Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Hitorijime Boyfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 18, 2017 1:51 AM
Aug 2017
i think Yamase feels something for Settie.

1. Yamase's appearance outside the school grounds in earlier episodes give me reason to believe that Yamase is the driving force for having Settie return to gang life.

2. Settie forgetting to buy cheese for Yamase induced a level of rage that was mist likely a personal offense- prob due to a deep fear of being forgotten by Settie.

3. Yamase didn't direct violence towards Settie, but chose a fellow gang member instead.
Aug 18, 2017 4:38 AM

Jul 2017
Adellaeda said:
TheAwkward-Otaku said:

I'm aware of different countries and their customs, but as you can have your own individual opinions, I can have my own. I too believe it's a bit odd to learn how to drive at 15, given lots of teenagers are quite immature. Also, I never started a heated debate, only the people, given yourself, are starting arguments. I simply posted my opinion, as anyone else is. But given I have the minority idea, I get attacked. Lol. If I'm not comfortable with it, whatever. Don't pay attention to me and go on with life. And it isn't my standards, anyways, and if you would've read my last response, you would've seen that I understood our differences and I apologized for any rude statements. But, hey, that doesn't matter to you, right? :)

So... basically I just read an entire page of someone shitting on a lot of relationships, including in my family (8 years age-gap and 15 years age-gap and reversed age-gap, where the wife is older than the husband), and I can't post an opinion about it? And you don't call that heated? "Kousuke is pushing this unhealthy relationship on Settie // the unhealthy relationship, a pedophilic relationship // I simply found those two (Hasekura/Kensuke) to be more fitting for a relationship than the pedophilia // Settie is portrayed maturely, but that in no way changes the fact that he is a minor // I condemn pedophilia and rape, and I'm not saying it's okay for what Hasekura did, but yet; they're the same age // God, just because it's legal in Japan, you're okay with it? // I won't change my opinion regarding the pedophilia." Your very condemning words, not mine. All of that was insulting. And I just wanted to point that out. If you post something on a forum, you can expect someone to comment on it even a year or five after that. And what I wrote, as my first post in this, it's not even just opinion. It's facts. Fact: USA is not the only country on this planet. Fact: different countries have different ages of consent. Fact: In a lot of places, age of consent is even lower than what we see in this anime. It's not opinion. It's facts.

Apologies accepted, for writing rude statements in every single post on this forum. Better?

What actually boggles me in this discussion, is that more people focus on the age gap, and the fact that Settie is a minor in a different country than his own, than on the fact that Kousuke is a teacher. That could mean influence. That could mean abuse of power. Though I'm pretty sure this is not the case here, as they've been shown to be friends before he became a teacher. I really hope we get more backstory.

Well, I was actually not shitting on lots of relationships, I was focusing on this one in particular. I have no issues with those types of relationships in reality, given it isn't my problem. There's a 10-year age-gap in my family, but that's probably irrelevant, anyways. In my opinion, most age gap relationships in anime (specifically with yaoi/shounen-ai) are portrayed in a way I don't find comfortable; take Super Lovers as an example. Anyways, it's not my issue if people take offense to my opinions when I just said there are age-gaps in my family too. God, people are so sensitive, I never directed anything towards reality, simply towards those two and some others in anime. But, hey, it's the internet, everyone gets offended by everything.
Aug 18, 2017 7:04 AM

Jul 2014
TheAwkward-Otaku said:
Adellaeda said:

So... basically I just read an entire page of someone shitting on a lot of relationships, including in my family (8 years age-gap and 15 years age-gap and reversed age-gap, where the wife is older than the husband), and I can't post an opinion about it? And you don't call that heated? "Kousuke is pushing this unhealthy relationship on Settie // the unhealthy relationship, a pedophilic relationship // I simply found those two (Hasekura/Kensuke) to be more fitting for a relationship than the pedophilia // Settie is portrayed maturely, but that in no way changes the fact that he is a minor // I condemn pedophilia and rape, and I'm not saying it's okay for what Hasekura did, but yet; they're the same age // God, just because it's legal in Japan, you're okay with it? // I won't change my opinion regarding the pedophilia." Your very condemning words, not mine. All of that was insulting. And I just wanted to point that out. If you post something on a forum, you can expect someone to comment on it even a year or five after that. And what I wrote, as my first post in this, it's not even just opinion. It's facts. Fact: USA is not the only country on this planet. Fact: different countries have different ages of consent. Fact: In a lot of places, age of consent is even lower than what we see in this anime. It's not opinion. It's facts.

Apologies accepted, for writing rude statements in every single post on this forum. Better?

What actually boggles me in this discussion, is that more people focus on the age gap, and the fact that Settie is a minor in a different country than his own, than on the fact that Kousuke is a teacher. That could mean influence. That could mean abuse of power. Though I'm pretty sure this is not the case here, as they've been shown to be friends before he became a teacher. I really hope we get more backstory.

Well, I was actually not shitting on lots of relationships, I was focusing on this one in particular. I have no issues with those types of relationships in reality, given it isn't my problem. There's a 10-year age-gap in my family, but that's probably irrelevant, anyways. In my opinion, most age gap relationships in anime (specifically with yaoi/shounen-ai) are portrayed in a way I don't find comfortable; take Super Lovers as an example. Anyways, it's not my issue if people take offense to my opinions when I just said there are age-gaps in my family too. God, people are so sensitive, I never directed anything towards reality, simply towards those two and some others in anime. But, hey, it's the internet, everyone gets offended by everything.

It wouldn't have been insulting if you kept it inside the anime world. But "God, just because it's legal in Japan, you're okay with it?" and "Ooh, my apologies for being raised in a Western country", which sounds at least sarcastic, if not downright mocking, took it outside of it. Especially when you continue with "Well, sorry, but I won't change my opinion regarding the pedophilia.", when it's not pedophilia, even in the country the anime is taking place in. THIS is what me and others had an issue with. YOU took it out of the context of the anime, and compared it with YOUR mighty country-sama, that doesn't even have anything to do with this anime, calling everything else wrong and pedophilic, without a second thought.
Aug 18, 2017 8:55 AM

Jul 2017
Adellaeda said:
TheAwkward-Otaku said:

It wouldn't have been insulting if you kept it inside the anime world. But "God, just because it's legal in Japan, you're okay with it?" and "Ooh, my apologies for being raised in a Western country", which sounds at least sarcastic, if not downright mocking, took it outside of it. Especially when you continue with "Well, sorry, but I won't change my opinion regarding the pedophilia.", when it's not pedophilia, even in the country the anime is taking place in. THIS is what me and others had an issue with. YOU took it out of the context of the anime, and compared it with YOUR mighty country-sama, that doesn't even have anything to do with this anime, calling everything else wrong and pedophilic, without a second thought.

The only reason why I stated those two quotes was because the reason why I was uncomfortable with it. I was raised in a Western country where the age of consent is 18. I didn't take it out of context anyway, I never mentioned other countries from the start, only when she mentioned Japan. My apologies, but like I said before, I don't plan on changing my position on my opinion. I'm not going to change my ideology to make a couple people happy, sorry, that's not how I work. Also, don't make it seem as if I'm engrossing myself with my country, because I''m not. I'm only half-American, lol. What is "everything else" on your terms? As far as I'm concerned, I only called relationships that I found unsettling in anime (in this case, Hitorijime my Hero) pedophilia. Nothing more, nothing less. Well, I dunno how much more you're planning on stretching out this nonsensical argument. As I said before, everyone gets offended by everything on the internet.
Aug 18, 2017 6:02 PM

Jul 2017
MendoxeD said:
@TheAwkward-Otaku Bait?
Look, we get it. Internet is a wonderful place where you can express your opinions,but please educate yourself before speaking about some issues. First of all, from what I see, you don't know what pedophilia actually is and confuse it to age of consent/being minor.
Okay, we get it. You don't like the show, you hate it, but what is the point of arguing on over it? At least learn to express your opinion and criticize something based on valid facts, not just attacking anyone who points out the flaws in your arguments.

On topic: Did he really have to fucking break the window to get into his house?? That was totally retarded. He'd better pay for that window!

Ooh, someone else! I'd like to inform you properly; I never started a discussion/argument with anyone, actually. Only the 3-4 people that replied to me. I never attacked anyone, as you allegedly stated. I posted my opinion in regards to this, and multiple people responded, taking offense to it. Also, debating, or replying to someone's opinion of my post is not the same as "attacking", so to speak.
My original intention was not to bait anyone, simply to express my individual thoughts. But, of course, there's always going to be people who get offended. It's the internet! Also, surprisingly, I do not hate this anime, highly dislike would be a better term to describe it. On another note, I don't need facts to criticize anything. It makes an argument more justifiable, but it is not necessary. That is all. I'm prepared for more people to bash me sooner or later, that should be fun.
ari-e-sAug 18, 2017 6:19 PM
Aug 19, 2017 2:22 PM

Jul 2014
TheAwkward-Otaku said:
Adellaeda said:

The only reason why I stated those two quotes was because the reason why I was uncomfortable with it. I was raised in a Western country where the age of consent is 18. I didn't take it out of context anyway, I never mentioned other countries from the start, only when she mentioned Japan. My apologies, but like I said before, I don't plan on changing my position on my opinion. I'm not going to change my ideology to make a couple people happy, sorry, that's not how I work. Also, don't make it seem as if I'm engrossing myself with my country, because I''m not. I'm only half-American, lol. What is "everything else" on your terms? As far as I'm concerned, I only called relationships that I found unsettling in anime (in this case, Hitorijime my Hero) pedophilia. Nothing more, nothing less. Well, I dunno how much more you're planning on stretching out this nonsensical argument. As I said before, everyone gets offended by everything on the internet.

"Pedophilia or paedophilia is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children." Source: wikipedia. Do you also need a definition of what "prepubescent children" means?
That is all.

MendoxeD said:
@TheAwkward-Otaku Bait?
Look, we get it. Internet is a wonderful place where you can express your opinions,but please educate yourself before speaking about some issues. First of all, from what I see, you don't know what pedophilia actually is and confuse it to age of consent/being minor.
Okay, we get it. You don't like the show, you hate it, but what is the point of arguing on over it? At least learn to express your opinion and criticize something based on valid facts, not just attacking anyone who points out the flaws in your arguments.

She won't admit that she's wrong and has been spouting bullshit for an entire page, even if you hit her in the head with a dictionary.
Aug 19, 2017 2:29 PM

Jul 2017
Adellaeda said:
TheAwkward-Otaku said:

"Pedophilia or paedophilia is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children." Source: wikipedia. Do you also need a definition of what "prepubescent children" means?
That is all.

MendoxeD said:
@TheAwkward-Otaku Bait?

She won't admit that she's wrong and has been spouting bullshit for an entire page, even if you hit her in the head with a dictionary.

I never stated my opinion was the only right answer either.~
Also, hitting me on the head with a dictionary won't do much except create a bruise, not getting me understand something in particular.~
I honestly don't know what you're trying to accomplish by rebutting my opinions regarding this series. I've said enough that I'd think it would've already gotten to the multiple seemingly intelligent people that have responded to me; I will not change my stance with my opinion. Hm, but please do continue to attempt to get something more out of me. While you're there getting "offended" by my reply that wasn't directed towards one individual person, I'm here laughing at this nonsense. You really can't have an opinion on the internet.~
agressive keyboard typing intensifies
ari-e-sAug 19, 2017 4:16 PM
Aug 25, 2017 11:13 PM
Jul 2017
I was really hoping this show would stay adorable. This episode was kinda scary :(

On another note: Everyone needs CGI fish in their life
Aug 26, 2017 10:18 AM

Aug 2012
seriously people need to calm down
i thought this was supposed to be a discussion about hitorijime my hero?
take your issues somehwere else -_-
May 6, 2019 4:57 AM

Jun 2013
"It must be that time of the month." I'M LAUGHING.
Hasekura was helpful in developing the relationship between Kousuke and Masahiro.
The way Kousuke broke the glass window to save his boyfriend in distress was so fab and sexy. When Kousuke pinned Masahiro down on the bed, I was excited about what will happen next. But the ending was cliffhanger. I WANT MORE!
The delinquent black haired guy is so cute. He looks like Touka Kirishima from Tokyo Ghoul and Tatsuya Himuro from Kuroko no Basket.
Dec 14, 2019 2:19 PM

Aug 2017
YEAHHHH!!! Kousuke jamming Setagawa on the bed!! SEX! SEX! Anyway, I laughed when he broke the window lmao HAHAHAHA

Bruhhh, what's going with that gang?
NurguburuJul 4, 2020 7:04 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 21, 2020 2:19 PM
Aug 2020
ari-e-s said:
Damn. This episode was terrible, in all honesty. I might be a singular thought here, but the idea of seeing Kousuke; a man in nearly his 30's going after a teenager makes me feel uncomfortable. Kousuke is pushing this unhealthy relationship on Settie. Not only was the flow of the episode confusing, the entirety of Kousuke's actions were strange. Breaking and entering, pinning him down? This could easily be sexual assault, but, hey! I've been uneasy with the relationship between the two since the beginning. I honestly expected more from a shounen-ai anime that looked promising. Might drop it if more of this pedophilia nonsense continues.
To be honest, I agree with you. All these girls here defending this shit because they find out "cutie", even if in Japan is legal, people there still dislike this in general and call pedophilia, here in Brazil is the same situation, some countries Homophobia is still legal, it doesn't mean this is right at all. Kousuke just knows that, I stopped watching when I realised they were not 17/18 yet.
Jan 23, 2021 10:59 AM
Aug 2020
damn Kou san is so chill but at the same time he's not, breaking doors and shit sheesh!!

why did they make him so hot i can't
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hitorijime My Hero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KannoSugako - Sep 23, 2017

59 by Abbychi »»
Jan 20, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Hitorijime My Hero Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

livexevil - Jul 22, 2017

54 by luviendsol »»
Dec 3, 2023 10:40 AM

Poll: » Hitorijime My Hero Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

pgmhecateii - Jul 15, 2017

70 by seyowan »»
Nov 6, 2023 1:43 AM

Poll: » Hitorijime My Hero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

27CansOfTuna - Jul 8, 2017

90 by seyowan »»
Nov 5, 2023 11:33 PM

» Does this new visual imply a new season in production (or is this just delusional wishful thinking)?

__potato__ - Jun 27, 2023

8 by KawaiiSmile »»
Jun 30, 2023 1:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.