Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2017 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy fuck, this episode got freaky.

The part with the snake and cruficiation really gave me the chills. Trying to save someone from a snake bite is also not a pleasant sight to see. I gotta give Josef a lot of credit for his bravery for saving his friend.

Aug 18, 2017 9:54 AM

Aug 2013
This turned dark real quick.

Robert almost died and one of the priest was killed. (His head got cut off). Well, this turned into a murder case.

Aug 18, 2017 10:24 AM

Nov 2016
Not bad, Robert got safed, but the black priest didn't have luck.

Luckily the list of suspects is comprehensible.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 18, 2017 10:33 AM

Jun 2015
This was a freaky episode. Robert almost died, but Hiraga saved him by using Lauren's serum. One of the priest got murdered by having his head chopped off.
Aug 18, 2017 11:00 AM
May 2012
Looks like this case isn't as mysterious as the prevous ones, as the method of the body's preservation has been already leaked in my opinion. Even so, where did those extremely valuable books came from to end up in the middle of the jungle?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2017 1:23 PM

Dec 2013
Roberto going ham on those books. And it seems despite the snake bite and whatever drugs he seemed to be under, he's solved the case. Can't wait for the reveal next week.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 18, 2017 3:07 PM

Mar 2016
Honestly I really don't know what's going on right now! I'm so confused...but I'm interested to see how it all concludes!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Aug 18, 2017 5:08 PM

Jun 2014
Josef, you're not supposed to suck the snake's venom out of the wound......

Things are getting crazier and crazier, lets see what happens next episode.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 18, 2017 8:11 PM

Jun 2016
Sucking out the venom does more harm than good, but I guess Josef just really wanted a piece of Roberto before anything bad happened.

Speaking of Roberto, his laugh in the end was awesome. Sure he looks like a crazy person, but his lack of dying proves that the guy isn't a Saint and that someone is purposely trying to make these prophecies into a reality.
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Aug 18, 2017 9:20 PM

Sep 2015
So seems like Roberto realized something big...
That animation when they were walking under the arcade, the pillar's shadows affected the lighting. That was some fine animation detail.
Aug 19, 2017 1:29 AM

Jun 2015
Please do not attempt to suck the poison out of a snake bite!
1. The bacteria from your mouth may infect the wound.
2. It doesn't work.
Aug 19, 2017 2:31 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm so Roberto too has a dark past eh. This case like always is turning out to be anything but ordinary it seems. A panic attack that was induced by those visions eh. Hmm the shin shin festival sounds like quite a barbaric festival. The guy with glasses is by far the most mysterious one here. Thats an impressive library that the church has there. Roberto really is at home with his books then. Hmm it's indeed surprising that this case is all related to a satanic ritual to control a corpse. It seems that Roberto is getting rather obsessed with his research though. Hmm cursed books in a library eh. Still not sure whether father Julia is a good guy or bad guy at this point though. Hmm a snake attack deep within a church eh. Hmm a trial by the devil and the demons of hell eh. Sometimes knowledge can be a source of downfall just as it can be enlightenment. Man that trial really put Roberto in a impossible situation though. Hmm Lauren really is pretty handy with resources and not just information. Hmm Hiraga was brave in trying to suck the poison out of the wound though. The bond between the two really is strong. Man those poor monkeys though being used as a sacrifice. Hmm so Samson was captured by the cult and sacrificed eh. This case as ever is getting more and more weird but interesting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 19, 2017 11:47 AM
Nov 2016
I still don't know if mystical stuff exists in this series or not.

This episode was creepy, snakes creep me out and so does religious insanity.
Aug 19, 2017 12:11 PM
Oct 2007
Hmm... The head priest is supposedly out of town on the day that a murder happened.. Sounds very convenience to me and raise a big red flag on the individual..
Aug 19, 2017 3:21 PM

Oct 2013
Call this Zahylon's Prophecy:
Father Julia is the mastermind, he, along Kid, planed to create their own Saint to get more funds for their church.

So they started this chain of events which culminate in the fullfilling of John's last prophecies.

Most of them are vague enought to be given the Nostradamus treatment. But the last ones are clear enought to be manufactured.
Aug 20, 2017 8:02 AM
Oct 2009
I love this dumb anime. It actually has interesting plot points, but it has such a strong tendency for overdoing EVERYTHING it's incredibly entertaining.
Aug 20, 2017 8:27 AM

Jan 2013
Pretty nice episode...but that ending damn.
I don't know why but i think that Priest Julia is involved somehow.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 20, 2017 7:41 PM

Oct 2008
How convenient, they already have a anti-venom for Black Mamba snake poison!
This is bad Roberto is going nuts!
4/5.

Aug 22, 2017 1:42 AM

Mar 2009
god this show is so dumb.
Aug 22, 2017 7:25 PM
Mar 2012
nice snake theme continues.
The trial visions & atmosphere was well done.
Roberto suddenly asking for library, getting exactly 3 books, then Julia warning after the fact felt randomly contrived. Leaving on the festival, lol way to make yourself suspicious. Megane oldie & the food guy also look more suspicious.
Aug 23, 2017 12:43 PM

Jun 2016
Goddamnit. Glad Roberto didn't die and it was a panic attack. Poor him. And then a fucking snake bit him, and Hiraga saved him. Thanks, Lauren! Yoku yatta! Haha.

I guess nothing can shake Roberto's faith. Nice!

And, Roberto, what's with the menacing laugh?

Loved this episode. So many gay moments. Huehuehuehue.
TheDoggoneGirlAug 23, 2017 12:46 PM

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Aug 23, 2017 12:45 PM

Jun 2016
thesarcasticguy said:
I still don't know if mystical stuff exists in this series or not.

This episode was creepy, snakes creep me out and so does religious insanity.

Hahaha! Exactly. It's like the point of this show so far is that every "miracle" is just an overexaggeration of religious freaks. Hehehe. FUCK RELIGION, YAY SCIENCE!

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Aug 25, 2017 10:41 PM

Dec 2015
I wonder if there will be some voodoo things (like using poison to make "living deads")

3/5
Aug 27, 2017 5:10 PM

Nov 2007
i have theories.....

That was really bad way to deal with snake bite (esp.if it's black mamba) but thanks for the fanservice i guess! at lease my fujo self appreciated
and i also appreciate how Roberto's love for Hiraga is bigger than his faith.....thanks for the help Satan! guess Satan is a fujoshi too.
Aug 31, 2017 11:31 PM
Jan 2016
Glad Roberto didn't die and that he did overcome the devil inside of him He has a tough past so I wanna know the story of his childhood and stuff
Roberto's fairth is so strong but not as strong as his love for Hiraga I love their brotherhood
Julia is such a suspicious man for me He leaves the same day as the day Samson got killed I think he's involved in this case He ain't innocent as he pretends to be
The monkey scene was creepy af
I think that Roberto resolved the case of the corpse and that someone is forcing the prophecy to work because the one who should've die was Roberto but he didn't so they killed Samson instead of him to make the prophecy true
Interesting episode
Oct 25, 2017 6:34 AM

May 2012
Decent episode, that hell scene was quite interesting! Let's see what's next though.
Mar 22, 2020 3:39 AM

Dec 2013
This episode is really creepy! 😱 Father Julia was really suspicious, but I think I'm getting really judgmental here lol. So Roberto got bitten by a snake? 😱😱😱😱 Good thing Hiragi has anti venom ready 😵😵😵

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Jun 30, 2020 11:06 PM

Mar 2010
This anime makes me feel like im high or something. The writer is for sure a murderer and idk about john.
It does not make sense that the snake made robert hallucinate the snake trial
Aug 18, 2020 3:09 PM

Jan 2010
Either this is some Lovecraft levels of knowledge-inducing madness, or I walked into a screening of The Number 23 without realizing it.

More topics from this board

» Light Novel - for those who want to follow the story

Willowspell - Sep 26, 2017

10 by little_raven »»
Feb 9, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Vatican Kiseki Chousakan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2017

69 by little_raven »»
Feb 9, 10:50 AM

Poll: » Vatican Kiseki Chousakan Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2017

42 by little_raven »»
Feb 6, 7:23 PM

Poll: » Vatican Kiseki Chousakan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2017

73 by little_raven »»
Feb 6, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Vatican Kiseki Chousakan Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2017

23 by TheColonel76 »»
Dec 26, 2023 5:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.