Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Aug 20, 2017 4:59 PM
Jul 2018
Uninteresting episode of the show. In the end of the day it was just turn out to be deceived by Oxen's lies(it was already predictable if one carefully note her characterization for being twisted against children on the last episode).
Next episode gonna be usual "training arc" and taste out how they can survive this mysterious abyss.
Half-way done already with the show and still no 'big development' yet. This is growing me somewhat down about this show. But I gotta admit soundtracks/visuals are going better and charming.

removed-userAug 20, 2017 5:10 PM
Aug 20, 2017 7:12 PM

Oct 2008
I knew it was just an act but damn! Ozen is just Savage!
Clearly Reg is not a match for Ozen and he'll just let Riko die in a blink of an eye! Good thing Ozen will help Reg train to be stronger and to be able to absolutely protect Riko no matter what the situation is.
4/5.

Aug 20, 2017 7:20 PM
Mar 2016
Ozen black and white hair looks similar to the orphanage director do you guys think maybe theyre related
Aug 20, 2017 9:29 PM

Jul 2015
Oh... thats fine... I didn't plan on sleeping anyway. Ozen reminds me of Ganondorf, specifically the one from Windwaker... because of how he smacked Zelda across the room during one of the battles.

Was wondering how they would get out of that but it turned out to just be a really mean test. And now they have to survive in the woods for a bit... wonder how that will go.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Aug 20, 2017 10:51 PM

Mar 2014
Xenocrisi said:

GangsterCat said:
at this pacing the anime won't even reach it

I know that, I Was just saying

im hoping for a sequel in the near future. this is the kind of anime mangakas should be creating
why am i so well drawn into time travel stories?
do i really have that many regrets?
Aug 20, 2017 11:03 PM

Mar 2014
JCvetich said:
Aidoru-Ojisan said:

Your loss mate, check the manga at least (*SIGH* It's really hard to satisfy some people eh?)

*oh wait, you said you were gonna give next week's ep a chance, cool cool, don't expect too much from the "training" it's short because in the manga it's pretty much a "meta joke" towards the whole "training arc" type of stuff (not sure if the studio will drag it on for half an episode tho, they might)

Unfortunately, I am really hard to satisfy. I know that's my issue. I wish it were something that I could just like... turn off... but it's just part of who I am.

Everyone's different and some things aren't for some people (obviously). That's not to say that this anime isn't good, it's probably just not for me.

im doubting your "hard to satisfy" taste. i mean you have one punch man as your favorite anime lol
why am i so well drawn into time travel stories?
do i really have that many regrets?
Aug 20, 2017 11:30 PM

Jun 2017
envy__ said:
JCvetich said:

Unfortunately, I am really hard to satisfy. I know that's my issue. I wish it were something that I could just like... turn off... but it's just part of who I am.

Everyone's different and some things aren't for some people (obviously). That's not to say that this anime isn't good, it's probably just not for me.

im doubting your "hard to satisfy" taste. i mean you have one punch man as your favorite anime lol

What isn't there to like about it? It's funny, the animation is awesome, and the characters are cool. More importantly, something happens every episode.

Can't really say the same for this anime.

Like I said, not everything is for everyone.
Aug 21, 2017 7:07 AM

Aug 2015
All the faces Ozen makes are awesome. I like how things took a dark turn with her telling Riko she's a corpse. I'm kind of worried they will rush things as there's not a lot of episodes left. Then again, I don't know how much more there is to the story.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Aug 21, 2017 11:15 AM

Jun 2013
oh man that was good also Ozen is messed up
Aug 21, 2017 3:24 PM

Feb 2014
I love Ozen easily the best character this far
Aug 22, 2017 5:40 AM

Feb 2014
I just knew this series would get rated more than >8
What a story to be told
Aug 23, 2017 4:22 AM

Jan 2010
Sincerely fuck this sadist bitch!!! Fucking twisted fuck. No matter what she's trying to teach them to make them suffer it's taking it too fucking far damn it! This event would have scarred me for life. I don't like how their tried to make her seem good and redeemable after all when she's a god damn sicko, I don't understand how anyone can look up to here, no matter what she's gone through. No way am I ever gonna forgive her unless they show some truly heartbreaking origin story or something like that. And even then I just can't believe how sadist she is.
Aug 23, 2017 6:19 PM

Jul 2012
So Riko is an animated undead that has an instinctive desire to go to the center of the abyss? 😳

Ouzen sure does believe in tough love; she's probably a bit sadistic at the same time haha. But I guess she really had to test them to see if they're really ready for what's in the abyss. This training arc should be interesting. I love learning about the monsters and such in this world :)
Aug 24, 2017 3:02 AM

Jun 2012
The brutality of Ozen really speaks. Loved how she just played Reg in a killing way just to get her point across, best episode so far for me because monsters generally bore the hell out of me. And Riko is only a moving corpse, that's awesome.
Aug 24, 2017 1:34 PM

Nov 2007
she gave them proper reality check,bless
Aug 25, 2017 1:55 AM
Dec 2012
I like Ozen's full outfit. ・ω・
Aug 26, 2017 1:23 PM

Apr 2012
>Ohzen memories of Lyza
;_;
Aug 26, 2017 4:07 PM

Feb 2013
Nice hat.

Ozen was pretty frightening. I thought the kids were going to have to make a run for it.
Sep 2, 2017 2:57 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
all was a Ozen test, hard, but, in my opinion, necessary to knows their weaks points!!!
Another great episode with a cool plot turn!!!
Sep 3, 2017 9:47 AM

Nov 2009
Ozen is pretty cruel in her methods for sure, would love to see more of her backstory with Lyza.
Sep 6, 2017 12:59 AM

Jun 2013
Ozen is more than 50 years old but looks like she's in her early 20s.

The curse repelling sugar cube turned into some Junji Ito shit by the sound of the white whistle. Jesus Christ.

So I was right, the thing chasing Riko that night were ribs, it was for dinner. Yum.

Regu bleeds even though he's a robot. Okay, I'm convinced he's half human or was cursed by the abyss or something to have mechanical parts, was altered/enhanced or something.

Stringing up kids naked must this world's favorite fetish.

Ozen trained Lyza and wants to train these two now. I like her more now than before but I can't stand her voice. They could've given her a better voice that didn't sound like a person talking with a stuffed nose.
臭い-
Sep 10, 2017 1:52 AM

Sep 2008
I really hate the ED. It always kills the mood and is full of spoilers.
Sep 16, 2017 10:23 AM

Nov 2011
I have not yet understood the true nature of the scumbag, tried by Ozen, against Riko, but discovering a few things on his account make his figure even more fascinating. It is interesting to see Lyza for the first time and to know what he or she links to Ozen. Curious to find out if all Ozen's statements are false or not. Soundtrack and narrating voice always very impressive. If Ozen is so "dangerous" I can not wait to know the other white whistles; I have great expectations, I hope they are not disappointed. This anime series, is a drug, creates addiction.
Sep 16, 2017 10:02 PM

Apr 2015
Yeah, I don't like Ozen. Bitch has her mind warped by the Abyss if she thinks it's okay to mess with kids like that for some kind of test.

I called the part about Riko's mom being dead being bullshit! Of course, we also learned the unfortunate fact that Riko's existence is a ticking time bomb of course.

I'm really worried about Riko and Reg being in this ten-day trial thing, especially since Ozen set it up. Her rules are also confusing. Reg isn't supposed to use the Incinerator (the only good weapon they have), yet they're also supposed to "show no mercy" to the creatures in this layer of the Abyss? The Incinerator was the only way Reg saved Riko before.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Oct 5, 2017 1:53 AM

Mar 2012
Ozen's got a terrible personality wtf.
Oct 6, 2017 5:16 PM

Dec 2016
That was a pretty fucked up test but I see what Ozen was trying to do.

This survival test is gonna be pretty damn fun!!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Oct 7, 2017 2:00 PM

May 2012
Really fantastic development! Looking forwards to see what's next.
Oct 7, 2017 3:18 PM

Feb 2014
Lesson? Lesson to how get beaten.
Oct 8, 2017 11:53 AM

Sep 2010
I had the pleasant experience of watching the first 7 eps in one go... not the remaining half will wait have to wait for another day.

I really like this anime and the one thing that I like about it the most is definitely the abyss itself and the presentation of the world. It might be the old good dungeon setting but yet again wherever it is climbing towers or going down the dungeon, this setting does wonders for adventure genre.

Still with such great world building we got those characters... sigh. I won't complain that they are 12 years old kids/robots but the one thing that stood out to me from beginning and especially when we left the city was how useless MC really is. I mean what is the purpose of pushing a 12 years old normal (reincarnated zombie) girl into a world full of monsters and overpowered beings while she herself would get defeated by any fodder there is. Next episode we get so called training part but even there, Ozen clearly states that Robot-kun needs to do his best to protect her, while she herself remains being useless for the most part and the deeper we go the more rescuing we will get. In the end even if Riko does by some miracle reaches her destination, she will simply not deserve the potential reward or answers she gets by doing so. Would something like that be satisfying ending when every danger we encounter is another protect the girl who has a clear death wish. At this point the only way the story will make sense in the end is for Riko to die somewhere along the line... after all seeing how we completely rushed through first two levels it doesn't seem like Riko will be doing any leveling up.
Oct 9, 2017 7:05 PM

Jul 2009
Riko revealed to be a zombie and being no better than a reanimated piece of meat for dinner...savage Ozen lol. Although it's cool how action is taking place now, this episode did little in advancing the plot and I'm worried how the show will pack the remainder of its story with only six episodes left. I hope the training arc next episode will be more than just an advancement to Reg's strength.
Oct 13, 2017 4:51 PM

Dec 2008
Ozen is to be feared...
Oct 17, 2017 1:51 PM

Sep 2014
Ozen is one badass and terrifying troll damn <3 Makes sense being that harsh considering where they want to descend.
Does that mean Ozen was also lying about Riko being stillborn?
nerfxOct 18, 2017 12:15 AM
Oct 22, 2017 11:43 AM

Aug 2010
Favorite episode so far. Ozen appearing in this show just made it 100x better.
Nov 7, 2017 9:59 PM

May 2013
Damn, Ozen is a nasty one >:(

Poor Riko when she got hit ;~; a little girl really is too weak *sigh*

Welp. If Lyza acknowledges Ozen's strength, then Riko and Reg will be fine under her training.
Nov 9, 2017 3:58 AM

Mar 2015
Wow Ozen is just.. crazy.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 2, 2017 9:21 AM

Oct 2008
I know Reg fainted in episode 1 when he shot that beam but can someone explain how come Reg shot his beam at those birds in episode 5 and didn't seem to faint afterwards since he took care Riko when she was unconscious?
Dec 19, 2017 7:50 PM
Nov 2017
I didn't expect the turn around at all. I was pleasantly surprised. But damn, what a beating.
Dec 19, 2017 10:18 PM

Sep 2016
Hatul said:
I know Reg fainted in episode 1 when he shot that beam but can someone explain how come Reg shot his beam at those birds in episode 5 and didn't seem to faint afterwards since he took care Riko when she was unconscious?

He did faint in episode 5. Riko must have taken less than 10 minutes to wake up.
Jan 10, 2018 2:14 AM

Dec 2015
Pretty hard to watch + enjoy an episode that starts with kids being beat up...
~
Jan 13, 2018 5:06 AM

Jul 2016
Wow.. super dark episode and I loved!

Creep factor raised high in this one and cannot wait to watch the next episode.
Jan 14, 2018 6:25 AM

Jan 2010
she had me fooled for a second there, ngl. shes a crazy, twisted bitch but i love her.
Feb 4, 2018 1:51 PM

Mar 2016
Ozen is savage, she beat up Reg and Riko just to test their skills! And damn, she is old, way older than Riko's mom. Ozen could've just beat them up but nope, she also used some psychological attacks there REALLY telling Riko that she's a dead meat and lying about her mom's status.

The revelation of the fact that Riko is a walking resurrected being is really shocking. With a limited timespan, she needs to reach her mom (which happens to actually still be alive) before her time runs out...
Mar 7, 2018 4:53 AM

Oct 2007
When Ozen said she will dispose of Reg before he remembers... I thought she was really going to do it.
A white whistle is really strong... she could have killed both Riko and Reg easily if she wanted to.

Anyway, survival training for next ep. :)
Liddo-kunMar 7, 2018 5:05 AM
Mar 14, 2018 6:55 AM

Jan 2015
Even I was fooled by Ozen's action. I felt sad when Riko and Regu were crying together.
Mar 22, 2018 9:33 PM

Jul 2013
I knew she was just testing them. I expected her to do that. I also knew that Lyza and her were really close. But I don't understand when she said they made all the wrong choices. I mean, they're weak yeah but what did she expect them to do? Reg made the right choice not to fire that laser on her else she would've died and it took longer to fire cause he's trying to make is as small as possible as to not incinirate the whole camp. I think they actually did good all things considered.
Apr 15, 2018 4:58 AM

May 2016
The hollow eyes, the twisted scalp, the thousand implanted wedges all over her body, and the realization that she's at least 80-90 years old are definitely red flags for those who want to have a look under her clothes x-x Not to mention her sadistic take on gauging their skills and training kek. At least she has a soft spot for Marulk and Lyza~

Riko's origin story is more twisted than I thought. Maybe the reason why she didn't end up like that slab of walking meat was because she was still whole and capable of still developing. Now it's time for another trial and it'll definitely get tough.

Apr 25, 2018 8:01 AM

Sep 2017
So there is training day. I am happy that Ozen broke those kids. Very glad. They needed a lesson.

Riko's mom is a masochist. It is official. And no matter how much Ozen tried to discipline her, Riko's mom ended up being messed up anyway.

Ozen's assistant shouldn't have called the men. Seriously, she deserved to be strung up naked. Always obey your master's orders. You should have trusted her. But, that is good in its own way. Ozen could now see the trap's fan service.

But still, I am not satisfied. I already saw this coming from a mile away. Looks like we won't see Riko's mom any time soon.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Aug 10, 2018 10:07 AM

Dec 2015
That chick is brutal, but I still kinda like her.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 11, 2018 3:03 PM

May 2010
Ozen is scary af, even if her intentions aren't that terrible ;_; Her flashback of Lyza was surprisingly adorable, I'd love to see more of that kindness!
Dec 28, 2018 10:48 PM

Nov 2018
This episode was pretty creepy, and the revealing of Riko that she is like some form of zombie was pretty crazy!
The story has really seemed to pick up from here
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2017

180 by eWEQRW123123 »»
Apr 19, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2017

768 by asbest0sdust »»
Apr 16, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2017

234 by p1f1 »»
Apr 16, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Are the movies cannon…?

Skylar-whoo - Apr 15

21 by Skylar-whoo »»
Apr 15, 7:43 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2017

190 by SanessyAdversary »»
Mar 24, 7:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.