Forum Settings
Forums
PandoraHearts
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 13, 2017 3:37 AM
Mar 2011
I just discovered this a few days ago and it looks nice but it seams that Amazon won't have them.

https://www.rightstufanime.com/Pandora-Hearts-Manga-Box-Set-Collectors-Edition

Nov 18, 2017 6:43 AM
Nov 2015
Hey, I've just ordered mine from Amazon, and for a MUCH (140USD cheaper) cheaper price!
:D
So yes, it's available via Amazon as well!
GandeloftNov 21, 2017 3:16 AM
Nov 21, 2017 1:58 AM
Mar 2011
Gandeloft said:
Hey, I've just ordered mine from Amazon, and for a MUCH (140USD) cheaper price!

Could you tell me he differents beween the original vols and this ? When your order arrives.

I know it have new colours pages and it's 2 in 1, But are the Vols have bigger picures like in Vagabond VizBig Edition ?

Or are they like omnibus edition such as Dr-grey man or Blade of the immortal ?

And if there any other differents please tell me.

Thanks
Nov 21, 2017 3:15 AM
Nov 2015
ssjdodo said:
Gandeloft said:

Could you tell me he differents beween the original vols and this ? When your order arrives.

I know it have new colours pages and it's 2 in 1, But are the Vols have bigger picures like in Vagabond VizBig Edition ?

Thanks

Okay. You can visually rely somewhat on the following as well.
I'll let you know once my order arrivessss. <3

https://www.reddit.com/r/MangaCollectors/comments/7do42l/opening_the_pandora_box/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=78s&v=XQTxdfUW1SA&app=desktop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=802s&v=slZ7k42gN4U&app=desktop
GandeloftNov 21, 2017 8:29 AM
Nov 22, 2017 6:58 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
ssjdodo said:
Gandeloft said:

Thanks
Amazon was selling them (that's how I got mine), but they're currently out of stock. Anyways, these Pandora Hearts volumes are a tiny bit smaller than the VizBigs (a centimeter shorter in height), but they are much large than a normal manga volume or the omnibuses you've mentioned. They're the same size as a Viz Signature volume (Monster Perfect Editions, Goodnight Punpun, Tokyo Ghoul, etc). The overall volumes are kinda nice. They look pretty simplistic, but they look colorful when they're in the box. The cover's are really thick and strong (feels like thin cardboard), however, the thickness of the covers kinda make it hard to read. If there's anything I can compare it too, the covers are similar to the Death Note vol 13: How to Read book. Most of the color pages are at the beginning of each volume, most of them consisting of the original volume's colored front and back covers. Inside the volumes, the color pages tend to be most of the title pages of each chapter colored. The most coolest things about these volumes are the back cover. Each volume shows the illegal contractor's timer, with each volume progressing it by an hour. The final volumes complete's the whole rotation, lol.

The box is the real selling point. Those brass handles on the sides are nice! The actual box is kinda sturdy.
Nov 23, 2017 3:17 AM
Mar 2011
Gandeloft said:
ssjdodo said:

Thanks

https://www.reddit.com/r/MangaCollectors/comments/7do42l/opening_the_pandora_box/

It seams like GoldenDevilGamer stole the glory from you, lol.

Anyway, Thanks for both of you.

One last thing, I can't seam to find the Pandora box in Amazon at all, Even though it's out of stock, You should be able to see it.
Can someone sends me the link for Pandora box on amazon.com ?
ssjdodoNov 23, 2017 3:21 AM
Nov 23, 2017 8:24 AM
Nov 2015
ssjdodo said:
Gandeloft said:

It seams like GoldenDevilGamer stole the glory from you, lol.

Anyway, Thanks for both of you.

One last thing, I can't seam to find the Pandora box in Amazon at all, Even though it's out of stock, You should be able to see it.
Can someone sends me the link for Pandora box on amazon.com ?

American Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/PandoraBox-PandoraHearts-Collection-Jun-Mochizuki/dp/0316445371
German Amazon(the one I've pre-ordered from) - https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/0316445371/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Rightstuffanime (from the USA I think) - https://www.rightstufanime.com/Pandora-Hearts-Manga-Box-Set-Collectors-Edition
Nov 23, 2017 8:28 AM
Nov 2015
GoldenDevilGamer said:
ssjdodo said:

Thanks
Amazon was selling them (that's how I got mine), but they're currently out of stock. Anyways, these Pandora Hearts volumes are a tiny bit smaller than the VizBigs (a centimeter shorter in height), but they are much large than a normal manga volume or the omnibuses you've mentioned. They're the same size as a Viz Signature volume (Monster Perfect Editions, Goodnight Punpun, Tokyo Ghoul, etc). The overall volumes are kinda nice. They look pretty simplistic, but they look colorful when they're in the box. The cover's are really thick and strong (feels like thin cardboard), however, the thickness of the covers kinda make it hard to read. If there's anything I can compare it too, the covers are similar to the Death Note vol 13: How to Read book. Most of the color pages are at the beginning of each volume, most of them consisting of the original volume's colored front and back covers. Inside the volumes, the color pages tend to be most of the title pages of each chapter colored. The most coolest things about these volumes are the back cover. Each volume shows the illegal contractor's timer, with each volume progressing it by an hour. The final volumes complete's the whole rotation, lol.

The box is the real selling point. Those brass handles on the sides are nice! The actual box is kinda sturdy.

So, one volume of this edition composes of two of the regular edition volumes.
I've been wondering whether or not the covers of the both of the volumes that a single volume of this collector's edition contains are in, or just the cover of the first volume?
Nov 23, 2017 8:45 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Gandeloft said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

So, one volume of this edition composes of two of the regular edition volumes.
I've been wondering whether or not the covers of the both of the volumes that a single volume of this collector's edition contains are in, or just the cover of the first volume?
Yep, these are 2-in-1 omnibuses. Also, both volume covers are present in the collector's edition volumes. The first page will be one of the volume covers, and the back side of the same page will feature the other volume cover.
Nov 23, 2017 9:01 AM
Mar 2011
My selling point for this is that it's Voluems are bigger then the original which means bigger pictures.

But the problem is i already have vol 8-24. So i don't know if i should buy it or no.
Nov 23, 2017 9:28 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
ssjdodo said:
My selling point for this is that it's Voluems are bigger then the original which means bigger pictures.

But the problem is i already have vol 8-24. So i don't know if i should buy it or no.
Maybe you should go for the single releases. The omnibus volumes are pretty simplistic looking, while the single releases have some gorgeous covers. Even though the cover pictures are included in the omnibuses, I still feel like the single releases are better-looking. There's not that many color pages either. Most of them are just the front and back cover pictures of the original volumes, which are placed at the beginning of an omnibus volume. The Japanese volumes had a chibi-like mini-story on the inside covers of each volume. Those are included in color at the end of a volume, but they're nothing too special. There are some volumes that only have their color pages present as what was mentioned previously (as not all title pages of each chapter are colored). The thickness of the covers also make it a bit harder to read too. The real benefit with these omnibuses are that they're larger than the normal releases. But I'm not sure if it's really worth it if you already have 17 of the 24 volumes.
Nov 23, 2017 10:24 AM
Nov 2015
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Yep, these are 2-in-1 omnibuses. Also, both volume covers are present in the collector's edition volumes. The first page will be one of the volume covers, and the back side of the same page will feature the other volume cover.

Yaaaaaaaaay. :D

ssjdodo said:

In a "few years" I think think that the price of this collector's set will jump up significantly..

GoldenDevilGamer said:
ssjdodo said:

Maybe you should go for the single releases. The omnibus volumes are pretty simplistic looking, while the single releases have some gorgeous covers. Even though the cover pictures are included in the omnibuses, I still feel like the single releases are better-looking. There's not that many color pages either. Most of them are just the front and back cover pictures of the original volumes, which are placed at the beginning of an omnibus volume. The Japanese volumes had a chibi-like mini-story on the inside covers of each volume. Those are included in color at the end of a volume, but they're nothing too special. There are some volumes that only have their color pages present as what was mentioned previously (as not all title pages of each chapter are colored). The thickness of the covers also make it a bit harder to read too. The real benefit with these omnibuses are that they're larger than the normal releases. But I'm not sure if it's really worth it if you already have 17 of the 24 volumes.

ssjdojo, take note of what he says, but be aware that it's all just preference.
He unfortunately doesn't flawlessly like it, but he is not you and thus you might!
I know I will. You get everything that there is to be had in the best, final package!
GandeloftNov 23, 2017 10:31 AM
Dec 4, 2017 7:18 AM
Nov 2015
Um, ssjdodo, if you're interested in ordering it from within Europe;
https://www.archonia.com/mangashop/en/article/298585/pandora+hearts+complete+manga+collectors+box+set/

I've gone through a heap of mishap with Amazon.de.
The pre-order with Amazon got canceled by them because they've sold me what they don't have, they were out of stock even on a pre order.
After that, I ordered from bookdepository.de on Amazon, they also allowed me to place an order without actually having the stock of it.

After much ordeal, I've uncovered the existence of Archonia, and they've shipped to me today, 2 hours after I've placed the order.
Dec 10, 2017 1:07 AM

Aug 2013
Damn, that's really a shame. After seeing this and pictures from others, I feel very lucky that mine arrived in decent condition. There are a few bits of damage here and there, but overall I'm satisfied with it. I'm not going to defend Yen Press though because the condition that a lot of people got theirs in is really pathetic and unacceptable.

https://imgur.com/a/Fiory
These pictures were taken way after I reread through the whole thing, so the books have been taken in and out of the box and scraped against each other many times. I took pictures of all the most noticeable bits of damage.
Dec 10, 2017 1:14 AM
Nov 2015
Lily_ said:
Damn, that's really a shame. After seeing this and pictures from others, I feel very lucky that mine arrived in decent condition. There are a few bits of damage here and there, but overall I'm satisfied with it. I'm not going to defend Yen Press though because the condition that a lot of people got theirs in is really pathetic and unacceptable.

These pictures were taken way after I reread through the whole thing, so the books have been taken in and out of the box and scraped against each other many times. I took pictures of all the most noticeable bits of damage.

Yours is in such a superior condition as compared to mine amd the rest that I've seen. Oh my God T_T Yours is soo good, the beauty isn't degraded.
I didn't think there are pieces in that good of a condition. Soo lucky. I'm glad for you and wish that Yen press would give me a refund/a new copy.
Dec 10, 2017 1:32 AM

Aug 2013
Gandeloft said:
Lily_ said:

Yours is in such a superior condition as compared to mine amd the rest that I've seen. Oh my God T_T Yours is soo good, the beauty isn't degraded.
I didn't think there are pieces in that good of a condition. Soo lucky. I'm glad for you and wish that Yen press would give me a refund/a new copy.
Yeah to be honest I was starting to feel guilty after seeing all those pictures of others :(. I hope Yen Press is willing to give refunds or new copies, but I have no idea what their return policy or customer service is like. I wish you luck though!
Dec 10, 2017 1:53 AM
Nov 2015
Lily_ said:
Gandeloft said:

Yeah to be honest I was starting to feel guilty after seeing all those pictures of others :(. I hope Yen Press is willing to give refunds or new copies, but I have no idea what their return policy or customer service is like. I wish you luck though!

Feel ecstatic as the fact that yours is in as good of a condition as it is while most of the other copies are in a state far below it downs on you. That's how I'd be feeling.
hehe :D
Seeing how yours is by now ALREADY the 2nd example of an ALMOST in proper-condition-upon-opening copy (Whoah, two out of so many were not in an utterly (but only mildly so) degraded condition while brand new!? gr8 success Yen Press), it's baffling to me how I am the first one thus far to have brought this up.
As apparent by the pictures others have posted of their copies, this is a nearly absolutely-prevalent issue, yet not one other than me, and now you, has acknowledged it..
People buying this just to show of shiny pictures and not even really caring about it other than for the bragging rights?
I mean, it's not hard to understand exactly what I mean, right?
You don't necessarily need to care about this physical thing in order to notice the defects on it as you consume its contents.
Probably almost exclusively people who've already read the manga(I didn't) bought this, but does that mean it's just going to collect dust where they have it storaged?
I'd have thought that they'd at least from time to time, upon opening it at the very least, pleasure themself with scrolling through some pages, looking at the artworks..
All of this goes to say that I shoul NOT have been the first one to bring this up, seeing how late in the game I got my copy(3 days ago).
Ugh.. What a stupid situation.. Yen Press should apologise and compensate for everything.. But ofc. they won't..
Ugh. I'm going to sleep now, sorry forr the rant.
GandeloftDec 10, 2017 2:01 AM
Dec 10, 2017 2:31 AM

Aug 2013
Gandeloft said:
Lily_ said:

Feel ecstatic as the fact that yours is in as good of a condition as it is while most of the other copies are in a state far below it downs on you. That's how I'd be feeling.
Seeing how yours is by now ALREADY the 2nd example of an ALMOST in proper-condition-upon-opening copy (Whoah, two out of so many were not in an utterly (but only mildly so) degraded condition while brand new!? gr8 success Yen Press), it's baffling to me how I am the first one thus far to have brought this up.
As apparent by the pictures others have posted of their copies, this is a nearly absolutely-prevalent issue, yet not one other than me, and now you, has acknowledged it..
People buying this just to show of shiny pictures and not even really caring about it other than for the bragging rights?
You don't necessarily need to care about this physical thing in order to notice the defects on it as you consume its contents.
Probably almost exclusively people who've already read the manga(I didn't) bought this, but does that mean it's just going to collect dust where they have it storaged?
I'd have thought that they'd at least from time to time, upon opening it at the very least, pleasure themself with scrolling through some pages, looking at the artworks..
All of this goes to say that I shoul NOT have been the first one to bring this up, seeing how late in the game I got my copy(3 days ago).
Ugh.. What a stupid situation.. Yen Press should apologise and compensate for everything.. But ofc. they won't..
Oh trust me, I'm definitely happy and thankful that mine is in great condition, but I still feel disappointed for everyone who bought this and received it in such poor condition. This product is supposed to be absolutely gorgeous and stunning, but it seems like Yen Press really dropped the ball and failed to deliver. What's even worse is that this box set wasn't cheap by any means. So no worries about ranting because it's completely understandable.

Is that other good example you're talking about from a review on Amazon? Someone posted a review there with a bunch of pictures and theirs looks to be in nearly perfect condition. Not even any smashed corners which blew my mind haha.

It's definitely surprising that no one has brought this up so far. I never really thought about it much because the damages on mine are relatively minor and I just blamed the shipping process, but after reading your post, I looked into it a bit more to see how common these issues were. I was pretty shocked and disappointed to see the condition a lot people got theirs in. If Yen Press isn't willing to compensate those who got damaged copies, then that's just piss poor service and a bad reflection on them.
Lily_Dec 10, 2017 2:42 AM
Dec 10, 2017 4:25 PM
Nov 2015
Lily_ said:
Gandeloft said:

Oh trust me, I'm definitely happy and thankful that mine is in great condition, but I still feel disappointed for everyone who bought this and received it in such poor condition. This product is supposed to be absolutely gorgeous and stunning, but it seems like Yen Press really dropped the ball and failed to deliver. What's even worse is that this box set wasn't cheap by any means. So no worries about ranting because it's completely understandable.

Is that other good example you're talking about from a review on Amazon? Someone posted a review there with a bunch of pictures and theirs looks to be in nearly perfect condition. Not even any smashed corners which blew my mind haha.

It's definitely surprising that no one has brought this up so far. I never really thought about it much because the damages on mine are relatively minor and I just blamed the shipping process, but after reading your post, I looked into it a bit more to see how common these issues were. I was pretty shocked and disappointed to see the condition a lot people got theirs in. If Yen Press isn't willing to compensate those who got damaged copies, then that's just piss poor service and a bad reflection on them.

T_T

It was not from that!
Followed up on that mention of yours, proceeded to look for it on Amazon, and found it with a few clicks.
Left my review there as well now, but yeah, I've also just now read that a person on Youtube who has responded to my comment about this also has a copy in good condition, so that makes 5 people who have their hands on a decent sent.
(I looked back and I see that I've said yours is the 2nd copy. I'll ascribe that to my then tiredness, as I was kinda sleep deprived. I didn't keep track of all of the copies that I got to see, so thus far I'd say that I've seen 5 bad ones and 5 good ones. What the hell though, above I'm claiming that mostly everyone's copy is in the same state.. That's just what I believe.. Idk.. I've also not counted in as the bad copies the copies of which the photos showed no signs of damage, but could simply be inaccurate as the photos weren't taken with good light/good camera/resolution of the photo is too low.. Ugh.. whatever.....)
But yeah.. Not even smashed corners.. Omg T_T

Ohhh Pandora Hearts....
I'm so glad to have gotten to talk to you, you're so nice.
I doubt that me and the other people in the same situation will get any kind of compensation.
I wish they would just simply re-make it and send it to everyone anew. Blehh
GandeloftDec 10, 2017 4:30 PM

More topics from this board

» Is this better than Vanitas no Carte?

AjiX101 - Feb 17, 2022

10 by 234Mannan »»
Mar 6, 4:25 AM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 51 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Cho_Desu - Jul 18, 2010

59 by de9 »»
Jan 17, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 49 Discussion

meeooowwwww - May 19, 2010

43 by de9 »»
Jan 17, 4:38 PM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 23 Discussion

Shouichirou - Jun 13, 2009

13 by de9 »»
Jan 14, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 34 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Jul 10, 2009

38 by hidarslan »»
Dec 24, 2023 7:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.