Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 6, 2010 7:18 PM
Oct 2009
This was a okay episode i guess but i going tried of this and all i geting is bla bla bla Kiyama is back to save the kids bla bla she going to do whatever it thats.
Mar 6, 2010 7:28 PM

Nov 2008
francismeunier said:
Maximatum99 said:

Oh, and that gif sort of sums up how annoying she has become thus far. Hey, if you like her, that's great.
But..but....but she looks like cute puppy and this is where she in the no limit button mode.....sure she might be annoying a little and maybe on some drug but clearly her adorable side is there within the GIF......I will leave this at to each its own tastes and likings.
True
Mar 6, 2010 7:35 PM

Jan 2010
PsychFreak said:
So we finally get one more semblance of a plot before this anime ends. This episode was good. I hope they can finish this arc on strong a note.

Meh. The plot still sucks IMO. Might as well have kept it as plotless fanservice. But I guess they had to have a plot to end it eh?
Mar 6, 2010 8:10 PM

Jan 2010
stupid arc.wish they could replace this arc with the sisiters arc instead of giving us all the useless fillers >.<
Mar 6, 2010 9:07 PM

Mar 2009
KazeFalcon said:
stupid arc.wish they could replace this arc with the sisiters arc instead of giving us all the useless fillers >.<

The sisters arc in the manga has yet to be finish in the manga. I prefer they never animate that arc until it's finish.
Mar 6, 2010 10:14 PM
Jul 2009
what an episode, a bit disappointing and i can say now that the possibility of being trolled in the end of the series is high but who knows, jc staff might surprise us in the final 2 episodes..

but then, misaka fanservice is win
Mar 6, 2010 10:50 PM
Jul 2009
So I imagine after this Misaka will start to play a little bit dirty, breaking into places and the like, in order to try and find the FIRST SAMPLE. In the data of the first sample, there will also be a picture of the donor...

Mar 6, 2010 11:52 PM

Aug 2008
Not a bad episode, things are chugging along at a decent pace. There's not much time left, so I'm happy to see they're done pussy-footing around. I'm expecting utter chaos by the end of the next episode.

By the way, what the hell was up with Kuroko's wet dream?! How do you sleep in a room where your roomate is so openly fapping to your image?
Mar 7, 2010 2:38 AM

Jul 2009
Grimmm said:
Boring episode. I'm not into this arc.
Yeah let's just end this series, 2 more episode to go
Mar 7, 2010 3:44 AM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:
HawthorneKitty said:
Found Saten's ability
Rofl....that is her secret ability...problem is won't work on guys less they are Irish maybe. Seriously I though level upper showed her ability being telekinesis.....yes?
Well perhaps she could develop it a bit and at higher levels force the air stream up the targets rectum, thus filling them with air and forcing the victim to explode like a balloon xD
That would be a kinda neat ability to have (^.^)

Not sure is the have telekinesis, seeing it looked like she just created wind vortexes and made some leafs fly I'm more on the air theory.

And Irish?
With you being French and all (and assumingly living in France?) the neighbouring country, one would think you should at least know it's the Scotsmen who wear "skirts" or kilts as they are called.
(I am aware that some Irish nationalists started wearing kilts in the 90s but that's hardly commonly spread throughout the populous or the first thing you think of when you hear someone mention Irish people)
Mar 7, 2010 4:00 AM
Nov 2009
Xerain said:
So I imagine after this Misaka will start to play a little bit dirty, breaking into places and the like, in order to try and find the FIRST SAMPLE. In the data of the first sample, there will also be a picture of the donor...

YEs !!! Oo

Overall a great episode imo 4/5 its good to see a bit of plot now hope they can wrap this up nicely in the last 2 arks
Mar 7, 2010 4:18 AM

Dec 2009
Jumperboy333 said:
Uiharu's been really annoying the last couple of episodes. Sure, she wanted to protect her friend, but it was Kuroko's job to find out what's causing the poltergeist.
I agree, that annoyed me too. But that was just the last few episodes. She was pretty cool before that :-/

Besides, I don't think you can call her ability useless.

Yeah, her current Level is the lowest possible one (apart from not having an ability at all, of course) so naturally she can't do much.
On a higher Level however, I could imagine her being able to actually manipulate temperatures at will, which then would be a very powerful ability.
By rising temperature she'd be able to light fires, melt materials or make water boil (which, just like the abilities of Mikoto, Kuroko or Accelerator, would have the potential of killing humans in an instant). By lowering temperature she'd be able to freeze things - the combat uses of which should be known to everyone who played Crysis :P

Not to mention the countless applications of a power like that in daily life...
FireballStarfishNov 15, 2010 9:11 AM
Mar 7, 2010 4:27 AM

Nov 2008
Xerain said:

Yeah baby!

Uhm, erm, 'scuuuuse me.
Mar 7, 2010 6:30 AM

Oct 2008
porkypink said:
Couldn't stop laughing at this scene.

Uihara... /ridicule

What would her ability be at level 5/6? being able to blow up stuff from the inside with heat maybe? Like a egg in a microwave o.o

omg I was dying when I saw that too! XDDDD She had the true orgasm and did you hear those manly grunts at the start of the scene? xD Kuroko is the truth.

Mar 7, 2010 8:17 AM

Jan 2010
Xerain said:

I hope they take that road, that wonderful arc of the manga that has been left out would make for some awesome OVAs.

Still, I'm liking this arc so far, better than some of Index at least.

Mar 7, 2010 10:19 AM
Dec 2008
wow the fanservice in this episode made me go crazy

LOL @ Kuroko getting orgasm in the bed LMAO

the story is getting better

the last 2 episodes will most likely be really good
Mar 7, 2010 11:08 AM
Feb 2009
Xerain said:

holy crap, i want that to happen o_O
oblivious is a bliss
Mar 7, 2010 1:08 PM

Nov 2008
francismeunier said:
desolato said:
Anyhow, a bit disappointed to indeed see confirmed that it was again Kiyama-sensei, but I guess that was inevitable. For the rest, the last episodes didn't 'feel' that right with me. All the excitement that the early episodes brought, is gone. I liked how these last two episodes were connected to earlier events, though.

You know it, there's only one way to fix it..

At least we know how Accelerator might be crazy......those crystal things messed him up good.

I take it is.. crystal meth?
Mar 7, 2010 4:12 PM

Oct 2009
desolato said:
francismeunier said:
desolato said:
Anyhow, a bit disappointed to indeed see confirmed that it was again Kiyama-sensei, but I guess that was inevitable. For the rest, the last episodes didn't 'feel' that right with me. All the excitement that the early episodes brought, is gone. I liked how these last two episodes were connected to earlier events, though.

You know it, there's only one way to fix it..

At least we know how Accelerator might be crazy......those crystal things messed him up good.

I take it is.. crystal meth?
Rofl...desolato you can think of it as that but it's not exactly but IRL it could be a new type of crystal meth....yes.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Mar 7, 2010 10:55 PM

Aug 2008
HoaRy said:

Now we have the fact that Uiharu is useless:

Hey hey, that's not really true. She could probably survive in sub-zero temperatures, with nothing on, by being able to heat up the air around her or something, as well as vice-versa. Possible if she reached a higher level that is.
Also, that hair accessory she has on probably is unique in that it uses her ability in some way, but it's overall function probably remains useless anyway.
Mar 7, 2010 11:02 PM

Feb 2010
porkypink said:

Uihara... /ridicule

What would her ability be at level 5/6? being able to blow up stuff from the inside with heat maybe? Like a egg in a microwave o.o

I wonder how she knows all about these things at her current age 0.o
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 8, 2010 1:42 AM

Jul 2008
so actually it turns out the kids were used to make a process to make a level 6 that went horribly wrong, and them being awakened is whats been causing the poltergeist disturbances
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Mar 8, 2010 2:11 PM

Dec 2009
Great ep. Kinda predictable, but interesting to watch nevertheless. Learning about Uiharu's ability was an added bonus. :D

It's a shame that things started to pick up so late into the series. Then again, from the way the series has been so far, I guess I ought to be glad that there was any plot development to begin with.
Mar 8, 2010 5:51 PM

Jun 2008
francismeunier said:
dandere said:
HoaRy said:

I believe its actually to KEEP things warm, not to determine the temperature.
I believe that it's useful maybe not at level 1 but eventually it might: a)change the temperature of things to cold or hot...b)warm up more things or bigger ones......c)it can be lethal to living things and be something of a attack but right now it's just useful and not in combat useful at all.
Since they didn't go into details about the full extent, we don't know if its on the microwave or infrared range. All she said was "keep things warm". And yes, being a level 1 esper, he power isn't that strong and does seem weak in comparison to the others. To call it "stupid" shows the lack of imagination or foresight on what she could do when her levels get higher.

If keeping things warm is all she can do, I can live with that since she almost unlimited when she get's stronger (if she get's stronger).
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Mar 8, 2010 7:00 PM

Nov 2007
That was a nice episode.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Mar 8, 2010 8:04 PM

Apr 2008
Misaka thinks just a mask alone would work ?! LOL

Didnt think they would say wats Uiharu's ability ...

Mar 8, 2010 8:58 PM

Oct 2009
orangehouse said:
Yeah that will never work IRL for sure.

Mar 9, 2010 4:54 AM

Jun 2008
orangehouse said:

Didnt think they would say wats Uiharu's ability ...
It works in comics books. ;p

Remember the animated movie The Incredibles. A simple raccoon mask hid who the superhero was. ROFL. I couldn't believe that people who be so stupid in this world to not think how silly this was.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Mar 9, 2010 6:06 AM

Apr 2009
sbyrstall said:
orangehouse said:

It works in comics books. ;p.

And there is Aizen Souske Superman's glasses.

"There's no such thing as a coma. He is surly previewing the afterlife." by
Mar 9, 2010 11:06 AM

Feb 2009
Uiharu's ability is to heat things? Well that's a disappointment. If she was level 5 though, that'd be one awesome battle ability since by increasing molecule frictions to a high enough speed (basically creating heat) in a very short time period she can explode whatever the heck she wants.
Mar 10, 2010 12:21 AM

Apr 2009
I seem to be the only one who read Uiharu's ability as, rather than controlling heat, controlling entropy itself. At level 1 it'd stop the increase of entropy, which would explain both keeping things warm as well as the weird flowers on her head (kinda) so presumably at higher levels she could even reverse it, meaning that she could for instance turn time backwards on anything she touches (for a given definition of 'time' though) and would make her comparable if not outright superior to Accelerator in terms of sheer potential.

Anyways, I still prefered the old theory of plant control over it, Uiharu being a proto Poison Ivy had a certain charm that an entropy-defying (or heat-manipulating) entity kinda lacks, in my opinion.

Disclaimer: my Physics-fu isn't the strongest, so dunno if the effects of arbitrarily manipulating entropy are really as I portray them to be, though at least the heat thing should be accurate.
No problem is insoluble in all conceivable circumstances.
Mar 10, 2010 1:43 AM

Dec 2008
Academy City has a big bunch of ethically questionable scientists, one more evl than the other.
Judgement and Antiskill must be incapable or corrupt that they had things like that happen.

porkypink said:

Uihara... /ridicule

without her ribbons Kuruko looks very nice ; )

francismeunier said:
thx for spreading my message XD
If I get this geezer into my hands ...I...

2 more eps to go I hope we will get some really good electro girl action
FabienneMar 11, 2010 12:26 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 10, 2010 9:29 AM

May 2008
We'd better see the return of Ritsu by the end of this.;_;

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Mar 12, 2010 10:35 PM

Jun 2008
MelbShaw said:
porkypink said:

Uihara... /ridicule

I wonder what the unedited DVD will show??
Mar 13, 2010 7:34 AM

Oct 2009
alexcampos said:
MelbShaw said:
porkypink said:

Uihara... /ridicule

I wonder what the unedited DVD will show??

Well since you want to know it might be something like this=>

Mar 13, 2010 4:15 PM

Dec 2007
Uiharu's ability is useless and somewhat not useful, and I am very disappointed in that ability. Theoretically, if her level is high then it may be helpful and powerful. I have a feeling that Telestina is the final antagonist in this arc. It’s too bad that Accelerator is not there in the series.
Mar 13, 2010 9:02 PM
May 2008
Well, I'm enjoying this final arc of the season. Nothing special, but the characters really make it that much better imo.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Mar 14, 2010 9:51 AM

May 2007
Now wait I am pretty cure they said somewhere that those kids dies, not went to sleep.

Also Uhara's power has some use, I just can't think of it.
My anime list
Mar 14, 2010 7:16 PM

Oct 2009
mitamaking said:
Now wait I am pretty cure they said somewhere that those kids dies, not went to sleep.
You are wrong it was said clearly that they were sleeping forever and that it was to wake them up that Kiyama was doing all she can.......if they would be dead Kiyama would not have any motivations at all.

Mar 19, 2010 1:39 PM

Jul 2008
HoaRy said:

Fact? Stop saying nonsense, this is a filler arc. As long as it hasn't been said in the main material there is no fact.
Mar 20, 2010 4:00 AM
Jan 2010
That's a fact. The author of Index actually writes these stuff.
Plus you can't expect ANY Level 1 ability to be h4x. It's just Level 1.
Mar 21, 2010 6:32 AM

Jan 2009
Uiharu and her said ability are nowhere near useless. I could come up with dozens of applications for her said ability and Uiharu has proven to be very skilled with computers. She supports everyone from the background.
However, there's something that bothers me. The reason I say 'said ability'' is because I don't trust fillers and Uiharu told her ability in filler episode. If someone could prove her ability from other sources, I'd be pleased.
Apr 3, 2010 7:50 PM

Nov 2007
lmao so Uiharu maintains things at a constant temperature @_@ who would have though ... xD
Apr 11, 2010 2:30 PM

Aug 2008
porkypink said:

Fackin' laved that bit. ONEE~SAMA.

Aww poor Ritsu :< Dat hairband.

I love Harumi. Slow talkers, that voicee<3
KirkyApr 11, 2010 2:40 PM
Jul 3, 2010 12:03 PM

Aug 2008
lol at Kuroko's lewd scene. Seriously that girl is so perverted. XD
Aug 7, 2010 11:54 AM

Aug 2009
Wait what? What the hell is going on? To be honest, I'm confused about the RPSK syndrome, AIM Dispersion Field, Poltergeist, Level 6, and so on.

Okay so Kihara decided he wants to create a level 6 creature so he created the crystal and performed human experiments to test the crystal out. The 10 child errors were the test subject and the test didn't go well so they all went into a coma and if you wake them up, earthquakes occur throughtout the city. So in short, Kiyama is a selfish bitch. Apparently she would sacrifice EVERYONE in the city just to wake TEN kids.

I'm still curious about this Therestina girl. I bet she's working for Kihara. She has this evil aura surrounding her. Pretty interesting aswell as Kuroko's dream, LOL.
Aug 20, 2010 6:25 PM
Jan 2008
LOL i was waiting to find out Uiharu ability and it end up being keeping food warm LOL. She should work at Pizza hut's delivery. Never have to worry about getting cold pizza.
Sep 17, 2010 8:39 PM

Aug 2010
Kanon-kun said:
I thought her power was to surf the net at lightning speeds.
LOL +1

I find Uiharu to be annoying and useless. But Hey what can you do, shes a level 1.
Oct 13, 2010 5:53 AM

May 2008
porkypink said:

Uihara... /ridicule

epic win LMAO

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jan 1, 2011 3:09 PM

Feb 2010
Wow, Uiharu's ability is... useless...
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

UnknownFact - Jan 2, 2010

169 by StateofOhayo »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

throwaway513846 - Dec 25, 2009

224 by StateofOhayo »»
11 hours ago

» Do you like Kuroko’s horniness, or do you think it’s annoying?

SwagsOnB - Oct 2, 2023

31 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Do you like Toaru Kagaku no Railgun?

SpinStudios - Oct 25, 2021

18 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 5:08 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Proselyt - Jan 29, 2010

164 by TheAncientOne »»
Feb 25, 9:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.