Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 16, 2017 10:49 PM
Jun 2017
never drop a show due to that petty of a reason
drop it only because i realize it's shit, or it just not interesting enough to keep me going
Aug 16, 2017 10:57 PM
Jan 2016
I did not finish Eureka Seven simply because of how whiny Renton was. That's a petty reason. Or maybe when I dropped Mouryou no Hako because I was too scared.

Long_Ng said:
or it just not interesting enough to keep me going

"Not interesting enough" could be a petty reason.
Aug 16, 2017 11:00 PM

Apr 2013
BurningSpirit said:
chunng said:
i remember i dropped an anime because the MC was a trap, dont remember which anime tho

I don't know, I'd say it actually seems like a very good reason to check it out. If anyone has any idea what series this is, then I wouldn't might watching. Unless it's a hentai... then never mind.

Himegoto (that's the only series I can think of where the main character is a trap)

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Aug 16, 2017 11:05 PM
Apr 2016
I have droped several decent shows just because they were 12 episode adaptations of endless source materials and i like my series with satisfactory finales, thanks.
Aug 16, 2017 11:05 PM

Apr 2016
Reasons for 'Dropping' an anime are:
They are under 15 minutes so I can find them easily on my list.
They are hentai so I can, you know ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Other than that there is no reason to drop any Anime, after all you never know if the Anime you are dropping could be actually be good or not.
The dearer you hold a memory the more painful it becomes.

Aug 16, 2017 11:06 PM
Jun 2017
TheServant said:
I did not finish Eureka Seven simply because of how whiny Renton was. That's a petty reason. Or maybe when I dropped Mouryou no Hako because I was too scared.

Long_Ng said:
or it just not interesting enough to keep me going

"Not interesting enough" could be a petty reason.

depend on what's your definition of "Interesting"
for example, i got hook into a show, but after a while, it lose the touch, the story go nowhere
or i see what they're trying to do, but they're failing horribly to get me going
Aug 16, 2017 11:33 PM
Jun 2017
- shitty art
- annoying MC
- didn't get better after ~6 episodes
- annoying fanbase (probably thought it didn't live up to the hypetrain)
Aug 16, 2017 11:43 PM

Jul 2015
I dropped FMA Brotherhood because they changed Roy Mustang's seiyuu from the original.
Aug 16, 2017 11:45 PM

Jul 2016
Never dropped a show, i complete even if i dislike it
Aug 17, 2017 2:04 AM

Apr 2015
Some guys are saying art style, annoying MC etc...that's not petty at all! They're important factors
Aug 17, 2017 2:42 AM

Nov 2009
Mell8 said:
for not having enough females to look at.

This. It's probably the only reason I drop shows that I would consider "petty".
I mean, boredom, or disliking main characters, or disliking the show's atmosphere - they are all valid reason in my opinion.
Aug 17, 2017 2:45 AM

Feb 2015
Love triangle that looked boring...
Aug 17, 2017 2:48 AM

Nov 2009
Naru said:
Not tha anime's fault but I've had to drop some things cause the subtitles or the audio was off sync with the video and I didn't feel like finding another website. Of course I didn't add them to my dropped list, but still.

Now I'm feeling hardcore for editing subtitle timing on a few occasions where the timing was off and I could not find a better version.

Tennouji said:
Tokyo Ravens just because the girl that I was starting to like suddenly died.

You might want to finish that anime, because
Aug 17, 2017 2:49 AM
Aug 2016
I dropped Tokyo Ravens because not only things didn't seems to be heading to a harem ending, but the MC wasn't going to chose the best girl too. the same goes for Strike the Blood and Dakara H something...
Aug 17, 2017 2:53 AM

Jan 2013
KamenRiderMagna said:
I dropped 30% of the anime on my list because... I was just too lazy to continue it.

This, if I can't be bothered to watch it I'll put it in my On-Hold list but that's basically dropped since I never go through the list again.
I live to make the impossible, possible. - Lightning, FF13

Kindness without strength will make others devour you. Strength without kindness will make you devour yourself. - nightcore34.

If I could choose between knowing absolutely everything in the universe or having one normal apple to eat. I'd choose the apple. For knowing everything, means experiencing nothing. - nightcore34

The worst people are not those who do evil knowing its wrong. It's those who do wrong thinking, believing, they have the right to do so. - nightcore34

None can stand the ticking of the clock. All will fall with the Reapers knock. - nightcore34
Aug 17, 2017 3:03 AM

Apr 2015
flannan said:
Tennouji said:
Tokyo Ravens just because the girl that I was starting to like suddenly died.

Aug 17, 2017 3:06 AM

Jul 2016
This was suprisingly difficult. Most of the shows I dropped I did so because it was something about the show as a whole. I think I'm gonna say Genshiken Nidaime, because I didn't think the characters were as strong as the originals
Aug 17, 2017 3:47 AM

Nov 2009
ClickBaitBuster said:
I dropped Tokyo Ravens because not only things didn't seems to be heading to a harem ending, but the MC wasn't going to chose the best girl too. the same goes for Strike the Blood and Dakara H something...

Tokyo Ravens isn't heavy on romance even if you read beyond the anime ending, so it's okay.
But Strike the Blood does go for a harem ending, so your worries are unfounded.

Lanz said:
flannan said:

Aug 17, 2017 4:26 AM

Jul 2016
I'll drop a show is a VA for a main character is too annoying

I remember I dropped Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! because the protag kept giving me too much second hand embarrassment and was so relateable it pained me
Aug 17, 2017 4:48 AM

Jan 2017
I dropped No game no life because Sora was sexist dick and Shiro was that annoying overly sexualized moe character.
Aug 17, 2017 4:56 AM

Oct 2015
I dropped bungou stray dogs because everyone loved the dude who wears the fedora.

Dropped cheer danshi and prince of stride because the animation was shit.

Dropped fairy tail because the fights were repetitive (though I guess that can be seen as a genuine reason)

And I dropped noragami s2 and sword art online because of the romance (I also just hated asuna).
Aug 17, 2017 5:02 AM

Aug 2015
Zeta_Riemann said:
Dropping shows is for n00bs. True anime fans can tough out any anime and finish it. True elitists will watch crap shows on purpose and finish them only to be able to talk trash about them.

^^^ hahaha. Well I dont really Drop shows. Maybe leave them in my mental 'on hold' list bc I dont have time or I'm bored
Aug 17, 2017 5:02 AM

Mar 2016
lazypigz said:
Zephaas said:

You're really not making them like the fanbase anymore by saying this.
well that's pretty much the only reason I can see why anyone would drop this show. It's like saying you would drop Mahou Shoujo Madoka or AoT because you don't like it's art style.
Re:zero is only good because it's MC wasn't a Kirito

but kirito was a better MC then subaru :$
Aug 17, 2017 5:09 AM

May 2015
Toriko's anime colors.

AnimeXHunter said:
I´m too cool for dropping shows.

Sound effect
*drops mic*

dvbx_073 said:
lazypigz said:
well that's pretty much the only reason I can see why anyone would drop this show. It's like saying you would drop Mahou Shoujo Madoka or AoT because you don't like it's art style.
Re:zero is only good because it's MC wasn't a Kirito

but kirito was a better MC then than subaru :$
True but plenty of anime fans convinced themselves that Kirito is the worst anime character just because other people said so.
zalAug 17, 2017 5:12 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2017 5:14 AM
Jul 2017
Mostly because of the MC... Sometimes the heroine
Aug 17, 2017 8:59 PM

Sep 2009
i dont really drop any for a petty reason.. basically, i get these anime cravings for series i already watched. and sometimes it gets so bad i gotta drop the boring ass anime im watching, and then i never get back to it because like i said, its boring af. so it gets dropped. thats basically how it is with me lol.
"My feelings are like the approaching summer clouds - growing bigger and accumulating, sometimes bringing rain."
Aug 17, 2017 9:08 PM

Aug 2017
Animation.

I cannot stand the shows with characters that have eyes that cover 75% of their face, and their mouth is the size of a pea.
Aug 17, 2017 9:51 PM

Aug 2009
Because a show I tried to watch was too similar and boring compared to a show I've watched before.

Aug 18, 2017 11:08 AM

Jan 2010
Stripesu said:
A friend was relaying to me why they couldn't make it through certain shows and quote on quote "dropped" them.

Such as Attack on Titan where the anime looks like dirt the entire way through because the color pallet is so exclusively brown AND my favorite "Am I suppose to take this cue ball motherfucker seriously" after episode 2 of One Punch Man. His taste is selective and tried out mainstream shit for the first time in his life.

TL;DR Reason you dropped a show for no deep reason other than [blank].

Because:

1. My fav character dead
2. My OTP sunk
3. My NOTP become canon

I rarely dropped show but when I do, it's usually because of the combination of all three mentioned above.

Example:

Inuyasha

Tokyo Ghoul:re
Aug 18, 2017 11:16 AM

Apr 2015
I love Ranma Half, and I dropped it because the TV channel that aired it was replaced by another channel for kids.

I dropped Heavy Object Cause I find large metal balls disturbing.

I am about to drop Claymore cause I get a boner everytime I see clair idk why.

I dropped god eater because I disliked the font used in its title, and cause it was boring.

I dropped Beyond the Boundaries cause I was sick while watching it and now even if I try to watch it, I feel like puking cause I remember the sickness.

I dropped a lot of manga just because I forget in a few days upto which chapter I read and then I have to begin again.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2017 1:11 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Shicchi said:

Tokyo Ghoul:re

These are all the reasons my best friend dropped and she relayed all that pain to me. Getting emotionally attached and I didn't read/watch the damn thing.

animesannin said:

I dropped god eater because I disliked the font used in its title, and cause it was boring.

I smell a winner.
Aug 18, 2017 1:19 PM
Jul 2018
I dropped Byston Well Monogatari: Garzey no Tsubasa because it was not as awful as I wanted it to be.

And Re:Zero because I was not bothered enough to wait until the trap appears so I just went for fapping to fanart and doujins instead. and also because the MC was annoying but that was like... less important
Aug 18, 2017 1:23 PM

Oct 2013
hmmmm
I guess dropping Sora no Otoshimono because MC would constantly go into chibi mode which annoyed me

I guess MC needs to be a cute girl for me to like chibi forms xD
Aug 18, 2017 1:24 PM

Jan 2016
I don't drop for a petty reason. I may joke about it but I don't do it.
Aug 18, 2017 1:26 PM

Mar 2016
Clannad. Literally, I dropped this because I watched After Story before the first season thinking After Story was just an anime on it's own.
Aug 18, 2017 1:28 PM
May 2017
I'm not droping anime or manga. I tend to go beyond and at least see the outcome, even if it sucks.

But regarding the question, there was an anime that I had to leave. It's absurdly HORROR. Fairy Tail. It's a lousy anime in every way. And I say this with conviction, I practically watched the whole anime, but once I thought: Enough! It does not hurt.
Aug 18, 2017 1:32 PM

Oct 2016
Aidoru-Ojisan said:
I dropped Tenshi no 3P! after realizing the dude who directed Ro-Kyu-Bu! was directing it *queue angry lolicon mob* lmao

Tenshi no 3P is irretrievably bad, but it has nothing to do with having loli fanservice in it
Warning: Loli is loyal, and may become aggressive.
Aug 18, 2017 3:18 PM

Oct 2015
lazypigz said:
inb4 all the re:zero haters come in and say they dropped bc MC was shit

I finished the anime, but the MC is a big retard
Aug 18, 2017 3:23 PM
Jun 2016
I'm dropping a show when:

- It's boring
- It's cliche
- It's bad
- It's weird
- I'm watching another wayy better anime at the same time so forget about it/drop it
- It's annoying
- 1 Character ruins the show
- It's too similar to a show that I've already watched.
Aug 18, 2017 3:29 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
I don't think I've dropped a show for a petty reason. I only drop shows I find to be very bad/unentertaining.
Aug 18, 2017 3:31 PM
Dec 2015
Very high pitched female voices. Drives me nuts.
Aug 18, 2017 3:34 PM
Jan 2017
Bleach cause only up till the Soul Society arc was on Netflix. I am not going out of my way to watch that show.
Aug 18, 2017 4:02 PM

Mar 2016
Zeta_Riemann said:
Dropping shows is for n00bs. True anime fans can tough out any anime and finish it. True elitists will watch crap shows on purpose and finish them only to be able to talk trash about them.

Jesus Christ. I've been a casual all along. Excuse me while I wallow in the latest of my existential crises.
Aug 18, 2017 4:03 PM

Sep 2014
I dropped Gamers cause the main character was voiced by a female. I believe in gender equality, so that is unacceptable!
Aug 18, 2017 4:05 PM

Jan 2017
I remember dropping this school/ comedy anime because I HATEDDDD the intro.
I just couldn't handle it.
I know that you can skip it and that's exactly why it's petty.
Because of the intro I started to hate all the characters and dropped near episode 3 or something.
Aug 18, 2017 4:06 PM

Aug 2009
Probably ugly character designs for me. I could argue that the designs clash too heavily with the themes and atmosphere of the show, but yeah I guess its still pretty petty.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aug 18, 2017 4:08 PM

Aug 2017
I drop shows for these reasons:
-the story is going no where and it is messy
-the characters are bland or annoying
-boring
-Offensive content (hentai,discrimination,racism,pedophillia,necrophillia,etc)
-if it's stupid/plain dumb
-crappy animation
-terrible sequel
-awful voice acting
-awful plot twists

Aug 18, 2017 4:12 PM

Oct 2015
I dropped Toradora because Taiga was too small
Aug 18, 2017 4:13 PM

Jul 2017
Well I dropped Your Lie in April because the lips on all the characters freaked me the f out
Aug 18, 2017 4:16 PM

Nov 2016
My pettiest reasons were boredom and a disgusting rape scene.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why were children’s anime dubs so unappreciated?

funtime43_tr - Today

24 by Zarutaku »»
10 minutes ago

» Characters that ya think are a Genderbent You

IpreferEcchi - Apr 15

29 by 0arche »»
22 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

92 by Dracowyn »»
24 minutes ago

» What is your most re-watched anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 15

84 by Spunkert »»
33 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you tend to watch newer seasonal shows, or older shows?

Akuya - 5 hours ago

22 by NubFix »»
38 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.