Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Owarimonogatari 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion

Aug 24, 2017 7:31 AM
Where this graphisms come from ?
I actually remember that it comes from a game but I don't remember which one ..

Aug 26, 2017 7:56 AM
Wonderful masterpiece and master of the Anime 😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘

Oct 10, 2017 4:36 AM

It don´t change in the plot style, more speak, many topics, summaries and all to arrive a small resolution, revive Araragi!!! Yes, Araragi is death, now is in the Hell and for continues he need to be revived!!!

Hello, my litte boy!

Oct 13, 2017 4:12 PM

Mayoi :3 pretty lovely first episode, looking forwards to see what the rest of these shorter season has to offer!

Oct 17, 2017 8:43 AM

I love how Araragi treat Hachikuji, I actually want to abuse her like that too, lol

Nov 27, 2017 9:12 AM

Can someone explain WTF happened?
"You don't need a reason to live, you just live"
-Nero Vanetti, 91 Days

Jan 7, 2018 8:03 PM

Good to see Hachikuji again!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.

Jan 11, 2018 3:37 AM

Araragi & Mayoi moments are Gold lol

Luke72 said:
Is this referring to the first 40 mins? I'll just have to assume so...

Wow, that was excellent!!! The visuals and art and animation were stunning, especially when Hachijkuji took Koyomi through his past. The plot was explained very well. The information dump was not too much to bare. I knew Ougi was the villain, so it's all great. And does this mean Hachikuji is staying?? Oh my god, that would be amazing.

I really liked Hachikuji's new OP. But they didn't play the ClariS ED yet. I guess we'll get it at the end of the next long episode. Ahh, I'm just so happy that Monogatrai is back!!!
SaigoKensei said:
So were the two 43 minute parts a single episode or has someone just neglected to create an episode 2 Discussion post?

Either way, by the end of the second 43 minutes I was feeling really nostalgic and sad as the ED played back all those backgrounds. It really feels like the end is nigh.

I loved the Kizu artstyle but I still missed the familiar artstyle from everything prior. I'm glad it's back. I also appreciated the use of the ED artstyle being injected into the actual episode of the first 43 minutes.

All in all, it really felt like the Monogatari I've been missing and there's some good rising action going on in between the moments of character development. Looking forward to the rest of it.
Kagami said:
Paul said:
Very nice start. Was expecting him to take her along, was hilarious when he did so using his legs.

Also get to see adult Shinobu with her walking with some kind of stage light flashing on her like some fashion model. She's always such a sight to see.

Was the 43 minutes 1 or 2 episodes together?

ppl who upload the series just made 7 EP in to 3EP original like its made is 7EP each ep 22min long

so yes each EP is 2EP together & EP3 is 3EP together

Kittens-kun said:
SubscriberSun said:
Oh Araragi, please change. As soon as humanly possible. I seriously thought he'd grown past the feeling up Hachikuji phase for a minute there. But of course not. At any rate solid episode. I think it had some of the best animation we've seen from the series. Other than the Kizu films. The stream of consciousness opening. Araragi and Hachikuji's trip down memory lane. Which was by the way the best recap episode I've ever seen. The episode has stunning animation and creative visuals that will really capture your attention. Shaft's ability to turn these wordy little light novels into absolute head trips of anime is still strong and unparalleled.

I don't think there's a whole lot to say about the plot. Araragi's no longer a vampire which will surely have interesting and surprising consequences. We spend a lot of the second half of the episode with Ononoki's creator from Tsuki-. Which was unexpected but also added a lot to his character I think. As well as slowly unraveling the central plot of this 3rd Season more. And hinting at the long absent Oshino Meme's involvement in the whole mess.

A lot of this episode felt like set up. But it seems to have an intriguing end game here I haven't quite wrapped my head around. And it had a real genuine story where Araragi was forced to reckon with his successes and regrets. And was faced once again with the question he couldn't find the answer to at the very beginning with Kizu. Is his own life worth anything? Also I'm very happy that Hachikuji was revived. Part of it feels like this series just can't seem to stick a cork in anything. And may well continue on indefinitely forever. But I thought she was going to just get ditched in Hell forever. Glad that was not the case. Also her OP was really cute. It feels like it'd been so long since I'd seen a new one from Monogatari.

You took those parts seriously?

well some ppl don't get the comedy & take stuff like this 2seriously cause of that
Modified by Sugram22, Jan 11, 2018 3:47 AM

Feb 8, 2018 1:20 PM

Pretty confusing first episode, but what else did I expect from Monogatari. I do remember Gaen cutting him down, but I can't really remember why... been too long since I watched the first season of Owarimonogatari. Didn't expect him to wind up in hell though, but apparently Gaen planned his resurrection as well, interesting :3

Oct 8, 2018 3:43 PM

Own, this was so good... I really love Mayoi.

I loved the representation of hell that ended up breaking the cliches of horror animes.
"No matter where you go, everyone's connected." Iwakura, Lain.

Dec 27, 2018 8:35 AM

there's some weird interpretation here I don't know about.

1-How Dying before your parent is Instant hell

2-The many levels of Hell

3-Hachikuji Should be on the Pilling stone one (The fk kind of hell is that i wonder?)

4-Hachikuji IN HELL

I like where Arararagi Was Judging His very Actions When He was Alive...Says he would do it all again... Also the Way He lewd her....NICEEEEEEEEEE!
Front Hooks...Oh yeah...

Apr 8, 1:15 PM

So this is after Koyomimonogatari (Koyomi Dead) - after he's died.
Poor Hachikuji being abused straight away by Araragi O_O

Lmao the forth wall break with Ononoki

Really interesting first episode, we see him reflect on his decisions and actions.
Apparently ressurecting is part of the plan aswell ^^

May 1, 9:25 AM
Well, what a light interpretation of "hell." The talk was nice, I miss Hachikuji..
Modified by twoego, May 1, 11:31 AM

May 31, 11:13 PM
This series has a different view of hell than the common knowledge.

Ononoki being Mayoi's successor still vague.

They skipped the talk about Kanbaru, seems that will become a big issue.

Now that they mention 'balance'. Ougi had the same motivation as Meme to balance things.
Modified by Kish0, Jun 1, 3:17 AM

Pages (2) « 1 [2]