Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 22, 2017 3:07 AM
Oct 2016
I did not like it cause it really was rushed!
I will put 6/20 for this episode!
Aug 22, 2017 7:22 AM

Oct 2013
Welp she changed her mind fast. But she still talk about heaven and said to the "good" people to not take their revenge, that's not really a good job as hell girl
Aug 22, 2017 3:33 PM

Dec 2008
Damn! Even the afterlife is unfair as fuck! Michiru does not deserve to be fated as the new Hell Girl. The people in that town got just what they deserved for killing Michiru and her parents!!

So, what happens to Ai Enma now that there's a new Hell Girl?
Aug 23, 2017 6:00 AM

Jun 2015
Too rushed, and really turned out badly, this time the story real mess, Michiru becoming Hell Girl against every reason, and now there is 2 hell girl... Nonsense about going heaven etc.. Story the worst of all makes no sense.

I pretend this season never happened and a fan fiction. With about 1 good episode, 1-2 okay, the rest are pure trash
Aug 23, 2017 11:37 AM

Oct 2010
MikazukiRanbu said:
Well. If this is the end, I did not enjoy this season at all. The stories felt random with people in the stories being unrealistically cruel

No offense meant but you must be really sheltered if you think these were unrealistically cruel. Not upset common, but serious bullying, rape, assault, elderly abuse, ect.,all happen somewhere in the world on a daily basis. Very realistic, if anything.
Aug 23, 2017 11:43 AM

Oct 2010
dustyrice said:
The Voice Actress for Michiru, Watada Misaki, mentioned in her Youtube channel that Yoi no Togi will be the climax of the Hell Girl series.

God I hope that's not true. Was a seriously depressing finale if so. Ai deserves better. I don't know why they keep trying to give us new Hell Girls. Ai is a big reason people like this series. They really need to evaluate what people love about the original show and work off that again. I don't mind Michiru as a character and having two Hell Girls that do things differently honestly wouldn't be bad but they can't get rid of Ai and they can't just end it the way this episode did.
Aug 25, 2017 8:21 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The episode continues when end the 5,a nd was very nice and how the amnesic girl of the first episode is transformed in a new Jigoku Shoujo.... the character havent the strong and the atractive to Ai, but is interesting to create a "spin off"!!!! xD
Aug 25, 2017 11:31 PM

Aug 2015
Kougeru said:

God I hope that's not true. Was a seriously depressing finale if so. Ai deserves better. I don't know why they keep trying to give us new Hell Girls. Ai is a big reason people like this series. They really need to evaluate what people love about the original show and work off that again. I don't mind Michiru as a character and having two Hell Girls that do things differently honestly wouldn't be bad but they can't get rid of Ai and they can't just end it the way this episode did.

I think that by 'climax' refers to the important turning point of the series (that is by making Michiru as the Hell Girl successor, showing the existance of two Hell Girls, & the possibility of the Hell's Crew to be redeemed in Heaven). I really don't think that Jigoku Shoujo will end this way as it would be too abrupt, and cliff-hanging.

There are many questions left unanswered such if Ai ever get the chance to finally be free from the Hell Spider's contract, etc. I would be disappointed if they leave us with such, short + less appealing final season for us fans.
Though I am still thankful that they've created Michiru though XD

Honestly, I still want more Jigoku Shoujo. I hope that there is a sequel announcement in the end of the airing session.
Peridot is my favorite Crystal Gem.
Aug 26, 2017 2:13 AM
Sep 2015
HealthyPeach said:
I'm so confused. Also, who is Michiru... She came out of nowhere, we get a rushed backstory, she's adamantly against being Hell Girl, then basically it's like "lol nvm i'll be hell girl hehe". Sad to see this series come to such a rushed ending. Doesn't do the overall show justice.

I agree that it was rushed. Why did Michiru agree to become Hell Girl? She refused it in the beginning of the episode and then accepted that easily?
Aug 26, 2017 2:15 AM
Sep 2015
MikazukiRanbu said:
Well. If this is the end, I did not enjoy this season at all. The stories felt random with people in the stories being unrealistically cruel

Finally someone said it! This anime basically has little to no good people. It just serves the purpose of making watchers mad and angry at the characters.
I know this is horror, but it would have been more realistic if there wasn't so much cruelty and gore for no reason.
Sep 4, 2017 5:48 AM
Mar 2012
Nice Michiru's that loose overarching plot thru the episodic stories. At times confusing, each story is interesting & enough difference to each other, tho mostly on the overexaggerated & surreal vibe.
Seems more pyschological in its horror, since it's lacking gore (compared to the 90s i've been watching, or even the blood amount in silly shows like Smartphone).
Look forward to recaps of stories iv never seen, assuming it might cover mcs' backstories maybe.

Sep 12, 2017 1:58 PM

Jul 2009
Those 2 guys were really horrible! One of them even raped the sister of the guy the girl were dating...She went to jail coz she turned off her dad's equipment?
So, does it mean, we won't see Ai as hell girl anymore? I hope not...
Sep 15, 2017 8:06 PM

May 2010
I agree that the overall story arc was rushed, though IMO perhaps only 1 more episode was needed; it wasn't *that* rushed...

I kinda feel like you guys are missing the trees for the forest though. This is really meant to be an episodic anime and y'all keep whining about the overall direction. The overarching storyline really isn't the meat of the series, it's more just a glue to hold the episodes together and occasionally deliver a couple exceptional episodes for the season finale. The heart of the series is in each individual episode, nearly every one of which is crafted as a stand-alone story to enjoy on its own merits.
“Money can't buy dere”
Oct 2, 2017 12:27 PM

May 2012
IT'S NOT THE SAME!!! But damn pretty impressive episode I must say, especially that ending! Really looking forwards to see what will happen next!
Oct 4, 2017 12:13 PM

Jun 2015
I want Ai to stay as hell girl. I know what I'm saying is cruel but she's the only one for the role.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Oct 11, 2017 8:48 AM

May 2017
Unmarked 6/10
Futakomori 10/10
Mitsuganae 7/10
Yoi no togi 9/10

People are hating coz half of the show is recap when you can just see it as a 6 episodes series like I do
Oct 24, 2017 5:38 AM

May 2008
i enjoyed the previous three seasons this one was pretty terrible
Nov 28, 2017 4:24 AM

May 2015
Too bad that this series has only 6 new episodes. At least i really like these 6.

My final judge: 6/10.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 3, 2017 2:55 PM

Nov 2014
I can understand people hating on it being just 6 episodes but
wish they would reasonably continue this arc
perhaps it even gave the feeling that would remind of 3rd season
it still was great to watch
it is what, 12 years since the beginning?
and 8 since mitsuganae
it still was nice to get them Ippen Shinde Miru
Feb 19, 2018 6:45 PM
Feb 2018
Am I confused this story? Is Ai Enma no longer working on Hell Girl next season 5?
Feb 24, 2018 4:08 AM

Oct 2015
Michiru disappoints me...

The development that led Yuzuki to become a Hell Girl was far better planned out. Sucks that Yuzuki got discarded not long after becoming an interesting character.

About Kikuri. Is she just the Spider playing along? I mean it's the Spider that wants to assign a new Hell Girl, but Kikuri is against it. Could she be a 2nd personality to the Spider, or perhaps a vessel that is entirely independent?

Also, I remember Ai explaining that pulling the string will cause the contractor to "never go to heaven" was that a figure of speech? or is her ignorance of heaven's existence a plot hole?
Feb 25, 2018 12:22 PM

Feb 2015
Enma is the only Hell Girl for me, I feel like Michiru became hell girl too fast, was expecting 2 or more episode before something causes her to decide not this.

Anyway, I'm assuming the season's done judging by the post credit scene, if that ends up being true, I can't say I'm a huge fan of this season, it was too short... too damn short
Oct 1, 2018 7:53 AM

May 2016
Tetsuya's finally making an effort to make things work out for her so she wouldn't need to damn herself to hell like how he did to himself to avenge her sister for getting raped by one of the drunk delinquents that made ramen man a vegetable but she really didn't hesitate on taking the easy way out which was ironically self-damnation. If she took things legally and signed a waiver to allow the staff to end life support, she wouldn't have been arrested and she would've been married to him for the rest of their doomed but happy lives.

Michiru was very conflicted about the being the next Hell Girl thing but did the job exactly how Enma would've done it in her first job anyway. It might be because of the realization that there's no escape from it and the psychological effect of being forced to listen to the wind chime from your haunted past ring above her head whenever she tries to run away. I'm somewhat glad that she's actually making an effort to convince others to not make rash decisions later on but I felt pretty down about how she speaks of heaven like she'll go there when the destiny of hell girls is to be bound to this duty. Enma knows it too well, looking at how empty she's become. Kikuri got dumped too ;-;

The art's very iffy at times, reminding me of that one Gurren Lagann episode 4 that was outsourced and very eh looking but the stories about the contracts were as good as ever since I enjoyed myself anyway so this one's pretty good.

Oct 14, 2018 2:43 AM
Jul 2011
I actually broke away from this at episode 4 because other things came up and only just now decide to binge watch the rest of the episodes to complete it. To my surprise the series actually "ends" at episode 6 and my god what a terrible conclusion. I glanced a little at later episodes and they are indeed straight up old season episodes. Legit no shame.

The whole Michiru becoming the new Hell Girl development was severely lacking. Episode 5 she was pretty much refusing to do it then in Episode 6 she is wearing the whole Hell Girl attire and performing Enma Ai's lines. Felt like quite a few scenes was cut for that transition.

There is too many questions left unanswered and logic from previous seasons was broken. I'm legit pissed this is how Hell Girl series turned out. There was already some red flags with the shoddy art designs and animation but geez, just recycling old episodes for the rest duration?

If the 6 episodes was strong this wouldn't matter so much but this is easily the worst Hell Girl season. I was so happy too when I first saw a new Hell Girl was being made in my notifications a year ago, series should have stayed dead at season 3 with better memories of it. What a waste.
Gen2K_Oct 15, 2018 2:48 PM
Jan 4, 2019 12:31 PM

Jul 2014
I thought all the episodes this season were decent, so I think I liked it more overall than season 3.

Michiru becoming Hell Girl for seemingly no reason was rushed, but at least it was better than Yuzuki not even completing a single mission at the end of season 3. I also liked Michiru encouraging the kid not to commit suicide.

6/10
Jun 13, 2019 7:54 AM

Jun 2017
well, with bad budget, and staffs not even caring anymore, this is what you get, this is definitely the worst of all the Jigoku Shoujo series, if it is even part of it, which I don't believe it is. Anyway, i'll just say that this is just a spin off and not part of the main storyline, Jigoku Shoujo ended in Futakomori or Mitsuganae would be even much better.

But Michiru being Hell Girl has a different feel to it, she has a different way of doing some things in comparison with how Ai does things.

Anyway, still a 8/10 for me, just because I'm a fan of Ai.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Jun 17, 2019 3:06 PM

Sep 2012
Michiru saying ippe shindemiru sounded so wrong and bad 😂

mostly cause her voice
Jun 17, 2019 3:12 PM

Sep 2012
Niveen_Sleem said:
I want Ai to stay as hell girl. I know what I'm saying is cruel but she's the only one for the role.

well it ended with 2hell girls so ai also stays

Sep 21, 2019 7:06 AM
Jan 2014
This whole thread is "I'm so confused," but I feel. Episode 6 didn't make a lot of sense and I'm still looking for an explanation. Michiru was so adamant about not wanting to be Hell Girl, but then she ends up as Hell Girl? Because she sympathized with Yui? What? That doesn't make enough sense.

Also, I thought Ai was supposed to be Hell Girl forever? At the end of Mitsugane that's what the Lord of Hell said, bro. So now homeboy can just do whatever and pull Ai in and out at any time? But Ai is still there? So is she still Hell Girl? But only Wanyudo is with her?

Anyway I'm confused af. Good run for the show though. I thoroughly enjoyed Enma Ai and her companions.
^~^
Feb 2, 2021 2:25 PM

Mar 2019
Welllll, this was the end? Only 6 episodes for this with the remaining 6 being just episodes from the last 3 seasons.
Where do I even start?
First of all I want to get this out. I did not like this season in any way, shape or form.
Second of all: how do I put this --- WHERE DID THE PLOT FROM LITERALLY ALL 3 SEASONS GO? This did not make sense at all. I wonder if this actually is in the manga. As you know, at the end of Mitsuganae, Ai saved Yuzuki for a solid reason, she didn't do it just for the sake of doing it. And that's what I liked about Mitsuganae, hence I gaveit 7/10 (there were still problems with it though, but the ending raised the score to 7). Now, Yoi no Togi, this 4th season made no sense.
After saving Yuzuki and taking her punishment, the spider told Ai that she will always be Hell Girl until the resentment in this world will have disappeared. But uh, did this season forget that? I mean yes, 8-9 years have passed but you shouldn't forget THE BIGGEST THING that we got out of Mitsuganae. Michiru as a character also didn't make sense. Even if we overlook the fact that Ai should still be hell girl, Michiru went from "Get away from me, I'll never be hell girl" to "Oh yea sure, I never said did but I'm hell girl now". Why? There wasn't a single reason. Even this case wasn't related to Michiru at all because there wasn't a single kid in the equation.
What I'm getting out of this is that the 4th season is basically a compensation for the ones that hated Mitsuganae because "Yuzuki didn't become hell girl in the end" and I love the fact that it happened. Ai is hell girl and should be for the rest of this series.
Also, these cases were extremely weird. Everything was too brutal, even for that world and Tsugumi didn't make any sense in this season. If you've watched the last 3 seasons, you should know who she is and why she appears in the story. But she didn't help with anything in this case so it's weird.
And I still don't really like how Yamawaro went with Michiru but at least she won't be alone. I'll miss Kikuri a lot, same with Wanyuudou, Ren, Ai and Tsuyu (her original name). Also I don't understand what happened to Ai after and why is Wanyuudou the only one with her when clearly in the last season when Yuzuki became Hell Girl for only one case, everyone left with Wanyuudou leaving after when he realized that Yuzuki wasn't doing the right job as hell girl. They should all be together.
I still don't know what score to give this season. It will probably be around 5/10.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Apr 27, 2021 6:42 PM
Apr 2021
That's it folks! Ai has finally stopped being Jigoku Shoujo and Michiru finally became Jigoku Shoujo. This is the end. All things must come to an end. No more seasons.

I don't really know. Maybe we'll see new seasons about Michiru but it's more likely that won't happen.
Apr 27, 2021 6:50 PM
Apr 2021
yani_senpai said:
Sooo is Ai going to continue and now there's two Hell Girls?? wtf...She has to work as hell girl forever according to the end of mitsuganae, so now we just have two?

Animation was better than some of the episodes of this season got but wasn't anything too phenomenal.

The tarnished mound is literally the only episode I skip when I rewatch the past seasons so I'm not hyped about that getting rehashed in the least.

No. Ai will go to heaven. Ai's crew disbanded so that's it. It will only be Michiru and Yamawaro.
Apr 27, 2021 7:04 PM
Apr 2021
MikazukiRanbu said:
The stories felt random with people in the stories being unrealistically cruel.

Well here's the truth. Gangsters, gold diggers, sexual perverts, control freaks, thuggish physical bullies, cruel emotional verbal bullies, and murderous school bullies do exist.
Apr 27, 2021 7:07 PM
Apr 2021
PCS1881 said:

Seriously, where is the rehash when you change the most iconic character of the show with someone who is clearly different?

Not really. This is the end. No more Jigoku Shoujo.
Apr 27, 2021 7:17 PM
Apr 2021
MomoSinX said:

My guess is that there 2 hell girls now since Ai's eyes are still red which implies she didn't become human again.

Enma Ai's eyes has always been red from the time she was born. Watch her backstory. As a human, her red eyes were normal.

Anyways, there won't be two Hell girls cause Ai has done her job and Ai's crew disbanded. Ichimoku Ren confirmed it when he said that he will miss their days of working together.
May 9, 2021 3:49 AM

Nov 2015
Sargon_Torchrise said:
No. Ai will go to heaven. Ai's crew disbanded so that's it. It will only be Michiru and Yamawaro.

We're really out here trying to start discourse over comments that are like 4-6 years old? About a 'mediocre at best fourth season of an anime'? As much as I loved most of this series, I genuinely forgot about this season's existence until you replied to a 5 year old forum post. So you want discourse? Here's your discourse.

Sargon_Torchrise said:
MomoSinX said:

My guess is that there 2 hell girls now since Ai's eyes are still red which implies she didn't become human again.

Enma Ai's eyes has always been red from the time she was born. Watch her backstory. As a human, her red eyes were normal.

This is just easily debunked and untrue. You can literally check the wiki and see images of her human eyes being brown.

Sargon_Torchrise said:
Well here's the truth. Gangsters, gold diggers, sexual perverts, control freaks, thuggish physical bullies, cruel emotional verbal bullies, and murderous school bullies do exist.

No one said they didn't. There's a difference between being realistic and being overblown. Many seasons of Hell Girl are very good at potraying realistic cruelty without being overly unbelievable. As I said I don't remember this season that well at all because it's not worth remembering, but I do remember that not all potrayals of these situations felt in any way realistic or viable like you're pretending they do. They're not saying these things aren't real, they're saying they aren't potrayed realistically. A lot of Hell Girl is top tier anime, but this season was mediocre. That's okay.

Ultimately, no one seems to be quite clear about whether or not Ai has passed on or continues to work side by side with the new Hell Girl. It's debated on just about every forum I can find about the ending. Chill out, man.
Nov 12, 2022 8:49 PM
Dec 2017
this series is going to be back one of these days just wait.

Jan 11, 2023 9:40 PM

Oct 2014
this season wasn't as bad as I expected it to be
at least it doesn't have a single 1/10 episode unlike the previous ones...
Feb 25, 2023 10:15 AM

Nov 2010
I like Michiru's dimension. The Taisho era looks awesome!
I wonder why she had to kill her father in the end. She ended up going to prison for it as well. Since those couples are going to hell someday, they should make things count and spend their remaining time with each other. 7/10
Aug 14, 2023 2:33 PM

Sep 2017
And in the end, we never got to see Ai's grandmother
This season was just them milking the series to death
خ
Nov 20, 2023 5:12 PM
Mar 2016
Terrible end to a once interesting show. Rushed and pointless and only making things more bitter and halfhearted. The gall of the writers to claim that michiru or Ai had any sin to atone for. Yeah you torture and burn some kid and her family alive and then have the balls to say that anything some crazy spirit explosion of her rage did was wrong? Yeah no fuck off. Anyone that was interesting in this show was left half explored or completely ignored. Why even waste our time with this season, what a joke.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo: Yoi no Togi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2017

67 by patkarunungan »»
Nov 20, 2023 11:24 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo: Yoi no Togi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2017

68 by Fatephile »»
Aug 14, 2023 2:03 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo: Yoi no Togi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2017

124 by Fatephile »»
Aug 14, 2023 1:06 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo: Yoi no Togi Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2017

45 by Fatephile »»
Aug 14, 2023 12:19 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo: Yoi no Togi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2017

112 by Fatephile »»
Aug 14, 2023 11:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.