3It was OK
0.0%
2Disliked it
0.0%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.0
1 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 10, 2017 7:45 PM
Aug 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
There are no discussions here but I ended up hating this manga.
I thought that it could do something a little more clever with gender roles but nope, Jimmy/Benjamin was a pathetic crybaby.
For Jimmy it was somewhat passable but out of every single chapter with Benjamin she didn't cry for about 2 chapters at most. The males were no better.
Just abhorrent characterization all around, I would say that the only one with decent progression and motivation was Seth.
Not to mention that all that beautiful imagery and atmosphere in the beginning dissolved into never-ending trite shoujo drama. What a waste.
standAug 10, 2017 7:51 PM
Jan 23, 2020 12:24 PM

Dec 2011
I tried my best, I really did, but I could just not like these characters. I hated everyone. Not one of them had significant development to change their already flat personalities. Especially Jimmy - what did she learn? What was she supposed to learn that wasn’t any different from how she was at the beginning? There was no communication between the triplets, no realizations or closure on their feelings and how they felt about each other. Just a lot of selfish actions, shallow jealousy, and guilt.

That ending? The worst. There’s no explanation on the “miracle” behind Jimmy becoming human or Seth becoming female. Especially after the ominous warnings about Jimmy’s death equaling Seth’s happiness… it culminated into nothing. As for Shonach, his behavior toward Seth felt desperate. I feel like it was supposed to be. Which is exactly why I’m frustrated by that sloppy confession at the end, it’s disingenuous to his character. In the end, he’s the only one that actually did anything of impact toward saving the world.

The illustrations were beautiful and the story brought up decent concepts to explore but nothing really became of it. Honestly I might have been rooting for Teruto’s plan. At least that would have changed something.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.