Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 19, 2017 3:37 AM

Jan 2017
I always picture Tokyo as a colourful city with a lot traffic aswell with a lot of noise and parties and a lot of Neko girls/cosplayers walking on the streets with a lot of anime related stuff all around the place. But how is it really in Japan/Tokyo?
Aug 19, 2017 3:51 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
It's probably a bit less colorful and a bit less anime than you think, I'm moving there soon (weeaboo desu kara) so I'll be able to "share my experience" in few months.
Aug 19, 2017 4:00 AM

May 2015
Tokyo doesn't exist, its just propaganda by the fake news weebs.
Aug 19, 2017 4:16 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Philiphkt said:
I always picture Tokyo as a colourful city with a lot traffic aswell with a lot of noise and parties and a lot of Neko girls/cosplayers walking on the streets with a lot of anime related stuff all around the place. But how is it really in Japan/Tokyo?

I was in Tokyo for vacation a couple weeks ago!
It was pretty grey, partly because it was cloudy every day, and partly because there were so many buildings, most of them being greyish/faded colors.

It was pretty quiet as well, Tokyo and Japan in general has a very workaholic atmosphere, with a majority of the people you pass heading/coming back from work. Everyone is dressed up in button ups and collared shirts as those are dress code and it's a huge focus on being efficient and quick.

In Akiba, there were cosplayers... though they were either tourists or employees to a cosplay cafe.

Anime stuff is mainly located in Akiba and some/most malls, though you would find advertisements either of an anime movie/series or just a general advertisement that adopted an anime style character
Aug 19, 2017 4:55 AM

Oct 2016
If you want anime you can go to akihabara. There are lot of cool stuff.

notice the people who are happy for your happiness, and sad for your sadness. They're the ones who deserve special places in your heart.
Not all those who wander are lost
Aug 19, 2017 5:04 AM

Jun 2015
Japan outside of Tokyo is more exciting, Japan has this internal tourism kinda thing.

As for Tokyo, it is similar to most modern day metropolises, with the rushed atmosphere and whatnot. Cosplayers, leaflet handings and whatnot aren't really as common as anime makes you believe, or they are centralized in specific areas.
Aug 19, 2017 5:09 AM
Aug 19, 2017 6:16 AM

Oct 2015
Has someone already studied in Tokyo ? I might go there, so i wonder what college life looks like
Aug 19, 2017 6:56 AM

Apr 2014
its's like time square in manhattan if you've ever seen or been there
Aug 19, 2017 7:58 AM

Jan 2017
kawaii96desu said:
It's probably a bit less colorful and a bit less anime than you think, I'm moving there soon (weeaboo desu kara) so I'll be able to "share my experience" in few months.

Thats great! If you somehow manage to tell me someway :p
Aug 19, 2017 8:13 AM

Mar 2014
https://www.google.se/search?q=tokyo&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiGgaKDy-PVAhXDZpoKHQILD6UQ_AUICigB&biw=1440&bih=721
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Aug 19, 2017 9:16 AM

Mar 2008
exactly as shown in ghost in the shell, i guess.

More topics from this board

» what is "love" to you ? what makes you feel loved and how you love people ?

ame - 8 hours ago

8 by MadHobbit2 »»
2 minutes ago

» Is this forum dead? It seems like it.

DesuMaiden - Apr 17

35 by PostMahouShoujo »»
2 minutes ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - 3 hours ago

13 by SnipeStrike »»
3 minutes ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - 7 hours ago

12 by GinIonSui »»
21 minutes ago

» MAL Sakuga Club

aemnTheTroll - Apr 16

18 by aemnTheTroll »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.