Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 11, 2017 8:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, that's tragedy in a nutshell...
It's sad that events like that happen but that's life. Those bullies were such morons though.

Pretty emotional episode imo. Parents that gets involved in events that costs lives never seems to end well especially when you add the elements of Hell to it. I also really felt bad for Michiru. Some of the kids and adults in her life treated her like trash.

Stark700Aug 11, 2017 10:01 AM
Aug 11, 2017 10:34 AM

Oct 2013
Well that's a hell girl story! but it will be another girl who won't do/want her job eh ? she looks more like an heaven girl right now
Aug 11, 2017 11:01 AM
Mar 2010
This was terrible... They just rehash, each season so far has been very different, but this is a complete rehash, although the story of Michiru was forced drama, nothing special, nothing unique. They just repeat the third season with a different character. Combine to the re-used OST and the crappy animation quality and you have a complete disaster. What are these ambitions of ruining old and successful franchises. Instead of exploring more of Tsugumi and Hajime story we got this. Michiru we don't even know and we have to care for, completely crappy weekly story. Even Ai is not herself, everything is so alien to the franchise, completely out of sync. You had just 6 episode and you couldn't write and animate them properly? This is just ridiculous. Jigoku Shoujo had 78 episodes in it's 3 season and none of them felt so forced.
Aug 11, 2017 12:00 PM
Jul 2016
Logic!?! In Jigoku Shoujo!?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Ahem... So, a Yuzuki clone it is then. With even less personality, if that is even possible. Question is, will she have the same ending as Yuzuki? I think she probably will, because Deen don't want to remove Ai from the series. There is one tiny problem with that though. This season will be EXACTLY THE SAME as season 3. Well, Michiru is wearing THE kimono in the preview so all will become clear next week.
MouloxasAug 11, 2017 12:38 PM
Aug 11, 2017 12:03 PM

Aug 2015
LOLed at how Kikuri accused that Yamawaro was cheating on her.

Episode story:
I have to say, I am glad that those mean bullies died for not following road safety. That's your payment for being boasty and being such an a-hole. I guess that one of the bully's mom (at the end) regained conscience on what might happen to the victim's parents is she did sent their son to hell. Glad that he didn't get sent. We might see him again on the next episode based from the preview.

Michiru's Past:
A-HOLES!! WTF?! HOW DARE THEY DO THAT TO THE SAGAE FAMILY?!
*ahem*
Poor Mr. Sagae. The villagers totally forgot the efforts he made to allow the access for electricity in each households. The child of the landlord(?) is f*kin' bratty.

Hell Girl New Candidate:
As expected; Michiru's a candidate. I wonder how it works as Ai was doomed to be the Hell Girl for eternity. Did she seriously trying to ditch her job?

Jokes aside, Michiru will in fact be a Hell Girl (Guys, look at the preview. She's got red eyes). Please do your duty well Michiru. Don't f*ck up like Yuzuki.
T-T

I am anticipating Michiru's resolve on the next episode. After that, 'Reminiscence' Arc will air. I hope that those extra scenes that they'll add will be worthy for re;watching. I would feeling dissapointed if is is not. ㅠ-ㅠ

I can't grade this week's episode. I've been too kind, thus there is a need to revise my personal grading system.
dustyriceAug 11, 2017 12:10 PM
Peridot is my favorite Crystal Gem.
Aug 11, 2017 12:30 PM

Dec 2013
That's a sad state of affairs for both Michiru and the young boy's family. Worst part is it wasn't even either of their faults, yet Michiru's family paid with their lives in the worst way.

Still, I wonder just how Michiru's resolve will be after she realized that her grudge upon her death condemned her entire village to flames.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 11, 2017 1:03 PM
Aug 2017
Does someone know the name of Soundtrack from 10:14 in this episode ( its the same one like in the Futakomori's last episode when Ema Ai becomes human again)
Aug 11, 2017 1:03 PM

Oct 2016
I knew Michiru being the next Hell Girl was coming but it was so forced and contrived and again yet another episode where the characters in the show felt as if they were written to be excessively cruel to the point of siding with the accusatory landlord for no freaking reason and blindly not listening to reason for plots sake. Michirus family was stupid. After the first two days of Michiru being missing why didn't they call the police insyead of waiting 10 days?After the landlord accused Michiru of killing her son why would they stay there? Why would Michiru trust the guy that hated her a day prior? There's naïveté and plain stupidity.

I also cared more about the little boys family plotline more than Michiru finding herself and it annoyed me that much more of the episode was spent focusing on her. From episode one onwards, I cared very little for the character and her arc. I didn't expect it to be a direct rehash- and a point less rehash at that. Back onto the boys plotline, it might sound cruel to say but those 3 little boys deserved to die because they were very stupid. Unrealistically stupid and had no sense of self preservation because of plot. It wasn't bad little boys being stupid and getting what they deserve because of it - it was just stupid characters being written stupidly so they can die and Michiru can have a plotline parallel- as if there was a real chance something like that would happen in that way just so she can have a reason to sympathize. I've only liked one episode this season so far and that's episode 4. Everything else just fee!s like a hollow shell of the former Hell Girl desperately trying to match the format of the previous seasons and what made the show so popular but its not working. This season just feels bad man.
Aug 11, 2017 1:15 PM

Mar 2009
A very good episode, conveying a lot of feelings in the watcher's heart (anger, pity, surprise...).
This fouth series doesn't desapoint a bit, even if the 4th épisode is the best to date.
Aug 11, 2017 1:41 PM

Sep 2012
As usual we get the main event ep since we are close to the end.

Was nice to see.
Aug 11, 2017 1:43 PM
Jun 2016
Anyone else notice the parallels with 18if this week?

Both are good, but I was thinking the first half of this weeks 18if made me think of hellgirl, now I see hellgirl had a simular plot about bullies and reactions.
Aug 11, 2017 1:52 PM
Mar 2013
why she has to pay for what she done unconsciously, makes no sense and the village deserved it

this episode points out that Hell Girl also sins when sends people to Hell, logical? When is she gonna pay for that lol
Aug 11, 2017 2:01 PM
Jun 2016
Pleistoros said:
why she has to pay for what she done unconsciously, makes no sense and the village deserved it

this episode points out that Hell Girl also sins when sends people to Hell, logical? When is she gonna pay for that lol

it';s the curses come back to roost. They cursed people, so now must fullfill that duty
Aug 11, 2017 2:15 PM

Mar 2017
This was a really good episode and in relation from what I said last episode Kikuri and Yamawaro actually had a really funny scene together haha.

It was really satisfying to see her rage just burn all those other villagers as well lmao considering thier ignorance to what happened xD

Theodore_Sallis said:
A very good episode, conveying a lot of feelings in the watcher's heart (anger, pity, surprise...).
This fouth series doesn't desapoint a bit, even if the 4th épisode is the best to date.

Agreed ! :D
This is my signature
Aug 11, 2017 2:47 PM

Feb 2010
MikazukiRanbu said:
I knew Michiru being the next Hell Girl was coming but it was so forced and contrived and again yet another episode where the characters in the show felt as if they were written to be excessively cruel to the point of siding with the accusatory landlord for no freaking reason and blindly not listening to reason for plots sake. Michirus family was stupid. After the first two days of Michiru being missing why didn't they call the police insyead of waiting 10 days?After the landlord accused Michiru of killing her son why would they stay there? Why would Michiru trust the guy that hated her a day prior? There's naïveté and plain stupidity.

For the sake of discussion, I would like to know where you are from. You see, depending on the country you live in, some behaviors are considered plain stupidity. I will make an example of Japan which is appropriate here, and France where I spent quite some time. In Japan, people leave their phone and wallet on tables when they are ordering at the counter. Try the same in France and they're gone. In France, leaving your phone anywhere unattended is plain stupidity. It can even be stolen in your pocket. In Portugal, when you order takeaway food in a shopping mall, you have real dinnerware that you can leave on tables after you're done, someone will take care of it. In France, you have disposable ones because people would take stuff home. I'm not bashing France, it's just to point out different mentalities. I'm sure you heard of girls staying silent in Japanese trains when being groped. That would never happen in France. And Michiru's family did call the police, just that policemen could not find her. Rule of authority explains the excessive cruelty of villagers siding with the landlord. There was a similar case in Germany with soldiers following a certain dictator.

It's true that Michiru is naive, she's a little girl. She thought people were nice, followed three little devils to a pond, and thought the guy was helping her buy tofu. Can't expect her to know about scheme and betrayal from the accident. And you don't move to another village so easily, especially when you know you have done nothing wrong.

I know Michiru being the next hell girl was predictable but it doesn't stop the show from being enjoyable. Hell, we are talking about an anime where you have Hell Girl send someone to Hell every episode (mostly). Hope you can still enjoy the show.
Aug 11, 2017 2:55 PM

Mar 2012
dustyrice said:
LOLed at how Kikuri accused that Yamawaro was cheating on her.

Episode story:
I have to say, I am glad that those mean bullies died for not following road safety. That's your payment for being boasty and being such an a-hole. I guess that one of the bully's mom (at the end) regained conscience on what might happen to the victim's parents is she did sent their son to hell. Glad that he didn't get sent. We might see him again on the next episode based from the preview.

Michiru's Past:
A-HOLES!! WTF?! HOW DARE THEY DO THAT TO THE SAGAE FAMILY?!
*ahem*
Poor Mr. Sagae. The villagers totally forgot the efforts he made to allow the access for electricity in each households. The child of the landlord(?) is f*kin' bratty.

Hell Girl New Candidate:
As expected; Michiru's a candidate. I wonder how it works as Ai was doomed to be the Hell Girl for eternity. Did she seriously trying to ditch her job?

Jokes aside, Michiru will in fact be a Hell Girl (Guys, look at the preview. She's got red eyes). Please do your duty well Michiru. Don't f*ck up like Yuzuki.
T-T

I am anticipating Michiru's resolve on the next episode. After that, 'Reminiscence' Arc will air. I hope that those extra scenes that they'll add will be worthy for re;watching. I would feeling dissapointed if is is not. ㅠ-ㅠ

I can't grade this week's episode. I've been too kind, thus there is a need to revise my personal grading system.

Ai enma was sentenced to atone for her crime for eternity ''Until'' she had repayed her debt of the sin she committed.

Anyway i yes i do feel that this is plot is recycling the same plot that the third season had..except this time it has less filler in it and goes staight to the point.

What i realy hate this show is that in the first season the morality of people being sent to hell was more on the shade of grey but the season following it especially s 3 and this one the characther are so black it is to much to take. I also hate it they they have to suffer the sin when that sin itself was forced upon them..where the hell is god in this story..geez their has to be a line to far.

I am glad that the mother at least did not send the kid to hel..god i was literally speaking...NO NO NO...this is to far for fks sake dont do it...and i got relieved it did not happen.

I do not know i do not wish for this new girl to be the new hell girl but at the same time i feel that ai has to finally get a chance to move on in peace...huh no matter what solution this story wil never have a full happy ending. :( it is the reason i both love and hate it at the same time.
Aug 11, 2017 3:10 PM

Jun 2017
Sapphire_91 said:
This was terrible... They just rehash, each season so far has been very different, but this is a complete rehash, although the story of Michiru was forced drama, nothing special, nothing unique. They just repeat the third season with a different character. Combine to the re-used OST and the crappy animation quality and you have a complete disaster. What are these ambitions of ruining old and successful franchises. Instead of exploring more of Tsugumi and Hajime story we got this. Michiru we don't even know and we have to care for, completely crappy weekly story. Even Ai is not herself, everything is so alien to the franchise, completely out of sync. You had just 6 episode and you couldn't write and animate them properly? This is just ridiculous. Jigoku Shoujo had 78 episodes in it's 3 season and none of them felt so forced.

This is fundamentally different though, Yuzuki didn't commit a grave sin to become hell girl, she just messed up afterwards xD.

I am not happy that the writers want to replace Ai so badly though but she deserves a break I guess.
Aug 11, 2017 3:25 PM

Sep 2015
Here we go again... XP
Aug 11, 2017 3:28 PM

Sep 2015
You know, I just want to see an ark on Enma Ai. I want to see her go through growth, not seeing other people do horrible things to each other. Then trying to replace her. Can they please do that next season?
Aug 11, 2017 3:59 PM

Sep 2011
:/

To start with the good, it was refreshing to see an episode where no one pulls the string for once. I can't remember now if that ever happened before, but even if it did it's been like once, twice maybe? And the parallelism between both the boy's situation and Michiru's and between Michiru and Ai could have been really cool...

...Except the execution just wasn't quite right. It was all too heavy-handed and felt pretty forced, and I think a big part of that is that they tried stuffing too much into too little screen time. If there had been more time devoted to foreshadowing, filling in more details, maybe even a little misdirection... maybe this could have been cool. But instead it all comes off as feeling way too familiar, like a mish-mash of things they've already done.

I was really excited to hear there would finally be a 4th season, AND with the original director to boot. But I'm sad to say this has been pretty disappointing, and with only 1 more new episode I don't have a lot of hope that will change...

:/
"EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Aug 11, 2017 4:17 PM

Dec 2012
It's pretty interesting for me. I have only seen the Mitsuganae season of Hell Girl but haven't got to watching the rest. It has been keeping me interested this season and now especially with the background story of Michiru. It would be much better if Michiru could act as a counterweight to Hell Girl (like heaven girl). Being able to recognize someone's sins and be able to send people to heaven if they were wrongfully sent to hell. Wouldn't that make for a interesting dynamic ? She does mention heaven here and there though.
Aug 11, 2017 4:49 PM

Jun 2017
Benmashi said:
It's pretty interesting for me. I have only seen the Mitsuganae season of Hell Girl but haven't got to watching the rest. It has been keeping me interested this season and now especially with the background story of Michiru. It would be much better if Michiru could act as a counterweight to Hell Girl (like heaven girl). Being able to recognize someone's sins and be able to send people to heaven if they were wrongfully sent to hell. Wouldn't that make for a interesting dynamic ? She does mention heaven here and there though.

You should really watch the first two seasons, while I personally liked the third it's one of the worst ones and disliked by many.
Aug 11, 2017 4:52 PM

Jun 2016
I feel bad that I didn't feel bad when those bullies died in the car crash. You don't act like that and expect to live. It did remind me of this one commercial from many moons ago.

Always wear your seat belt kids.

This does seem like a rehash of Yuzuki's story, but if I remember correctly Yuzuki's grudge didn't kill a lot of people. She died a sad death and then became a ghost girl who ended up possessed. Michuru destroyed a village, much in the same way Ai did. Yuzuki had more of a choice in the matter, which is why she was possessed by Ai so she could see the horror's of humans I guess. But Michuru has to atone for what she did, so she'll probably become a hell girl type only not be as strict with the job maybe? Like if she thinks someone is good then she won't send them to hell and stuff?

I don't know if this means anything though. Tsugumi did say that she's seen girls like Yuzuki before and those who had potential to be Hell Girl in the last season, so I wonder if Michuru is kind of the closest one so far?

After the next episode we're getting six remake ones, right? I wonder how they'll wrap up Michuru's story. Will it be like Yuzuki or will something else happen? If it is like Yuzuki, then did we need a season four?
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Aug 11, 2017 4:54 PM

Dec 2012
MomoSinX said:
Benmashi said:

You should really watch the first two seasons, while I personally liked the third it's one of the worst ones and disliked by many.

Awesome, it can only get better then. It was also in the time I started watching more serious anime (other than dragon ball etc.), so my standards should be higher nowadays. They're on my list, that's for sure.
Aug 11, 2017 7:18 PM

Nov 2015
yooo so are we just gonna ignore the whole ending of the last season where Ai was doomed to be Hell Girl forever?? Like wasn't that the whole dramatic solution to stopping her from being replaced?

I liked this episode otherwise. Maybe there'll just be two Hell Girls active at once, perhaps to bring to attention that SO MANY people are using it now?
Aug 11, 2017 9:18 PM

Jul 2010
While I enjoy Michuru's story, it seems like a rehash of Ai's backstory but with a more modern twist.

It seems a sure fire way to be hell girl is to burn an entire village up. I mean, I know the sin is probably mass murder, but it's always just burning.
Aug 11, 2017 10:31 PM

Aug 2008
Michiru's story would have been really good and touching... if it weren't a rehash of Yuzuki's and Ai's stories. Also, the villagers were dumb as hell. Let's burn a family in the middle of the town, where all of the houses are made of wood! What's the worst that could possibly happen?

I've been a pretty big fan of the series, but I really feel like the plot is getting worse and worse each season.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but at the end of season 3, because Yuzuki failed her mission as Jigoku Shoujo, wasn't it stated that Enma Ai will always be the Jigoku Shoujo?

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Aug 11, 2017 11:23 PM

Oct 2016
Minami-Nan said:
MikazukiRanbu said:

For the sake of discussion, I would like to know where you are from. You see, depending on the country you live in, some behaviors are considered plain stupidity. I will make an example of Japan which is appropriate here, and France where I spent quite some time. In Japan, people leave their phone and wallet on tables when they are ordering at the counter. Try the same in France and they're gone. In France, leaving your phone anywhere unattended is plain stupidity. It can even be stolen in your pocket. In Portugal, when you order takeaway food in a shopping mall, you have real dinnerware that you can leave on tables after you're done, someone will take care of it. In France, you have disposable ones because people would take stuff home. I'm not bashing France, it's just to point out different mentalities. I'm sure you heard of girls staying silent in Japanese trains when being groped. That would never happen in France. And Michiru's family did call the police, just that policemen could not find her. Rule of authority explains the excessive cruelty of villagers siding with the landlord. There was a similar case in Germany with soldiers following a certain dictator.

It's true that Michiru is naive, she's a little girl. She thought people were nice, followed three little devils to a pond, and thought the guy was helping her buy tofu. Can't expect her to know about scheme and betrayal from the accident. And you don't move to another village so easily, especially when you know you have done nothing wrong.

I know Michiru being the next hell girl was predictable but it doesn't stop the show from being enjoyable. Hell, we are talking about an anime where you have Hell Girl send someone to Hell every episode (mostly). Hope you can still enjoy the show.

I'm from the United States and I acknowledge that there are cultural/behavioral differences between where I live and what happens in Japan but that doesn't change the fact that it was a stupid decision to make and that this season so far has been pretty bad and contrived in terms of writing. I'm a longtime fan of Hell Girl and have watched every episode and have even read the manga to it ( that no one likes apparently ) but I honestly feel this season is pretty bad and it doesn't feel like its going to get any better. The show may be enjoyable for you and but it isn't for me. Michiru being the the next Hell Girl and it being predictable since episode one made it less enjoyable. Just because you don't think so doesn't mean it doesn't have an effect on the opinion of others.

Also the villagers were literally telling them to die. They didn't want them there. Everyone hated them after the accident and willfully believed them to be murderers. Michiru could understand their hatred and that what they said is cruel but she couldnt tell the guy was tricking her? After what those little boys had done and what happened with the landlady and the other villagers? The fact that they assumed there would be no repercussions for the murders that their daughter was accused of was idiotic on the parents part as well and they shouldn't have let her go out alone in the first place. In the end, the three boys brought their deaths on themselves however the deaths of Michiru and her parents was sort of on Michiru and her family as well. They should have left and let the police handle it. That's what any real family would have done after being accused of murder regardless of what country they live in. They were written this way solely so that they could rehash the hell girl equation. Its as simple as that, in my opinion. You are free to enjoy the show and to have your own views on it. I will continue to watch this to the end because I want to see if this is going to be a true to text rehash of hell girls fate or if they're going to add in some twists to it. However for right now my opinion is firmly that this season has been a terrible hollow shell of the previous hell girl seasons and that's that until something happens to change my mind.
Aug 12, 2017 1:28 AM

Jun 2016
guyklc said:
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but at the end of season 3, because Yuzuki failed her mission as Jigoku Shoujo, wasn't it stated that Enma Ai will always be the Jigoku Shoujo?

She went back to being hell girl, but I'm pretty sure Tsugumi mentioned that she's seen other girl candidates as well, so Ai has been searching for a replacement for a while now.
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Aug 12, 2017 1:40 AM

Nov 2011
Really enjoying this, yes, they are going way over the top, but certain underlying themes really hit home for me.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Aug 12, 2017 1:40 AM

Jul 2014
Well, it was an interesting and effective idea to parallel the story of the Kazama's in the modern day with Michiru's in the past, not least because of how both cases saw other people blamed for something that was ultimately the fault of the victims themselves; in both cases, the kids had it coming because of their own stupidity, but of course the parents would never accept that and so we get what happened. Michiru's fate was downright depressing, but it is extremely weird that her family would stay in the circumstances, never mind letting Michiru go out on her own. Furthermore, while it isn't surprising, I find it somewhat strange that Michiru is the next Hell Girl candidate considering how she has pretty much been against it every single time so far. If they are going to do that, I'd rather they do a little more with Ai first before letting Michiru take centre stage.
Aug 12, 2017 4:28 AM

Aug 2009
This is literally a rehash of Mitsuganae and undermines that whole show and its ending.

Characters are terrible as usual and yet the show tell us that they're morally grey. Blows my mind how bad this season is.
Aug 12, 2017 6:51 AM

Feb 2010
MikazukiRanbu said:

I'm from the United States and I acknowledge that there are cultural/behavioral differences between where I live and what happens in Japan but that doesn't change the fact that it was a stupid decision to make and that this season so far has been pretty bad and contrived in terms of writing. I'm a longtime fan of Hell Girl and have watched every episode and have even read the manga to it ( that no one likes apparently ) but I honestly feel this season is pretty bad and it doesn't feel like its going to get any better. The show may be enjoyable for you and but it isn't for me. Michiru being the the next Hell Girl and it being predictable since episode one made it less enjoyable. Just because you don't think so doesn't mean it doesn't have an effect on the opinion of others.

Also the villagers were literally telling them to die. They didn't want them there. Everyone hated them after the accident and willfully believed them to be murderers. Michiru could understand their hatred and that what they said is cruel but she couldnt tell the guy was tricking her? After what those little boys had done and what happened with the landlady and the other villagers? The fact that they assumed there would be no repercussions for the murders that their daughter was accused of was idiotic on the parents part as well and they shouldn't have let her go out alone in the first place. In the end, the three boys brought their deaths on themselves however the deaths of Michiru and her parents was sort of on Michiru and her family as well. They should have left and let the police handle it. That's what any real family would have done after being accused of murder regardless of what country they live in. They were written this way solely so that they could rehash the hell girl equation. Its as simple as that, in my opinion. You are free to enjoy the show and to have your own views on it. I will continue to watch this to the end because I want to see if this is going to be a true to text rehash of hell girls fate or if they're going to add in some twists to it. However for right now my opinion is firmly that this season has been a terrible hollow shell of the previous hell girl seasons and that's that until something happens to change my mind.

Let's put aside the enjoyment we get from watching this show as I believe we agree to disagree. So you're telling me Michiru's family is stupid for staying in the village? Fine. What would you do if you are wrongly accused without evidence by your neighbors for killing their pet? And with mob mentality, they rally the whole neighborhood against you, full show of hostility, telling to you to die, hurling threats and insults. Do you leave knowing you are innocent? Think about how this would add suspicion to your case and the police will surely find it extremely suspicious. I believe most people would stand their ground, waiting for the truth. So no, let's disagree here, it was not a stupid decision.
The landlords are obviously in denial, refusing to see reason: one little girl dragging three boys to a pond to drown them? Yeah sure. They refuse to see the truth but the intention to kill is never explicit.

I also have a hard time understanding how you can say that the three boys' death is on them but also for Michiru's family. You know they are innocent and persecuted and it's still their fault for getting killed. Michiru was kidnapped, the dad got struck so hard on the head he died on the spot, the mom was burnt alive on top of her daughter. Of course there is a grudge from Michiru that would make her be a candidate for being the next Hell Girl. I expect wrongful death and persecution to be requirements to become Hell Girl otherwise you could just pick a cute random anime girl who knows nothing about revenge, anger, betrayal to fill the spot and break the Hell Girl equation and everything around it.

I love the show just as much as you do and I am willing to give this season a chance, knowing that Enma Ai does not want to be Hell Girl eternally, that Michiru is a girl who wants to smile for people and being Hell Girl will not allow it, Tsugumi is back and with 7 episodes left, who knows what happened with Michiru being the next Hell Girl. I understand you don't enjoy it so far and I agree the writing is inconsistent. I personally believe that Hell Girl needs drama element which were absent in the first two episodes of this season. By the way, the Hell Hirl replacement only happened once and it was unsuccessful, can't call this a rehash if this time it is not.
PC14106Aug 12, 2017 6:56 AM
Aug 12, 2017 8:15 AM

Jun 2017
guyklc said:

They way I see it. Ai committed the sin > forced to be hell girl for a looooong time > debt eventually paid hence she becomes human again and Yuzuki becomes the next one > Yuzuki fucks up > Ai ends up becoming hell girl again (probably temporarily) > Michiru shows up.

I wonder why we only get 6 original new eps though, maybe they are trying to gauge how much people like Michiru and based on that we might get a fifth season with her as the main in the usual 12 format. If they go that route I hope at least Ai sticks around as a side character or goes to heaven unless she becomes human yet again and lives a full life.
Aug 12, 2017 8:37 AM

Feb 2013
This episode made me really happy!
Seeing all those lame and cruel kids die made my day.
I felt bad about Michiru's family and her death, but she avenged them all, she didn't do anything wrong, burn those bastards!
Aug 12, 2017 2:10 PM
Sep 2015
This was a shitty episode. Those kids bullied that guy with glasses and the parents couldn't see them. I mean how? They're in a car! There are mirrors.

Oh, so they didn't put their seatbelt. That's the reason they died?

The other 3 boys died because they wanted to drown a girl. They deserved it anyway.

This anime always makes me angry, still want to watch it now that there's a "new" Hell Girl
Aug 12, 2017 2:14 PM
Sep 2015
Dimentioluc said:
Characters are terrible as usual and yet the show tell us that they're morally grey. Blows my mind how bad this season is.

Agree, these episodes are full of bad characters. Hell, even 'bad' isn't the right word to describe how flat they are. I have a hard time believing that there are characters that act mean without a reason. Why do they think? 'Let's kill/rape/bully someone for fun'? Personality wise, they are sooo flat
Aug 13, 2017 2:20 AM

Oct 2008
This is an excellent episode!
Michiru is also a JIGOKU SHOUJO (HELL GIRL!)
damn the truth of what happened to Michiru was truly tragic and devastating but her revenge was too much she also involved and took down in flames the whole town with much more innocents!
5/5.

Aug 13, 2017 3:43 AM

Jun 2015
It seems many trigerred by the dark episodes like this. Dont watch Hell Girl if you want the usual boring everything is "grey"or everything must be good and everyone must be alright.
Seriously if you are SJW or live in a bubble world or self insert to harem shows avoid Hell Girl.

Why everyone is so terrible or cruel? Welcome to real world.

As for the main storyline, I think AI will remain hell girl and this candicate will screw up like Yuzuki did in the previous season. It would be big surprise if Ai would be replaced with this new one, especially considering that Michiru much less personality and screen time compared to Yuzuki.
Maybe in third season they tried to replace Ai but probably due to popularity changed their mind in the end, it would be mistake to do it now.
Swim_SwimAug 13, 2017 3:51 AM
Aug 13, 2017 9:54 AM

May 2017
MomoSinX said:
Sapphire_91 said:

This is fundamentally different though, Yuzuki didn't commit a grave sin to become hell girl, she just messed up afterwards xD.

I am not happy that the writers want to replace Ai so badly though but she deserves a break I guess.

I doubt Ai will not get replaced this time, coz unlike Mitsuganae, this time it's too early, her story was explained early. I wanted Ai to get replaced badly in Mitsuganae but she just had to go out of character saving Yuzuki lol
Aug 13, 2017 1:20 PM
Mar 2016
the three boys that died are so fucking retarded. they deserved to die
Aug 13, 2017 11:35 PM

May 2015
Highly reminiscent of Mitsuganae Episode 25, except the kids that died are a whole bunch of dumbasses...

So Michiru is a candidate to become a Hell Girl? I doubt that she will replace Ai though.. Ai is the only Hell Girl that's allowed to exist in this series. Anyone else just wouldn't cut it.
TarotistNov 14, 2017 6:48 AM
Aug 14, 2017 3:21 AM
Aug 2017
The only problem I see with this season is the absurd amount of episodes,like really? Only 6 episodes when every season thus far was 26, why didn't just make a movie and make every job related in someway to keep continuity instead of a rain of story chunks that comes to fast is hard to digest...started to watch Jigoku Shoujo with this season and decided to watch the rest in a single week after episode 3, even though I watched everything one after another never felt so confused in a single episode until this one
Aug 14, 2017 5:24 AM

Jun 2014
Every episode has been good up until this point.

Sadly, Michiru's arc seems so forced. I really hope it doesn't end up being a rehash of season 3. It's already been established that Ai is the eternal Hell Girl. Is there really is a need for another one?

Season 1 finale uncovers Ai's past. Season 2 was her little rebellion arc, and 3 explored the job role of Hell Girl. I was hoping this season would bring something fresh to the series.

I can only hope Michiru doesn't just become a simple reject, but an antagonist of sorts, given her insistence that the role of Hell Girl is "wrong".
Aug 14, 2017 9:22 PM
Sep 2015
ohhh, cant wait next episode, when Michiru say "ippen shinde miru?"
Aug 15, 2017 10:55 AM

Aug 2007
Michiru has similar story with Enma. Maybe is required to be a hell girl. While dying he burn all people that trat her very very bad.
Aug 15, 2017 11:20 AM

Nov 2012
What the hell humans

That what i call Instant Karma for trash
Aug 18, 2017 8:19 AM

Apr 2015
I'm really not a fan of these kinds of episodes. It's so boring having everyone turn insane and targetting the only sane family/person in the area for petty reasons or a crime they didn't commit. It's fun when it's a select group of people that are batshit insane like that one family earlier in the season but when it's an entire community that goes full retard it's hard to enjoy or take seriously.
Aug 20, 2017 3:12 PM

Jul 2009
Very sad what happened and now we won't see Emma anymore? Coz she said Michiru needs to be a Jigoku Shoujo...
Aug 22, 2017 2:17 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Surprise, the amnesic girl recover her remenbers and she will be a new "Jigoku Shoujo"!!! great turn in the plot!!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo: Yoi no Togi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2017

67 by patkarunungan »»
Nov 20, 2023 11:24 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo: Yoi no Togi Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2017

90 by redpanda_42 »»
Nov 20, 2023 5:12 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo: Yoi no Togi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2017

124 by Fatephile »»
Aug 14, 2023 1:06 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo: Yoi no Togi Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2017

45 by Fatephile »»
Aug 14, 2023 12:19 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo: Yoi no Togi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2017

112 by Fatephile »»
Aug 14, 2023 11:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.