Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kakegurui - Compulsive Gambler -
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 13, 2017 4:29 AM

Sep 2014
AmyTwo said:
Comander-07 said:
My take on the money cranes would be that they are just so insanely rich that they could probably buy the school and everyone in it.

That's probably true. I think I speculated the whole thing very wrong. lol It was probably a lot more obvious than I'd ever notice myself.

Edited my original comment. No longer saying it's a mental ward now (even though that's still possible).

It looked like a mental ward, could be. In my theory Yumekos sister had something to do with council president and became mentally ill. Just beeing gamble addicted is a too weak motive for me.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 13, 2017 4:40 AM

Jul 2015
Comander-07 said:
AmyTwo said:

That's probably true. I think I speculated the whole thing very wrong. lol It was probably a lot more obvious than I'd ever notice myself.

Edited my original comment. No longer saying it's a mental ward now (even though that's still possible).

It looked like a mental ward, could be. In my theory Yumekos sister had something to do with council president and became mentally ill. Just beeing gamble addicted is a too weak motive for me.

Yeah that is rather weak. Must have a reason behind it. That'd actually be neat and pretty interesting if something like this was true.
Aug 13, 2017 4:46 AM

Aug 2014
Either Yumeko wins by chance or she has done something because as Yumeko added some conditions, Midari added another rule that "if someone one misses the shot, then the opponent shoots back." Pretty risky lol.
Aug 13, 2017 5:10 AM

Nov 2014
I love Midari. She's a total wreck. A perfect match for Yumeko.

5/5
Aug 13, 2017 5:15 AM

Sep 2014
AmyTwo said:
Comander-07 said:

Yeah that is rather weak. Must have a reason behind it. That'd actually be neat and pretty interesting if something like this was true.
Im 100% sure the anime wont show us her motive. Thats usually what is only in the source. But for once I was already planning to read that manga so Im OK with it.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 13, 2017 5:26 AM

Dec 2013
Holy shit, that was exciting as heck.
Willing to bet that Yumeko loaded no bullets in her gun and that's the one that Midari picked up.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 13, 2017 5:50 AM

Aug 2016
rdtx2013 said:
Folklore has it if you fold 1000 cranes you get a wish granted from God
AquaticCitizen said:

There's a legend in japan where if you make like a whole bunch of paper cranes you'll be healed instantly.
I think its like 1000 or something....

yeah, thanks! I have already read about it.
Deknijff said:
uttertwat said:
What's the meaning of Yumeko's sister making those cranes? i don't get it 😖
its said if you make a certain amount of those paper cranes you are given a wish. I once read a book in elementary school that it was common for people in Japan to make those cranes while in the hospital from radiation poison after the nuclear bombs of WW2 so her sister probably has an un curable disease

this scene made me more curious about Yumeko's family and her past especially her sister's case. I really wonder what's up with her? It might be an incurable disease as u said or whatever else...
Aug 13, 2017 6:37 AM

May 2017
AmyTwo said:
World_Creator said:

Lol "potential" Suzui? He's just "the little blind mouse" and is being used by Yumeko with no ill intent of course.

Well you see, why would she even use him in the first place if she knew that there was no potential in him? We already know that Yumeko isn't really a bad person, and that she cares about her friends. She wouldn't throw him in the game at all for no reason. She wouldn't use him if she knew that he didn't have anything in himself. She knows he has potential and she trusts him greatly as well. She wouldn't set the condition that she would only play if he was the dealer if she didn't trust him. Her life is on the line here. lol

SomaHeir said:
Shame there's only 12 episodes left.

Wait, what? There's going to be 18 episodes now? :O

Well you see, the role of a little blind mouse is that they're clueless in the situation at first then connect the dots later on, Con artists use them. And yeah of course Yumeko isn't a bad person, but "potential" is just the wrong word for Suzui's role in this, coz potential is like expecting Suzui to be on their level someday lol
Aug 13, 2017 7:15 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

The girls in this show are certainly a notch above psychotic. xD
I love how they were trying to make out that both Midari and Yumeko were similar in their addiction towards gambling. That moment when they were touching each others faces was good. :3

Pretty intense game here, I'm pretty sure Midari's got the empty gun that Yumeko loaded but who knows. :o
Aug 13, 2017 7:25 AM

Jan 2016
Not 100% with the manga but I don't mind, it was still good enough.
Aug 13, 2017 7:27 AM

Jul 2017
It would be great if Yumeko also loaded her gun with six rounds. That might be why Yumeko tells Midari not to pull the trigger.
So the moment she does and the gun fires it turns out that Midari missed her opponent after the the smoke clears.
I haven't read the manga though so I'm just speculating.
Aug 13, 2017 7:35 AM

Dec 2008
skip11 said:
It would be great if Yumeko also loaded her gun with six rounds. That might be why Yumeko tells Midari not to pull the trigger.
So the moment she does and the gun fires it turns out that Midari missed her opponent after the the smoke clears.

I actually think Yumeko told her not to shoot, because she got Yumeko's empty chambers. If that's the case, Yumeko may shoot, with or without the other gun (it wasnt' actually explained if she'd have to use the same gun). But if she does shoot with the other gun, Midari is 100% dead as that would be the gun she fully loaded.
Aug 13, 2017 7:37 AM
Jun 2016
World_Creator said:
AmyTwo said:

Well you see, why would she even use him in the first place if she knew that there was no potential in him? We already know that Yumeko isn't really a bad person, and that she cares about her friends. She wouldn't throw him in the game at all for no reason. She wouldn't use him if she knew that he didn't have anything in himself. She knows he has potential and she trusts him greatly as well. She wouldn't set the condition that she would only play if he was the dealer if she didn't trust him. Her life is on the line here. lol

Wait, what? There's going to be 18 episodes now? :O

Well you see, the role of a little blind mouse is that they're clueless in the situation at first then connect the dots later on, Con artists use them. And yeah of course Yumeko isn't a bad person, but "potential" is just the wrong word for Suzui's role in this, coz potential is like expecting Suzui to be on their level someday lol

I don't really understand. She's not conning anyone. What do you mean "that they're clueless in the situation at first then connect the dots later on"? If it's regarding how they play the game, then that goes for a lot of people, doesn't it? A common thing.

If it's about being chosen for the sort of thing, then like he's said before, she wouldn't be using him in the first place if he didn't have any potential. She's forced to risk her life else Midari would have shot Suzui. Yumeko will use every means necessary to get them both out of there alive and well. And seeing or thinking that he has a lot of potential doesn't mean that he'll necessarily be at their level. Just that he either has enough capabilities to be of great help even in such a dire situation, or that he actually has more going for himself than even what he'll show in this; either of which while he'll possibly or likely become more and more capable at gambling later on.
Aug 13, 2017 8:04 AM

Jun 2014
Yumeko headpat scene.. Such an angelic face xD
Aug 13, 2017 8:06 AM

May 2017
4Dissinity said:
World_Creator said:

I don't really understand. She's not conning anyone. What do you mean "that they're clueless in the situation at first then connect the dots later on"? If it's regarding how they play the game, then that goes for a lot of people, doesn't it? A common thing.

If it's about being chosen for the sort of thing, then like he's said before, she wouldn't be using him in the first place if he didn't have any potential. She's forced to risk her life else Midari would have shot Suzui. Yumeko will use every means necessary to get them both out of there alive and well. And seeing or thinking that he has a lot of potential doesn't mean that he'll necessarily be at their level. Just that he either has enough capabilities to be of great help even in such a dire situation, or that he actually has more going for himself than even what he'll show in this; either of which while he'll possibly or likely become more and more capable at gambling later on.

I'm not saying she's a con artist well she's kind of one, but my point is she is using him, it's not a bad thing to use a friend or maybe im using the wrong word? Help, she's making Suzui help her, there happy now?

It's like that saying, "to fool the enemies, you first fool your allies" that's actually what a little blind mouse are for

4dissinity, I'm not hating on Suzui, I just don't see any potential on him, gambling is not his thing, imagine him being deceptive, doing a poker face, try cold reading, and even bluffing. The guy is just too pure, he even realize it himself and was about to transfer but Yumeko knows he's a perfect for the role little blind mouse. And yeah without ill intent of course, Yumeko's kind and she treats him as a friend
Aug 13, 2017 8:14 AM

Jun 2016
This show is honestly making me lose faith in "popular" anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 13, 2017 8:14 AM

Jul 2017
sarroush said:
skip11 said:

I actually think Yumeko told her not to shoot, because she got Yumeko's empty chambers. If that's the case, Yumeko may shoot, with or without the other gun (it wasnt' actually explained if she'd have to use the same gun). But if she does shoot with the other gun, Midari is 100% dead as that would be the gun she fully loaded.

That would indeed make more sense. But it'd make for one hell of a twist if Yumeko were to shoot Midari dead. She said herself that someone dying wouldn't be a cause for trouble.
It probably won't happen but it'd definitely be fun. Sort of..
Aug 13, 2017 8:17 AM

Sep 2015
Great episode, the biggest cliff hanger yet. But, I'm still somewhat confused about the rules of the game and what Yumeko and Suzui are plotting.
Aug 13, 2017 8:21 AM

Jul 2017
Why is Suzui getting outmuscled by girls alll the time?! xD
Aug 13, 2017 8:35 AM

Jul 2017
I think Yumeko loaded six bullets in her gun, but did in a way(backward, assuming guns in this episode don't have some mechanics to prevent this) to make it jam. But that's still a big 50/50 risk on her life
Aug 13, 2017 9:06 AM

Feb 2015
The characters in this show are very well developed, I mean they have solid personalities. That girl really wants to watch someone dead. This episode was exciting.
Aug 13, 2017 9:22 AM
Jun 2016
World_Creator said:
4Dissinity said:

I'm not saying she's a con artist well she's kind of one, but my point is she is using him, it's not a bad thing to use a friend or maybe im using the wrong word? Help, she's making Suzui help her, there happy now?

It's like that saying, "to fool the enemies, you first fool your allies" that's actually what a little blind mouse are for

4dissinity, I'm not hating on Suzui, I just don't see any potential on him, gambling is not his thing, imagine him being deceptive, doing a poker face, try cold reading, and even bluffing. The guy is just too pure, he even realize it himself and was about to transfer but Yumeko knows he's a perfect for the role little blind mouse. And yeah without ill intent of course, Yumeko's kind and she treats him as a friend

Oh so that's what you meant, and it's just that you don't see potential in him. That's fine. Whether he actually has potential or not, idrk, but I think he does.

I'm not saying that you were hating on him or anything. I was just confused, man. Was, in a way, trying to help, but it was me that needed help. lol
Aug 13, 2017 11:01 AM

Sep 2013
Yumeko doing it for her sister but there's something more to it of course.
Pres wants saotome and midari forces jabami into a match.
Aug 13, 2017 11:24 AM

Mar 2016
Wow...that was tense! Midari is f**king nutso! The council president seems to be plotting something devious by offering Mary a student council position...hum this is really getting interesting! I can't wait to see how the high stakes game between Yumeko and Midari concludes...I'm sure it will end with a BANG! lol
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Aug 13, 2017 11:37 AM
May 2017
so, Yumeko has no immediate living family aside from her older sister, who is permanently hospitalised? I'm calling it - this is a revenge plot. also nice room from Saw.
Aug 13, 2017 11:38 AM

Mar 2017
Maybe Yumeko didn't load her gun at all, and she knew that she had a 50/50 chance of Midari choosing it (which she did), so now Yumeko gets to shoot Midari with the fully loaded one (i'm only guessing)
Aug 13, 2017 11:48 AM

Jul 2016
I almost make my score an 8 again after this episode, but 1 episode isn't enough for me to do that yet. Maybe the rest of series will change my mind.

Anyway, Yumeko and Midari make for great competitors when paired together. They're both great in their own way, but together, just wow. The show finally puts the 2 craziest girls together. I cannot wait to see how the match ends next week. It has a great start that builds the anticipation.

Aug 13, 2017 11:49 AM
Mar 2016
uttertwat said:
What's the meaning of Yumeko's sister making those cranes? i don't get it 😖
she was making it out of money right? i think it just goes to show how rich yumeko is and that they have money to waste
Aug 13, 2017 12:09 PM
Nov 2016
This episode was awesome. After a one week break.
Aug 13, 2017 12:13 PM
Mar 2016
Oh SHITTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!This is insane and me like , Midari on the table, looks like she got Yumeko's gun that didn't have any bullets, 2 more round s to go.

C'mon Suzu you're a guy you can easily take down those two bitches guarding you.
Aug 13, 2017 12:53 PM
Aug 2017
When is episode 7 coming out? I heard they were releasing 2 episodes
Aug 13, 2017 3:48 PM

Jul 2015
Jabami is way too cute!

Aug 13, 2017 4:59 PM

May 2015
Oh damn, that was a whole new level of nuts. I loved it.

Aug 13, 2017 5:04 PM

Jan 2013
Midari is clearly insane, she should be hospitalized xD
Wonder how Yumeko is planning to win this.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 13, 2017 6:00 PM
Jan 2017
sarroush said:
skip11 said:

This probably isn't relevant to the anime, but in real life if you use a gun long enough you can tell the weight of a gun that is loaded and one that is empty just by holding it.
Aug 13, 2017 10:51 PM

Oct 2011
SAW Room omg
Man she is crazy
Aug 14, 2017 1:47 AM

Jul 2017
Tuestresfat said:
sarroush said:

This probably isn't relevant to the anime, but in real life if you use a gun long enough you can tell the weight of a gun that is loaded and one that is empty just by holding it.

That's why i say she probably used some trick to rig the gun(while loading six bullets)
Aug 14, 2017 2:05 AM

Aug 2013
This is the only show this season that has me legitimately reading the original source as the show is airing because I enjoy it so much. Oh and Academia as well but that's a Spring leftover so...yeah. But omg the edge and insanity intensify and I'm just glad to have it back after what felt like an eternity for a hiatus.
Don't believe the hype.
Aug 14, 2017 2:39 AM

Dec 2015
Yumeko definitely has a plan + it's pretty obvious no-one is going to die but Midari and her lackeys still make me...

~
Aug 14, 2017 2:49 AM

May 2009
So no episode 7 this week? Double episode hopes
Aug 14, 2017 3:39 AM

Apr 2012
Wow... Saw 8 looks great.

Abusaeed said:
Why is Suzui getting outmuscled by girls alll the time?! xD

Because he is a pussy.
Aug 14, 2017 4:23 AM

Mar 2013
Maniac girl and Yumeko are made for each other lol

Yumeko looked fucking cute in the head patting scene <3
Aug 14, 2017 5:55 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Nice to see Kakegurui back from its hiatus.

So after that debt clearing game Meari managed to clear her debt off entirely and revert back to her old self then eh. The girls terrified looks though as they apologized to her was hillarious. I guess reverting back to a human from a mike is unheard off. Its just like Meari's personality to not forgive the student council that humiliated her that much actually. Hmm to think that Yumeko did not use the cash that she had won to pay back her debts though. Given Yumeko's love of having matches i guess staying as a mike really is beneficial to her. Meari really doesn't want to own Yumeko anything doesn't she lol. Hmm surprising to hear that Yumeko's life forms won't be withdrawn though. I wonder what the SU president is thinking. Seems that things are getting serious as the council decided to investigate Yumeko's personal life. To think that Yumeko had access to such assets though. Seems that Midari is pretty determined to win against Yumeko first though. Just like Yumeko to be excited for a official match though. The contrast between Yumeko and Meari's worries though was interesting to see.

Though whats more so was Meari ending up meeting the president and Yumeko Midari. Being handcuffed out of the blue sure was unexpected. Hmm so the beautification committee is essentially the public morals committee eh. Wow an underground holding facility. It will be too easy if Yumeko was able to challenge the president this early without beating the rest of the council though. The ESP game eh. Guessing what cards the person in the other room has sure sounds hard just by looking at the monitor. Russian roulette eh this will be a pretty dangerous game. The contrast between Meari's and Yumeko's meeting though was interesting to see. Hmm an invitation from the president to invite Meari to join the council sure was unexpected. Just like Yumeko to turn the tables on Midari by setting the conditions. Yumeko sure has a lot of faith in Suzui though. Still its nice to see that he cares about her as well. Meari's skill so far certainly makes her deserving of a seat in the council though. The president sure is scary when she's interrogating people though. But man this game really is pretty high stakes far higher than what was seen previously. But looking forward to seeing how this match goes though.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 14, 2017 5:55 AM

May 2015
AndoCommando said:

You're just going to complain every week?

Aug 14, 2017 6:00 AM

Jul 2016
Such an intensely dangerous gambling indeed.

Damn, money origami xD
Aug 14, 2017 6:44 AM

Jun 2016
Kittens-kun said:
AndoCommando said:

You're just going to complain every week?

Until it does something worth my praise, sure.
Aug 14, 2017 6:50 AM

Jun 2016
Jesus. That was a great episode. The room they're all in reminds me a lot of Saw. I like how the game ain't that complicated unlike the previous gambling game they played that had me all confused.

I honestly adore that insane character. She's so crazy, I ship her with a shotgun. Hahahaha!

Maaan, the Student Council President is so scary, but I can't help but love her because her seiyuu is Miyuki Sawashiro.

Another week of waiting. ;-;

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Aug 14, 2017 7:03 AM

Dec 2014
midari enters yes....this so synced with he manga...but the thrill is so much more
Aug 14, 2017 7:37 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I'm looking forward to the thousand doujjins this show will launch :-)

Normal kun was actually more involved in the proceedings this time, and actually tried to be useful.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 14, 2017 7:56 AM

Apr 2017
Crazy and mental.. Yet this again make me quite tense throughout the episode...

Cant wait for next episode

Im at loss of word to explain what I've watched....
Life isn't as fun and easy as anime.
Watch anime to bring that fun!!
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2017

373 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 19, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2017

149 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 18, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2017

119 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 17, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2017

182 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 17, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2017

215 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 16, 10:07 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.