Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 12, 2017 4:54 PM
Aug 12, 2017 8:18 PM

Aug 2015
Kickstarter page:https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/160939828/lets-dub-aria-the-animation/description

Always thought this show could use a dub. Looking forward to it.
Aug 12, 2017 8:25 PM

Aug 2014
Why would they not include all the rewards from preceding tiers in the higher tiers? Pretty silly imo
Aug 12, 2017 8:27 PM

Apr 2015
I wonder how many people are actually pledging for the English dub and how many just want the show on Blu-ray.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Aug 12, 2017 8:29 PM

Nov 2011
this series is still alive..?
OT: great news! Aria is pretty much a SOL classic. :p
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Aug 13, 2017 12:38 PM

Nov 2009
Insertanamehere said:
Why would they not include all the rewards from preceding tiers in the higher tiers? Pretty silly imo

With the exception of the limited items (like the play set), for the most part they ARE included. There are a few where it isn't all included, but for the most part it is.

Damn I hope this goes through, though. Not because I want a dub (I'm a die-hard fan of the Japanese voices), but because I pledged a hefty sum for an item that is really worth it to me, and I want to make sure I get it.
Aug 13, 2017 12:58 PM

Nov 2009
YayaChibi said:
Oh wow regardless of the money put in, the voices are gonna be shit lol

Pledge for the exclusive stuff, not for the dub lol.
Aug 13, 2017 1:28 PM

Nov 2009
YayaChibi said:
IntoOpenWaters said:

Pledge for the exclusive stuff, not for the dub lol.

I'm still saving that backing money for a fucking Blu-ray ver of this lol

Pledging $50 actually nets you the Blu-ray, and $55 gets you the Blu-ray and the other exclusives. Considering how much anime Blu-rays cost these days, it's probably a good deal, actually (especially considering you get extras). Not sure how much it'll cost when it comes out, but surely it won't be much less.
Aug 13, 2017 11:27 PM

Jan 2010
Dropped some money on this to support the series and to at least get the Blu-ray. The $350 tier for Junichi Sato's autograph was really tempting, but it's a bit beyond what I can afford at the moment. It's going to be seriously weird without the Japanese voices, as well as how much I got used to the standard non-HD quality meshing with the misty pastel colors, but whatever happens, I'm glad that there's still interest in Aria.
Aug 14, 2017 6:13 PM

May 2012
Oh man, just saw this today... Honestly, could care less about the dub, though it's a pretty family friendly show and I could see myself showing it to my niece in the future so I guess it's a plus with the dub when I think about it.

I wish I could splurge and get the really higher tiers... May have to settle on the 55 or 60 tier(just to support em)

What I find really silly though, is that mystery bonus in 25 and that Aria t-shirt in 40 T_T Just friggin include them in the 55 or at least 60 tiers. Oh well.

But anyway, it's really cool that we'll be getting this. We're already over 50% with 27 days left to go

Aug 14, 2017 9:29 PM

Nov 2009
Shocked said:
Dropped some money on this to support the series and to at least get the Blu-ray. The $350 tier for Junichi Sato's autograph was really tempting, but it's a bit beyond what I can afford at the moment. It's going to be seriously weird without the Japanese voices, as well as how much I got used to the standard non-HD quality meshing with the misty pastel colors, but whatever happens, I'm glad that there's still interest in Aria.

In spite of helping to fund this, I actually have no intention of watching the dub. I legit just wanted the extras, especially that play set, so I shelled out from my emergency fund. My boyfriend would have loved the top tier; he's an aspiring voice actor, but even our emergency fund couldn't cover that.

And yes, I think this qualifies for the emergency fund. That play set it rare af.
Aug 15, 2017 4:51 PM
Jan 2009
While I have not seen the series subbed yet, just for once it would be nice if I saw people on this thread willing to give the dub a chance. The boxset will include the Japanese language version.
Aug 20, 2017 1:19 AM

Nov 2009
For anyone who isn't keeping track, the first season is fully funded and new stretch goals have been added! If we can smash $180k, we'll get the first half of Natural as well! At $240k we'll get part two! (And of course there are extra goodies in-between.)

If we make it to the current final stretch goal of $260k, we'll get to see the next set as well!

It has been announced that if the end date passes and we don't meet the goal for the next season (whichever season is "next" at the time), the excess pledges will go into the pot for a new campaign for the next season to bring down the overall funds that need to be raised. However, it will be cheaper in the long run to fund it all in one Kickstarter so that the work can be done simultaneously.

If you know anyone that might be interested, spread the word! I don't think this thread is bringing much attention to the campaign, and I'm not sure if it's appropriate to make one under a different forum topic that would be more visible...
Aug 27, 2017 12:58 AM

Jan 2010
Aria the Natural Part 1 was added, had to increase my pledge to get the Prima Plus Early Bird. Aria the Natural Part 2 incoming within the next week most likely, making that another added expenditure. So...this must be what Sunk Cost feels like...
Aug 30, 2017 5:38 AM

Jan 2014
I really wanted to back this kickstarter but alas, the Blurays are Region 1 only, so we EU people got the short end of the stick. Not that I'm surprised, as the original DVD sets were Region 1 as well but it's still kinda disappointing.
Aug 30, 2017 10:53 AM
Oct 2007
Going for Prima Deluxe. It'll put my budget underwater for the year, but heck, it's the least I could do after what the series has done for me.

Also, the campaign has announced that everything will be dubbed on Bluray (all seasons, Arietta, picture dramas, Avvenire, the lot) if it hits the $360K stretch goal. We just hit $290K as of this post and we've got 12 days to go.
Normal well-adjusted human being
Aug 30, 2017 11:20 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
UPDATE : The kickstarter met the stretch goal for Part 2 of the Natural.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/news/2017-08-29/aria-english-dub-kickstarter-meets-stretch-goal-for-aria-the-natural-part-2/.120688

I guess now its time to try for the Origination and the rest.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/news/2017-08-30/aria-english-dub-kickstarter-adds-stretch-goal-for-all-remaining-anime-including-aria-the-avvenire/.120738
DatRandomDudeAug 30, 2017 2:06 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Sep 5, 2017 6:32 PM

Jul 2017
They just passed the goal total to dub, and consequently update to HD, all of the series, OVAs included. So, if a whole-series set on Blu-Ray is something that might tickle your fancy, there'll probably be a pledge tier that gets you all of the show alone going up in the near future.
I don't know everything. I just know what I know.
Sep 5, 2017 7:14 PM

May 2012
nintoforgi said:
They just passed the goal total to dub, and consequently update to HD, all of the series, OVAs included. So, if a whole-series set on Blu-Ray is something that might tickle your fancy, there'll probably be a pledge tier that gets you all of the show alone going up in the near future.

Holy crap.

Me, a few hours ago: "339k, guess we'll reach it either tomorrow or after tomorrow"

Then here comes another huge burst today. Good god, to think that all the seasons have been funded when it was originally planned for just the first season so far.

Sep 6, 2017 10:09 PM

Jun 2008
Kadmos said:
While I have not seen the series subbed yet, just for once it would be nice if I saw people on this thread willing to give the dub a chance. The boxset will include the Japanese language version.

That's just the general MAL community. Lots of sub purists. I, at least, am interested in the dub.
Sep 6, 2017 10:16 PM

Dec 2015
I don't care about English dubs, but holy shit am I glad that they managed to reach all the stretch goals!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aria Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

running_lemon - Apr 6, 2007

129 by eblf2013 »»
Mar 25, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Aria the Animation Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WTFwasThat - Oct 2, 2008

75 by eblf2013 »»
Mar 25, 8:37 AM

» the big 3 Iyashikei Anime

mydaddy - Mar 8

9 by mydaddy »»
Mar 9, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Aria Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zq - Mar 23, 2008

108 by Matheus050 »»
Mar 3, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Aria the Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

WTFwasThat - Sep 18, 2008

133 by WatchTillTandava »»
Feb 12, 4:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.