Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 16, 2017 7:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, I feel bad for Sakura getting involved in this a lot more now.
The part where she realizes there's a stalker following her made it creepy.

I'm glad to see Ayanokoji and Horikita making some good out of all this drama though. I don't think they realize it but they can make a good team when working on the same page.
Aug 16, 2017 8:45 AM
Apr 2015
First part of the dark past of Ayanokoji.

Damn his face in the end thou. Thing got dark pretty fast.
Aug 16, 2017 8:57 AM

Sep 2016
FUCK YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Aug 16, 2017 9:12 AM

Jul 2014
1 word to describe this episode...
DAMN....
That last part tho ''I'll help you rank up to class A.. but dont investigate me'' with the BGM suddenly going off (even the raindrops stopped making sounds) and straight on his eyes... Jesus the chills (and a lot thought this guy was like Hiki... hell nah, Hikki aint badass)

No Kushida this episode, and a lot of Horikita.
Sakura almost got raped, cashier guy was a sore loser, the moment Sakura told him off he went ''you ugly! ugly ugly ugly!''
That moment when Ayanokoji held cashier guy's shoulders and told him ''your life's over (not exactly his life, but his society life)'' was great, for a second I thought he was gonna sucker punch the guy.

Well played Ayanokoji... you literally played everyone, and Im sure you'll continue to play all of them.

AOTS right here. Anyone knows how many eps this gets?
-StrayAug 16, 2017 9:20 AM
Aug 16, 2017 9:39 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Poor Sakura had such a shitty experience :(

Thankfully Ayanokoji came to the rescue and REKT that freak just like how he REKT those damn bullies on that Class C asshole's payroll (That was freaking awesome)

But man I wish that this episode didn't end....I wanna know more about Ayanokoji's backstory so badly right now >.< That final scene sent chills down my spine especially when we saw that brief glimpse of his past.....This guy is hardcore

Overall, another pretty good episode and I kinda ship best girl Sakura with Ayanokoji now lol
Aug 16, 2017 9:40 AM

Aug 2013
Horikita and Ayanokoji managed to save to the class. But I felt bad for Sakura, that employee was assaulted her. Well his life is over now thanks to Ayanokoji.

That ending, Ayanokoji's face went dark real quick. After seeing a glimpse of his past, I just want to learn more.

Aug 16, 2017 9:49 AM
Jul 2018
That sudden flashback blew me away, and it looked like they were in some sort of lab or facility. My guess is that Ayanokoji wants to help Horikita and others after being a bystander as shown in his past. Suddenly 7 days feels like 70, can't wait for the next ep!
removed-userAug 16, 2017 10:28 AM
Aug 16, 2017 9:59 AM

Apr 2010
Easily my AOTS, AOTY so far.

The last half was just so intense, crazy.
Aug 16, 2017 10:04 AM
Aug 2017
Wow, in 24 minutes they solved most of the Class D's personal problems: Sudo's framing (which was a good time for Horikita to show she can also come up with real shit, seriously, i liked how they made them think their actions had been filmed and the reason they came up to explain why they didn't take part in the decision kinda reminded me to Danganronpa, where despite being cameras everywhere, they aren't used as evidence, for obvious reasons) and Sakura's shyness, leading to a fresh character development and problems with the cashier (who was a complete idiot, btw, definitely deserved it). Not only that, we finally get a glimpse of Akanokouji's past, which almost explains why he seems like he doesn't give a fuck.
In conclusion, it was a really great episode, i hope we get to see Ayanokouji's past in more detail and how does he cope with those thugs from Class C
WILL YOU STOP WHINING!?
No I don't understand! You snap at people, you're scary, you tried to eat me, but you're also kind and you're filled with life!
You gave me a name when I was a number, you gave me that compass, you taught me what it means to be alive!
That's why I care about you Velvet! I'll protect you for my own sake. I don't care if you're malevolent, or if it was pointless! If it's a mistake to love you, then I"ll fight the whole world! A world without you, Velvet, is the one thing I couldn't bear!
Eat my arm, just leave me the other one! I need it to clobber the jerk who made my Velvet cry!
-Laphicet, Tales of Berseria

Aug 16, 2017 10:09 AM
Dec 2016
It's pretty hard to find a show like this..when the guy gets more likes than heroine..Of course, Ayanokouji-kun deserved it!

When the anime passes the LN translation..i assume that this's just near the end of vol.2?

And we get Sakura, aka the first heroine candidate for MC. xD

Glad that this 'Danganronpa' arc's ending now...

The ending's quite dark, just like anime itself. This show needs 'psychological' > 'romance' but if they can balance it together..that'll be nice!

Want to know more about the backstory of him in facility/lab that looks like coming from Assasination Classroom :O (with the same studio!!)

Lerche always colour the eye of every badass MC...like that glowing in the dark eye so much ;P
CreateMaxAug 16, 2017 10:13 AM
Aug 16, 2017 10:18 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

Totally loved how Horikita and Ayanakoji setup those C class punks and completely wrecked them in that confrontation. Glad the Sudo stuff is cleared up now.

Was really hard to watch the part where that guy assaulted Sakura, I loved how Ayanakoji just walked up behind and totally wrecked that guy by saying his life was over.

The conversation with the teacher shrouds Ayanakoji in even more mystery, I have no clue what his motivations or goals are in this entire ordeal where he seems to be playing everyone. Really wanna learn more about his backstory.

That last scene where he said don't pry into my life was badass.
Aug 16, 2017 10:19 AM
Jul 2018
People who've read the LN, at what pace are they adapting the source material? i've heard some say they may adapt up to vol 5 at the current rate
Aug 16, 2017 10:23 AM

Jun 2015
Horikita and Ayanokoji managed to save to their class. The guys from Class C withdrew their complaint. Poor Sakura, getting assaulted by the store clerk. His life is over now thanks to Ayanokoji. That guy was pathetic. Ayanokoji's face went dark real quick at the end. He doesn't his life to be pried. Got to see a glimpse of his past. I want to know more about him.
Aug 16, 2017 10:24 AM

Jan 2014
-Stray said:
1 word to describe this episode...
DAMN....
That last part tho ''I'll help you rank up to class A.. but dont investigate me'' with the BGM suddenly going off (even the raindrops stopped making sounds) and straight on his eyes... Jesus the chills (and a lot thought this guy was like Hiki... hell nah, Hikki aint badass)

No Kushida this episode, and a lot of Horikita.
Sakura almost got raped, cashier guy was a sore loser, the moment Sakura told him off he went ''you ugly! ugly ugly ugly!''
That moment when Ayanokoji held cashier guy's shoulders and told him ''your life's over (not exactly his life, but his society life)'' was great, for a second I thought he was gonna sucker punch the guy.

Well played Ayanokoji... you literally played everyone, and Im sure you'll continue to play all of them.

I wouldn't say he is "badass"... he is just really emotionally detached - the real question is was he always like this or is it because of his past? Does he secretly agree and actually enjoy the mentality of survival of the fittest implemented in his childhood? I feel like he has his own reasons for getting "Class A" status. The ending scene where he gave her that look gave me the vibe of "Get in my way, and I'll crush you." He really doesn't care about her at all, or at least that's the impression I got.

Edit: When I say he is really emotionally detached, I mean that in the sense that he is a monster. Usually, people that are emotionally detached are depressed and/or want to change deep down. But his detachment doesn't make him feel that. He is truly numb. He is either scarred mentally OR he was always a monster. For example, Hachiman was detached, but he also wanted something genuine. Ayanokoji is different because he most likely feels no remorse, etc. A true "sociopath" by definition. Again, this is merely the impression I got.
ZelevAug 16, 2017 10:34 AM

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Aug 16, 2017 10:25 AM

Jul 2015
Ayanokoji is an intelligent, cold and calculating bastard. The teacher and the student council president already saw through him.

Horikita's pride, however, may have suffered a fatal blow by noticing she was played. Don't mess with Ayanokoji.

Aug 16, 2017 10:33 AM

Sep 2015
He is realy Yuuji with more emotion (?) when Yuuji go to "normal" school
Into the Internet!
Aug 16, 2017 10:35 AM
Jul 2017
This show keeps having great cliffhangers. Can't wait to know what's up with Ayanokoji's past and why he's like that now.
Aug 16, 2017 10:39 AM
Apr 2014
Men, just because u were poor. U cant tax a girl to buy a pair of camera. Welldone, or i should say chou chou well done. Damn it, he's simply a puppet master. Even horikita realized being "directed" by.

"Dont pry into my life" But yeah,i cant disagree, i hate the most someone's like that. i respect koji very much now, he knows where he stands, as a "friend". and he havent told a single lie yet.

Actually i wanted he remained low profiled until late episode, well it was fine . Since it was only horikita.

So far, i could only tell that the romance part is definitely not the main focus. Only sakura that already had a fair development. and that was the best part, i dont like romance tbh.

i feel really sorry for those who cant find this series as a nice catch. Things just got started
Aug 16, 2017 10:42 AM
Jul 2017
How is this show so underrated, that ending was just so perfect. I really like how they presented the other leaders of the other classes, they give off a mafia vibe. Only thing I don't like is the wait for next weeks episode. It leaves me with anticipation and empty void at the same time
Aug 16, 2017 10:43 AM

Nov 2014
So we got the first flashback into his life. What could he be?
Hi there
Aug 16, 2017 10:45 AM

Nov 2014
ZBlastHistory said:
Aug 16, 2017 10:51 AM
Jan 2017
i like how they make intense ending which makes you waiting inpatient to the next episode

this anime episodes are still unknown it would be awesome if its 25/26 episodes instead of 12/13 (i dont know how much the novel have gone so far)
Aug 16, 2017 10:51 AM

Feb 2016
best episode so far! Ayanokouji went full savage at the end, "Don't mess with my life" that sure gave the hype, I'm really curious about this dude past :o
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Aug 16, 2017 10:52 AM

Feb 2016
LelouchXLuluko said:
ZBlastHistory said:

are you talking about
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Aug 16, 2017 10:54 AM
Apr 2012
Holy fuck, this show is much much darker than I expected. Wow this episode really changed my perspective...Great episode.

And Ayanokoji's plan was to let Horikita come up with that plan? That is genius to be able to do that. And his past, looks like this show will have potential to get violent and psychological.
Aug 16, 2017 10:57 AM
Jul 2017
Otaku4ever10 said:
i like how they make intense ending which makes you waiting inpatient to the next episode

this anime episodes are still unknown it would be awesome if its 25/26 episodes instead of 12/13 (i dont know how much the novel have gone so far)

The light novel has 6 Volumes( i read the LN ) for me its gonna adapt until Volume 4 final ( for 12 episodes its enought ).
Aug 16, 2017 10:59 AM
Jul 2018
Otaku4ever10 said:

They're on vol. 6 so far, so it's unfortunately impossible that it can go beyond 12 eps
Aug 16, 2017 11:04 AM
Dec 2016
Cliff hanger makes me want to hang myself on a rope because it was so dope. I'm gonna stop before I flop over my bad raps but till I collapse you'll have to put up with it and it's gonna be lit. I'll stop for real but good episode
Aug 16, 2017 11:11 AM
Mar 2014
RasenTenshou said:
People who've read the LN, at what pace are they adapting the source material? i've heard some say they may adapt up to vol 5 at the current rate

They are adapting 3 Anime episode per 1 LN Volume.
Assuming a total of 12 episodes, Lerche have two ways to go around this:
1. 3 episode for volume 3 and 3 episode for volume 4
2. 5 or 6 episode for volume 3 and maybe 1 episode for an anime only closing episode

Lerche will most likely goes with option 1, but most LN fans will definitely want option 2.
Volume 3 is just too good to be rushed with 3 episodes....
Aug 16, 2017 11:18 AM
Jun 2016
Guys, where can I read the LN ? Is there any English source, or my only option is Japanese ?
Aug 16, 2017 11:19 AM

Mar 2017
I liked this episode very much and im interested in Ayanokoji's past and his goals.
He is up there with Tatsuya,Hachiman,Oreki and maybe Hei.
Also i think that the teacher knows something about him or maybe shes seen through him.
Aug 16, 2017 11:40 AM

Aug 2013
why oh why in these situations the girls run into an empty alley? stay in crowded places even when u panic you should be able to make this decision.

Anyway the best was definitely when he saved her 'Your life is over now' just casually saying that :D

The end was interesting-
Aug 16, 2017 11:41 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
classroom of the elite?

pfft..

classroom of the fine ass girls...
Aug 16, 2017 11:45 AM

Apr 2015
Dark past? Hmm interesting.

Feel bad for Sakura, she had such a bad experience.

3/5
Aug 16, 2017 11:51 AM

Sep 2014
Really should let this one pile up. Watching it weakly is annoying.
Aug 16, 2017 11:53 AM
Mar 2017
I wonder why no one is discussing the meeting between class c and class a. There's obviously something going down with those two and the obvious route would be to alliance to take down d and b. Alrhough since Ayanokoji has friends in class b, it'll probably end up witth an inter-class war. And what their teacher said about Ayanokoji being the most defective among class d, I wonder where that's gonna go. Just something to think about at the dinner table.
Aug 16, 2017 11:53 AM

Sep 2016
I'm even more interested in this anime after watching that last part..(I wonder If he was part of some special experiment or something) "I'll help you get into A Class.. But don't pry into my life" Oh Sh*t...(O.O)
SenpieXAug 16, 2017 11:57 AM
Aug 16, 2017 12:09 PM

Jun 2014
Finally they took down those Class C losers. However, it looks like Class C isn't backing down yet based on their meeting with the girl with the cane.

I knew that creep from the camera store was the one stalking Sakura. Thankfully Ayanokoji showed up and basically ruined that guy's life.

The end of the episode though, holy shit. The mystery behind Ayanokoji and who he is has been teased quite frequently, but now I really want to learn more about him. That look that he gave Horikita was scary, he clearly isn't fucking around with maintaining his privacy.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 16, 2017 12:17 PM
Jan 2017
Well, it's good to see the false accusation story and Sakura's character arc off to a satisfying conclusion. That attempted rape wouldn't feel out of place in a police procedural. I have mixed feelings with Kiyotaka's secret backstory, but hopefully, the series will handle it in an enjoyable way.
Aug 16, 2017 12:19 PM

Sep 2015
EcchiKingMamster said:
classroom of the elite?

pfft..

Classroom of the elite booty
Into the Internet!
Aug 16, 2017 12:21 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
ZBlastHistory said:
EcchiKingMamster said:
classroom of the elite?

pfft..

haven't' really been any good ass shots, and the boob shots are pretty subtle :(
Aug 16, 2017 12:25 PM

Aug 2013
eh... seems like Ayanokoji is from one of these cliched research facility that we have seen in countless other series.
Aug 16, 2017 12:25 PM

Mar 2016
Okay I'm giving up on this being a romantic comedy lmao .... I thought it would just randomly turn at some point... I read of few pages of the manga and it's was more romantic comedy like so maybe that's why this was also labeled that...

Also what are they trying to do with all these French quotes in the beginning. Do they think it's like artzy or something... lmao

Damn secret model girl has a stalker!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2017 12:26 PM

Sep 2016
-Stray said:

So I made a forum post in this before (if you want to see it check he forums under this anime), most regularly it would have 12, hurts me tbf, but I have a gut feeling it'll be more.

Aug 16, 2017 12:27 PM

Sep 2015
EcchiKingMamster said:
ZBlastHistory said:

haven't' really been any good ass shots, and the boob shots are pretty subtle :(

Their body are top class even without a boob/ass shots i can tell that much
Into the Internet!
Aug 16, 2017 12:38 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Ooh, that ending really said a lot about our MC. This is going to get good. Question is if the school knows about his origins?

Poor Sakura. It must be traumatic to be assaulted like that by a predator.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 16, 2017 12:43 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was a crazy episode, the animation was also better than usual.

That fucking stalker attempting to rape Sakura, my goodness. Ayanokouji coming in to save the day and acting really nice towards her. That's nice to see.

Him and Horikita orchestrating the whole camera ploy. He has a hand in everything and seems to be just a mastermind everywhere.

And then the bombshell that he might be a lab rat (?). And he actually showed a bit of emotion towards Horikita once she was prying, he was not having it o_O

So interested now, even more than before.
Aug 16, 2017 12:56 PM
Jul 2018
Damm it!!! Soooo gooood

We finally got to see the other side of Ayaniokouji. And I really like the emphasis on the eyes and the shadow of the umbrella on the last scene. Really made him look "empty" but threatening.
Also we sort of understood why he wanted to help people, and especially Sakura.

The confrontation between Ryuuen and Sakayanagi also helped spicing up the episode.

Just hope they don't blow it with some stupid love story between Ayaniokouji and Sakura.

Can't wait for next week ^^

Ps: I kinda want to see Ayaniokouji go solo and reach for class A and aim for Student Council President without Horikita. She's so clueless, always thinking she's better than everyone and yet she's so far behind him. Finally she got a hint.

Want a good dark MC so bad :(

removed-userAug 16, 2017 1:04 PM
Aug 16, 2017 1:01 PM
Nov 2016
WOW! Another great episode, this anime has turned out to be a very good one.

As always, Ayanokoji is brilliant but I don't get why he is hiding his brilliance. Ayanokoji saved Sakura and Ichinose played a part in it too. Seems like Ayanokoji was experimented on or something when he was a kid.

Ayanokoji is shrouded in mystery and his face looked so threatening when he asked Horikita too not look into his life.
Aug 16, 2017 1:02 PM
Oct 2014
I'm only 4 minutes in but why doesn't Sakura go to the police? The guy pretty much sent proof that he was stalking her.... ?
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

234 by XokoKnight »»
Apr 15, 5:32 AM

» Why that dramatic tho

kingsley_017 - Apr 14

2 by Theo1899 »»
Apr 14, 3:58 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2017

524 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 10, 4:46 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

208 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 10, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2017

168 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 7, 3:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.