Forum Settings
Forums

Bibury Animation Studios Leads 'Grisaia: Phantom Trigger' TV Anime Production

New
Aug 18, 2017 8:13 PM

Jul 2009
Bibury Animation Studios, a joint venture anime production studio established in May, has revealed that it will lead the production of Grisaia: Phantom Trigger, a television anime series based on the visual novel series of the same name.

The studio, which is named after a village in southwestern England, is led by anime director Motoki Tanaka, also known by the pen name Tensho. Bibury is also a model location for the anime Kiniro Mosaic, which Tanaka directed. In a released statement, the director indicates that the studio represents the culmination of his previous works. Tanaka is also at the helm of the Grisaia: Phantom Trigger anime.

Bibury Animation Studios is located in the Shimorenjaku area of Mitaka, a suburb of metropolitan Tokyo which is home to many anime production studios as well as the Ghibli Museum. The studio also produced an animated promotional video to showcase its talent.

Studio PV

Official site: http://bibury-st.com/

Source: Dengeki Online
mta_pnFeb 17, 2022 6:07 PM
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Aug 18, 2017 8:27 PM
Jul 2018
I'm gonna go and talk that I was more so interested at the details regarding on the studios' inspiration, because honestly looking at it, taking inspiration or at least referencial stuff from England is pretty nice, and I also like the definition of what it means to Tensho. At least from the information alone, at least the studio has an establishment on its own name.

Now getting detail into that, don't really know if he's going to be the actual director or not (or at least from what I'm getting he will be probably participating in it) which is mixed or more so lean towards negative... but for me I like his stuff and what he directed, as well as his directing style to it. Besides, I heard that Phantom Trigger isn't really exactly THAT long anyways, so depending how that goes it should be fine.
Aug 19, 2017 1:30 AM

Jun 2012
The image cover confused me there for a sec., Since it's also the guy who directed the trilogy of Grisaia there's not much to worry about.

So what's there in the official site? It required authentication to access.
Aug 19, 2017 2:41 AM

Aug 2016
Cool news. Gotta catch up one Grisaia VN series and the 8bit adaptations(ughh). The new studio is quite interesting.

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Aug 19, 2017 2:53 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
well just like the last series.. i expect very high quality fanservice
Aug 19, 2017 3:09 AM

Jan 2015
A new studio? I'm hyped
Aug 19, 2017 4:21 AM

Jul 2014
Xenocrisi said:
A new studio? I'm hyped

A studio led by Tanaka, quite possibly the least talented person in the whole industry.
Aug 19, 2017 5:54 AM

May 2016
This anime is a sequel of Grisaia no Rakuen, but why is the character different?
plzz I need a spoiler
Aug 19, 2017 6:26 AM

May 2015
Red_Tuesday said:
Xenocrisi said:
A new studio? I'm hyped

A studio led by Tanaka, quite possibly the least talented person in the whole industry.

Still more talented than you. :3

Aug 19, 2017 6:47 AM

Sep 2009
PV that studio staff made to promote themselves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3O_oD0eQY8
Aug 19, 2017 7:32 AM

Jul 2009
Nachtwandler_21 said:

Added to the original post, thanks.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Aug 19, 2017 7:36 AM

Apr 2016
So the edgyness of male MC is a sure thing.
Aug 19, 2017 8:32 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Literally who? Well at least they can't do much worse than 8bit (not that I see how you could fuck up Phantom Trigger given how short and straightforward that is)

Rizkiawan-kun said:
This anime is a sequel of Grisaia no Rakuen, but why is the character different?
plzz I need a spoiler
It's not part of the main story. It's more like a next generation spinoff starring different characters and taking place about 10 years after the events of Rakuen
Aug 19, 2017 8:38 AM

Apr 2017
>E N G R I S H

Now that's how you make a preview

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Aug 19, 2017 11:19 AM
Jul 2018
Red_Tuesday said:
Xenocrisi said:
A new studio? I'm hyped

I don't think he's that bad when it comes to his style generally speaking... but that's just me.

Nachtwandler_21 said:

HOT DAMN. This really looks nice in all honesty. At least promotional video wise. And its something that really makes me feel more interested... though again, inspirations etc from England or UK, as far as I'm getting here.

Edit: Wait a second, I might be wrong but isn't the animation style look like Masayuki Nonaka?
removed-userAug 19, 2017 11:27 AM
Aug 19, 2017 3:15 PM

Jul 2014
thank kamisama its not 8bit.
Aug 19, 2017 3:24 PM
Apr 2012
Regarding when you said "Motoki Tanakais is also at the helm of the Grisaia: Phantom Trigger anime."

I tried to add information to the Grisaia Phantom Trigger Page. However, "at the helm" makes me think of director or lead animator. I put director until we know more and I can't add Bibury because they aren't listed by MAL as a studio yet. Approve what you want, or wait for more concrete information. I'll leave it up to you.

Thanks for reading. Apologies if I wasted your time.
Aug 19, 2017 4:49 PM

Nov 2012
OppaiSugoi said:

How is it any better when the main source of the problem (the director) is the same?
Aug 19, 2017 4:58 PM
Jul 2018
SuperRed said:
OppaiSugoi said:

How is it any better when the main source of the problem (the director) is the same?

Actually the main source of the issue isn't the director either.

Mostly its production committee's fault when it came to the entire situation twice. But that's just how I see it.

And also, the hate for 8bit is actually really stupid imo. Even if they're not involved in here. And the hate goes beyond, and even to the point where it can be considered A-1 level hate. Not really considering the staff, and just paying attention at only a studio at face value.

It wouldn't make much sense since A-1 is mostly freelancers and Idk what to say what its 8bit focusing on, but the thing is its just lackluster for me with the hate like that.

I might get for their track record and especially with the two shows that people dislike mostly, but that really comes down to a different matter to me at least.
removed-userAug 19, 2017 5:08 PM
Aug 19, 2017 6:35 PM

Jul 2015
After Rewrite, Motoki Tanaka is a big NO for me. I will probably check after 6 eps if I see good comments.

AdrianRubinskyAug 19, 2017 6:40 PM
Aug 21, 2017 2:36 PM
Jul 2018
I watched Grisaia Series in a few weeks. Tbh, it's amazing.
Kajitsu is mediocre and unsatisfactory, but Meikyuu and Rakuen are very thrilling, attractive, and cool.
Especially Yuuji Kazami became one of my favorite character. He reminds me of Zwei from Phantom: RFTP.
I had been avoid Harem animes until now because I thought it is contrary my moral. But I understood that it was wrong guess.
This series have half Harem, half excellence. If you retired Kajitsu, then you should watch Meikyuu and Rakuen. You won't be regret.
I already hyped Phantom Trigger!
removed-userAug 21, 2017 2:46 PM
Aug 21, 2017 4:31 PM

May 2009
Grasaia sucked (the first one) because they only had one cour to do routes for each girl. I remember how popular it was, even dedicated hatebase already existed. Everything went to gutter when second episode of Mitcher's route shat itself. Sequels were fine. So yeah it wasn't 8bit fault.
Oct 10, 2018 6:22 AM

Nov 2007
First two eps. will be pre-screened at complete production event on January 26, 2019.
Official Title "Grisaia: Phantom Trigger The Animation"
https://moca-news.net/article/20181010/2018101019000a_/01/
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 10, 2018 11:32 AM

Mar 2016
This is the type of good bad anime I can get behind. I really enjoyed the first two seasons, despite the fact that if you were to ask me what I thought I'd say it's bad, but charmingly bad? Something along those lines.

I've read a lot of people saying that the anime didn't hold up to the VN and that's why they disliked the show, but I couldn't care less about that. Grisaia is the first and last VN that I'm ever going to read - I picked it up after finishing the anime because it had such glowing reviews, but honestly I had a much better time giggling at the cheese of the anime than I did slogging through the seemingly never ending mundane chatter that was in the VN. Like, I'm never going to be able to take the way these characters very seriously to begin with and all of the things that anime can bring to the table are much more appealing for me.

Anyway, I didn't mean to start hating on VNs, since I knew they wouldn't be for me before jumping into one... and it turned out I was correct, but I can see the appeal of them and was hoping that I would surprise myself and enjoy the experience, but eh. Still, definitely looking forward to some more Grisaia anime.
Oct 14, 2018 2:28 AM

Jan 2018
The atmosphere is surely promising. It's beautiful.

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

70 by dodoxdo97 »»
2 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 11 hours ago

3 by Maumuu »»
5 hours ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
8 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.