Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2010 8:05 PM

Aug 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah yes. The Choice arc starts to take a pretty different turn than what we were expecting at this point.
Mar 5, 2010 9:36 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah and Byakuran have a infinity power and learn it throught experiences in different world, I wish I had such an ability.
If Irie didn't time travell Byakuran would never realize his power and awakening his power.
So you can said it likely Irie fault, but yeah everyone can get exicted to know about yourself 10 years in the future, so would be hard to keep away from it.
BlackbirdMar 5, 2010 10:17 PM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Mar 6, 2010 12:08 AM

Sep 2008
I'm trying to find a flaw in this time travel, or at least abnormality, and all I can come up with is that the time that only matters seems to be Irie's current time. What constitutes what Byakuran knows, or how fast/how early he knows about the other worlds. It seems that he already knows the end outcome of those worlds that Irie talks about , and the current one he is in is not taken over because this Irie exists in it. it seems to not work like reincarnation for Byakuran, but he absorbs knowledge. The way Reborn explains the parallel worlds seems to make it out that ALL worlds already exist so Byakuran knows an inifinite about of ends, so this ties to the fact that what us viewers are watching a time that is stalled for some reason.

What I can only think is that the Bazooka works the same way as Byakuran's power, so Irie was able to predict his coming and erase his own memories. If he is able to do that, then it does not rewrite history at all, like they imply with the parallel worlds thing, but how was THAT Irie able to see it? Did he travel to a world that he had previously traveled to? I guess this is debunked by the implication that there is one future and Irie changes the future ny however little it is every time he used those bullets. Byakuran seems to have already taken over those worlds that Irie went to a few times, so he must have conquered them in less than 10 years, but why is it taking so long in this time, where intelligence is the greatest weapon?

Anyways, did Irie x Byakuran not occur when Lambo used the 10 year bazooka twice during the Vongola Ring fights? This disruption of time seems to suggest so since Byakuran seems to already have taken over all the other worlds. This is debunked that the 20 year future Lambo comes from the world where they are are currently in because apparently something needed to be changed in the 10 year back world since Byakuran rules that one also. It can also be debunked if 20 year old Lambo is an ass/cool guy and didn't tell them because he knew that they would defeat him, which kinda seems obvious at some point since the creator wouldn't give us a BAD END. my thoughts are so inconsistent, so they don't add up; I screwed up somewhere.

Darn I wanted to know who Irie had a crush on for the lulz. Yeah, I know we wouldn't know who it was probably, but still.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2010 12:35 AM

Jun 2009
garfield15 said:
Ah yes. The Choice arc starts to take a pretty different turn than what we were expecting at this point.

Yes. I thought it started because Byakuran 'killed' the TYL Tsuna. I didn't know it was intentionally planned from the start :o

Irie is so smart.
Mar 6, 2010 1:24 AM

Jun 2009
I think Tsuna and the others will fight harder, knowing that they are living in the only world not yet destroyed by Byakuran.

Choice was good, but Gokudera realy failed and wasn't of any use. Also Tsuna could've just fired X-Burner earlier, it's his strongest attack so why does it take him so long to come up with the idea of using it?! Plus, it was very obvious that Daisy is not defeated that easily, being a Real Funeral Wrath himself.

And @ HawthorneKitty: Who do you expect to read that??
Wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Mar 6, 2010 3:17 AM

May 2008
This was awsome! I've never thought that this was so perfectly planned. And next time we finally get to see Yuni, I can't wait!!
Mar 6, 2010 3:53 AM

Jul 2008
damn shoichi smart and byakuya is a dictator cant wait for next ep

5/5
Mar 6, 2010 4:23 AM

Apr 2008
woah .. very deep o-o!!
Such perfectly planned ?!

Mar 6, 2010 4:51 AM

Oct 2009
Wow, such a complicated intrigue... Amano Akira planned this from the 13 chapter O.o
Now the real battle will begin ^^

Mar 6, 2010 4:54 AM

May 2008
WOOO UNI!!!!!!!! HECATE LOL

meh the parallel worlds thing is kinda well ok next episode is gonna be great

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Mar 6, 2010 7:27 AM

Sep 2007
LoL.....didn't expect em to pull out a "parallel worlds" talk.

.....Although I also think there is something wrong with the explanation.....They're all talking about "current world" and "future world" but they forget to explain there's also multiple "past worlds" as well....and surely, those couldn't have been taken over by Byakuran yet....nor have they awakened to their "power" could they have? o,O

And something seems a little off in the explanation of Byakuran's power.....I can't seem to put my finger on it though........

Well....YAY for Yuni in the next ep! .....Everytime she appeared in previous eps she looked like she was mind-controlled...what's with her looking "back to normal" in the preview? Can't wait to see what happens! 8D
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Mar 6, 2010 11:04 AM

Apr 2008
Pretty interesting. I'm surprised.
Mar 6, 2010 11:28 AM

Oct 2007
Fairly the best episode so far since this arc started. But a little similar to Noein series about the parallel world.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Mar 6, 2010 11:38 AM

Dec 2007
DEEP episode about parasol worlds.
Mar 6, 2010 12:53 PM
Jul 2009
This whole recent season of hitman with time travel, It just strengthens my belief that the creator of this show was a sliders and back to the future fan :p.
Mar 6, 2010 1:07 PM

May 2007
Parallel worlds ?
I was expecting half year of fillar after they lost.

But this was really a nice turn of events.

Mar 6, 2010 10:40 PM

Jul 2009
One of the best episodes considering the fact that it tells about Byakuran's power and Irie was the very reason of it. More of this in the next episode.

Now I can't wait for the appearance of Uni and more characters to come~
This is a signature.
Mar 7, 2010 5:20 AM

Jan 2010
the parallel worlds are pretty cool~
Mar 7, 2010 8:47 AM

Oct 2007
Parasol worlds!!

This has become really interesting :D and Byakuran's power is so immense, its ridiculous.
Mar 7, 2010 4:11 PM

Jan 2010
OMG... I didn't expect that :O :

1. Shouichi is smarter than I thought!! WTF?!
2. Byakuran is too awesome XDD Over 9000! XD
3. Parasol!
4. Uni! Can't wait :D
Mar 8, 2010 3:24 AM

Mar 2008
Did. Not. Expect. That.

Irie screwed up the world! And Byakuran, can you show me how to get your power! I want awesomenessness TOO!!!!

Now I have to wait for the 13th of March for the next episode! :(
Mar 8, 2010 7:02 AM

Nov 2009
I expected anything, but not this. Byakuran's power is too amazing, kinda scary.
I'm glad to know finally how Future-Irie could text his past self! xD
Mar 9, 2010 11:39 AM

Dec 2009
IRIE SHOICHI HAS A CRUSH ON...
Mar 9, 2010 6:45 PM

Aug 2008
And this show was mainly about the Mafia?

Things sure get interesting around here...hope they keep the ball rolling.
Mar 12, 2010 10:39 AM

Oct 2008
one of the best if not the best episode in the whole series up til now
Jul 4, 2010 7:34 AM

Jul 2009
I've always disliked the branch theory of time travel, I much prefer the idea that time is like a stream and whatever happens downstream affects what happens upstream not all this parallel worlds stuff. Also this whole time traveling thing reminds me a bit too much of the Cell saga in Dragonball Z. Irie has a similar role to the role Trunks had in DBZ.
Aug 10, 2010 1:22 PM

Aug 2009
So we learn all about Parasol worlds, and how Shouichi is at the same time the most awesome person who will save the all the worlds and the most moronic person who awoke Byakuran's power in the first place.

I love him <3
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Feb 24, 2011 4:21 AM
Jun 2008
How could Irie possibly think that tsuna and the gang would understand this parallel stuff without any explanation...
Apr 19, 2011 7:20 AM

Apr 2009
reaght said:
How could Irie possibly think that tsuna and the gang would understand this parallel stuff without any explanation...

He's too goddamn intelligent for himself that he automatically assumed kids from the past thrown 10 years in the future would naturally understand on their own, smart isn't he? XD Sarcasm aside, I didn't expect to be thrown in the parallel worlds too, but then again since they already do time traveling I'm not surprised the alternate universes came calling as well.

Parasol worlds ftw!
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 8, 2011 5:29 PM

Mar 2011
Zell182 said:
I've always disliked the branch theory of time travel, I much prefer the idea that time is like a stream and whatever happens downstream affects what happens upstream not all this parallel worlds stuff.

I feel the same way...finding it a bit difficult to catch onto this theory of time travel...with all this that's going on in the future, how will they live in the past..? They'll be recreating an entirely new future, which would simply erase the entire existence of Byakuran and those that died b.c of the difference in future and present!

-Byakuran .. I think you just mind trolled me.. 'o'
Aug 13, 2011 8:57 PM

Jul 2010
mind fucked by this show yet again was not expecting Byakurans power to be so unique and powerful it's kind of scary though. The only thing that seems off is wouldn't Byakuran know Irie was betraying him from some other parallel world? Since Shochi is responsible for his power Byakuran would definitely know him in every parallel world but it could also be that this is the only world in which Irie tries to gain his trust?
parasol worlds
Jun 14, 2013 11:41 PM

Jul 2007
wow lol, so just like that, pretty much everthing in a nut shell. I have to say i am kind of dissapointed that this is the best that amino akira could come up with trying to resolve the cluster fuck of a story. Well at least things have a meaning ful reason now instead of leaving the viewer in the complete dark. But it kind of sounds like a very rushed and not planned out way of typing up all the loose ends. So Irie is basically the cause of everything.

Jun 14, 2013 11:43 PM

Jul 2007
BZWGolem said:
Wow, such a complicated intrigue... Amano Akira planned this from the 13 chapter O.o
Now the real battle will begin ^^

Not really, it sounded more like she had no idea what to make of the story so far, so came up this entire explanation behind time travel and pallalel worlds to make sence of it. After all this was like nor forshadowing what so ever through out the series, this just kind of hit you like, wow.

Jul 5, 2013 7:41 PM

Sep 2012
I didn't expect Irie is future traveler.

Byakuran conquer every future in parallel worlds, Irie is the only one know that so he planned to defeat Byakuran in the past.

Now I want to travel to future, so cool!!!

Here comes Ryohei again
1. What's a parasol world? you mean an umbrella. lol
2. I don't get it!! Extremely confused! what's so amazing about Byakuran??

next episode Uni Comes. Uni is the daughter of Aria, right?right?
Jun 3, 2015 7:28 AM

May 2012
Some decent backstory, but shouldn't they first help him before they listen to his story?
Aug 21, 2015 10:50 PM

Jul 2014
Soooooo...
in short...
Lambo f*cked up the world?
Wow Lambo, what a weapon of mass destruction you are.
Oct 19, 2015 6:06 AM

Apr 2015
I loved the story of how Byakuran discovered his powers. I also really liked the idea of parallel worlds.
Jul 8, 2016 11:33 PM

Feb 2015
What a problem. I have a question.

How does the bazooka choose the future to travel?
Sep 14, 2022 12:20 PM
Jul 2015
no shit sherlock if you read a lot of isekai chinese which they can go many world and know the plotline w some animal machine guidance

this is the power byakuran fcking have bich 🤣🥶💀 but diff he doesnt has any weakness

means irie curiousity bout 10 years future uke hitting head on seme byakuran unlocked his powah destroying and playing w the world

in other words hes evil mc isekai 🤣 or plotline novel user
Nov 18, 2022 9:52 AM

Jan 2013
Not sure how I feel about Irie somehow ending up in a different future because he decided to write down he'd become a musician or die trying on a paper.
But I do like the parallel world explanation, I've seen it done better in different series and movies but for a shounen anime like this it's pretty cool.

Interesting power Byakuran got though, seems a bit overpowered as it pretty much makes him a god.

Also the only world out of ALL infinite parallel worlds that isn't destroyed by Byakuran ? - Does he have a magical infinite parallel world item that lets him view an infinite amount of possibilities ?
Dec 6, 2022 8:27 AM
Oct 2020
Byakuran really is a cool villain. He has infinite knowledge, essentially. I didn’t expect something like this to happen, lol. Awesome

More topics from this board

» Reborn the Character

Kakuneon - Apr 14

0 by Kakuneon »»
Apr 14, 2:37 AM

Poll: » Katekyo Hitman Reborn! Episode 203 Discussion ( 1 2 )

byebyeblackbird - Dec 2, 2010

93 by Yuurippe22 »»
Apr 7, 9:02 AM

» 80 episodes in and im wondering if its worth to continue

smolseok - Jan 7

8 by Kenpachi_91 »»
Jan 8, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Katekyo Hitman Reborn! Episode 3 Discussion

Zinvy - Aug 10, 2009

26 by FanthyLord »»
Nov 5, 2023 10:45 AM

» For those of you who want a better experience starting hitman reborn.

ArtimesGamer - Apr 2, 2012

29 by removed-user »»
Oct 31, 2023 10:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.