me feel insecure.

...Well at least we all have the same bad translations. :D

Well yeah, the original is always the original, but I don't think underestimating good TLers is a good idea. Even if they cannot make it flow the same way Japanese (due to Japanese and English languages being VASTLY different), they can create an excellent enough TL that the differences between to language versions will be sooooo minor that it really doesn't matter.

I dunno man. Japanese can have many double/triple/quadruple meanings and expressing them in English without changing the text vastly from the original can be pretty impossible. Even more so if the writing is as good as Nasu is famed to be.

Not like us non-moonruners would be able to tell the difference anyway though...

Well, I can't speak for most people, but I have seen a lot of people over on VN subreddit and BL desire a better TL for FSN. ¯_(ツ)_/¯ But really what I'm trying to get at is that with the English fanbase, it's not so much that ''People are satisfied with the FSN TL'' as it is ''People don't know the FSN TL could have been much better than it is''. I doubt most people know about the TL quality of FSN. Only reason I do is because I actually follow a lot of professional TLers on twitter and read around on the VN subreddit a lot so I've found out that the TL is ass according to both them and BL.

Besides having a better TL is always good because new people can enjoy it more.

Well I now think it's both(with a bit extra):
"People are satisfied with the FSN TL because they feel their knowledge is sufficient don't know how much better their understanding could be".

You make a very persuasive argument. If the TL is really that bad, then I definitely would like to know how much better it could be, but I'd still prefer it on top of other localisations, rather than as the main focus.

I definitely agree on the new people part, too.

The problem with TM localization has always been that they're not willing to localize anything by themselves. Notice how every localized TM work has been something that's tied to at least one more company aside from them. Fate/Extella and Fate/Extra were both tied to Marvelous, and localized on their decision which TM simply agreed to. The same goes for FGO which was done on DW's decision.

TM has never actually bothered to localize anything by itself even though it can. Hence why we haven't gotten Mahoyo at the very least, or even some LNs like KnK or Fate/Zero or Apo or whatever. When I say FSN as a gateway, I meant it in the way that it would be the first work to be localized by TM itself specifically which could then serve as a gateway for stuff like Mahoyo and Tsuki remake which are other works solely under TM's domain that could be localized.

Ah, I see. That makes sense a lot of sense.

Well, I dunno. If TM were to finally get off their ass and start localising, I feel that Tsukihime Remake would be the first to go - like a double release in JP and US. In my head, the FSN VN feels more like something gathering dust at the back while other shiny new stuff are coming out. I can't help but feel that, beyond the anime adaptations, TM has mostly forgotten about the OG VN.

Though this might just be the skewed view of a really young person, whose 2004 feels like 3000 BC. <.<

Still, I wonder why TM are so adamant against localising stuff for themselves. They've seen that the west like their stuffs. >.>

Actually, the west aside, has the OG VN been localised in other eastern countries, like China, Korea or Taiwan? They'd probably be a bigger source of revenue than the west, so if they've gotten something we might have a chance too...

---

In regards to Kei, I can definitely see where he is coming from. For me, even if the ones discussing aren't biting their heads off, it can be pretty difficult to stay in a thread when two people are text-walling each other about something you don't care about.

-----

@astroprogs

FOU! WHAT DID THE LOADING SCREEN DO TO YOU??? :OOO

And that Medea reminds me of the tennis-outfit one from CP. :D
mira-pyonAug 27, 2017 2:08 PM
Aug 27, 2017 2:48 PM

Jan 2014

Holy shit. Someone tell Hiroyama to shill that Summer Medea to DW so they add her in the next summer event. Literally my favorite FSN girl (and second favorite female char in Fate), but she never gets any focus. Sad.

Ah, I see. Well as I've said before, I actually think that Fate having consistent content right now wakes up more content-hunger among the fanbase as they want more and more of Fate/ the more content they get. For an example, we're having Apo anime airing right now and Extra will follow it, GO is constantly releasing new Fate content so we're pretty set in Nasuverse content right now, but would you and likely everyone else here jizz your pants at the idea of new Fate/ anime - be it adaption of Prototype, Strange Fake, FHA or further GO singularities - or would you be excited over a new Fate/ spin off announcement? Most definitely. I know I would.

Might be somewhat of a bad analogy since that'd be entirely new content whereas FSN localization wouldn't, but it works on the same principle is what I'm trying to say. The more content we get, the more content-hungry we become. Of course it'd be a good idea to bring in more content when the interest in Fate/ content is at it's highest (which is now).

I feel that with Fate's popularity right now, FSN KS would be a massive success.

ShinsoPriest said:
OG FSN's fan translation wasn't perfect, but neither was Extra's localization. And seeing how FGO fared, it's questionable whether future localizations will live up to the high expectations of old experienced Fate fans.

Anyways, if they do localization FSN, I personally wouldn't care much but it would be good for the casual Fate fans, and would further increase the popularity of the Fate franchise in the west which could potentially lead to more localizations. Though if they only focus on Fate, they might not localize other Type Moon stuff like Tsukihime, Kara no Kyoukai, Notes, etc because they don't know if people care about those and wouldn't want to risk wasting money. Kinda like what Nasu is doing considering he's taking so long with the Tsukihime remake. Probably because he wants to keep on milking Fate since it's so absurdly popular.

Fate was a mistake.

Bolded: I don't think that's the case at all. Tsukihime remake was first announced in 2008 which is roughly 9 years go, but at the time Nasu and TM were already working on two major projects - which are Fate/Extra CCC and Mahoyo - both of which got released in 2012~2013 so it's fair to assume that they didn't really start seriously focusing on Tsuki remake until at least 4 or 5 years ago as they were pre-occupied with the latter two.

Now you have to consider that a Visual Novel taking 10+ years to create, while unusual, isn't as crazy of a notion as you might think. Sakura no Uta took 11 years to create after it's initial announcement for an example. Even if we assume that Nasu heavily focused on writing Tsuki remake ever since 2008 (which I doubt as mentioned above), it's not out of the question that he'd take this long to complete it. Besides, authors tend to feel really personal about their old works so as far as we know, he might really just be scrapping and re-writting stuff he's written until he gets something he's 100% satisfied with (since Tsuki WAS his first ever VN).

mira-pyon said:

I find it hard to wrap my head around how much greater a better TL would be for us and how bad the current TL is. If I were a new viewer coming in, then of course I'd like the best from the beginning, but, regardless of what spoilt milk I've taken, at this point, I've discussed enough with others and I've been berated enough by others, including translators, to make me feel that my interpretation is close to what the author wanted to express.

I think you're being too hopeful in thinking a better TL would fix so many things, however hypothetical your suggestions are. >3>

And man, you're making the fan translation sound like the devil's work. Is it that bad? I feel like questioning everything I thought I knew. Goddammit, you've made me feel insecure.

...Well at least we all have the same bad translations. :D

Well, I can't read Japanese myself so I can't exactly tell you how bad the TL is. The best I can do is parrot the things TLers have said - which might be a bit biased since they're fans if you wanna look at it from that angle, but when seemingly every TLer and their mum considers FSN TL horrible I can imagine there's more to it than just TLers being fan biased. You could ask BL members directly perhaps on BL if you really wanna know more. I'm sure they'd answer.

All I know is that apparently Nasu loves to use stylistic furigana to give sentences multiple meanings and nuances that the English TL absolutely fails to bring over. The things I know a proper TL would fix DEFINITELY is Nasu's prose which would flow much better when translated properly, all the lore-oriented segments and probably some character points (as I remember there being a discussion on Sakura's character being not properly conveyed at some points).

I dunno man. Japanese can have many double/triple/quadruple meanings and expressing them in English without changing the text vastly from the original can be pretty impossible. Even more so if the writing is as good as Nasu is famed to be.

Well if shit like Water Margin can be translated properly into English, I guarantee you so can Nasu's stuff lol. Dies irae - which is another chuuni VN that uses a lot double meanings and what the fuck not - got a really excellent TL that brought it pretty close to the original too. It'll never be the original, but I'm confident that a good TLer can do FSN justice.

Well I now think it's both(with a bit extra):
"People are satisfied with the FSN TL because they feel their knowledge is sufficient don't know how much better their understanding could be".

Fair enough.

You make a very persuasive argument. If the TL is really that bad, then I definitely would like to know how much better it could be, but I'd still prefer it on top of other localisations, rather than as the main focus.

I definitely agree on the new people part, too.

I agree with this pretty much 100%. As I've said, my number one priority here is CCC and definitely Tsuki remake when it comes out. Everything else more or less has a translation right now. Some of them in not-so-good quality, but still has them.

Well, I dunno. If TM were to finally get off their ass and start localising, I feel that Tsukihime Remake would be the first to go - like a double release in JP and US. In my head, the FSN VN feels more like something gathering dust at the back while other shiny new stuff are coming out. I can't help but feel that, beyond the anime adaptations, TM has mostly forgotten about the OG VN.

Though this might just be the skewed view of a really young person, whose 2004 feels like 3000 BC. <.<

Agreed. I find Tsukihime remake to be localized infinitely more likely than a localization of FSN. Not only would FSN require some remastering as they can't very well just rerelease such an incredibly old VN into a new market like that, I doubt Nasu himself wants to rerelease FSN as-is. He's shown interest in wanting to remake Fate route as we've talked about before, and an English localization would pretty much be his only opportunity to do so. But as he's too lazy to just remake one route now (probably) and already has a bunch of shit on his plate, it won't happen any time soon IF ever.

On the other hand, Tsuki remake would be a brand new VN and with FGO, the interest for Nasuverse stuff is at it's peak right now so they could localize it probably, despite not being exactly a Fate/ title.

Still, I wonder why TM are so adamant against localising stuff for themselves. They've seen that the west like their stuffs. >.>

Actually, the west aside, has the OG VN been localised in other eastern countries, like China, Korea or Taiwan? They'd probably be a bigger source of revenue than the west, so if they've gotten something we might have a chance too...

Unfortunately, no. TM either doesn't give a shit to do anything by itself or it's just too lazy to do anything by itself as it has a bunch of money already. In fact they might or might not give more of a shit about the West than they do eastern countries since Extra only got localized in the West, I think, but Extella got localized in both West and other Eastern countries like China, Korea, etc. Though they got it a week before us apparently.

--

I probably am putting more importance onto TL quality than most people because I've been following professional TLers on twitter and eating up what they say for so long that I've gotten a bit paranoid about the TL quality of anything I consume. When I'm faced by multiple subs of a single anime, the first thing I do is look through the comments of every one of them to find out which is the best translation since I wanna miss as little of the meaning/content as possible.
AirConditionerAug 27, 2017 2:52 PM
Aug 28, 2017 12:46 AM

Apr 2013
kei78 said:
RNG is sure a bitch...
out of desesperation, i did 3 10rolls
1st : 1 raikou (i only get one during her rate up)
2nd : 1 raikou and 1 helena (ok, raikou lvl90 np5... good good...)
3rd : 1 raikou (fuck, i can't allow myself to burn her).... 1 malter (FUCK U RNG, had to wait till today)

I know that feeling.
Here's a very accurate rendition of me rolling for Mama during Summer gacha 2.

GenkiiAug 28, 2017 12:50 AM
Aug 28, 2017 12:57 AM

Sep 2014
AirConditioner said:

Well, I can't read Japanese myself so I can't exactly tell you how bad the TL is. ............ It'll never be the original, but I'm confident that a good TLer can do FSN justice.

That sounds all fine and dandy, but, beyond even bothering to localise, I wonder if TM would care enough to get the great translators you speak of. :/

Unfortunately, no. TM either doesn't give a shit to do anything by itself or it's just too lazy to do anything by itself as it has a bunch of money already. In fact they might or might not give more of a shit about the West than they do eastern countries since Extra only got localized in the West, I think, but Extella got localized in both West and other Eastern countries like China, Korea, etc. Though they got it a week before us apparently.

Man, this sucks. >3>

--

I probably am putting more importance onto TL quality than most people because I've been following professional TLers on twitter and eating up what they say for so long that I've gotten a bit paranoid about the TL quality of anything I consume. When I'm faced by multiple subs of a single anime, the first thing I do is look through the comments of every one of them to find out which is the best translation since I wanna miss as little of the meaning/content as possible.

Dude, rip.

Maybe you should, like, learn Japanese, or something
Aug 28, 2017 1:48 AM

Feb 2015
Do any of you have the part I and part II drop mats for this current festival?
Aug 28, 2017 2:11 AM

Aug 2009
laidellent said:

http://fate-go.cirnopedia.org/quest_event_20170809.php#drop
Part 1.

You can navigate through the site to see part2.
Aug 28, 2017 2:15 AM

Feb 2015
ssjokg said:
laidellent said:

http://fate-go.cirnopedia.org/quest_event_20170809.php#drop
Part 1.

You can navigate through the site to see part2.

Aug 28, 2017 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
So, who's the 10 mil download gacha gonna be? Any bet? Would be nice if its Jalter.

Aug 28, 2017 7:53 AM

Sep 2014
Nah, they're not going to repeat.

I'm guessing Merlin as so far they've done [limited] popular characters or stronk ones or both.

My other guesses would be Musashi/Semi or Achilles/Charlemagne but they're all going to get their respective gachas in due time.

That said, 10mil is quite a milestone so we might get a multitude of new 5*s and a guaranteed gacha.

Who knows. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
mira-pyonAug 28, 2017 8:08 AM
Aug 28, 2017 9:10 AM

Jan 2014
Reposting so this shit doesn't get buried.

9月中予定
ルーラーの剣豪 黒髪のイケメン 声東地広樹 イラスト黒乃奈々絵
佐々木小次郎 セイバー 髭伸ばしたジジイ 刀を持ってない 声三木眞一郎 イラストまた
宮本武蔵 セイバー 声佐倉綾音 イラストこやま
PVのカットで顔芸してる武蔵 和装姿の(多分)モーさん
かつてないくらい硬派なシナリオになるらしい
2017年は本当に白紙の状態から始まっていて1.5部ももともと別の形で公開する予定だった番外編をゲーム用に再構成したものだとか
社長は2部をやるかどうかはわりと迷った様子で2017年以降を長い長いエピローグにするかどうか悩んで
せっかくだしここまで広がったから全部やりきろうと2部に舵を取った
塩川的には挑戦するよりも拡張したり深くしていく感じでいつプレイしても安心して出来る「いつものやつ」でありたいとか言ってる
それとは別に遊びやすくするためのシステム更新はたくさんしていくとか

EoR 3 in September, title is something like 英霊 剣聖煉獄七刀 プルガトリオ 英霊剣豪七番勝負
A black handsome Swordsman Ruler, CV Hiroki Tōchi, iilust. Kurono Nanae
Saber Sasaki Kojiro, a longbeard grandpa, CV Miki Shinichiro with unknown illust
of course there's Miyamoto
there will be Mordred in Kimono in the PV

Remember, these are leaks. Might be 100% bullshit, but last few Chink leaks (Summer event, Holmes, CCC event, etc) have been 100% spot on so it could be true too.
Aug 28, 2017 12:34 PM

Jul 2009
rumors say Saber wars rerun next month
maybe i can finally get my np5 mhx and hope for another buff xD
bruh
Aug 28, 2017 1:30 PM

Sep 2014
I want Saber Wars III with Galactica Seiba. T_T

Takeuchi, pls!
Aug 28, 2017 1:32 PM

Jun 2015
kei78 said:

The other rumors also indicate we'll get 2 free SRs, 20 quartz, and 5 tickets for the 10M download anniversary. I'm a bit skeptical that they'd just give us 2 free SRs like that, unless it's from the tutorial pool, so I'd take those rumors with a grain of salt

Aug 28, 2017 1:38 PM

Jan 2014
KingOfSherous said:
kei78 said:

The other rumors also indicate we'll get 2 free SRs, 20 quartz, and 5 tickets for the 10M download anniversary. I'm a bit skeptical that they'd just give us 2 free SRs like that, unless it's from the tutorial pool, so I'd take those rumors with a grain of salt

-snip-

Edit: Nvm. 10MIl campaign isn't the same guy. Only the EoR3 leak is. Which means EoR3 leak has a high chance of being true, and 10MIL is probably bullshit
AirConditionerAug 28, 2017 1:45 PM
Aug 28, 2017 11:49 PM
Jan 2015
Even if the 2 free SR thing is true, I won't really care to much unless it includes welfares, Assassin Shiki in particular.
My Queens

Aug 29, 2017 1:56 AM

Aug 2010
Well, it doesn't make sense to make the free welfares even more rare than Angra Mainyuu, so yeah.
Aug 29, 2017 10:05 AM

Feb 2015
Which skill of rider ishtar should I focus more on leveling up?

1st one or 2nd one?
Aug 29, 2017 10:12 AM

Aug 2010
laidellent said:

1st one or 2nd one?

First, third then second IMO.
Aug 29, 2017 10:14 AM

Feb 2015
astroprogs said:
laidellent said:

1st one or 2nd one?

What does the third skill even do?
Aug 29, 2017 10:18 AM

Aug 2010
laidellent said:
astroprogs said:

Gain Invincibility for 1 hit. Gain ALL the following buffs for 1 turn:

Critical damage up (50%).
Critical star generation up (50%).
NP generation up (50%).
Debuff resistance up (50%).
Healing received up (50%).

Stun self after 1 turn (demerit).

All with a 6-turns CD @ max.
Aug 29, 2017 10:23 AM

Feb 2015
astroprogs said:
laidellent said:

NP generation up (50%).

So it is only viable when you are firing off her NP,otherwise it makes you a sitting duck waiting to be attacked?
Aug 29, 2017 10:29 AM

Aug 2010
laidellent said:
astroprogs said:

NP generation up (50%).

So it is only viable when you are firing off her NP,otherwise it makes you a sitting duck waiting to be attacked?

Read the effect again. It doesn't buff the NP. It's pretty much an NP gen buff. A well timed pop can get a bit more than a 200% increase in NP gen for one turn, which is pretty ridiculous on a Brave chain.

Yeah, she won't get to do anything the turn after, but it's an acceptable demerit for this broken skill IMO.
Aug 29, 2017 11:05 AM

Sep 2014
Jesus fucking fuck. 10 apples and still no Part 1 CE drop. What even is this event.

At least those were recently given apples, so I haven't really gotten attached to them yet. 2 more and if it doesn't drop, it doesn't. Luckily, the LB version is barely better than non-LB so not getting it shouldn't be that great of a loss. And it forced me to clear the shop, which I never normally do, so I guess that's a good thing...?

astroprogs said:

Read the effect again. It doesn't buff the NP. It's pretty much an NP gen buff. A well timed pop can get a bit more than a 200% increase in NP gen for one turn, which is pretty ridiculous on a Brave chain.

Yeah, she won't get to do anything the turn after, but it's an acceptable demerit for this broken skill IMO.

I don't think we can count this as 'broken' though. Sure its effects are amazing, but it requires a lot of timing and some RNG luck. For example, if it's used on a 3rd turn and the next turn has a bunch of Ishtar cards, you're pretty much fucked for that turn - all the stars generated for other team members are also pretty much moot. Moreover, the debuff resist and heal will probably be useless most of the time.

Again, it's a great skill, but not 'broken.'
mira-pyonAug 29, 2017 11:10 AM
Aug 29, 2017 11:34 AM

Aug 2010
mira-pyon said:
astroprogs said:

I don't think we can count this as 'broken' though. Sure its effects are amazing, but it requires a lot of timing and some RNG luck. For example, if it's used on a 3rd turn and the next turn has a bunch of Ishtar cards, you're pretty much fucked for that turn - all the stars generated for other team members are also pretty much moot. Moreover, the debuff resist and heal will probably be useless most of the time.

Ok, I could've phrased this better. I meant that it would be broken without that demerit.

About the skill and RNG, Ishtar isn't really the best Servant to use to get stars, even with the 50% buff. I really see the skill purely for its NP gen capabilities with the other buffs as great, albeit situational, bonuses.
Essentially I see it as a 200% NP gen up skill with a demerit, so all I need to see to activate it is enough cards for a Brave chain and I'll be having that AoE NP ready again in 1 turn. Add in the other welfare Riders to the mix, and you get an awesome and completely free Rider party that works surprisingly well together thanks to Ishtar's balanced kit and Buster/Quick party buffs.
astroprogsAug 29, 2017 11:38 AM
Aug 29, 2017 12:13 PM
Jul 2016

I'm kinda tempted to roll for him. At the same time, I wanna save so I can get Waver, Jack and Okita...
Aug 29, 2017 1:10 PM

Sep 2014
astroprogs said:
mira-pyon said:

Ok, I could've phrased this better. I meant that it would be broken without that demerit.

About the skill and RNG, Ishtar isn't really the best Servant to use to get stars, even with the 50% buff. I really see the skill purely for its NP gen capabilities with the other buffs as great, albeit situational, bonuses.

Well I said the stars bit as an additional thing, lol. Though, from my use of her, even a BQA Brace chain with the 3rd skill buffs got a nice amount of stars. I'd say the NP gen is far more situational than the crit damage and star gen.

Essentially I see it as a 200% NP gen up skill with a demerit

Hmm? It's only 50% np gen up. If you're talking about the NP she actually gains, the maximum against a class she's strong against would be ~145% gain(including crits, class triangle, the best NP-gain setup for her card set, e.t.c). And, as we all know, that's only if the RNG gods smile upon you. It's definitely a crap ton, but it requires too much luck to simplify it like you've done.

, so all I need to see to activate it is enough cards for a Brave chain and I'll be having that AoE NP ready again in 1 turn.

But that's not it at all. You may get super lucky and get QAA cards or get relatively unlucky with BQQ cards. It's not as easy as just getting a Brave Chain. You'd also need at least 30% NP already if you want a definite chance of being able to fire off an NP two turns later. Not to mention that you need crits, so it's not a tactic which can be employed near the beginning of the battle. And if you're using her with other Riders, she won't be able to hog all the crits, so even less chance of NP gain.

Lastly, mostly seeing it as an NP gen skill makes it even less broken as the 'fill NP bar to 100% every use' isn't guaranteed at all.

Add in the other welfare Riders to the mix, and you get an awesome and completely free Rider party that works surprisingly well together thanks to Ishtar's balanced kit and Buster/Quick party buffs.

Well yeah, but I wasn't against this notion in the first place. >3>

Hm, though I can't really say I'd put SAlter with Kin-chan and Ishtar(in any battle that isn't hand or QP farming). Assuming I'm cheap, a Rider like Medusa(who's technically free) would be a much better option for team synergy. It'd kinda put a third of Ishtar's 1st skill to waste, but, imo, it'd be better in the long run.
mira-pyonAug 29, 2017 2:08 PM
Aug 29, 2017 3:42 PM

Sep 2014

YAS

KIN-CHAN

YOU BETTER COME TO ME THIS TIME, GOLDEN BOY.

I'LL EVEN PREPARE A SUMMONING CIRCLE.

And, wow, didn't think we'd hit 1mil so quickly. It feels weird thinking there're a definite 1mil other English-speakers who play this shitty Chinese game.
Aug 29, 2017 3:49 PM
Jan 2015
mira-pyon said:

YAS

KIN-CHAN

And, wow, didn't think we'd hit 1mil so quickly. It feels weird thinking there're a definite 1mil other English-speakers who play this shitty Chinese game.
I bet a good portion of those are reroll accounts though.
My Queens

Aug 29, 2017 3:54 PM

Sep 2014
-Mahesvara said:
mira-pyon said:

YAS

KIN-CHAN

Re-roll accounts are just data clear, though, rather than re-installing the whole thing.

I'm sure this means actually installing it from an App store.
Aug 29, 2017 4:00 PM
Jan 2015
mira-pyon said:
-Mahesvara said:

Re-roll accounts are just data clear, though, rather than re-installing the whole thing.

Apparently that's not the case for apple/iphone users from what I've heard on the subreddit.

With that being said its still impressive we've reached this DL number this fast.
-MahesvaraAug 29, 2017 4:05 PM
My Queens

Aug 29, 2017 4:05 PM

Sep 2014
-Mahesvara said:
mira-pyon said:

Apparently that's not the case for apple/iphone users from what I've heard on the subreddit.

I guess that could be it. I feel like there's a failsafe for things like that tho(like only counting individual addresses or something), so I'll still go with the 1kk other users thing.
Aug 29, 2017 4:41 PM

Apr 2013
mira-pyon said:
Jesus fucking fuck. 10 apples and still no Part 1 CE drop. What even is this event.

Aha that's really cute Mira-tan. I had to hammer a node over 100 times to finally get the CE and that was less than 12 hours ago too. Plus side is I got Helena (Caster) and Frankenstein's (Zerker) bond CE and finally maxed out all the Master Outfits in the process.
Aug 29, 2017 5:25 PM

Aug 2010
@mira-pyon Ok, so here's an embarrassing story: There was this guy who was tired from work, had his "Reading Comprehension" skill drop by a couple of ranks and then told other people to "read again" what he himself couldn't read.

For some reason my brain registered a star weight increases effect in there, so a crit guarantee insuring a 100% increase in NP gen + the 50% increases in NP gen on crit resulting in another 100% NP gen.

And while this becomes true in case of criting, not only is it situational, its worst use case is in the very case I provided when she's in an all-Rider party where everyone's star weight is stacked and really competing for stars.

TL;DR You're right, I'm an idiot. Sorry for wasting your brain cells orz

About Medusa being in the Rider team, Santa Alter would be a bit harder to fit, true, but her damage more than makes up for it and she'll be able to cover a bit for her team's squishiness by that 3,500 HP healing skill (that becomes 5,250 for Ishtar thanks to the healing boost on her third skill). Medusa wouldn't really contribute much aside from helping get more Quick chains, and she herself can't generate stars well enough with her gen value and low hit count anyway, all with a lower return on damage compared to Santa Alter. At least that's how I see it.
astroprogsAug 29, 2017 5:29 PM
Aug 29, 2017 7:28 PM

Nov 2011
Salter rate up, this is where I go all in. I can't play this game without Excalibur Morgan.

Aug 30, 2017 1:31 AM

Sep 2014
WOOT.
Me: *Wakes up*
*Plays first node of the day*
INSTANT CE DROP!

Finally.

Genkii said:
mira-pyon said:

Aha that's really cute Mira-tan. I had to hammer a node over 100 times to finally get the CE and that was less than 12 hours ago too. Plus side is I got Helena (Caster) and Frankenstein's (Zerker) bond CE and finally maxed out all the Master Outfits in the process.

Uuuuuu

Well 30+ is a lot for a non-whale F2P!

astroprogs said:
@mira-pyon Ok, so here's an embarrassing story: There was this guy who was tired from work, had his "Reading Comprehension" skill drop by a couple of ranks and then told other people to "read again" what he himself couldn't read.

Dw; we've all been there. :^P

TL;DR You're right, I'm an idiot. Sorry for wasting your brain cells orz

And you really did waste my brain cells! I had to search for the game's NP gain calculations and apply the to Ishtar, then do test runs(which required very specific timings mind you) to verify them. >.<

Well not that it matters, lol. At least I won. :^)

About Medusa being in the Rider team, Santa Alter would be a bit harder to fit, true, but her damage more than makes up for it and she'll be able to cover a bit for her team's squishiness by that 3,500 HP healing skill (that becomes 5,250 for Ishtar thanks to the healing boost on her third skill). Medusa wouldn't really contribute much aside from helping get more Quick chains, and she herself can't generate stars well enough with her gen value and low hit count anyway, all with a lower return on damage compared to Santa Alter. At least that's how I see it.

Yeah, definitely that. I just pulled Medusa out of nowhere because she's the first 3* Rider that always comes to mind. But I meant it'd be easier to just use a 3* Quick-based Rider.

And I tried the Kin-chan/SAlter/Ishtar team before this and it pretty much worked exactly as you've said. Especially the squishiness bit. Tho the major issue I had was that, while Kinchan and Ishtar were pretty balanced on star absorb, SAlter kept on keeping all the crits to herself. Ofc, it's very useful when trying to use an NPBB chain or a NPgain chain, but when trying to use a Quick Chain between the three, or something else which focuses on the other two...

Anyway, it's a nice team setup. I wouldn't be surprised if Ishtar was purposely made to complement them this way.
mira-pyonAug 30, 2017 1:41 AM
Aug 30, 2017 2:12 AM

Jan 2014
http://news.fate-go.jp/2017/class2017_02/
http://news.fate-go.jp/2017/free/

So I guess EoR3 will be released on the 13~15th, if we go by Chink leaks that say EoR3 is in September (which leaves room for EoR4 to be in December, since they wanna finish EoR this year).

They did 1/2 AP campaigns prior to both Shinjuku and Agartha too.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (201) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [Non-Type-Moon] All-around Discussions v2 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShinsoPriest - Aug 10, 2021

8792 by astroprogs »»
52 minutes ago

» Seasonal Anime Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kaiser-chan - Apr 18, 2018

7280 by Kaiser-chan »»
Apr 22, 12:48 PM

Sticky: » [Fate/Grand Order] All-around Discussions v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

mira-pyon - Aug 6, 2021

1304 by Mei-o_Scarlett »»
Apr 15, 11:47 PM

Sticky: » Fate/Type-Moon - Anime & Manga Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kaiser-chan - Dec 31, 2016

8108 by -Sherou- »»
Mar 26, 7:30 AM

» [Fate/Gaming] All-around Discussions [Non-Tagged Spoilers Are Bad Civilization] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

astroprogs - Dec 10, 2015

614 by belatkuro »»
Mar 22, 7:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.