Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 1, 2020 3:08 AM

Nov 2018
So now they have a human Araragi and Kisshot in her prime... How are they going to deal with Kisshot now?
I hate everyone equally
Jun 17, 2020 2:33 AM

Apr 2020
Wtf Ougi. I really never saw that coming. Shit
Aug 22, 2020 5:57 PM

Jan 2019
I’m so confused with what each sword does. I only know the oddity slayer, WHY ARE THERE LIKE 3 SWORDS NOW

Also ougi that bitch! Never liked her
Sep 20, 2020 6:54 PM

Jun 2020
I thought that Mayoi is gonna stay on hell but instead Araragi pull her back well I'm glad that she's back on the real world.

This is interesting mentioning Ougi again is like Ougi is the enemy here well she will probably be.
Nov 10, 2020 10:11 AM

Apr 2019
Yo Dio's back! Honestly never thought I'd see him again in this series.

That's actually a pretty brilliant plan, and here I thought Gaen was possibly evil for killing Koyomi. Also did not expect Teori to be a puppet as well.
And as it turns out, Ougi is the one who sent that hit out on Koyomi. Really looking forward to their counterattack now.

Also Hachikuji is back in the material world!!! She's back baby!! (again(again))

Really well done arc, the story telling never fails to impress me.
Apr 13, 2021 8:19 AM

Oct 2016
Man that was such a fantastic episode. I say it time and time again, but it really is amazing how everything ties together. Also nice to see Tadatsuru again, turns out he was already dead long ago just so he can set up hell to accommodate Araragi's revival, damn. Though technically he's immortal because of his dolls, that's pretty cool.

That "final" talk with Hachikuji was so sweet, didn't expect Araragi to drag her back with him lmao, that was so fucking good and hilarious. That's based Araragi right there.

Yo, Kiss-Shot Acerola-Orion Heart-Under-Blade in the flesh, well she was about to rip off Gaen's flesh right there. The Dream Span has been introduced long ago, never would have expected it would be used this way, that's awesome. They really made Shinobu like a model when she was approaching Araragi lmao. Well, Shinobu is back in full power and Hachikuji is also back, it's time for war against Ougi.
Mar 14, 2022 3:46 PM

Feb 2020
This was supposed to be an "answer" kind of episode, but I ended up with even more questions than I had before (not that I'm complaining).

From what I understood, the puppeteer guy (I forgot his name so let's go with Gepetto) died after trying to do what's akin to some satanic ritual where he tried to make a living doll and the failure led him to hell (basically). From there on he kept going back to the living world using a doll (I didn't quite get if said doll was the one he was making before dying) which makes him half-human, half-oddity.
He let himself be "killed" by Ononoki because that was part of a plan orchestrated by those who knew the truth about the whole thing, these people being Gaen, Oshino and... And I forgot the third one. But anyway, Araragi and Shinobu weren't categorized as harmful on Gaen's network, yet things changed and she made Araragi's death part of her plan which is why Oshino came to Gepetto's house, Gepetto who initially wasn't part of Gaen's network. But the confusing part (to me) is that Oshino came to Gepetto's house to tell him he shouldn't harm Araragi and shinobu, yet the result is that he participated in this mission so... I'm definitely getting things mixed up here.

Aside from that, what's also very important is that Gaen killed Araragi in order to only revive his human side, since I'm guessing his vampire side is what the enemy is after, or at least what is linking the enemy to him. Something like that.
And now because of that Shinobu is back at a full vampire, don't know if that's an important plot point but it terms of character development it's surely intriguing and I'm looking forward to what it will lead to.

But going back to the plot, of course there is a last information that is very important to mention which is the identy of the one who orchestrated Araragi's murder. As I partially expected, that's Ougi. Partially because while her being a very important part of the whole thing was totally obvious to me, now with the context and all I'm getting confused. When Gepetto talked about the murder, was he talking about the one Gaen ended up doing, or one Gaen prevented from happening through killing him herself ? Because if that's the first answer (which is most likely the case) then there are several things I don't get.
As we know, Araragi's murder has been orchestrated as a mean to neutralize the enemy, but first of all, until now it seemed clear to me that Gaen was at the head of this plan and that she wasn't taking any order from anyone else. And second of all, I've already talked about that on previous discussions, all the informations we have regarding the enemy are leading to one specific character, which happens to be Ougi (and with the break I took from the series I had the time to rethink it, and I still don't see any other character who fits this description as well as Ougi does, it's totally obvious that's her). But then that means Ougi orchestrated Araragi's murder, Gaen followed up and made a plan to achieve that, including Gepetto, Oshino and Hachikuji in said plan. It doesn't work. Or to be more precise, if Gaen were the only one involved in this I wouldn't have questioned it all that much but there are people who are certified allies involved into this. So I don't get it.
Because that's the thing, I already talked about that before, I have no idea if Gaen is to be trusted or not because she just seems to be switching sides based on what's useful to her or whatever cause she's working for. When I realised here that she might've been collaborating with Ougi it immediately brought me back to her having once given Hachikuji to the Darkness, as well as how she didn't seem innocent in Kaiki's murder (a murder we know for sure has been orchestrated by Ougi). So I could believe that she has some deeper motives we cannot understand yet. But with Gepetto, Oshino and above all Hachikuji involved, the implications are enormous. For now the only explanation I can give is that Gaen's logic here is basically to do what the enemy demands in order to get closer to her and ultimately defeat her, but there are still things that don't work, the biggest one simply being that there's no way Ougi would let herself be fooled like that.
Well, as usual with Monogatari I guess I just have to wait for more informations instead of thinking too far ahead.
One thing though, I might be totally overthinking it but I noticed Gepetto (yup I'll always call him that) pronounces the "g" as "n", for example he calls Yotsugi "Yotsuni". And so when he said Ougi's name, it ended up sounding like "Oni" which is a word for "demon". So if we translate his line that way, it's basically "The one who orchestrated your murder is the Oshino demon". The chances of me overthinking are very high but I still wanted to point that out, we never know with this show.

Also, I know this post is getting very long (it has become an habit when it comes to my Monogatari discussions), but there are still a few things left that I believe are worth pointing out. Firstly, I remember having been confused back in Koyomimonogatari when it was mentionned that Kanbaru had been kidnapped, but now with this episode I remember this had already been mentionned before (along with Karen's and Tsukihi's situation), but I can't remember at all when nor what had been said regarding that. Overall I'm quite confused when it comes to that.
Another thing, I was very surprised whatever happened to Kagenui hasn't been brought up (it surprised me when it was said that Ononoki was doing okay, that's kind of contradicting what has been said at the end of Koyomimono), and what surprised me even more is that neither Ononoki nor her knew the truth. Ononoki's whole mission was to protect Araragi from the enemy, so why have they been kept in the dark ? Somehow this is giving more weight to the theory about Gaen actually collaborating with the enemy, but it doesn't make it any less confusing.
A last thing, I'm not sure I understand why Hachikuji no longer reunites the conditions to be attacked by the Darkness, and the same goes for Araragi actually. Iif they're supposed to be dead and came back to life, isn't that a form of lie ? Or maybe since they're actually alive instead of simply being ghosts the conditions are different.

Oh and of course, I have to mention Araragi wondering if he deserves this second chance and ending up realising the meaning of life. There's not much to say in terms of analysis but it was a good and surprising scene, as well as quite sad since it implies Araragi has a suicidal mindset (which isn't that surprising if we consider some of his previous dialogues, like the one he had with Ononoki at the end of Owari S1).

Well, it feels a bit weird to come back to the show after having taken such a long break but I very quickly got back into it, though it really reminded me why I took that break : it's intellectually and emotionally exhausting. But that's why it's great.
Apr 28, 2022 11:53 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Wait, Araragi can simply grab Mayoi and take her out of hell like that? I mean I have no idea how but hey I'll TAKE IT

NYANPASU
5700XT

Aug 18, 2022 9:08 AM
Jan 2020
This episode was absolutely amazing, loved to see the relationship between Senjyougahara and Araragi, and I can't wait to see more of Ougi and what she is, this series never fails to deliver
Mar 28, 2023 11:47 AM

Nov 2010
Araragi is meant to be resurrected since he's the protagonist. Duh.
As always, I dislike it when they must bring back a character that's supposed to have died (Mayoi). It invalidates the emotional investment. However, the show states she has an important use later. So, whatever.

Fafette said:

Well, it feels a bit weird to come back to the show after having taken such a long break but I very quickly got back into it, though it really reminded me why I took that break : it's intellectually and emotionally exhausting. But that's why it's great.

Yup, it's intellectually and emotionally exhausting because of its roundabout way of telling a simple story. It's so tedious to watch to the point where it's no longer entertaining at times. It's style is not my cup of tea and I'll never be able to give this show a 9/10.
Nov 10, 2023 6:38 PM

Nov 2023
Kiss-Shot Acerola-Orion Heart-Under-Blade in her full form!!!!! However, their pairing and their vampiric ways (their own ways) have been severed. I don't like it
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owarimonogatari 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2017

239 by Epiccgaymer »»
Apr 19, 2:07 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2017

34 by Epiccgaymer »»
Apr 19, 1:56 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2017

100 by Epiccgaymer »»
Apr 19, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2017

35 by RioFS »»
Apr 9, 6:48 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2017

47 by RioFS »»
Apr 9, 5:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.