Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 12, 2017 4:38 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Bowling competition between Araragi and Senjougahara.
Good job to Araragi I guess but the gameplay between both were laughable.

The date itself was entertaining though. I really like how the episode pours into building their relationship to the point of first name calling.

Ougi's appearance is chilling. Kinda wonder what decision Araragi will make soon.
Stark700Aug 12, 2017 5:34 AM
Aug 12, 2017 7:22 AM

Mar 2016
MY HEART COULDN'T TAKE HOW PERFECT ARARAGI AND SENJOUGAHARA ARE TOGETHER

all that build up to him saying hitagi... i cried. and when hE CARRIED HER IN HIS ARMS. WHAT A GREAT DATE. I REALLY AM JEALOUS OF THEM BOTH

also fuck ougi. (i'm very excited for the next episode!!!!)
Aug 12, 2017 7:56 AM

Nov 2014
Oh my god, those Hitagi and Araragi scenes were too much for my heart. that date was just amazing. so fucking cute. <3
Aug 12, 2017 8:02 AM

Aug 2015
This obviously show us, Araragi and Senjougahara are the best couple. Beautiful episode, 5/5
Aug 12, 2017 8:11 AM

Apr 2014
it only took 8 years but they finally got to say their first names to each other.
Aug 12, 2017 8:21 AM

Sep 2013
5/5

This was a fun and interesting date. Though I have to say I wouldn't do that much on a date but that's just me. I guess that's why I'm always single. T_T

I laughed when Senjougahara got an 82% on her OWN SONG. I would've loved to hear Araragi sing Chocolate Insomnia though. I bet that would be a joy to listen to.

It's nice to see that this couple can finally call each other by their first names. These two are just too perfect together.

I also loved the new ED showing all the old ED videos in order. I really like the song and ClariS is a good choice for this series.
TehSnawnAug 12, 2017 8:27 AM

Aug 12, 2017 8:49 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
The Ougi conversation at the beginning and end is mysterious. It feels obvious that Ougi is an apparition considering that Gaen wants to get rid of her and Ougi acts very "non-human" like. I don't think Araragi's gonna take any sides in this Gaen and Ougi conflict, but I'm still excited for Ougi Dark nevertheless. As for Hitagi Rendezvous, it was a really fun date arc. Lol, it was pretty funny seeing Senjougahara losing to Araragi so many times. It would've been awesome if we got to hear her and Araragi sing at the karaoke. Lol at Senjougahara not perfecting her own song. But the final scene with the two was cute. Also, they finally call each other by there first names. I though Senjougahara would make fun of Araragi's feminine name like last time, but I guess she didn't. Overall, great arc, but the previous one was better. But this arc was a good breather arc for the (probably) more intense next arc.

5/5
Aug 12, 2017 9:16 AM

Apr 2016
Nice episode good to see familiar faces again especially Hitagi, the date was great... i dont know but i never like Ougi and seems like i never will like.

I'm wondering what they do in that car after sunset ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

So today we get 4 episodes and tomorrow 3 remaining episodes. So 7 in total.
Aug 12, 2017 9:47 AM

May 2016
The date was nice, of course and the resolution is sweet. But that's not the point for me.

Ougi herself, my favourite anime character of all time, is back. I've waited almost two long years for this and I am not disappointed with the realization, especially that chilling after credits talk.
Aug 12, 2017 10:12 AM
Jul 2016
So, Ougi says that she is not the darkness. What the hell is she then? Some kind of apparition obviously, since they are trying to get rid of her. Maybe a new species like Hanekawa's tiger created from Araragi's soul or something like that? Because she always tells him i don't know anything, it's you who knows. Well, hopefully we will find out tomorrow, can't wait!

Also, is it typical for Japanese people, lovers especially, to not call each other by their first names or is the relationship between Araragi and Senjougahara a special case?
Aug 12, 2017 10:23 AM

Aug 2015
Mouloxas said:
Also, is it typical for Japanese people, lovers especially, to not call each other by their first names or is the relationship between Araragi and Senjougahara a special case?

Actually, when you are dating someone, it's normal to call each other by the first name. But, they hadn't achieved that before this episode. That's why it was so beautiful, it's like they are now "officially" lovers.
Aug 12, 2017 10:45 AM

Aug 2012
its about time they finally call each other by first name. bakemonogatari is like so many years ago... lol

someone else always have what you want, but it usually means nothing to them...
Aug 12, 2017 11:48 AM

Jul 2015
At some points I feared the date to be just a meme, because spooky Ougi took a good part of the screen time lmao.

Super cute, I liked it.
Aug 12, 2017 11:54 AM

Sep 2012
Finally we learned what/who Ougi is...

Superb episode great season so far.
Aug 12, 2017 12:04 PM

Jul 2012
4 new episodes in a row quite a rare occasion and monogatari is not that easy to watch. That was a nice recollection of events with some explanations.
A (last) date with Gahara-san, i thought she was losing on purpose, but in the end they're finally calling each other by the first name.
Soon Ougi's secret will be revealed so very interested and it feels like she is the final boss so it is the last arc?! And i hope we'll see Oshino Meme again =/
Aug 12, 2017 12:25 PM

Feb 2015
Just going to use this to talk about the second 2-parter - eps 3 and 4.

Things are coming along nicely. I liked the scene with Tsukihi (don't know how to feel about her treating Yotsugi like a literal doll though).

The date!!! It was so so nice. Their romance has never been presented better than it was in this ep. It's really amazing to see, even if it remids me that I'll never have something like that XD

Ougi. She... I think is manipulating Koyomi? No matter how you look at it, she is not on the "good side" her. But she has a very interesting and deep connection with Koyomi - he may actually be willing to help her.

The best thing is, we only have to wait 1 day!! :D
Aug 12, 2017 12:30 PM
Jul 2018
Wish they kept some of the 4th wall breaks from the novel, but thats a minor complaint! overall 5/5
Aug 12, 2017 12:34 PM

Sep 2015
Does anyone have a screenshot of Hitagi from this episode? I would love to share it to my Facebook! This episode really made me fall in love with Monogatari again... 💗

I also love Hitagi's reply to Arararagi, "If I get dumped, then I'll get chummy with Kanbaru" XD
Aug 12, 2017 12:42 PM

May 2016
"I am not the darkness"-Ougi

Boom goes my mind with that line... I was sure she was the darkness since when it first appeared in Monogatari Series Second Season.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Aug 12, 2017 12:57 PM

Feb 2016
this has to be one of the best dates I've ever seen. (and might be the best moment I've seen on Monogatari Series so far) I might have waited a lot since the reveal of this season coming, but it was completely worth it.

can't wait tomorrow for more <3
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Aug 12, 2017 1:39 PM

Nov 2016
The date was light hearted and fun to watch. Also with a really beautiful end, too bad they didn't show everything, one can just imagine what happened after Koyomi called Hitagi by her first name... :P

Ougi keeps being mysterious, can't wait till we get clarification about her.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 12, 2017 2:12 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
The best episode so far. Araragi and Hitagi going on their date was just fantastic. This was the most cutest/sweetest thing I've seen since they first got together. Them sleeping in the planetarium, going bowling and eating while just talking to each other.

They even finally call each other by their first names. That scene was beautiful and it made me so happy. Can't wait for the next arc as it's finally all bout Ougi. I'm very excited to see it and to see people's thoughts on the arc.

Ah I love Hitagi soooo much. <3
Aug 12, 2017 2:58 PM

Apr 2017
Great so far. There are a few minutes where the talking gets a little too boring, but the best moments are simply stellar. Koyomi's joy of seeing Mayoi again, Koyomi's and Hitagi's last moments are unbelievably touching and last but not least Ougi's entrance is the synonym to tension and drama. Can't wait.
Aug 12, 2017 3:19 PM

Jun 2014
It took this long but they finally called each other by their first names.

Ougi at the end being shady as usual.....
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 12, 2017 4:05 PM
Sep 2014
So when on earth is Zokumonogatari coming out? Isn't that the true ending of the novel series?
Aug 12, 2017 4:41 PM

Dec 2016
Delightful. Also, just watched Kizumonogatari III and my god, this series. When I started Bakemonogatari I never ever thought I would grow to love this series so much. NOW I NEED MORE!!

Edit: I don't know why but I sense that if I rewatch the whole thing I think I'll enjoy it a ton more.
Aug 12, 2017 5:02 PM
Jan 2015
Fantastic ending to Araragi and Senjougahara's date. Reminds me of how charming Koimonogatari was.

5/5 for the name scene alone.

Now Ougi on the other hand...
Aug 12, 2017 5:32 PM

Jan 2016
Man, this whole first special was fantastic. I'm so happy for that, since I thought Final Season was the weakest so far, aside from Tsuki which I adore, and this is on that level.
Aug 12, 2017 6:47 PM

Feb 2015
So, I didn't have Senjougahara on my favorites list until now. I have now come to the realization that that was a horrible mistake. Otherwise, I'm looking forward to seeing what Ougi is up to tomorrow.
Aug 12, 2017 6:51 PM

Oct 2015
Ah, warm scene for my heart, that's a good date :)
A good date turn into first name calling, I still wish there's kissing scene between Araragi Koyomi x Senjougahara Hitagi in the end.

From the future (Hanamono) we know that Araragi is safe, but I still worried about Hitagi condition that time, I hope there's no bittersweet end between this true OTP.

===== warm/date scene aside ======
And now.... waiting for next adaptation here. This final fight development, I still wonder who is Ougi actually, I get some vibe there's somekind of twist (or maybe she's good at lying). And, judging from Araragi's kindness I get the feeling he will help Ougi.
Aug 12, 2017 9:27 PM

Sep 2015
ssj1235 said:
So when on earth is Zokumonogatari coming out? Isn't that the true ending of the novel series?

Let's try to get thru this season first XD
Aug 12, 2017 9:54 PM
Jan 2015
I need gif of that end scene with Hitagi and Koyomi for sure, 11/10
My Queens

Aug 13, 2017 12:34 AM

Jan 2013
Fantastic episode, only for the date, the interlude with Ougi wasn't interesting until the after credits scene.
Aug 13, 2017 2:45 AM

Jun 2015
Ougi just got 10x spookier
That epilogue was ominous
Aug 13, 2017 3:49 AM

Sep 2013
Senjougaha with her long hair again???............then suddenly, everything's right with the world.

OMG the date <3 <3 <3 feels like bakemonogatari all over again <3
Erika___Aug 13, 2017 4:09 AM
Aug 13, 2017 4:04 AM

Jan 2017
The ED, with all the previous EDs in order? Perfect. No other word for it.

I also liked how we got to see how Ougi manipulates Araragi's mind this time. Like in Owari part 1, she'd say, "Oh, yeah, you promised to meet up for sushi" and Araragi'd be like "Huh, did I? Yeah, must have done." This time, we get to see it: Ougi sets it up in a dream, Araragi forgets, and then Ougi reminds him in reality that she asked him to back out of Gaen's business. Since the seed was already planted, he accepts it more easily.

Goddamn I love this series.
Aug 13, 2017 5:54 AM

Aug 2008
10/10 every single episode so far. This one especially did not disappoint.

That moment when you only score an 82% on your own song.
Aug 13, 2017 6:49 AM

Nov 2014
Now I'm sold. I wasn't feeling it at first, but this episode won me over. I must know more about Ougi. And end scene with Hitagi and Koyomi had the impact of a marriage proposal. It was a really strong and beautiful moment.

5/5
Aug 13, 2017 1:00 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Almost a decade after Bakemonogatari came out and delivered that episode 12, we get this perfect date between Koyomi and Hitagi. It was just perfect on all levels. I'm gonna cherish this episode for a long time.

I guess from now on it will be all about Ougi and Araragi. I'm pretty certain now about who Ougi is and it will interesting to see how he will react to finding out.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 13, 2017 2:15 PM

Sep 2011
Damn, it's so cool how entwined the arcs are. Everything is coming together nicely.

Also the date was really nice. Really took me back to the famous episode 12 of Bakemonogatari.
Aug 13, 2017 3:14 PM
Jul 2016
STOP RIGHT FUCKING THERE!!!
there is like half a secend scene when karaoke starts at the hallway with platinum disco playing :P so perfect 33:34 in the version i was watching, senjougahara getting 82 on her own song, even tho senjougahgara isnt my favourit girl she is the one i want araragi with and their date was just amazing
5/5 episode (s im rating episode 3 and 4 togather)
Aug 13, 2017 5:03 PM

Dec 2014
Koyokoyo using Hitagi' s first name for the first time sounded way too odd to me. lul
Aug 13, 2017 9:28 PM

Apr 2016
does someone else notice that Koyokoyo was singing Hanekawa's songand Hitagi singing her own song? XD

also, I'm kinda disappoint we don't get to hear those two perform a duet since the set is on a karaoke when we already hear amazing yet hilarious Senshougahara and Suzuki's duet in Koimonogatari

Aug 14, 2017 5:54 AM

Jul 2014
It's official: Ougi Oshino is absolutely terrifying, even just by talking to Araragi as she has so often done. She's obviously the villain, and the effort put in to sell that to us has proven to be nothing short of excellent.

That aside, Araragi and Senjougahara's date was really cute, and it's nice that they're finally calling each other by their first names.
Aug 15, 2017 4:36 AM
Jul 2018
We started with a lecture on various constellations of the Southern Hemisphere blablablablah...

But overall, the date between Araragi and Senjougahara was really cute, especially that "first-name-basis" moment. Kyaaaaaa

However, Ougi is so ominous, really. Perfect entrance to the Ougi Dark arc
Aug 15, 2017 7:17 AM
Dec 2012
Senjougahara back at it again with the insults and 4th wall breaking. That date though <3

"That's Senjougahara's seat." Araragi my man.
I am not the "darkness." ・_・
Aug 17, 2017 8:28 PM

Jan 2013
that Senjo x Araragi date montage and everything after is pure couple goals
Aug 20, 2017 1:22 AM

May 2015
Damnit Senjougahara! 10 seconds in, and you're already breaking the fourth wall! So blunt!

So Senjougahara likes space...that's cool. And the DATE! Probably one of the best dates I've seen in anime. Especially the scene inside the car at the end of the date. TAKE NOTES! TAKE NOTES!

So Ougi is...God? Back in Owarimonogatari S1, Ougi was rather intimidating in the way she talks and even put Hanekawa under pressure. Now in Owarimonogatari S2, Ougi is straight up terrifying. It feels like she puts you right against the wall and just stares you down, and you can do nothing about it. I don't know what to expect from her, but it's going to be...dark...
TarotistNov 15, 2018 12:58 AM
Aug 20, 2017 2:55 AM
Jun 2016
After the goddamn weak movies (imo), this is the monogatari I love, fuck I loved owari 2
Aug 22, 2017 4:22 AM

Aug 2016
Holy shit I never shipped KoyomixHitagi but this episode had some good romantic development.

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owarimonogatari 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2017

239 by Epiccgaymer »»
Apr 19, 2:07 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2017

34 by Epiccgaymer »»
Apr 19, 1:56 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2017

35 by RioFS »»
Apr 9, 6:48 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2017

47 by RioFS »»
Apr 9, 5:33 AM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2017

81 by RioFS »»
Apr 6, 10:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.