Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Aug 20, 2017 9:31 AM

Sep 2014
Nice an explanation episode!
This anime really manages to put the focus on the MC and main story when necessary but also dont forget about the "rest" like normal shounen would have Deku easily winning the race, but he did not! Other characters also could get time to shine.

Only 5 episodes left and the story looks like it will be a really long run, I really hope we will see more seasons, I dont really want to read the manga.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 20, 2017 9:43 AM

Jan 2012
This episode left me teared up in the end... ;_;
Aug 20, 2017 9:51 AM
Nov 2015
I enjoyed this episode, I feel like we're getting closer to knowing more about One For All and Might All. Also, I can't wait for more info on the bad guys we saw at the end of this episode.
Aug 20, 2017 9:52 AM

Mar 2013
Great 2nd half. It was kind of emotional to see All Might like that.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the older brother have the same quirk that can absorb all types of quirks and pass it down? How is it different from the younger brother's quirk?

Also what All Might actually meant with his pose :v

Aug 20, 2017 9:58 AM

Apr 2011
Another good episode.

The first part is entertaining. I keep re-watching the part where everyone in the class was shocked to see Midoriya's improvement. Really love that!

One for All came from evil, huh? Quite a revelation.
The last part is emotional, btw.

The next one seems interesting and fun to watch. Can't wait teehee~
5 episodes left for this season

Aug 20, 2017 10:33 AM

Aug 2015
G_Spark233 said:

This face is magnificent!

That's the true face of justice,lol.
Aug 20, 2017 11:49 AM

May 2015
Pakumen- said:
G_Spark233 said:

This face is magnificent!

That's the true face of justice,lol.

that is horrible. :DD

Peeping scene was gold. Poor Earphone Jack :(
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 20, 2017 2:44 PM

Aug 2015
The "eat this" scene was absolutely hilarious. Anyway, this was a fun episode. I'm glad we finally go to see the main villain. I don't know how much more there is to the manga, but with only 5 episodes left there must be a third season, right?
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Aug 20, 2017 5:11 PM

Aug 2017
All for one is better than one for all....no shit sherlock hahahaha! It was nice to know the origin of one for all.
All might stated "It's ironic that justice always comes from evil." That hit me hard because it's true.

Anyways, Deku had really improved a lot from his internship and training. He has good control of his quirk and his wounds healed fast. He almost beated tapeman in that race but he done goofed up.

....SO HYPE FOR THE FINAL EXAMS. The students have it hard. A practical exam where they have to fight one teacher....holy shiiit! That ain't fair haha. The pros will whoop their asses.

Me throughout the episode:

Aug 20, 2017 5:22 PM

Dec 2013
Jokuc said:
The "eat this" scene was absolutely hilarious. Anyway, this was a fun episode. I'm glad we finally go to see the main villain. I don't know how much more there is to the manga, but with only 5 episodes left there must be a third season, right?

The manga is about 90 chapters ahead of the current anime.
Aug 20, 2017 8:25 PM
Dec 2014
What if Deku had a super powerful pyrokinesis quirk and the Doctor presented it to AFO and then made up some bullshit story about how Deku was quirkless because of some toe joint?
Aug 20, 2017 9:27 PM

Jul 2015
Story time with All Might, and a damn interesting one at that full of important information, and now. Summer Camp. I look forward to that, and the final exam.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Aug 20, 2017 10:40 PM

Sep 2016
I was fine watching this episode until Bakugo showed up. He never fails to annoy me. What tf is his problem being angry all the time? Get some life!
<GENERIC SIGNATURE>
Aug 21, 2017 3:04 AM

Apr 2011
I was laughing so hard when Midoriya did that all might face. It was gold.

Anyhow. Many of Midoriya's class were shock at his improvement, thought he slipped at the end there. Shocking revelations is quite heavy. He realize how great of a deal this is but he's not backing down.
Aug 21, 2017 3:50 AM

Aug 2013
Wow, I had completely forgotten that AFO even had that doctor with him. And it might be the same doctor from before? Very interesting...
Aug 21, 2017 7:04 AM

Aug 2015
G_Spark233 said:
Jokuc said:

That doesn't say much for me. I don't read much manga. How many episodes would you expect there to be for the anime to catch up to the manga?
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Aug 21, 2017 7:49 AM
Jul 2014
Jokuc said:
G_Spark233 said:

That doesn't say much for me. I don't read much manga. How many episodes would you expect there to be for the anime to catch up to the manga?

This week's episode adaptated chapters 58 and 59. The manga is currently in chapter 149, it would be necessary like 40 more episodes for it to catch up
Rukasu26Aug 21, 2017 7:58 AM
Aug 21, 2017 8:05 AM

Aug 2017
ShimuraTenko said:
Jokuc said:

This week's episode adaptated chapters 58 and 59. The manga is currently in chapter 149, it would be necessary like 40 more episodes for it to catch up

So we will have a season 3 and season 4? This is shounen so it could happen right? When will the manga be completed?

Aug 21, 2017 1:39 PM
Jun 2017
Well, I heard the theories about that doctor in the and of this episode, that he is the same doctor who checked young Midoriya. and I see a lot suspect that Midoriya had a quirk and the doctor and AFO stole it from him. but as much as I think about it, it's doesnt make a lot of sense.
First, how AFO was able to stole Midoriya quirk? for the few pitcher we have seen in this episode its look like AFO need to touch a person, at least for giving him power. and we dont know how exactly he stole power. I assumes that is by touching too, and not by getting DNA from the person like OFA. and if AFO would have teach Midoriya , i think Midoriya would have remember that.
One way or another i don't think Midoriya had a quirk. its sound a little bit lazy thing to do, and I expect more from the this author.
In my opinion, Midoriya really born quirkless, and that doctor of AFO his the same doctor who checked Midoriya.

So the point here is that the doctor knows thet Midoriya is quirkless!

shigaraki all ready hate Midoriya and want him dead. if he will send Image of Midoriya to AFO and the doctor will see it, then Midoriya's secret would be revel.
The doctor will figure this out very fast. after all it's very suspicious that quirkless boy has suddenly got amazing super strength (and also he a student of all might). And after that Midoriya will become the main target of League of Villains
Aug 21, 2017 3:26 PM

Nov 2015
They finally got into talking about the All for One, which got me really excited for the next 5 episodes. I'm really interested to see what they're going to do next.
Aug 21, 2017 6:32 PM
Sep 2014
ShimuraTenko said:
j0x said:
All For One is finally here and the history of One For All is finally revealed too, great episode

EDIT:

holy shit reddit have a theory about the doctor of All For One that was also the doctor of young Deku https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/6uo79k/spoilers_boku_no_hero_academia_2nd_season_episode/dlu5gcj/

And apparently they have the same voice actor, Inaba Minoru

HOLY FUCK
ShimuraTenko said:
j0x said:
All For One is finally here and the history of One For All is finally revealed too, great episode

EDIT:

holy shit reddit have a theory about the doctor of All For One that was also the doctor of young Deku https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/6uo79k/spoilers_boku_no_hero_academia_2nd_season_episode/dlu5gcj/

HOLY FUCK. What's the meaning behind this???

And OMG I didn't know Deku could make such a perfect imitation of All Might's face lololol that was so unexpected but spot-on
"Crying doesn't mean you're weak. Enduring doesn't mean you're strong." - Hai to Gensou no Grimgar <3
Aug 21, 2017 7:16 PM
May 2017
Very good episode. Essential for anime tracking. With proper explanations well fitted.

And Midoriya's with All Might relationship is very beautiful. Not counting as Mineta facial expressions. Really funny.

A slightly unnecessary comment: I'm in love with Momo Yaoyorozu.
Aug 21, 2017 11:22 PM

Jun 2013
damn All Might speech was sad
Aug 22, 2017 10:57 AM
Jun 2016
I laughed so hard about the reactions to Bakugou's hair.

I' m looking forward to the next arc because OTP moment.
Aug 22, 2017 12:28 PM

Sep 2011
NarukamiSlayer said:
ShimuraTenko said:

So we will have a season 3 and season 4? This is shounen so it could happen right? When will the manga be completed?
being a shounen means absolutely nothing for whether there will be more of this, if its advertising the manga well enough to keep increasing sales whilst not costing too much then there will definitely be more. We will see if there is an announcement at the end of the season or not but there is always a very legit possibility there will never be another adaption regardless of success. There probably will be a 3rd for this one though.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 22, 2017 6:37 PM

May 2014
Really great episode.
It's quite something to see the overarching plot finally moving forward and I'm glad to get some background on All for One and One for All.
I especially like the idea of these completely polar opposite Quirks originating from two brothers. Tho it's kind of like All for One shot himself in the foot since he created the foundation of an ability that would eventually destroy him. Bad move, dude.

Ofc All Might is not in a good way...that much has been obvious right from the start, although I don't think Deku knows the severity of it. What I wanna know is whether All Might's health problems/eventual demise are personal, something to do with One for All, or originate from when he first defeated All for One??

I'm so gutted there's no episode next week, but at the same time it means we'll have the series for a little longer :P
Can't believe there's only 5 eps left :/
I guess it'll just be the training camp stuff acting as a transition into the next arc, but fingers crossed we get a season 3 pretty soon. Winter 2018 would be ideal imo.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2017 8:53 PM

Oct 2008
Everything that All Might unravelled to Deku was truly mind-blowing it made me speechless!

5/5!

lol at Bakugo: "Deku will be last!"

Aug 22, 2017 11:35 PM

Mar 2014
Huh, I completely forgot OFA was thoroughly explained.
Aug 23, 2017 1:12 PM
Sep 2016
Learning the story behing One for all was great, and we got a glimpse of Deku's 5 percent form.
Aug 24, 2017 7:41 AM
Oct 2007
G_Spark233 said:
luccide said:
Shouldn't this be one of the Big 5? Big 3 would be Bleach, Naruto and One Piece. Fairy Tail was sort of counted in so that's Big 4.

There is no big 5. There will only ever be the big 3.

My impression among the otaku community was Fairy Tail was acknowledged (in the sense that it's shonen + long running episodes), thus expanding that to Big 4.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2017 7:44 AM

Dec 2013
luccide said:
G_Spark233 said:

There is no big 5. There will only ever be the big 3.

My impression among the otaku community was Fairy Tail was acknowledged (in the sense that it's shonen + long running episodes), thus expanding that to Big 4.

Fairy Tail is a big series but no one uses the term 'the big 4'
Aug 24, 2017 7:46 AM
Aug 2017
The episode was kinda sweet and bitter. Sweet to see the gang get back to normal, but at the end between deku and all might was bitter
Aug 24, 2017 7:48 AM
Oct 2007
G_Spark233 said:
luccide said:

I won't be so sure to use "no one". Lmao. Just do a quick Google search and you see plenty of big 4 discussions even though some considered Dragon Ball rather than Fairy Tail as the big 4.
Aug 24, 2017 2:57 PM

Dec 2013
luccide said:
G_Spark233 said:

I won't be so sure to use "no one". Lmao. Just do a quick Google search and you see plenty of big 4 discussions even though some considered Dragon Ball rather than Fairy Tail as the big 4.

The amount of people using the term is very small compared to people who say 'the big three' and the people who say big four are just wrong.
Aug 24, 2017 10:07 PM

Jul 2012
Wow, Mineta even said something about invisible girl and not Jiro LOL.

Looks like the League of Villains are up to something so big that even students will be dragged into it. I'm glad, 'cause even though their school lives are entertaining, when the story gets serious, it's so good!

And I wonder when Midoriya will find out about All Might. He admires him so much. It's gonna be devastating for him :(
Aug 25, 2017 5:09 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
What is your name?
Mido--
Eh?
DEKU!!!

The born of a heroe!!!!

The last sequence when appears the "villain" was cool!!!!
Aug 25, 2017 7:29 AM

Dec 2013
MoonStar9 said:
All right boys, its time for the theory. There are no manga spoilers here but this does contain some information from the author in the manga volumes of the chapters these episodes are adapted from so I'm gonna wrap it in a spoiler anyway.

@logic340
What do you think?
Aug 27, 2017 8:34 AM

Nov 2009
So All Might is slowly dying? Dammit, this story won't be half as interesting without him...
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Aug 27, 2017 9:44 AM
Nov 2014
isekai said:
ShimuraTenko said:

thanks that confirms it then wow, cannot wait for the connection reveal of this doctor to Deku and All For One

I'm betting the doctor stole Dekus real quirk and gave it to All for one,That has to be why the Author made the doctor evil.
Aug 27, 2017 12:35 PM

Jan 2009
Venamis said:
isekai said:

thanks that confirms it then wow, cannot wait for the connection reveal of this doctor to Deku and All For One

I'm betting the doctor stole Dekus real quirk and gave it to All for one,That has to be why the Author made the doctor evil.

ye thats seems to be the case, Deku might not be quirkless after all and his quirk might have been the super regeneration that All For One has gotten
Aug 28, 2017 9:36 AM

Jan 2017
Hell yes !!! now we're talking !!
awesome ep xD
"In this world, wherever there is light – there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exists, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars, and hatred is born to protect love."
-Madara Uchiha

Aug 31, 2017 3:37 AM

Jul 2010
To the people asking what's the difference between the transferring of Quirks of OfA and AfO,

OfA passes down the Power Stockpiling effect along with all of the power ever stockpiled since the younger brother's. OfA can never pass down any other Quirk other than the Power Stockpile, so the previous holders' personal Quirks aren't absorbed by OfA.

AfO can pass down anything AfO had ever stolen from other Quirk users. The people whom Quirks have been stolen will be unable to use their Quirks again permanently. It is still currently unknown if AfO itself can be passed down. It is also unclear if he still retains the Quirk even if he gave somebody said Quirk.

To the people asking why AfO can't heal himself, his Super Regeneration Quirk only heals wounds that he gets from the point where he obtained it, and since he got it waaaay after his wounds already healed and scarred, he will not be able to super regenerate his body back to 100% and will forever be stuck in that state.
Aug 31, 2017 2:26 PM

Sep 2014
Such a good episode!

One For All's origin story was so epic!

Also, All Might near the end of his and Deku's conversation... so heartbreaking.. I teared up
RufasAug 31, 2017 2:29 PM
Aug 31, 2017 3:44 PM

Aug 2016
Nothing remarkable, decent episode that gives data to understand the story more.

Good episode.
3/5

Nice face jaja.
Sep 1, 2017 1:47 AM

Jul 2013
Action-less episode. There're a couple of hilarious scenes though.
Sep 1, 2017 7:56 AM

Jun 2015
Good to know bout the backstory of one for all.
Sep 4, 2017 9:14 AM

Dec 2016
All Might... :'((((

Also I wanna see Mineta join the League of Villains and use his powers for evil! I think that would make a great spinoff XD
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Sep 9, 2017 12:41 AM

Mar 2009
MoonStar9 said:
All right boys, its time for the theory. There are no manga spoilers here but this does contain some information from the author in the manga volumes of the chapters these episodes are adapted from so I'm gonna wrap it in a spoiler anyway.

At first I was thinking to myself, "what's the point of this seemingly very minor character being the big bad's doctor?", but yeah, that would explain it. Cool theory. The doctor probably stole a lot of quirks from children while working as an "ordinary" doctor.
MormegilSep 9, 2017 12:46 AM
Sep 9, 2017 12:54 AM
Jul 2017
stealing it from children is perfect for not attracting attention i think
Sep 12, 2017 4:48 PM
Apr 2014
omg I just realized why the opening of the second half reminds me of Ranpo Kitan EVERY SINGLE TIME... It's by the same band as the opening of Ranpo Kitan >.> I really should have noticed sooner.

Somehow these episodes are over so fast D: Doesn't feel like 20 minutes at all.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2017

238 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 18, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

194 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 18, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2017

185 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 16, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2017

187 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 16, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2017

180 by PapaChub »»
Apr 15, 7:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.