3It was OK
22.0%
2Disliked it
5.1%
1Hated it
1.7%
Average 4.0
59 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 11, 2017 6:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Robert is such a mysterious dude in this show..

Idk how to feel about this episode tbh. The cases feels pretty repetitive with corrupt corpses and hoping for miracles to happen. That Julia guy has a divine-like aura with his presence.
Stark700Aug 11, 2017 8:47 AM
Aug 11, 2017 9:02 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I swear, these jumpscares ain't good for my heart, fucking screaming woman out of nowhere.
Aug 11, 2017 9:03 AM

Jun 2015
Another case to solve. Robert has been acting weird in this episode. It seems John's prophecy is coming true. His previous prophecies have always been fulfilled. Julia's aura is quite divine. He's committing self-flagellation for being careless. This is looking to be an interesting case.
Aug 11, 2017 9:46 AM

Aug 2013
Will Robert die? Not likely but if he does, it would make for an interesting plot.

Aug 11, 2017 9:46 AM
Nov 2016
Like, is every priest bat shit crazy? Here we get a dude who whips himself and then there is Robert who's father was an alcoholic and he is going crazy for some reason and Hiiraga has a gay-vibe all around him and he is completely enamored with that self-whipping white haired priest.
Aug 11, 2017 10:25 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Poor Robert is about to get screwed and I wonder what happened to that woman's baby
Aug 11, 2017 11:09 AM

Dec 2013
Roberto seems to have some past-induced trauma after seeing the stigma on the dead father's hand, and everything after that was pretty much a blur for him.
Loved how Hiraga's motivation always starts with helping others as he would help his little brother.

And just how did the dead US girl get pregnant after staying a year out in these parts anyway? I have a feeling that the father of that kid may yet be involved, and perhaps it was a priest too :P
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 11, 2017 12:09 PM
Mar 2016
Man, that was shocking......

OK, what's wrong here?????

The setting is in Africa, so therefore there were no big cathedrals nor any Brogue Churches in there. In face the only place were such churches would exist would be in Ethiopia.

If there were Catholic priest there , they would be missionaries like the Comboni's Marians and OP's.

The snake statue that we saw is Indian and so as the ritual of feeding the corps to the birds like vultures.
Aug 11, 2017 2:16 PM

Sep 2015
They better not kill of Robert!!!!!!!!
That is all. I'm always suspicious of the saintly type, so that brightly glowing guy is my prime suspect. The FBI is definitely a major hint.
Dat screaming women scared the crap out of me.
Aug 11, 2017 3:17 PM

Jun 2014
Oh shit, Roberto isn't looking too good right now. I don't think he'll die but that possibility is making the show more interesting at the moment.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 11, 2017 5:20 PM

Apr 2009
Honestly, the real mystery now is if they can top the "Hitler's sperm" line.

Aug 11, 2017 5:38 PM

Aug 2015
I feel like Roberto might have been drugged with something, hence his general feeling of unease.
Aug 12, 2017 2:44 AM

Mar 2016
Very strange episode this week and the duo sets off to discover the truth of a new case...but it just felt like a jumbled mess of an episode...so incoherent and idk what's going on with Roberto but it's like he's tripping on some sort of hallucinogenic or something at the end...the whole episode just left me feeling confused.
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Aug 12, 2017 6:51 AM

Jun 2016
A lot of half faces in this episode.

I think they slipped something into Roberto's food to give him some hallucinogenic trip.

It seems like this mystery involves people forcing prophecies to come into fruition, instead of them happening naturally.

I feel bad for Roberto. It looks like there was abuse in his past and he saw his mother die or something. That's going to give some level of trauma to any person, so I get why he's freaking out a bit.
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Aug 12, 2017 9:37 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
An interesting episode that introduces a intriguing new case

A painter that has the ability of foretelling and able to express what he see's as a painting eh. An interesting ability. Having too much faith in something can also be considered a bad thing which is very true. Wow so the case this time is a corpse that won't decay eh. So this case also has the pressure of pressure from the media too eh. Hmm to run into the FBI in a rain forest of all places lol. Hmm a american that came to film a documentary somehow ended up as a skeleton eh. Hmm a dead woman that was turned into a skeleton and now a missing baby as well. Hmm so the setting this time is a church thats located deep in the rain forest eh. I guess Julia is a gender neutral name in the anime. Indeed Jordan's corpse really hasn't decayed at all. So a dream of angels heralded this alleged miracle eh. And the enigmatic author of the famous book also makes an appearance eh. Hmm a man with amnesia that stumbled into a church eh. So John foretold Amy's fate eh. His newest prophesy about Roberto though sure was a surprise. This church seems to be having an impact on both of them actually. The combination of the prophesy plus the tribal nature of the country sure is making this threat much more real and mysterious.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 12, 2017 12:51 PM
Jul 2018
Nice episode featuring Isaac Mendez from Heroes. x)

Aug 12, 2017 4:13 PM
May 2012
Smudy said:
I swear, these jumpscares ain't good for my heart, fucking screaming woman out of nowhere.
Basically one of the main points of this anime xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 13, 2017 1:53 AM

Oct 2008
Seems like the more religious you are the more badder you are!
4/5.

Aug 13, 2017 4:25 AM
Mar 2012
MonoJuMal said:

I think they slipped something into Roberto's food to give him some hallucinogenic trip.

Quite possible, that soup looked suspicious. But Roberto had that eye of unease since visiting John's corpse right after settling in their room. Might also be the air inside that morgue.

The paintings are great. So much priest stuff & dead people to investigate again.
Interesting mix of a local snake demon with that snake giving Adam & Eve painting during the meal.

The sounds during Roberto's visions & later ritual quite an intense atmosphere. Gives impression a drunk artist with stigma hands strangled a woman, John & Naomi?
Aug 13, 2017 5:04 PM

Oct 2011
Roberto nooooo! !!!
Aug 14, 2017 1:14 AM

May 2017
I'm calling it, the FBI is guy is too suspicious, he's the mastermind
Aug 14, 2017 6:58 AM

Nov 2016
Killing off Roberto would be a nice twist.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 15, 2017 12:39 AM

Dec 2015
Enters the androgynous looking priest presented before the airing!

So, who's the one dedicating his free time to make sure more prophecies become true? The writer?

3/5
Aug 15, 2017 9:22 AM

Apr 2014
Mia01 said:
Nice episode featuring Isaac Mendez from Heroes. x)

So I wasn't the only one who thought about that. XD
Aug 16, 2017 12:42 PM

Jun 2015
It's like Duma Key, but with more Nostradamus, Voodoo and homoerotic priests.
I wonder if the stolen baby is also Hitler's clone.
Aug 17, 2017 10:01 PM

Jul 2015
Poor Roberto on the verge of being killed off. AGAIN.

In other news I really hope Julia isn't the bad guy (he's too pretty to be evil! lol) but I've got a bad feeling about it...

Interested to see what happens next episode!
Aug 19, 2017 11:30 AM
Oct 2007
This episode was quite confusing for me. The first thought that came to me was the corpse wasn't actually dead and the head priest is actually a doctor too.

Then the thing with Roberto was just too off or rather random. Anyway, my personal guess seems to be leaning that the corpse or the stigma on his hand is somewhat related to his dad ..
Aug 19, 2017 12:22 PM
Jan 2016
Is it only me or this episode is creepy as fuck ????
Man I was scared all the time and especially when the sound of the woman came out that was when I lost all my shit
But beside that, it was an interesting first episode to the second arc I like the story of the prophecies and the corpse
I found Julia to be a little crazy with the way he punished himself WTF and I'm always suspicious of those guys who seems so nice so I don't trust him
Also I am the only one who thought this I found some yaoi vibes around Hiraga when he first entered the church I know that he's being reminded of his brother and he's doing that for him but this was too much for me
The author of the book is creepy af
And finally Roberto poor him I think he's reminded of his trauma with his mother and father judging by the flashback he had at the last scene If this was the case, he had such a painful past He won't die because he's one of the main characters but I hope nothing wrong will happen to him
The animation was good and the soundtrack was intense at some part which made the atmosphere more interesting
A good episode overall
Aug 20, 2017 12:14 PM

Apr 2015
Roberto is not well but I think Hiraga will be able to save him. I just can't imagine where he got cursed. Maybe when they saw Amy's corpse?

Because of this show, I distrust everyone hahahahah. My guess is that priest Julia is not as nice as it looks
Aug 23, 2017 12:10 PM

Jun 2016
That Father Julia is so beautiful. Haha.

So, Robert really is gonna die? And the prophecy is true? Please nooooo. Jeez.

Such a good episode. That scene with Robert alone in the room together with the eerie music scares the fuck outta me.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 24, 2017 4:58 PM

May 2012
Quite the interesting episode again, especially that ending! Really interested to see what's next.
Mar 22, 2020 1:47 AM

Dec 2013
Pretty interesting episode and I kind of like when the background music played at the end of the scenes.

Father Julia is shining but he looks suspicious for me. Roberto takes good care of Hiragi and he seems to be a nice huy but I wonder what happened to him in his episode?

IDK of anyone noticed how the sky on that church painted/drawn that is similar to Van Gogh's style. Preety creative.

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Jun 24, 2020 10:13 AM

Mar 2010
I have no attachments to any of the characters so far. Wonder how john died... Whats with Roberto's past..Another weird episode. I bet the author is the one with the mask. I am finding it weird to see long hair men that looks like woman that plays a important role throughout this series..
StardewJun 24, 2020 2:55 PM
Aug 18, 2020 3:00 PM

Jan 2010
Pagan tribes in media are always into feverous chanting and sacrifices, huh? Well, maybe just fanatic religious groups in general. Maybe shows like this just like to take advantage of how easy it is to make something seem ominous by having people yell things in unison?

More topics from this board

» Light Novel - for those who want to follow the story

Willowspell - Sep 26, 2017

10 by little_raven »»
Feb 9, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Vatican Kiseki Chousakan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2017

69 by little_raven »»
Feb 9, 10:50 AM

Poll: » Vatican Kiseki Chousakan Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2017

42 by little_raven »»
Feb 6, 7:23 PM

Poll: » Vatican Kiseki Chousakan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2017

73 by little_raven »»
Feb 6, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Vatican Kiseki Chousakan Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2017

23 by TheColonel76 »»
Dec 26, 2023 5:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.