Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 6, 2010 12:05 PM

Apr 2007
weak episode (wtf no kida-kun)

but WHY IS IZAYA SO AWESOME?
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Mar 6, 2010 12:22 PM

Mar 2010
nihil said:
weak episode (wtf no Erika)

but WHY IS IZAYA SO AWESOME?

Fixed.
WTFNinjaMar 6, 2010 12:37 PM
Mar 6, 2010 12:58 PM

Mar 2009
Whoa man. Wasn't expecting that from Seiji! :V
Shizuo's so badass! Not even getting a pen stabbed through his hand phases him! oAo
lol at Izaya. Oh my gosh you are so cool.
Mar 6, 2010 1:17 PM

May 2009
Hm, I am starting to like Namie and dislike Seiji. xD"
Mar 6, 2010 2:09 PM

Aug 2009
francismeunier said:
k0k0 said:
OrochiPL said:
memoi567 said:
What is up with Namie having feeling for her brother...ewwwwwwwwwww

It's a japanese anime based on japanese novel. I'm more and more convinced that incest isn't anything abnormal in Japan.

The fact that it's not abnormal is freaky. I'll try to see it in a 'brotherly/sisterly love' way.

Namie's evil. I'm convinced.
Maybe she just loves him too much as in over the norm...<_<

Well hopefully you're right. Better than incest.

so many shizuu chan avvys...mine's becoming less and less unique over time... TT__TT Y*&T@^%#@&%
Mar 6, 2010 2:27 PM

Nov 2007
OrochiPL
[quote=Etherios said:

2nd who is the guy that harima is sending msgs???

I'm 100% assuming now, but i think it might be Shinra.

Wait. Her phone said "nakura" as the sender, so i assumed it was Izuya=/. Is it not?
Mar 6, 2010 2:35 PM

May 2007
Seiji is such a damn freak.

Mar 6, 2010 2:40 PM

Jun 2009
MaiZorbescu said:
OrochiPL said:

Etherios said:
2nd who is the guy that harima is sending msgs???

I'm 100% assuming now, but i think it might be Shinra.

Wait. Her phone said "nakura" as the sender, so i assumed it was Izuya=/. Is it not?

I don't think so, Izaya can't be everywhere.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 6, 2010 2:46 PM
May 2009
But he's using a phone. I think Mika is contacting Izaya.

I'm wondering if the journalist that we saw a few episodes ago will show up again. He was interviewing people about who was the strongest in the city, right?

Good episode today; I have high hopes for the next episode. Durarara!! should be even more interesting. :3
Mar 6, 2010 3:06 PM

Jul 2009
OrochiPL said:

Izaya is information dealer & Ikebukuro is his long-time playground,of course he will be everywhere with all the information in his hand.Chatroom & cellphones are the proof.His chessboard game implies that he had gather all the player according to his plan
Nakura=Izaya(He use that same name when messaging with Rio in ep 2)
Mar 6, 2010 3:07 PM

Jun 2009
Kagura89 said:
OrochiPL said:

Izaya is information dealer & Ikebukuro is his long-time playground,of course he will be everywhere with all the information in his hand.Chatroom & cellphones are the proof.His chessboard game implies that he had gather all the player according to his plan
Nakura=Izaya(He use that same name when messaging with Rio in ep 2)

Shit, so he's really that awesome... ^^
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 6, 2010 3:13 PM

Sep 2008
Wow I really hate Seiji. Least favorite character >.>
OMG!! At least Ceryl knows her head is around!! I'm so excited XD
Shizuo is sooo badass <3
Can't wait for the next ep >.<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2010 3:36 PM

Aug 2009
Holy crap, this show is in the top 100. (currently at 85)

Well done, MAL. Well done.
Mar 6, 2010 4:14 PM

Aug 2009
Farewell stalker! Hora bro con!
Mar 6, 2010 5:36 PM
Feb 2009
need ep 10 naoo~!!
Mar 6, 2010 6:35 PM

May 2007
Seiji is a freak... how can you fall in love with just a head? And his sister is creepy as well.
Anyway, I love Shizuo and Izaya. XD

Mar 6, 2010 6:38 PM

Oct 2009
garfield15 said:

Now it's at 78....MAL knows good stuff and how to rank it. :D
Kagura89 said:
garfield15 said:

-Wait, I don't think there was a Baccano/anime reference this week!

Nebula, does this company name sound familiar to you...
Hint:Watch Baccano! episode 9
OK! Hold on! I did not watch Baccano but I need a spoiler of what possible plot can Nebula pull off other than corrupt Yagiri pharmaceuticals? I mean anyone have ideas of their involvement?
francismeunierMar 6, 2010 6:54 PM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Mar 6, 2010 7:03 PM

Mar 2009
One of the best of the season so far... Especially at the beginning with Sanae Kobayashi-san narrating about Namie's past... She has a cool voice... then the whole Seiji situation... WHOA. So he did kill Mika Harmia... hmmm.. Then that's Selty's Head that attached to Mika's former body? Holy crap!!! Anyway, Mikado's room is spartan, but very cool as hell. You don't need much when you are 15-16 in Japan and living on your own. Can't wait til the next episode. :D --- Randy
Mar 6, 2010 7:13 PM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:

Kagura89 said:
garfield15 said:

-Wait, I don't think there was a Baccano/anime reference this week!

Nebula, does this company name sound familiar to you...
Hint:Watch Baccano! episode 9
OK! Hold on! I did not watch Baccano but I need a spoiler of what possible plot can Nebula pull off other than corrupt Yagiri pharmaceuticals? I mean anyone have ideas of their involvement?

Well Izaya said that Nebula might absorbed Yagiri Pharmaceutical into their company & Nebula could have interest in their research of "human experimentation".

Also Francis go watch Baccano now,seriously.
Kagura89Mar 6, 2010 7:18 PM
Mar 6, 2010 7:16 PM

Jan 2010
I feel JUST like Izaya did towards the end. How he was saying that there's so much happening in that city... I mean, god! That episode was perfectly epic with just the right amount of things happening.
Celty and Shinra moment.
Shiji is nuts. I don't really like him.
I can understand where Namie is coming from, to be so protective of her brother, but why the heck would she have gave the stupid head a body if it was just gonna make Shiji go mad with love?!
I LOVED the random Shizuo. He is just the perfect character.

Seriously, this anime has barely no flaws (in my opinion). I am veryyy happy with how everything is turning out.

BTW, I lol'd at the "Maybe I should buy band-aids before I pull it out. Or maybe super glue will do?"
deadaccount0000Mar 6, 2010 7:23 PM
Mar 6, 2010 7:30 PM

Apr 2009
:D Awesome.
Mar 6, 2010 7:35 PM
Jan 2010
Hmm. During this episode, Izaya asked Namie, 'Are you jealous of this woman who has scars on her neck?' and Namie thinks to herself:

'There's no way I'm jealous of her. This red, rusty form of jealousy that burns in my chest is from...'

And she proceeds to think about 'that thing' and how Seiji would come into the study and stare at 'that thing' and how she wanted to get 'that thing' away from Seiji so she put it in the lab.

So basically Namie's thinking she's not jealous of Miss No-Memories/Seiji's girlfriend, but that what she's jealous of is 'that thing', or, Celty's head.

The show is dropping heavy hints that Celty's head is now on Mika's body, creating Miss. No-Memories/Seiji's Girlfriend.

So I'm wondering. Why is Namie treating Celty's head and Miss. No-Memories/Seiji's Girlfriend as two different, separate things?

Just one thing I'm speculating.
Mar 6, 2010 8:31 PM
Jul 2009
finally some head chasing action XD well not really hehe
love this episode, i guess this ends the 'introduction of characters arc'
Mar 6, 2010 9:13 PM

Feb 2008
This anime is FANTASTIC!
Mar 7, 2010 12:29 AM

Jul 2009

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Mar 7, 2010 3:37 AM

Oct 2009
BitchMaster said:

Rofl that is incredible for a video of Izaya......wish GIFs could have sound....this would be the most epic.....

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Mar 7, 2010 3:39 AM

Jan 2010
BitchMaster said:

Whoa, that is creepy.
Mar 7, 2010 4:38 AM

Aug 2009
BitchMaster said:

ROFL! xD
Mar 7, 2010 5:02 AM

Jan 2009
is it just me or the animation seems not so good on this episode 0_o
but anyways nice episode its getting more interesting
Mar 7, 2010 7:40 AM

Nov 2009
garfield15 said:

The plot is just about to start too. The only thing we have had was an introduction to all the characters so far. (>.>)
Mar 7, 2010 8:06 AM

Jun 2008
Izaya actually has an office where he does business from?

The "what kind of game is he playing" question of Namie is certainly one i also have about that guy. He seems like the guy who fucks with people just to watch something interesting. It's like he sees all people like mouse in a laboratory.

Also the way he was saying humans this and humans that, made me think that he may be an Alien. Celty should be afraid since she can't handle Aliens.

Well the fact that Celty's head was on that girls body was not much of a surprise, i already said something about that a few episodes ago.
I hate the fact that that stupid doctor who lives with her tries to stop her from getting her head back. Sic bastard preferring the woman with out a head. He probably has low self esteem and can handle a woman that can look him in the eyes and has expressions on her face.

Also please someone kill crazy lover boy with pens. What a stupid useless person. He killed an innocent girl, he had a crazy obsession with a head since his childhood and his completely unable to do anything with out the help of his big sister. I couldn't stop laughing how he was sitting in the corner like a retard after he lost Celty's head.
In frond him the crazy brother-love his sister has looks almost normal.
Boy this anime is full of sic motherfuckers.
Celty who is a person with out a head and black smoke inside her body looks more normal than this guys.

The next episode looks to be awesome. Truths are going to be revealed.
Mar 7, 2010 9:13 AM

Nov 2009
Um... I could be wrong but did you guys notice that Shinra was one of the doctors who performed the head transplant surgery on dead Mika...? We only see his back but I'm pretty sure it's him (because of his hair mostly). And in the previous episode it was implied that he works for Yagiri's company because they threatened him (if my memory serves me right)... Any thoughts?
wawichanMar 7, 2010 10:01 AM
~*~ Badges ~*~
Mar 7, 2010 10:48 AM

Apr 2009
Wtf, nice family. Namie has hots for her brother (ew), who had killed his stalker because she saw the head he's totally in love with (oh, and it's in a jar; and he starts eating right away. Bon appetit x__X), and then they somehow attach the head to said stalker's body. That does make sense.
And I have a feeling Shinra helped them in the last stage of this perfect plan. Cause his fetish is headless women and there's a really microscopic chance that he'd ever meet another one xP

And lol at Seiji trying to hurt Shizuo with office supplies (there, bolded and italicised). Dude...I don't even know what to say to that xD

Shizuo, in turn, showed again how awesome he is (in case anyone forgot), and I don't just mean throwing Seiji (although that too xP):
he does nothing when some random guy stabs him with pens, but alas, when said guy doesn't know what troubles his beloved, that's when he gets angry.
And he wants to glue the hole in his hand.
:'D

"I have to meet with my head and talk some sense into it." ...I know anime can be pretty weird sometimes, but that's one of the lines I never expected to hear in any XD

Finally, there's someone in this anime that I don't like. Two of them, even. Behold...the Yagiri siblings! (Sweet Moses, why Namie has a fanclub on MAL is beyond me.)
Also, Mikado's place is so spartan o.O
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Mar 7, 2010 4:35 PM

Aug 2008
Cenedess said:

And I have a feeling Shinra helped them in the last stage of this perfect plan. Cause his fetish is headless women and there's a really microscopic chance that he'd ever meet another one xP

When I first saw similiar statement it was funny, but seriously, guys, wtf. Leave this fetish talking, it's obvious shinra's that typical character who goes on and on like 'there's nothing wrong with you! you don't have to change anything, you're perfectly fine as you are, and i love you for what you are!'
there's nothing original about his motives. keine d*ck in neck action. stop saying that, 'cause it can make people confused, as if shinra is some exeptional and uniquely controversial character.
Mar 7, 2010 6:53 PM

Jun 2009
A headless fetish and a head fetish. Well.
Mar 7, 2010 6:58 PM
Jul 2009
BitchMaster said:

haha! tanoshimidana indeed!
Mar 7, 2010 8:13 PM

Aug 2008
That was depressing! I can't remember a single story where good things came from wanting sibling. So I don't doubt that that relationship will end badly. Celty should've should've bunched her head in the stomach (oh my, this could be confusing) & dragged it off to her apartment. She could cut it off & Shinra could stitch it clean! What?! It's only natural that her head should be sitting in her lap where it's supposed to be! D-:<
Mar 7, 2010 8:53 PM
Mar 2009
Cenedess said:

And he wants to glue the hole in his hand.
:'D

surprisingly this actually makes sense, superglue is often used as a makeshift form of cauterisation or to close a wound when they are in a rush. Although usually in a special type of medical superglue to prevent minor complications (the methyl alcohol in normal superglue kills the surrounding skin cells)
Mar 7, 2010 9:36 PM

Jul 2009
Cenedess said:

(Sweet Moses, why Namie has a fanclub on MAL is beyond me.)

You will see why some of us especially the light novel readers like her :P
Mar 7, 2010 9:41 PM

Jul 2007
lol Seiji is nuts, but Shizuo said he likes him(well more than Izaya) so he can't be all that bad.

Well at least we now know what happened to Mika Harima, I doubt her head is still alive somewhere like Selty's was.
Mar 7, 2010 11:58 PM
Jul 2009
The story is really picking up.
Mar 8, 2010 1:10 AM

Aug 2009
helur said:
garfield15 said:

The plot is just about to start too. The only thing we have had was an introduction to all the characters so far. (>.>)
Why? Isn't it cool this anime getting high rating?... :/

Basically, Durarara is pretty 'obvious' that it will never betray us from being a one hell of run with pack of enjoyment. It will never be something like chao-shead et al sort of things that falls in to the misery at the end. There is no reason stopping this anime from getting a decent rating.
Mar 8, 2010 4:49 AM

Aug 2009
ringoo4 said:
helur said:
garfield15 said:

Why? Isn't it cool this anime getting high rating?... :/

Basically, Durarara is pretty 'obvious' that it will never betray us from being a one hell of run with pack of enjoyment. It will never be something like chao-shead et al sort of things that falls in to the misery at the end. There is no reason stopping this anime from getting a decent rating.

Hopefully, the ending can be expected to be rounded off brilliantly and satisfy its fans and be a happy one like Baccano's( I tend to concentrate on endings a lot).
I don't know about you guys but that's all it needs to get into my no.1 favourites list.
Mar 8, 2010 6:53 AM
Dec 2007
It took a while, but the fun is finally starting. Now it's time to just sit back and enjoy the chaos as all the stories smash into each other.
Mar 8, 2010 5:52 PM
May 2008
Lulz at Namie and her brother complex. Anyway, things are really picking up, but still it doesn't seem to move fast enough. The pacing feels a bit sluggish at times, and others it blazes through an episode. Especially this episode, it felt a bit disjointed... but that's just me.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Mar 8, 2010 6:58 PM

Nov 2007
The level of action in this one was pretty good.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Mar 8, 2010 9:20 PM

Apr 2007
lol Shizuo was awesome, as usual, and I LOVE Izaya's game board. That makes his little 'game' seem more interesting.
But I really can't stand those Yagiri siblings, not sure which one I find more annoying. Probably Seiji, the obsessive robot.
Mar 8, 2010 9:55 PM
Jul 2008
An other great episode! Durarara is just amazing.
Mar 8, 2010 10:18 PM

Aug 2008
Very strange episode. I was a little blindsided by how weak Selty's head and Seiji are as characters. Seiji is a plain psychopath, and Selty's head seems a whole lot more manipulative than she might actually be. I don't understand why she chooses not to talk when she clearly is able to. Then there's Seiji's sister, but that's an entirely different weird story all together.

The episode was framed around them, but didn't really give us more information on them. What did happen, though, was that a lot of connections were made with Izaya as the center of the web. I'm still wondering how the color gangs will factor into everything, but it all looks pretty promising.

I really can't believe this show is going to be twenty-something episodes long. Things really feel like they're coming to a head, so 13 seems perfect. Something big must be around the corner. I just hope they can maintain the momentum for another 12 episodes after the first half.
Mar 9, 2010 6:58 AM

Nov 2007
CRap, crap, crap! I hate this anime! It makes me want to anticipate for the next episooooode~!

I haven't been this excited for the next episode since Skip Beat. (yeah, that anime also likes to have cliff hangers.)

Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Proselyt - Jan 14, 2010

330 by Beatnik »»
Feb 25, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

katzenjammer - Feb 18, 2010

299 by Kurkitos »»
Feb 5, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kirika- - May 27, 2010

205 by dr_hydrangea »»
Jan 31, 4:32 AM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usami-Haru - Mar 18, 2010

455 by ryzxgum »»
Jan 19, 11:09 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Mar 31, 2010

336 by 2life »»
Nov 29, 2023 3:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.