Forum Settings
Forums

Agnostics of MAL, what is your favorite religion, and have you considered converting to that religion?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 21, 2017 2:50 AM

Apr 2017
Jediism
why
because
y'all need the force
mal's raccoon

boop !
‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ hell yeah !
from the distant
year of

the
are after me !
Aug 21, 2017 2:53 AM
Feb 2014
I'm a mix of Buddhism and Protestantism and while I'm not particularly religious I still have cultural values of both.

Lost_Viking said:
Never been an agnostic but I'm a former atheist who's on the path to becoming a Germanic pagan. I've been reading and researching it quite a bit lately. I also like Slavic paganism, I have both Germanic and Slavic ancestry but seeing as Germanic makes up the most I lean in that direction.

Are you more of a Varg-type or a Golden One-type.
Aug 21, 2017 3:27 AM

Apr 2013
aspects of buddhism & feng shui is already incorporated into my lifestyle. like as agnostic as i believe myself to be, i'm superstitious as hell. i won't sleep comfortably if there's a mirror facing my bed.

favourite religion to study is probably shinto, catholicism, or hinduism. idk, religion is pretty cool in general as an area of study. i wouldn't convert tho, that's too hardcore.
Aug 21, 2017 4:04 AM

Mar 2008
Nico- said:
I'm a mix of Buddhism and Protestantism and while I'm not particularly religious I still have cultural values of both.

Lost_Viking said:
Never been an agnostic but I'm a former atheist who's on the path to becoming a Germanic pagan. I've been reading and researching it quite a bit lately. I also like Slavic paganism, I have both Germanic and Slavic ancestry but seeing as Germanic makes up the most I lean in that direction.

Who or what is Golden One? Is that supposed to be the good example or the bad? If it's the good Varg actually isnt that bad in comparison to some others. Some Germanic pagans go full white supremacist while Varg only vaguely supports white nationalism. In fact Heinrich Himmler was a Germanic pagan.Some pagans dress like they are LARPing too which I dont mind if they pull it off well
Aug 21, 2017 8:25 AM

Jan 2014
TheDeadApostle said:

Protestantism...not so much to be honest. I feel like many Protestants don't even know what they're protesting against.

I'd say that that's a good thing, only in the sense that they didn't have to grow up under the abuses of the Catholic Church.

OT: I've always really liked Greek Mythology. It's one of the more interesting ones to read. I've found Materialism, Buddhism and Atheism to be really boring.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Aug 21, 2017 8:54 AM

Feb 2013
MangoYuri said:
Taoism would be one of my favorites, and I have considered converting. I thought about it and ended up not converting for various reasons I won't bother explaining.

I can't wait till this thread becomes a Madoka or Haruhi discussion...

Edit: I did not see the post above mine, it already started it seems.
One doesn't exactly convert to Taoism. They just start following the Tao. Joining a Taoist community or joining in esoteric traditions of Taoist witch doctors isn't exactly the path that Lao Tsu would say to take.
Aug 21, 2017 9:01 AM

Jun 2016
traed said:
Nico- said:

Who or what is Golden One? Is that supposed to be the good example or the bad? If it's the good Varg actually isnt that bad in comparison to some others. Some Germanic pagans go full white supremacist while Varg only vaguely supports white nationalism. In fact Heinrich Himmler was a Germanic pagan.Some pagans dress like they are LARPing too which I dont mind if they pull it off well

Golden One is a YouTuber from Sweden (I think) who talks about bodybuilding, politics and religion. He's mentioned paganism a couple of times but wasn't he a Christian/defending Christianity at one point? I've only watched a few of his videos and didn't really like them that much.

I have mixed opinions on Varg: Overall I like most of his videos and he seems really knowledgeable but I'm not quite as much of a hardcore primitivist as he is and some of his theories (like Sumerians being aryan) are a bit out there. So I'd guess I'd be more of a Varg-type, though like I said I'm still learning quite a bit. Some other channels I like that are on this subject are SurviveTheJive and StyxHexenHammer666.

I don't have anything against people on a personal level as far as what religion they practice but as a whole I admit to disliking Abrahamic religions (Christianity and Islam especially) because of the repression that Christian and Islamic rulers caused and all of the ancient artifacts and knowledge that were lost because of them destroying it. And I also despise the white supremacists that use pagan symbols and make us look bad; yes I think your ancestry is an important factor in choosing what type of paganism you want to practice, but I do wish these Nazi skinhead types would fuck off.
Lost_VikingAug 21, 2017 9:24 AM
Aug 21, 2017 9:03 AM

Mar 2017
traed said:
Yarub said:
Ofcourse you didn't imply that. Since this is going ways, here the premise:
Sufism IS Islamic Mysticism.
Start from this.

Mysticism is usually the outsider of any religion because it's quite personal and thus can diverge from the religions of it's origin whether it's Christian Mysticism, Jewish Mysticism, or Islamic Mysticism. Mysticism is a method and feeling and interpretation. So it's kind of just about semantics on how you define each religion. Would you consider Nation of Islam to be Islam? Would you consider Bahai Faith to be Islam? What about Druze?

A Sufi would probably take offence at you calling him anything but a Muslim.

But I agree, there are some differences from other interpretations of Islam that make it unique. For example, Sufi metaphysics have a doctrine of "wahdat Al wajud" which is the presence of the universal truth in every part of the universe. That's almost analogous to pantheism.

A Sufi even died when he claimed "I am the truth"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mansur_Al-Hallaj
Aug 21, 2017 9:09 AM
Jul 2018
Lost_Viking said:
traed said:

Golden One is a YouTuber from Sweden (I think) who talks about politics and religion. He's mentioned paganism a couple of times but wasn't he a Christian/defending Christianity at one point? I've only watched a few of his videos and didn't really like them that much.

I have mixed opinions on Varg: Overall I like most of his videos and he seems really knowledgeable but I'm not quite as much of a hardcore primitivist as he is and some of his theories (like Sumerians being aryan) are a bit out there. So I'd guess I'd be more of a Varg-type, though like I said I'm still learning quite a bit.

I don't have anything against people on a personal level as far as what religion they practice but as a whole I admit to disliking Abrahamic religions (Christianity and Islam especially) because of the repression that Christian and Islamic rulers caused and all of the ancient artifacts and knowledge that were lost because of them destroying it. And I also despise the white supremacists that use pagan symbols and make us look bad; yes I think your ancestry is an important factor in choosing what type of paganism you want to practice but I do wish these Nazi skinhead types would fuck off.

Well... Since Aryans are thought to be the people who inhabited ancient Iran, https://www.britannica.com/topic/Aryan it's not that far fetched that Sumerians would be Aryan... But as the link says, Aryans may not have been a racial group, rather it could have just been a social epithet. (I suspect white supremacists have no idea what the term Aryan is even referring to...)
Aug 21, 2017 9:38 AM

Mar 2008
Zzzgog said:

But I agree, there are some differences from other interpretations of Islam that make it unique. For example, Sufi metaphysics have a doctrine of "wahdat Al wajud" which is the presence of the universal truth in every part of the universe. That's almost analogous to pantheism.

I think Yarub is a sufi if I recall right.

That's not necisarily pantheism like.

The main point is sufis can claim to be both sufi and a particular sect of Islam like sunni or shia or whatever else.

Also there is this where it talks about non muslim sufis

"Indebted to both his Sufi heritage and the philosophical Vedanta/Shankara spirituality, Khan continued the deeply-rooted Indian tradition of spirituality over creed and the renaissance Indian notion of religious tolerance and openness. In the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries, spiritual leaders such as Kabir, Guru Nanak Dev, and the Mughal King Akbar and his Din-i-Ilahi founded a tradition in which the faithful, especially Hindus and Muslims, would crush their differences on the ideal of spiritual unity. Despite the advance of colonial English influences in the nineteenth century, Khan took this Mughal ideal on his mission to the West.

Hazrat Inayat Khan's decisive emphasis upon Spiritual Liberty in his teachings has resulted in many contemporary Westerners understanding that contemporary Islamic religious practices and Sufism are not inherently intertwined, although his followers continue to perform the traditional Islamic invocations of God (Dhikr) in the original Arabic as found in the Qur'an and the Prophetic traditions (Hadith). There is a historic precedent of certain Chishti masters (and masters of other orders) not requiring their non-Muslim followers to convert to Islam. The numbers of non-Muslim Sufis before the twentieth century, however, were relatively few"
http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Hazrat_Inayat_Khan

"The Chishti are perhaps best known for the welcome extended to seekers who belong to other religions. "
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chishti_Order

I mean sufism is both Islamic and not quite a sect of Islam at the same time because it is an aditional practice
traedAug 21, 2017 9:44 AM
Aug 21, 2017 9:54 AM

Feb 2015
I am atheistmemeist, and have lots of evidence (1500+ memes) to support my viewreligion.

Aug 21, 2017 10:02 AM

Jan 2017
I don't know
I haven't researched about all religions.
I know plenty about Hinduism since my mom forced me to watch Krishna, Hanuman, etc animated stories when I was a child. Well the stories were kinda good tbh
I know a little about Abrahamic religions (like Christianity, Islam and Judaism), but I know very little about their history and I am also not interested.
I know very little about Buddhism also (I only studied about it when I was in school)
Apart from that, I don't know anything about other religions.
I consider myself a atheist.

traed said:
Sufism - is pretty cool with their affinity for music and dancing as a type of mystical experience and I think Rumi's poetry is great. They are mostly pretty chill despite being super religious. Looks like it would be fun to be part of one of their circles. Only problem with them is I don't think I agree how they think Muhammad is a perfect example of an ideal human despite that there are some non Muslims Sufis.

There is a shrine in Ajmer (city in India) called "Ajmer Sharif Dargah" where all these Sufis (who are Muslims) sing a bunch of songs and people give them money. Many bollywood actors, famous Indian politicians, public figures, etc also go there and put "chaadar" (a piece of cloth) on someone's grave (I don't know his name). There's also a huge well where people throw money and then the workers of that "Dargah" collect it. They also provide "Biryani" (a famous non-veg dish in India).
Of course I don't want you to come to my country since I do not trust Americans as I do not want my country to become the next Iraq, Sudan, Somalia, etc but I thought I should tell you this.
I only went there once with my cousin and our parents when I was a child.
Well the "Sufi Qawwali" (songs) and the lights were good, I guess.

Yarub said:

Ofcourse you didn't imply that. Since this is going ways, here the premise:
Sufism IS Islamic Mysticism.
Start from this.

Are you a Sufi?
Come back to Ajmer Sharif! xD

Tbh Ajmer Sharif also is one of the most unforgettable moments in my life since after coming from Ajmer Sharif with my cousin and our parents, I had a fight with my cousin (about a small issue) and the fight grew intense (even our parents started participating in it).
From that day on, my cousin and I haven't talked to each other in years even tho we were the closest buddies before this event.
I guess, some things change pretty quickly and you can't change anything about it or reverse it.
swirlydragonAug 21, 2017 10:54 AM

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Aug 21, 2017 10:17 AM

Aug 2013
razor39999 said:
I like the oneness idea as presented in Hinduism, since it's also fairly similar to my favourite invented mythology - The Elder Scrolls mythos

We all gotta aim to achieve glorious CHIM.
Aug 21, 2017 10:26 AM

Apr 2013
razor39999 said:
I like the oneness idea as presented in Hinduism, since it's also fairly similar to my favourite fictional mythology - The Elder Scrolls mythos..

It's reminds me of the Rukh and King Solomon from Magi.
Aug 21, 2017 11:00 AM
Jul 2018
I was kind of forcibly brought up in an episcopalian household. I became an agnostic when I reached my teens and realized that religion wasn't worth my time in the long run. To an extent I still think that there's nothing wrong with religion or spirituality in particular, although I am not religious. To me, religion seems to be more metaphorical, people wanting something to believe in but not necessarily always believing in it wholeheartedly, teachings being more representative and less literal
Aug 21, 2017 12:54 PM

Mar 2008
swirlydragon said:

There is a shrine in Ajmer (city in India) called "Ajmer Sharif Dargah" where all these Sufis (who are Muslims) sing a bunch of songs and people give them money. Many bollywood actors, famous Indian politicians, public figures, etc also go there and put "chaadar" (a piece of cloth) on someone's grave (I don't know his name). There's also a huge well where people throw money and then the workers of that "Dargah" collect it. They also provide "Biryani" (a famous non-veg dish in India).
Of course I don't want you to come to my country since I do not trust Americans as I do not want my country to become the next Iraq, Sudan, Somalia, etc but I thought I should tell you this.
I only went there once with my cousin and our parents when I was a child.
Well the "Sufi Qawwali" (songs) and the lights were good, I guess.

You think id single handedly conquer the country with the most people on the planet when I don't even own a gun of a sword or a knife? hahahah I don't even kill insects. I don't consider myself American. I think of myself as a netizen and world dweller that is a citizen of the US and even was going to move out of country.

razor39999 said:
I like the oneness idea as presented in Hinduism, since it's also fairly similar to my favourite fictional mythology - The Elder Scrolls mythos.

It's in Buddhism and Jainism too
Aug 21, 2017 1:12 PM

Nov 2014
I'm not religious but I think religion in general is pretty cool and I admire anybody who has that much faith in anything.
Aug 22, 2017 6:58 AM

Mar 2017
traed said:
Zzzgog said:

I think Yarub is a sufi if I recall right.

That's not necisarily pantheism like.

The main point is sufis can claim to be both sufi and a particular sect of Islam like sunni or shia or whatever else.

Also there is this where it talks about non muslim sufis

"Indebted to both his Sufi heritage and the philosophical Vedanta/Shankara spirituality, Khan continued the deeply-rooted Indian tradition of spirituality over creed and the renaissance Indian notion of religious tolerance and openness. In the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries, spiritual leaders such as Kabir, Guru Nanak Dev, and the Mughal King Akbar and his Din-i-Ilahi founded a tradition in which the faithful, especially Hindus and Muslims, would crush their differences on the ideal of spiritual unity. Despite the advance of colonial English influences in the nineteenth century, Khan took this Mughal ideal on his mission to the West.

Hazrat Inayat Khan's decisive emphasis upon Spiritual Liberty in his teachings has resulted in many contemporary Westerners understanding that contemporary Islamic religious practices and Sufism are not inherently intertwined, although his followers continue to perform the traditional Islamic invocations of God (Dhikr) in the original Arabic as found in the Qur'an and the Prophetic traditions (Hadith). There is a historic precedent of certain Chishti masters (and masters of other orders) not requiring their non-Muslim followers to convert to Islam. The numbers of non-Muslim Sufis before the twentieth century, however, were relatively few"
http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Hazrat_Inayat_Khan

"The Chishti are perhaps best known for the welcome extended to seekers who belong to other religions. "
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chishti_Order

I mean sufism is both Islamic and not quite a sect of Islam at the same time because it is an aditional practice

Oh but it is. Wahdat Al wujood (literally unity of existence) is the belief that the universe and everything in it is a manifestation of god. I am the truth was interpreted as I am god, which is blasphemous. It is basically similar to spinoza's view on god. There is a competing theory, "Wahdat al shuhud", which separates god from his creation.

Chistis are a subsect of Sufism, so you can't define all of Sufism through them. Maybe you could find some sect that permits non muslims to join a sufi order, but a Sufi is a Muslim first. I guess you can chant and twirl, but there's no use if you don't believe in Allah.

Akbar created din I illahi for political reasons rather than spiritual or religious ones.
Aug 22, 2017 7:37 AM

Mar 2008
@Zzzgog

Yeah I know. I'm not saying that being a sufi makes someone not a Muslim just that it means although it's usually the case they arent necisarily Muslim. If that makes sense
Aug 22, 2017 7:48 AM

Mar 2017
traed said:
@Zzzgog

Yeah I know. I'm not saying that being a sufi makes someone not a Muslim just that it means although it's usually the case they arent necisarily Muslim. If that makes sense

It doesn't. I think of it like this - religions that are divided are very open to interpretation, because the teachings were not contradictory a 1000 years ago, but are now because of modern perspectives on morality.

Islam is not an exception. You can find justification for violent extremism along with spiritual mysticism. So Sufism may be considered as the manifestation of the noble things in Islam, and extremism a representation of violence in Islam. But it all stems from Islam.
Aug 22, 2017 8:36 AM

Jan 2015
Favourite religion would have to be Christianity (Protestant and Catholic) because I grew up in such a country and only have fond memories. My family is full of Christians of several branches and nobody has ever tried to force me to be a devout Christian and go to church. Even though I'm agnostic I still say two prayers before going to sleep because I am so used to it. When I was a child, whenever we went to church (less than 5 times a year lol) I always enjoyed it. Churches give off that peaceful and holy feeling.

I also like Greek polytheism, Egyptian&Norse mythology, European paganism and shintoism, but only on a superficial level.
Aug 22, 2017 9:17 AM

Mar 2014
Shintoism
Taoism
Confucianism
Buddhism
Pastafarianism
Greek mythology
Norse mythology
Jainism
Zoroastrianism
Cthulhu
Native American religions

Have I even thought about converting to any of those though? No, because I don't believe in a higher force.

Also, I will never consider putting any of the Abrahamic religions on that list because I find them to be especially full of shit, though I do think they've brought a few good things to this world.
Comic_SansAug 22, 2017 9:25 AM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Aug 22, 2017 12:01 PM

Mar 2008
Comic_Sans said:
Confucianism

WTF? but why? From what bits I know Confucianism is basically like Christianity with more focus on being basically a slave to your parents and the government with next to no free will of your own.
Aug 22, 2017 12:15 PM

Dec 2014
I was in love with the Greek Mithology when I was younger.

But I don't really have interested in any religion, because I can't believe it. Although I I'm sometimes interested in supernatural matters, despite of not really believing it.
Today they say you're crazy, tomorrow they will say you're a genious.
Aug 22, 2017 12:21 PM

Mar 2014
traed said:
WTF? but why? From what bits I know Confucianism is basically like Christianity with more focus on being basically a slave to your parents and the government with next to no free will of your own.
I like the Confucian conception of God and I find some of their other concepts and rites to be interesting. It's been a while since I read upon the subject though so maybe doing so again would make me have a chance of heart
Comic_SansAug 22, 2017 12:24 PM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Aug 22, 2017 12:46 PM

Jul 2015
I'm sort of an agnostic, but if really wanted to convert to a religion, then it would be Shinto, I just think that shrine maidens are so cool!
I've known some Mormons, they are nice, good people, so I respect Mormons.
Aug 23, 2017 7:27 AM

May 2010
traed said:
Comic_Sans said:
Confucianism

Says the leftist who thinks everyone should be a slave to the government...
"My only agenda is to eviscerate any who might try to rule over and control me"- Sousuke Aizen

"Maybe, just maybe, there is no purpose in life... but if you linger a while longer in this world, you might discover something of value in it"- Orochimaru

"All men are not created equal... both in birth and in upbringing, in sheer scope of ability, every human is inherently different"- Charles zi Britannia

We are the Contra Mundi. We serve the great inimical Goddess who in her own time will destroy the world. Tremble, reprobates, in fear of her pitiless gaze.
Aug 23, 2017 7:33 AM

May 2010
TheDeadApostle said:

Nevertheless, I was born and raised as a Muslim so I obviously lean strongly towards Islam. I somewhat like Catholicism too. It's very well structured, and their theology is great to study. Now if only they didn't threaten me with hell for not receiving God's blessings. Protestantism...not so much to be honest. I feel like many Protestants don't even know what they're protesting against.
Protestantism is just as committed to the doctrine of hell as Catholicism (the believing version, anyway), and Islam is even more so if anything. The Quran certainly talks about it more than the Bible, and from what I've heard, the Hadith do even more (although I haven't read them). Protestants are "protesting" against the Papacy and all the other made up doctrines of Rome that are no where in the Bible, such as purgatory, the "worship" (such that it is- debatable) of Mary and the Saints, Papal Infallibility, Purgatory, the perpetual virginity and bodily assumption of Mary, all kinds of stuff.
"My only agenda is to eviscerate any who might try to rule over and control me"- Sousuke Aizen

"Maybe, just maybe, there is no purpose in life... but if you linger a while longer in this world, you might discover something of value in it"- Orochimaru

"All men are not created equal... both in birth and in upbringing, in sheer scope of ability, every human is inherently different"- Charles zi Britannia

We are the Contra Mundi. We serve the great inimical Goddess who in her own time will destroy the world. Tremble, reprobates, in fear of her pitiless gaze.
Aug 23, 2017 7:45 AM

Mar 2008
byakugami said:
traed said:

Nope basically the opposite.. You're a bad troll. Give up.
Aug 23, 2017 8:16 AM

May 2010
traed said:
byakugami said:

Not everyone who values individual rights is troll.

Aug 23, 2017 8:17 AM

Apr 2013
I was born into a Pentecostal family until I realized God sucked and then I only began to worship the Metal Gods Dio and Chuck (R.I.P to both of em)

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Aug 23, 2017 9:03 AM

Dec 2014
traed said:
byakugami said:

Most people's property belongs to the state and you're not slaving them?

byakugami said:
traed said:

You're authoritarian, you believe in collective rights, not in individual rights.
Aug 23, 2017 9:21 AM

May 2010
Frag- said:
traed said:

byakugami said:
You're authoritarian, you believe in collective rights, not in individual rights.
This is simply false. I don't believe in collective rights. Where are you getting this?

Aug 23, 2017 9:46 AM

Dec 2014
byakugami said:
Frag- said:

This is simply false. I don't believe in collective rights. Where are you getting this?
Well, aren't you an authoritarian? That's always the impression I've got.
Pro-life, religious + what razor said.
Aug 23, 2017 9:55 AM

Jun 2015
Pretty sure that most just don't care.

Aug 23, 2017 10:45 AM
Jul 2018
razor39999 said:
Frag- said:
Well, aren't you an authoritarian? That's always the impression I've got.
Pro-life, religious + what razor said.

Yeah, I found the quote, it's quite the pinnacle of pro-human rights idealism, vote byakugami for next UN children's ambassador! /s

byakugami said:
The clitoris has zero practical use. It exists only for whoredom. Why not get rid of it?

The quote sounds trolly. By the same logic you could castrate boys, cause you don't want them having orgasms. Children grow up, it's a logic too stupid to be real. It's the modern age, you don't need a dick to conceive, just testes.
Aug 23, 2017 10:54 AM

Apr 2017
Like George Carlin said; I worship the sun
イカロス --I K A R O S D E S U-- "Hai master" <3cruise

Becoming the bell of my heart
dont click here, baka -->> https://soundcloud.com/franciscan-guitar
Aug 23, 2017 11:09 AM

Sep 2016
Does it really matter here? what important is that we all love drawn cute girls with huge eyes and tits :/

*Nailed it
Aug 23, 2017 11:24 AM
Jul 2018
razor39999 said:
Haittakari said:

The quote sounds trolly. By the same logic you could castrate boys, cause you don't want them having orgasms. Children grow up, it's a logic too stupid to be real. It's the modern age, you don't need a dick to conceive, just testes.
You can click on the quote, it will take you to the topic, and more of his quotes, you'll see that it most likely wasn't trolly and that he is definitely not someone to be taken seriously when he brings up anything regarding human rights.

I read the topic in full. I still think he comes off as a troll, but could also be a Poe situation so it's impossible to tell for sure
Aug 23, 2017 11:33 AM

May 2010
Why is it considered authoritarian to prevent parents from murdering their children, but not to prevent parents from "mutilating" (protecting) their children?

There's more I'd like to say on that topic, but I really don't want to get banned again...

I reject the authority of the state to imprison the individual for his speech, his drug use, or his use of prostitutes. I reject the authority of the state to exact tribute from the individual to pay for things he doesn't care about. I reject the authority of the state to forcibly disarm the individual through gun control.

I'm a pretty laissez faire guy. But I think we should draw the line at ripping innocent babies skulls apart so women can have more unprotected sex.

Aug 23, 2017 11:35 AM

May 2010
As for my religion, I gladly bow the knee to the authority of the Goddess. I am not a political authoritarian because I reject the authority of the state, run as it is not by an anointed caste, but by foolish reprobates who serve only their own lusts.

Aug 23, 2017 12:01 PM

Dec 2014
@byakugami You're punishing ONLY the woman because of their self defense against an unconcious invasor, so you're authoritarian.
Also.
Abortion = abortion
Murder = Murder

If you're conservative then you're more likely to be a collective.
Aug 23, 2017 12:23 PM

May 2010
If you think conservatives are more collectivist than leftists, we've reached a point where further discussion is pointless. Practically any conservative or any leftist would tell you that's ridiculous.

It is possible to oppose abortion on libertarian grounds (see Murray Rothbard, Ayn Rand, Walter Block, etc.) and I have some respect for that, but the vast majority of the time, when someone supports abortion, it's either because they're an abject feminist who thinks "women's rights" negate anyone else's rights, or because they've chosen to assume that fetuses aren't people, despite all the evidence. In my view, abortion is clearly morally indefensible in the overwhelming majority of cases, because the women chose to have sex, and the fetus didn't choose to come into existence.

Aug 23, 2017 12:25 PM

May 2010
razor39999 said:
But Frag, women are perverse, shouldn't feel sexual pleasure and only go through abortion because they want to have more unprotected sex and go through abortion again! I'm obviously not generalising based off personal biases or restricting anyone's rights by trying to make these glorious ideas widespread!
I don't think too many of them get pregnant in order to get abortions, but yeah, they kill their kids for sex. They could've easily chosen to do other things that don't have a possibility of leading to pregnancy, or, God forbid, practice chastity.

Aug 23, 2017 12:31 PM

Nov 2008
Atheist. And no.
Zeta_Riemann said:
I'm not religious but I think religion in general is pretty cool and I admire anybody who has that much faith in anything.
I don't admire them, but I usually don't deride them either.

Aug 23, 2017 12:47 PM

Mar 2008
@razor39999
Just stop responding to byakugami. He shits up a lot of threads with off topic ramblings and yes he was the pro genital mutilation guy
Aug 23, 2017 12:59 PM

May 2010
traed said:
@razor39999
Just stop responding to byakugami. He shits up a lot of threads with off topic ramblings and yes he was the pro genital mutilation guy
Your intolerance is astounding. I don't respect your opinions, but at least I'm capable of having a civil debate. Leftists always want to silence their opponents, but when they can't, they simply take their ball and go home.

Aug 23, 2017 1:06 PM

Jan 2017
Ikaros_42oh said:
Like George Carlin said; I worship the sun
i though you worship Ikaros

anyway i am christian and i never though about converting to any other religion .

and ps abortion is killing anyone saying otherwise is stupid .
becauae that kid that could've come to life if you didn't kill him/her will probably never be created again .
AkerakaaaaiAug 23, 2017 1:11 PM
Aug 23, 2017 1:23 PM

Dec 2014
byakugami said:
If you think conservatives are more collectivist than leftists, we've reached a point where further discussion is pointless. Practically any conservative or any leftist would tell you that's ridiculous.

It is possible to oppose abortion on libertarian grounds (see Murray Rothbard, Ayn Rand, Walter Block, etc.) and I have some respect for that, but the vast majority of the time, when someone supports abortion, it's either because they're an abject feminist who thinks "women's rights" negate anyone else's rights, or because they've chosen to assume that fetuses aren't people, despite all the evidence. In my view, abortion is clearly morally indefensible in the overwhelming majority of cases, because the women chose to have sex, and the fetus didn't choose to come into existence.
Both are collective.
Conservatives believe that the power of their group should be opposed to other groups, and not for the individual. So they're collective.

Feminism or not, you should not be telling people what they should do. You're not the one who consider when the life starts (also because it already started).
NO ONE chose to exist, It's the mother's choice, not yours.
Your views on abortion are mainly surpersitious, and not ethic/rational.
FragMentizedAug 23, 2017 1:28 PM
Aug 23, 2017 1:30 PM

May 2010
Frag- said:
byakugami said:

Both are collective.
Conservatives believe that the power of their group should be opposed to other groups, and not for the individual. So they're collective.

Feminism or not, you should not be telling people what they should do. You're not the one who consider when the life starts (also because it already started).
NO ONE chose to exist, It's the mother's choice, not yours.
Your views on abortion are mainly surpersitious, and not ethic/rational.
Why should you or anyone else be able to decide when life starts? At what age do you think people should be legally defended from being killed, and why is your opinion more valid than mine?

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» How do you know other people actually exist?

purple_rayn - 1 hour ago

1 by Hikinekomori »»
30 minutes ago

» What Are Your Thoughts On The Owl House?

Enderobot - 38 minutes ago

0 by Enderobot »»
38 minutes ago

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity?

DesuMaiden - 10 hours ago

19 by MalchikRepaid »»
59 minutes ago

» Do you post your own original artwork onto social media?

DesuMaiden - Apr 10

23 by Lost_Viking »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Do you live with regrets?

Lightskynight - 7 hours ago

11 by Lost_Viking »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.