Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Owarimonogatari 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion

Oct 21, 2017 3:18 PM

Well that was a lovely ending if you ask me! Quite a great even though a smaller season I must say. Either way really enjoyed it!

Oct 27, 2017 1:32 PM

What a wonderful anime. The Monogatari series is/was truly fantastic.

Nov 3, 2017 8:21 AM

i love how end, the resolution and the "happy end" for all the characters!!!!

Hello, my litte boy!

Nov 5, 2017 12:56 PM

Hanekawa sold her brain? It really confused me, What did she mean by that?

Dec 10, 2017 11:33 PM
(Gamer)

It's crazy how everything turned out.

Dec 17, 2017 8:28 AM
Great Episode.
The part where Araragi revealed Ougi's true identity blew me off(even though I was kinda expecting it).

The Episode ending is also great.

Man, I feel so happy yet a bit sad at the same time that series ended with a great conclusion and with a great final episode.

Dec 22, 2017 5:41 PM

I can't imagine watching this series over the course of 8+ years. It was enjoyable to sit down and marathon but a lot of the events felt unnecessary to the whole plot. I quite enjoyed it tho. I've seen clips of it many times and I never really thought it was for me but I was wrong which was nice. I wish we couldve see more of Meme instead of him being in Antarctica the entire series. Like wtf was up with that? Was he trapped there by Ougi or was he just dicking around?

Dec 29, 2017 12:17 AM

Good adaptation of The Catcher in the Rye

Jan 6, 2018 2:46 AM

I don't have the length of viewer experience that a lot of the community has with Monogatari. I did not spend the last 8 years of my life watching the series or knowing the entire story inside and out and what not. For me, I just randomly decided to watch it after being in the dark about it from so many of people I know who have watched it as well as innate curiosity. The past two months that I have dedicated to watching the entire series from start to finish is going into my top 5 greatest anime experiences in history. I thoroughly enjoyed this story so much. My sleep schedule may be fucked up as a result of the constant marathoning but every night spent on watching this awesome franchise was worth it. Nisio and SHAFT, I raise this cup to you guys. Thanks for the awesome experience.
Don't believe the hype.

Jan 7, 2018 4:28 PM

DedPanda said:
I don't have the length of viewer experience that a lot of the community has with Monogatari. I did not spend the last 8 years of my life watching the series or knowing the entire story inside and out and what not. For me, I just randomly decided to watch it after being in the dark about it from so many of people I know who have watched it as well as innate curiosity. The past two months that I have dedicated to watching the entire series from start to finish is going into my top 5 greatest anime experiences in history. I thoroughly enjoyed this story so much. My sleep schedule may be fucked up as a result of the constant marathoning but every night spent on watching this awesome franchise was worth it. Nisio and SHAFT, I raise this cup to you guys. Thanks for the awesome experience.

I agree wholeheartedly with this. I just started watching this series at the beginning of this year, and I felt A LOT OF FEELS when this came out. I can't begin to imagine how people who kept up with this series for 8 years feel...

Jan 7, 2018 11:57 PM

All's well that ends well!

Looking forward to a third season!

9/10
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.

Jan 16, 2018 6:34 PM

so, meme oshino, one of my favorite anime characters, has returned after being pretty much absent for most of the series.. and it was fucking underwhelming? just no.

Jan 22, 2018 4:58 AM

just finished owarimonogatari 2nd... now that the story has ended, im going to miss them so much...
"I Know It's Not A Game Anymore"

Jan 28, 2018 3:12 AM

I know this is NOT the “end” of Monogatari...but in a way it was.

It was the end of Koyomi and Hitagi’s high school life and one hell of a ride that began in 2009 with Bakemonogatari.

Through and through this series has truly lived up to its hype and is IMO the greatest anime series of all time.

It mixes so many elements in such a great way...Romance, Action, Comedy, Ecchi, and Drama.

What other series has been able to effectively do this season after season?

Monogatari is worthy of the anime GOAT status...easily!

10/10 for Owarimonogatari S2.

Jan 30, 2018 7:21 PM

The riddles were amazing in this one and everything has been tied up together with happy endings for everyone (almost everyone I would say).

This really was so well done. I really enjoyed all three arcs! And it is definitely the best Monogatari installment since Monogatari SS.

I was going to give it a 9/10 because I felt like Mayoi Hell and Hitagi Rendezvous were much needed extensions of the Monogatari series but then came Ougi Dark. It practically blew everything out of the park like six runs were required in the last ball from a cricket match and it was met! 6/5

Nine years after I fell in love with Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari, my love never died for this series. It is but the end of one of many stories of Araragi Koyomi so I hope to see Zoku one day when it is released!
<<<< Click to see how you may #HelpKyoAniHeal

Feb 2, 2018 6:50 PM
Just finished watching the Monogatari series with this one.

Looks like after watching, I've doubled my reading words per minute 'cause of how fast the monologues roll.

I just wish Hitagi, Kanbaru and the others were able to see Shinobu's complete form, you know, to see the real 'fruits' of the 500-yr-old youth. 10/10 would wait for Koyomi Reverse.

Feb 10, 2018 2:51 AM
Im extremely satisfied with the ending of this arc and its so amazing when meme made that grand entrance there at the last moment to save her from that darkness making me want to rewatch it again and again..this is trully a great anime and right from the start it has never disappoint me in all the season arcs.

Feb 11, 2018 11:02 PM
I applaud it for making sense. Every hint and foretelling and puzzle piece has come together in a very well woven mystery story.

Other than that, boooo. Quite frankly the last arc is disappointment. First, too much exposition, as usual. Second, getting philosophical at the showdown btw Araragi and Ougi. Urghhhh, that sequence is boring as hell. All right I know the theme is doing the right thing vs correcting mistakes, saving yourself vs saving others and risking yrself..... blah blah. It's so boring and doesn't feel quite right when both parties detail and split hair and engage in obnoxiously lengthy conversations.

The biggest problem, for me, is doubling Araragi. Like Shirou fighting "himself" in FSN. That plot twist always annoys me. So in the end, the "correcting mistakes" half of Araragi is personified into a girl. And somehow Araragi becomes the happiest harem lead ever, every damn girl is alive. Wow, he succeeds in life.

This coming of age sounds really phony to me. I love Araragi, but whenever he expresses his way of life, his emotional savior speeches, or gets philosophical, it's always long-winded and corny. As to his growth, the only time I buy it is when he fought Black Hanekawa in Bake, when he acknowledged that he should value his life and rely on the help of his friends, that case being Shinobu. From then on, each "growth" arc of his is really boring, mostly because he doesn't need growth, he's a f@cking decent great guy from the start. Ohhh I forgot, one more, when he acknowledged his inability to "save" Sengoku, and that Kaiki is better for her. That. But not this. What is this? Embracing "yourself"? Being a white angel to convert the black angel inside yourself to turn to rightness? and that dark half don't have the privilege of finding peace and going to heaven, but actually brought back to life to experience life for herself????? I don't get it, someone pls explain it to me!
Modified by Sean_Nessman, Feb 11, 2018 11:19 PM

Feb 13, 2018 8:30 AM

Damnittt, i we don't have anything to watch now!!!

Feb 13, 2018 11:03 PM

Hands down to this episode!

10/10

Feb 16, 2018 1:15 PM

So in the end Koyomi even had to save himself, he just couldn't do anything else. It was a nice ending and good to see them all again in the last episode. Still not as good as Bake and Nise though which were my favourites. 8/10

Feb 26, 2018 5:38 PM

Considering how certain components of Hell and Rendezvous were only truly explained in Dark, I'm just gonna put my thoughts on all of them in the discussion topic for the final episode.

Wall of text warning:

TL;DR: mild indifference to heavy disappointment at almost all times except for ougi dark 2

May 24, 2018 1:35 PM
What happened to shinobo ?

Sep 22, 2018 9:51 AM

fantastic "conclusion"

the best thing about monogatari though is that it will never be over.

Cant araragi finally break up with hitagi after/in college? Araragi and Shinobu/Kiss Shot literally tied their lifes together out of free will and not as a last resort.

Also Hanekawa rocks.

I hope we will see more stories about the fire sisters in the future, because for me they are one of the best parts of monogatari.

PS: I dropped monogatari second season 3 years ago because I did not want the story to end (and because someone spoiled me that hachikuji will cease to exist which I did not want to witness, it has been a series with both ups and downs, especially the final season was not quite what I expected from monogatari, but it was amazing anyway)
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.

Oct 10, 2018 3:02 PM

Wow, what a perfect ending!!!! Goodbye, adolescence. One of the best animes I've ever seen...

Mayoi Hell: 9,5/10
Hitagi Rendezvous: 8.5/10
Ougi Dark: 10/10
Owarimonogatari 2nd Season: 9/10
"No matter where you go, everyone's connected." Iwakura, Lain.

Dec 4, 2018 3:55 PM

Is this the end of the entire series?

Dec 29, 2018 5:33 AM

WHAT AN ENDING!!!!

A Conclusion to Many things. An Intriguing Story.

-Meme Was In Antarctica The whole time Lol. Must have no Money to fly back, Or Signal to contact.

-Hanekawa made it in time was Ok... I thought Araragi was able to Settle this on his own.

-Ougi Being accepted As A Niece Puts her a place She can belong to. Despite her Terrible Deeds

-Shinobu Would Stay Being Link to Araragi Despite Being free.

-They Keep Talking about ther need for a god for The Shrine So long that I thought it was a Side story but they did also reach a conclusion for that.

-I say it is a Satisfying Ending. Personally I don't read into things much, Which is why I'm really Boring as a person. Monogatari does teach me to Speak what's Really Matter And What's A dumb Question. 8/10 Only Shaft can make it not boring.
Front Hooks...Oh yeah...

Jan 15, 5:13 AM

That was awesome. Best arc of the series? Maybe. Definitely among the best. Would love to have more of the novels adapted. But as far as this goes beautifully done.
Atleast 8.5/10 for me. Overall series 8/10.

Feb 5, 9:09 PM
Anyway, they chose the perfect ending song

Mar 20, 10:40 PM

Even if the years go by and you change the stage of your life, never stop being yourself.
It was beautiful.
9/10
Modified by Sacerdotisa, Mar 20, 10:44 PM

Apr 7, 1:53 PM

I have to say that despite the praise this is getting I found the first 3 episodes to be incredibly boring, excessive talking about nothing to stretch the runtime is all it felt to me. Once it got to 4 and Koyomi and Hitagi had their date things got much better. It really feels like a 4/10 for those first three eps and an 8/10 for the rest so I give the whole thing a 7.

I do wish though that Shinobu would at least restrict herself as a teenager instead of a little girl but I guess have to submit to the perversions of her master heh.

Apr 9, 9:42 AM

It all makes so much sense hearing it from Gaen, all the stuff Araragi's had to deal with, every person he's helped ... etc
Didnt expect him to save Ougi like that but in a way I actually did expect him to do exactly that!
He had to save himself, even that was the right decision and now we get to have Ougi live out her life as Oshino's niece after all - Also that scene with Oshino acknowledging Ougi was really good!

This entire season wrapped up a lot of things in a beautiful way, really makes me want to rewatch the entire franchise at one point or another.
Especially since I don't remember a lot of things from the seasons after Bakemonogatari and Mono 2nd Season.
I appreciate the whole Monogatari franchise in a whole new way after seeing Kizumonogatari and this season though, they really did a fantastic job at telling us a really intriguing and complex story.

10/10

Now only Zoku Owarimonogatari to finish the franchise and have everything linked up.

May 1, 2:10 PM

Well, at first my theory on Ougi's identity was "Darkness," after it was stated that it's not, my guess shifted to Ougi being a subconscious creation of Araragi. I guess I was correct on this one. There's a lot to cover, and I don't really feel like writing a lot...So, I'll say that it was a really good season - and take my leave.

Jun 3, 2:24 AM
Well Araragi for a moment can't let go of his 'adolescense' by trying to save Ougi. That's the sign of his still an adolescence that he wanted to save everyone recklessly, he wanted all to have a happy ending.

As I expected Meme come at the last moment to save the day just like in Kizumonogatari. And his earring color changed.

They skipped the graduation ceremony. Zzz

Lol so they allowed Araragi and Shinobu to be together again. That means theyre effort to turn Araragi to human is pointless.

Modified by Kish0, Jun 3, 4:32 AM

Jul 15, 2:31 PM

This was such a satisfying ending. Couldn't have asked for a better conclusion.
Now, I still got Zoku to watch yet I already feel that sad, empty feeling after finishing an amazing anime 😭 What am I gonna do afterwards?

Jul 18, 8:16 AM
JackyOhayo said:
You guys might want to rewatch Hitagi Crab. Because I did that with the whole series prior to Owari S2 and the Bake throwbacks gave me chills. Here are some examples. Apparently it's from episode 6 but whatever.

Wow! That is amazing. Props to Shaft.

Very satisfying "ending". It amazingly pulls a happy ending for everything anyone might have liked this series for.

I seriously can't find a bad thing in this 7 episodes to score it lower than the maximum score. Maybe that Mayoi Hell and specially Hitagi Rendevous had little substance, serving only as a setup for Ougi Dark, but even then, can you really blame a late Monogatari series for its infinite inconsequential conversations? That is what you signed up for, better enjoy it, and I surely enjoyed the return of Mayoi-kamisama and the date with Hitagi.

So 10/10 all around. Now to Zoku.
Modified by dororororororo, Jul 18, 8:33 AM

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]