Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 16, 2017 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty ordinary episode. It seems Kei really wants to meet his mother this episode.

There's not much supernatural content this time and I think it focuses more on developing Kei's character and story.
Stark700Aug 16, 2017 7:58 AM
Aug 16, 2017 7:57 AM

Nov 2007
The world starts to change through the memory. Abilities starts to disappear...

Short hair girl talking, who was bored until meeting him. It seems like that's what she remembers now. It seems like only he has two memories: when there's abilities, another is without abilities.

Since he doesn't have the problem with leaving = leaking about abilities, he's back to where he originally from. He met a little girl with similar meaning as his name (girl ver. of him?).

So he knows she doesn't have memory of him anymore, and tries to get her memory back through the photo.

It's kind of convenient to have a photo with that ability left, though (or probably because by leaving object with ability, it is useless to just get people forget about the abilities, which is Sakurai-san's character's miscalculation).

Reset done (not really remember exactly when because lots has happened in previous arc, but to last save before ability disappears).

Fight over abilities or not all over again next.
tsubasaloverAug 16, 2017 9:34 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 16, 2017 9:50 AM

Jun 2015
Kei's memories where abilities were gone was fake. He reunited with his mother, found out he had a sister, and discovered the reason behind his name. Misora was able to reset because she saw Kei crying. He made up his mind to control the abilities Sakurada.
Aug 16, 2017 10:04 AM

Mar 2016
This might be the best episode yet.
Aug 16, 2017 10:13 AM

Aug 2013
Damn, This was a depressing episode. I feel bad for Kei. He met his mother but she doesn't have any memory of him (I kinda felt that she knew Kei was her son, the power of a mother's love) and he didn't know he had a little sister. Sumire got rejected once again, so depressing.

Now Kei wants to control all the abilities of Sakurada. This is so good.

Aug 16, 2017 10:31 AM

Jul 2015
Pretty cool episode, times must be desperate if Mr.Iceman, aka Kei let his emotions lose!

It was interesting that we got a scene from the EP13, back then i was really confused but now it make sense im just wondering why the hell did they put it there?

Anyway looks like things are leading to MacGuffin again, cant w8 for the next episode!
Aug 16, 2017 10:41 AM
Feb 2016
The photos come into play again. It really is the hardest ability to get rid of since you'd need to get rid of every photo (Oka Eri had problems dealing with said ability before too).

Thanks to the photo in the cookie jar (although it's not shown, it's most likely left by Oka Eri while she was erasing Haruki's ability) Kei now has three days to figure out how the mass memory erasure took place and how to stop it from happening. (We know that he'll have to deal with Urachi's mom's ability somehow in order to do that.)
Aug 16, 2017 10:51 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Seeing Soma on the pier thing crying and then that scene where Kei met his mom and for the first time his little sister was pretty depressing :(

And that scene with Haruki in the photo gave me a bit of feels too TwT I really hope that they manage to save the town but I just feel like Soma is gonna lose regardless >.<
Aug 16, 2017 10:57 AM

Apr 2015
My favourite episode so far.

Poor Kei his own mother didn't recognize him.

5/5
Aug 16, 2017 11:11 AM
Jul 2012
Great episode but i'm getting a bit tired of seeing Soma getting rejected for Haruki.
Aug 16, 2017 11:24 AM

Jan 2015
The episode feels kind of "Plain" at first. But after Kei talk about that "Five-Minute Hypothesis" and said about his own memory, it start to feel interesting. Then comes when Kei using the Tree picture trying to get Haruki's memory back, which makes it more interesting.
And it's just part one of the... "Chapter".
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Aug 16, 2017 11:45 AM

Nov 2016
That was a pretty good prologue for the most likely best arc.

At first glance this episode appeared rather dull, but it was really dramatic.

Kinda tricky that Kei used the pictures again.

And he announced that he wants to become the "God" of all abilities in Sakurada.Epic.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 16, 2017 12:00 PM
Jul 2018
That apologizing part was pretty emotional, and so was the Haruki and Kei scene. Seems like Soma might die again in the next episode lol
Such a great episode ;;w;;
Aug 16, 2017 12:47 PM

Aug 2016
Getting tired of Best Girl being rejected.
I get that Haruki is probably a better fit for Kei. That's fine.
But what seemed unbelievably shitty was forcing Souma back into that version of reality after all that she had been through and how much her own ability caused her to suffer.

He used bringing back the abilities as an excuse to have Haruki reset so she didn't forget him is what it felt like.

Sure, Kei had it rough atoning for his own mistakes, but Souma is the most tragic character of this series bar none and it only gets worse for her every time she shows up. I'm not saying Kei had to date Souma regardless of his own feelings, but he could have at least considered the suffering she's been put through.

For the love of- he even acknowledges what he's doing to her by telling Haruki that he knows what he'll be "erasing". So peeved right now.
"To be Great is to be misunderstood." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
SaigoKensei said:
My mistake was assuming they had the same amount of information I had..
Aug 16, 2017 1:08 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Man, the end game of this series is really good.

That's the first time i've seen Kei cry and it was genuine. Misora immediately reset. That was fantastic if i may say so.
Aug 16, 2017 2:35 PM

Mar 2015
Mr. Exposition AKA Kei explaining the 5-minute hypothesis even though she knows about it. great episode, probably the best so far. once you start feeling everything is ruined with no way to reset forcing them to just fix stuff from that "new world", he manages to do it using the photo. even though i support haruki, i still feel sad for soma getting rejected again and that she will go back to her suffering that she's gone through all her life after she's finally found happiness (not after getting rejected. lol). the scene where he apologizes for his mom was really emotional. also, is it me or his little sister that should be 4 years old at most looks at least 6 or 7 on anime standards?
what i understood from the subs is that both Megumi and Kei use the same kanji. i guess he should be thankful he writes his name in hiragana instead of kanji or it'd have created a lot of problems with his sister.

soma sitting on a hotel balcony in the preview reminds me of Mal from Inception. does she commit suicide again?
Aug 16, 2017 3:26 PM

Jun 2012
Holy shit. That was amazing...I have no words.
So this is probably his last chance to make sure abilities aren't lost, and he's got like 2 days to do it.
Aug 16, 2017 3:37 PM

Feb 2016
wow that was quite an emotional Episode, so sad for Kei and for Soma too... (that mother scene was heartbreaking)

btw, I got a leaked Image of who Kei needs to stop in order to save Sakurada from being reset'd
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Aug 16, 2017 4:22 PM
Jul 2013
Sande said:
Thanks to the photo in the cookie jar (although it's not shown, it's most likely left by Oka Eri while she was erasing Haruki's ability)

Nope. Do you remember Kei put his favorite novel in the post by Some's order? The photo is in there. To get through the question "Do you have any other Sasano's photos?" by Urachi and Sakuin duo. Also Oka Eri didn't use her ability on Haruki because Kei asked her not to. I mean she could use the reset in this episode.
KamieichiAug 16, 2017 5:12 PM
Aug 16, 2017 4:30 PM

Jul 2009
SaigoKensei said:
Getting tired of Best Girl being rejected.
I get that Haruki is probably a better fit for Kei. That's fine.
But what seemed unbelievably shitty was forcing Souma back into that version of reality after all that she had been through and how much her own ability caused her to suffer.

He used bringing back the abilities as an excuse to have Haruki reset so she didn't forget him is what it felt like.

Sure, Kei had it rough atoning for his own mistakes, but Souma is the most tragic character of this series bar none and it only gets worse for her every time she shows up. I'm not saying Kei had to date Souma regardless of his own feelings, but he could have at least considered the suffering she's been put through.

For the love of- he even acknowledges what he's doing to her by telling Haruki that he knows what he'll be "erasing". So peeved right now.

LOL but that's exactly what you are saying. You must feel like Kei needs to reciprocate Souma's feelings (you even said you're tired of seeing the best girl get rejected lol)

he did consider her suffering. he was all sad and depressed when he found out. that's why he even decided to reply back to Haruki's msgs later cuz he was giving Souma his full attention.

Souma's story is definitely tragic and I feel for her but realize that at the end of the day she put herself through it. And she did it all for a crush that she knew would never be reciprocated. Feel bad, but no one did anything to her. Plus in a way him refusing to accept the ability-erase is paying homage to Souma. What's the point of her having done all that if he's not gonna follow his heart. He said it this episode himself, he was given the best gift by a girl (Souma). What's he supposed to do? Throw it all away?

Yes he's erasing her but only the blissfully ignorant "fake" her that gets to live a normal life. That version of her doesn't even know the extent to which she would go for him. It's a fake that NEEDs to be erased. Even if he erases her, she still exists. If a memory wipe is all it takes to make her able to live a normal happy life then here's a better solution that doesn't affect the whole town: leave Sakurada. The end. Sure she doesn't get the guy, but she's not getting him in that fake world either so...
InugirlzAug 16, 2017 4:33 PM
Aug 16, 2017 6:00 PM

Aug 2016
I'm just going to go ahead and put it out there that after rethinking the meaning behind Urachi's words, hypocritical as they may be, I've decided that Sakurada would be better off without abilities. Also that Kei and Haruki are now the antagonists, prolonging everyone's suffering and stagnation and preventing them from moving on and outgrowing their faults.

It occurred to me that everyone's abilities seemed to be connected to some mental/emotional misgiving that the characters had. So instead of bettering themselves, they use their abilities as a crutch to compensate for their misgivings in order to make life more livable for them the easy way.

It's been staring me in the face with Souma and it just suddenly dawned on me: These abilities have not once come across as inherently good. If you think about it, their abilities ultimately hinder their lives, much like the problems they have the abilities to compensate for.
SaigoKensei said:
Aug 16, 2017 6:36 PM

Jan 2016
Last arc = best arc imo
It's really great to finally see Kei let out all of his emotion and it's really sad to see him met with his mother even though she didn't remember him.
Finally they can do the reset and things will get more interesting
Aug 16, 2017 7:35 PM

Aug 2016
Inugirlz said:

LOL but that's exactly what you are saying. You must feel like Kei needs to reciprocate Souma's feelings (you even said you're tired of seeing the best girl get rejected lol)

I literally said that I didn't expect Kei to end up with Souma.

But I can agree with most of what you've said. The point is that she's been miserable because of her abilities moreso than she's been miserable trying to get Kei to love her. She finally had the chance to be human (rather than an android acting out her role) and Kei said "fuck it" anyway. Because he was literally the only person aware of what happened. For all he knew, his memories were the false ones.

That was my main point in posting.
SaigoKensei said:
Aug 16, 2017 10:52 PM
May 2015
I've been waiting for this since the last time...

When I saw the scene, I thought "The FIRST RULEEEE!!!"

Then, "THANK GOD!!!!!!"

This IS the BEST Episode YET!!!!
Aug 17, 2017 1:03 AM
Jul 2018
Oh wow, the first episode of the last arc is actually pretty intense to me.
Aug 17, 2017 1:24 AM

Mar 2013
I really don't like how fate doesn't allow Soma to have a happy ending :(
WHY. THE. HECK. HE. REJECTED. THE. BEST. GIRL. FOR. HARUKI?! That I can't comprehend :c

Kei reuniting with his mother was emotional. And sad in it's own way :(

And why the heck is this preview giving me another ominous vibes?! I just hope Soma doesn't disappear this time around T_T
Aug 17, 2017 1:24 AM

Jan 2013
Fantastic episode, It's really coming together. Super clever.
Aug 17, 2017 3:30 AM

Jul 2014
This inititally felt like a slower episode with the whole memory wipe thing, but it ended up coming together really well to start this final arc in the right way. It was nice to see Kei really let his emotions show for once, and it feels like it's been a long while since the reset ability was last used. The next challenge is to somehow deal with Urachi, and it'll be interesting to see how that goes.
Aug 17, 2017 4:21 AM

Dec 2013
Wait... how is it that just by going into that picutre, Haruki's memories of their original reality, as well as the recollection of how she uses her abilities, restored? Does this mean that every time a person who has been forcibly made to forget something goes into one of those pictures, they'll be able to remember everything just like that?
This is so confusing....

Not to mention they never explained just how this complete city memory wipe was done. If an ability user was able to have such a dangerous ability, wouldn't they be forced to confine this person somewhere, somehow, to prevent this person from utilizing said ability?

Wish someone could properly explain the mechanics of these abilities, not to mention just how it is that Kei would know how this would work, and that he would be able to restore Haruki's memories as well...

The only thing i like about this semi-deus ex solution is that we may well get to see Masamune forced to kill someone in order to reach his objective. Seeing him desperately trying to prevent Kei from hindering his plans will be fun to watch.
L-RyoshiAug 17, 2017 4:25 AM
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 17, 2017 6:13 AM

Aug 2015
That violin track wasn't bad. Now I hope it'll get a OST.

L-Ryoshi said:
Wait... how is it that just by going into that picutre, Haruki's memories of their original reality, as well as the recollection of how she uses her abilities, restored? Does this mean that every time a person who has been forcibly made to forget something goes into one of those pictures, they'll be able to remember everything just like that?
This is so confusing....

Not to mention they never explained just how this complete city memory wipe was done. If an ability user was able to have such a dangerous ability, wouldn't they be forced to confine this person somewhere, somehow, to prevent this person from utilizing said ability?

Wish someone could properly explain the mechanics of these abilities, not to mention just how it is that Kei would know how this would work, and that he would be able to restore Haruki's memories as well...

The only thing i like about this semi-deus ex solution is that we may well get to see Masamune forced to kill someone in order to reach his objective. Seeing him desperately trying to prevent Kei from hindering his plans will be fun to watch.

Hm I'm not sure but the guy from the bureau can revert things to a past state right? So you would have your memories reset also to a past state, then Oka Eri makes you forget about your ability thus "sealing" it by technicality. Assumng your ability works in your "world" or "space", if you enter a fake one created by a prior ability then your memories would return to you --only in that place anyway.
SirLezardAug 17, 2017 6:22 AM
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Aug 17, 2017 8:03 AM

Jul 2009
SaigoKensei said:
Inugirlz said:

But I can agree with most of what you've said. The point is that she's been miserable because of her abilities moreso than she's been miserable trying to get Kei to love her. She finally had the chance to be human (rather than an android acting out her role) and Kei said "fuck it" anyway. Because he was literally the only person aware of what happened. For all he knew, his memories were the false ones.

Pardon me for being unclear, but I was referring to this sentence you said: "I'm not saying Kei had to date Souma regardless of his own feelings."

Yes you were not outright saying he has to date/return Souma's feelings but the rest of your post was a big complaint as to why he should (presumably because Souma is best girl in your eyes). So that sentence came off as pretty weak.
Aug 17, 2017 8:51 AM

Jul 2016
This episode is definitely starting a bigger event than the previous arcs did. The anime has started having the characters show a little more emotion in these past through episodes. The emotion is helping the show flow a little more smoothly. I cannot wait to see how everything involving the ability controlling plays out.

Aug 17, 2017 9:12 AM

Aug 2013
Top 5 anime of this year for me. It's incredible. This is exactly what I'm looking for in anime.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Aug 17, 2017 10:05 AM

Aug 2016
L-Ryoshi said:
This is so confusing....

Yeah, that bit about the picture and Haruki's memories makes no sense given what we know. Kei would have to have been risking it and hoping it would work.

With the memory rewrite/ability wipe, if we consider the fact that the abilities of Urachi's parents (which were shown in a flashback story by the first witch) were the reason abilities exist in Sakurada and only Sakurada, the fact that he was unfreezing them is likely the cause of the event. They didn't show us on purpose to make it better storytelling when Kei just suddenly "forgets".
SaigoKensei said:
Aug 17, 2017 10:13 AM

Aug 2016
Inugirlz said:
SaigoKensei said:

Pardon me for being unclear, but I was referring to this sentence you said: "I'm not saying Kei had to date Souma regardless of his own feelings."

Yes you were not outright saying he has to date/return Souma's feelings but the rest of your post was a big complaint as to why he should (presumably because Souma is best girl in your eyes). So that sentence came off as pretty weak.

Your lack of comprehension is triggering me. I was talking about his taking her normal life away more than I was talking about this romantic side-story.

Her problem is her ability, not her relationship with Kei. Her problem, everyone's problem, is not being able to have a normal life because of Kei selfish decisions he's been making with his God complex.
SaigoKensei said:
Aug 17, 2017 11:57 AM
Mar 2016
L-Ryoshi said:
This is so confusing....

Haruki didn't remember Kei and the memories which Urachi made disappear with his ability, she just remembered that she has an ability and that she used it before when she saw someone crying. The reason why she could remember this things are because in that old picture the barrier created by Urachi's mom is still there, unlike in the real world. In the last episode they showed that Urachi woke up his mom and he used Ukawa's Ability, which can erase someone's ability, on his mom and so the barrier in Sakurada disappeared and all the people, besides Kei, forgot about their abilities and had fake Memories implanted in them.
It all makes sense when you think about it.
Aug 17, 2017 9:12 PM
Jul 2017
SaigoKensei said:
L-Ryoshi said:
This is so confusing....

Yeah, that bit about the picture and Haruki's memories makes no sense given what we know. Kei would have to have been risking it and hoping it would work.

With the memory rewrite/ability wipe, if we consider the fact that the abilities of Urachi's parents (which were shown in a flashback story by the first witch) were the reason abilities exist in Sakurada and only Sakurada, the fact that he was unfreezing them is likely the cause of the event. They didn't show us on purpose to make it better storytelling when Kei just suddenly "forgets".

I think the "world" created by the picture retains every property of that part of the world at the time the picture was taken. Which means the property that every person in Sakurada remembers his/her ability is still there, but only on the inside of the picture. It is risky, but considering the situation, I think Kei was willing to take the risk.
Aug 17, 2017 9:48 PM

Aug 2016
anonimus_opinion said:
SaigoKensei said:

I think the "world" created by the picture retains every property of that part of the world at the time the picture was taken. Which means the property that every person in Sakurada remembers his/her ability is still there, but only on the inside of the picture. It is risky, but considering the situation, I think Kei was willing to take the risk.

That's actually a very logical explanation and really sounds like something Kei would have probably come up with on his own.
Thanks for taking that bit to explain it to us. It makes sense!

There's a plot hole in the fact that the picture is basically an ability itself and it still somehow existed in a world where abilities did not.
But I guess they had to give Kei SOMETHING to try. Even though my stance is that Sakurada would be better off without abilities...
SaigoKenseiAug 17, 2017 9:52 PM
SaigoKensei said:
Aug 17, 2017 9:59 PM

Aug 2016
AlbitoSeijuro said:
L-Ryoshi said:
This is so confusing....

Haruki didn't remember Kei and the memories which Urachi made disappear with his ability, she just remembered that she has an ability and that she used it before when she saw someone crying. The reason why she could remember this things are because in that old picture the barrier created by Urachi's mom is still there, unlike in the real world. In the last episode they showed that Urachi woke up his mom and he used Ukawa's Ability, which can erase someone's ability, on his mom and so the barrier in Sakurada disappeared and all the people, besides Kei, forgot about their abilities and had fake Memories implanted in them.

This episode basically created some plot holes in order for it to go the direction it did, but it does make sense.

I don't get why Haruki was still rewound after abilities had been removed, but that's explainable as things could have easily been set in stone as they were when the abilities had been removed.

The most problematic.. problem.. is the picture. In that world, nothing should have happened when they tore it in half. It's an ability and abilities should have been gone at that point. Period.
SaigoKensei said:
Aug 17, 2017 11:00 PM
Jul 2013
Abilities still exist even after the world change. It's just the information of them is lost from memories of people all over the world because of Urachi's father's ability.
Aug 18, 2017 5:18 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm so this rain is one that causes everyone in the town to lose their abilities eh. But for Kei this must be even more painful. Really feels like its their defeat at this point though. Now without abilities Kei and Souma revert to being normal high school students eh. Souma without abilities sure does look like a happy girl actually. Kei's first move is to regroup with Haruki eh. Gonna take a lot to convince her i think. Its nice that Kei's memories haven't been rewritten. The director of the zoo sounds like a fun job. But its normal to have many dreams at that age i guess. I guess doing repetitive things can make life pretty boring but to think that can be applied to going to school as well. Hmm so Kei was the one that changed this outlook of Souma's eh. Using a hypothesis to help start the counterattack eh. Seeing a normal souma must hurt for Kei though since this version isn't the true one. Yes sadly it means that Souma was rejected again. So kei also had memories of his childhood returned to him as well eh. The name Megumi sure has a lot of meanings to it. No matter the mistake your parents will always forgive you if you apologise to them correctly after all you are their pride and joy. Still that scene where Kei practiced was pretty nice.

It must hurt for Haruki to not recognize Kei despite everything that they been through together. Using the previous text as a starting point was a good move. I really feel sorry for Souma though as every time she loses to Haruki. So the photo and its abilities still work eh. So that photo was taken before the reset and hense at this point in time abilities still existed. They key problem here that they have to face is trust as though Haruki remembers her abilities the trust that she has in Kei hasn't come back yet. So that woman and child that he met was actually his mother and sister that had forgotten about him eh. Admitting his own weaknesses both as a means to express his feelings and as a means to convince Haruki was a interesting move. Its nice that in the end Kei was able to convince Haruki to reset. So Kei intends to control all of the abilities rather than let them vanish eh. I do feel that letting such useful abilities vanish will be a waste so i agree with his path. The endgame is finally here.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 19, 2017 1:17 AM

May 2017
Called it~

Ep19 thread #27

World_Creator said:

It's actually pretty easy, Kei will just have to make Haruki trust him again like what he did in episode 1, that'll be easy for Kei even more so now coz she knows Haruki too well now at this point. From then a simple reset will also revert the reverted Haruki coz she ain't like that 3 days ago

the use of ability continues to empress me, didn't expect he'll use one of the old man's photos again, Kei's so smart and efficient

Aug 19, 2017 2:26 PM

Feb 2009
SaigoKensei said:
I'm just going to go ahead and put it out there that after rethinking the meaning behind Urachi's words, hypocritical as they may be, I've decided that Sakurada would be better off without abilities. Also that Kei and Haruki are now the antagonists, prolonging everyone's suffering and stagnation and preventing them from moving on and outgrowing their faults.

It occurred to me that everyone's abilities seemed to be connected to some mental/emotional misgiving that the characters had. So instead of bettering themselves, they use their abilities as a crutch to compensate for their misgivings in order to make life more livable for them the easy way.

It's been staring me in the face with Souma and it just suddenly dawned on me: These abilities have not once come across as inherently good. If you think about it, their abilities ultimately hinder their lives, much like the problems they have the abilities to compensate for.

This. Urachi really has the right idea and just because Kei "likes" Sakurada having abilities everyone has to suffer forever, ughh.

Aug 19, 2017 8:26 PM
Mar 2016
SaigoKensei said:
AlbitoSeijuro said:

This episode basically created some plot holes in order for it to go the direction it did, but it does make sense.

I don't get why Haruki was still rewound after abilities had been removed, but that's explainable as things could have easily been set in stone as they were when the abilities had been removed.

The most problematic.. problem.. is the picture. In that world, nothing should have happened when they tore it in half. It's an ability and abilities should have been gone at that point. Period.

Like I said: No, it's not a Plothole. They never removed the abilities of the people, they just took their memories because they took down the barrier which was created by Urachi's mom around Sakurada to prevent that. (Episode 17) And in the picture world, the barrier is still there, so it makes sense for Haruki to remember just her ability.

And about the picture; It was clearly stated around Episode 7-9 that even if the old man couldn't use his ability anymore, if he takes the pictures, everyone can use it by cutting them in half.
Aug 19, 2017 9:24 PM

Aug 2016
AlbitoSeijuro said:
SaigoKensei said:

Like I said: No, it's not a Plothole. They never removed the abilities of the people, they just took their memories because they took down the barrier which was created by Urachi's mom around Sakurada to prevent that. (Episode 17) And in the picture world, the barrier is still there, so it makes sense for Haruki to remember just her ability.

And about the picture; It was clearly stated around Episode 7-9 that even if the old man couldn't use his ability anymore, if he takes the pictures, everyone can use it by cutting them in half.

Actually, no.
It was only stated that Oka Eri didn't know what his actual ability was in order to make him forget it. She erased a memory that had nothing to do with his actual ability, so of course the ability was still working at the time. His ability is tied to the picture and his ability activates when tearing it. So really, it should have stopped working when he eloped with the First Witch.

They haven't shown any other instance of an ability still going once they leave the barrier. So I'd even question if that little girl that was created by an ability would have continued to exist had her "mother" left. But Kei stopped her, so we couldn't know. But, seeing as the old man left before Souma's swampman was brought out of the picture, we can INFER that his ability keeps working for some reason. It hasn't been STATED.
SaigoKensei said:
Aug 21, 2017 6:35 PM

Nov 2013
and this is why i didn't drop the anime at start...even tho it was kinda boring and lots of people dropped, i *knew* it had a great potential, and this 2nd half is going great =D

damn the "new world" is interesting, kinda like going back to the past...and the conversation with soma kinda explained it
nice to see megumi call kei onii-chan even tho she doesn't know him =D and that was an emotional apologize
i like how haruki just left the house and went with kei lmao like she said "i have no reason to" but she went anyway =D

"if i see someone crying i reset", yay back to the old world =D
now, let the last quest begin
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Aug 22, 2017 12:19 AM

Sep 2015
Alright, I watched this yesterday but just thinking about the complexity in this episode gave me chill.

In Masamune's mind, he plans to stop people from using their abilities and still wants the town to exist in a normal way. In order to do this without any possible interruption, he needs to:

1. Destroy the barrier so that people inside Sagrada forget how to use their abilities, in addition to memory alteration of everybody in the world.
  2. Revert Haruki up to the point that she has never meet Kei before. This is to make sure that Haruki has no reason to listen to Kei since he is a complete stranger now.
  3. Steal Haruki's ability through Oka Eri. This is a precaution step to make sure that Haruki can't use her ability even if she remembers how to use it.

Of course, Kei is smart enough to convince Oka Eri not to steal Haruki's ability beforehand; thus Haruki can reset but still forgot how to do it. Therefore, Kei brought Haruki into the photo realm that still has the barrier intact, resulting in Haruki remembers how to reset. When Kei asked her to reset, she is confused because she has no reason to do so unless she saw someone cries. Then, the emotional stuff happened and she reset.

Overall, a carefully thought out and thought-provoking episode.
Truth is absolute but human perception of truth is always relative.
Aug 22, 2017 3:17 PM
Aug 2017
This episode was okay, and it was cool to see better more of Kei, to fight for what HE wants and not what just he thinks it's right to do.

It was hurtful to see him cry too... His beloved one didn't remember him, it was hard...
I felt like he rejected Sumire, but he rejected her because he knew it was still the swampman and not the real Sumire ? it seems like she was gonna kill herself again, or like there was no issue for her to be happy with him... this anime makes me really ...nauseous lol.
Aug 28, 2017 1:10 PM
Jan 2017
Someone can explain me how they ended with the abilities? Or this wasn´t explained yet?
Oct 20, 2017 2:30 AM

Jan 2014
the rain is the trigger of dissapeared abilities. everyone forget, except Kei.

so Kei built up his own sadness by talking to Soma, visit his own family and discover the meaning of his name, and then let it go when he's with Haruki, because he know making Haruki see a person who cry would trigger her Reset, all done in photograph world.

Kei method to reset are as I predicted it would be, by crying in front of her. good job. well played.

satoru123 said:
Someone can explain me how they ended with the abilities? Or this wasn´t explained yet?

only Kei who remain with abilities after all people in Sakurada lost theirs. Kei give a photo from photograph world guy to Haruki before he met Urachi, in case of emergency.

the message "I'm sorry" from Haruki that night means she's been visited by the Bureau. that's why Kei know that Haruki has been reverted to the old version of her.

like I said before, Kei built up his own sadness by talking with Soma, visit his own mother and ask the meaning of his name, then comeback and bring Haruki to the photograph world.
when they enter photograph world, the memories are coming back to haruki, giving her abilities back when she's inside the photo. then, Kei cried in front of her to trigger Haruki reset, since Haruki still can't trust Kei that moment.

after haruki reset, they go back the 3 days ago like at the end of the episode.

I'm sorry if my explanation are bad, but that's what I get from watching this episode. hope you understand.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2017

44 by Rob7 »»
Mar 28, 2:58 PM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2017

63 by Rob7 »»
Mar 27, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2017

59 by StateofOhayo »»
Mar 26, 1:30 AM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2017

77 by StateofOhayo »»
Mar 22, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2017

116 by Bortolo63 »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.