Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Aug 11, 2017 12:29 PM

Apr 2016
Kuraokani said:
CodeBlazeFate said:
Errm, not entirely. People slam 9s and 10s all the time. This'll make them have to choose their most cherished titles.
Errrm, yes it is. It's called "Most Popular". You can't "slam" dem 9 or 10 on being a member. Pfff
You know no one here gives a flying fuck about the most popular list right? We actually talk about the highest rated list on MAL. That's what this basically is in a sense, even if it can be skewed by popularity.
Aug 11, 2017 12:30 PM

Apr 2016
Nabris said:
How stupid. What makes this list "official" in any way?

He can be butthurt all he wants about Japan's taste, they honestly could give less of a fuck.
He genuinely isn't. He was surprised by some of the entries (would you have expected Tiger and Bunny at the top?) and for interested to see what the rest of the world thinks are the best anime. It's being done by something/someone popular like the NHK is in Japan. What's stupid is your spite.
Aug 11, 2017 12:31 PM

Sep 2012
Well it took only 1 min to do that so why not?
Aug 11, 2017 12:35 PM

Aug 2011
CodeBlazeFate said:
Nabris said:
How stupid. What makes this list "official" in any way?

He can be butthurt all he wants about Japan's taste, they honestly could give less of a fuck.
He genuinely isn't. He was surprised by some of the entries (would you have expected Tiger and Bunny at the top?) and for interested to see what the rest of the world thinks are the best anime. It's being done by something/someone popular like the NHK is in Japan. What's stupid is your spite.

I would have expected T&B to be at/near the top because I know it's very popular over there.

I'm not spiteful lmao, I don't give a shit about TheAnimeMan. I find the poll to be dumb, that's all.

Aug 11, 2017 12:37 PM

Jul 2016
I voted honestly, but the Japanese list is probably gonna have more of my picks than this one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 11, 2017 12:39 PM

Apr 2016
Nabris said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

I would have expected T&B to be at/near the top because I know it's very popular over there.

I'm not spiteful lmao, I don't give a shit about TheAnimeMan. I find the poll to be dumb, that's all.
Then why make such accusations about him they are blatantly proven untrue by the video itself? I had no idea Tiger and Bunjybwas so oopukarnover there until the list, and even he had never really heard of it, and he lives here half the time.
Aug 11, 2017 12:45 PM

Apr 2013
Well I would vote for

Planetes
Gunslinger Girls
Seirei no Moribito
Mushishi
Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii Desu ka? Sukutte Moratte ii desu ka?

If I could but every times it tell me to retry later because there's too many peoples trying to edit the file.~

Also you can say whatever you want about TheAnimeMan but due to his position in japan, popularity, and the fact that he talks Japanese, he's able to bring in content than no other youtuber does, like Japanese authors interviews.
He interviewed Hasekura Isuna lately, and that author has been completely absent of any social network for years (following an internet scandal a few years ago that resulted among other things in having his twitter spammed by angry keyboard warriors) so seeing Spice & wolf's author interviewed like that is something special. I wish he asked questions about Magdala rather than ignoring it though.
Aug 11, 2017 12:45 PM

Sep 2015
This is a genuinely inventive idea, so I don't understand why people are hating on it. Not to bash MAL's rating system, but it isn't the most accurate either, I am not saying this will be particurlaly the most accurate, but at least this way we get more of a general consensus from the international community instead of a game where people either give a 1 or 10 to manipulate the top charts.

Just answer it genuinely guys, this may be his idea but he's doing it for the good of the anime community, not for any other reason. <- Whether or not you believe this statement or not, it stands that this is not about him, but the anime community, just suck it up and put your 5 favorite anime in and see the results. It could be the same thing we all thought, or it could reveal something new that not a lot of people considered before this.
Aug 11, 2017 12:49 PM

Sep 2015
Nabris said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

If you didn't give a shit, you wouldn't be spiteful by saying he was butthurt. If you found the poll to be dumb, then there was no reason to comment on his intentions/ motives.
Aug 11, 2017 12:53 PM
Jul 2018
Someone should rig the vote and make it so the Top 5 is:

1. Gintama
2. Gintama'
3. Gintama': Enchousen
4. Gintama°
5. Gintama.

Just to see what happens.
Aug 11, 2017 12:57 PM

Sep 2015
Hey_Taka-tin_Hey said:
Someone should rig the vote and make it so the Top 5 is:

1. Gintama
2. Gintama'
3. Gintama': Enchousen
4. Gintama°
5. Gintama.

Just to see what happens.

I probably would but I think they might be condensed into one... But I dunno, I did the same thing with Haruhi and the film (just in case).
Aug 11, 2017 1:19 PM

Apr 2015
These were my votes, not that anyone cares

Aug 11, 2017 1:37 PM

Dec 2015
Yet another attempt to start a discussion with a face-to-camera video...

If an international top 100 of animation was made, it should obviously have at least one work from René Laloux (french director).
Aug 11, 2017 2:56 PM
Jun 2017
CodeBlazeFate said:
Kuraokani said:
Errrm, yes it is. It's called "Most Popular". You can't "slam" dem 9 or 10 on being a member. Pfff
You know no one here gives a flying fuck about the most popular list right? We actually talk about the highest rated list on MAL. That's what this basically is in a sense, even if it can be skewed by popularity.
That's what TheAnimeMan is doing! Lmao, he's making a popularity list. Jeez, what's the difference in your eyes? I'm actually really curious.
Aug 11, 2017 3:05 PM

Oct 2010
Kuraokani said:
CodeBlazeFate said:
That's what TheAnimeMan is doing! Lmao, he's making a popularity list. Jeez, what's the difference in your eyes? I'm actually really curious.

The popularity list of MAL counts the number of votes for each entry, which is quite substantially different from favorites. I expect a lot of popular stuff to be in the list, but I don't expect a poll like this to be driven by popularity as MAL understands the term. I certainly would not expect Another (#27 in popularity) to outrank Cowboy Bebop (#33) in this poll, for instance.
Aug 11, 2017 3:11 PM

Apr 2016
Kuraokani said:
CodeBlazeFate said:
Popularity poll is about which anime has been seen the most, i.e. MAL's popularity list, and what he is doing is a favorites list, aka which anime has he most amount of people who consider it a favorite rather than something they just so happened to see.
Aug 11, 2017 3:22 PM
Jun 2017
jal90 said:
Kuraokani said:

The popularity list of MAL counts the number of votes for each entry, which is quite substantially different from favorites. I expect a lot of popular stuff to be in the list, but I don't expect a poll like this to be driven by popularity as MAL understands the term. I certainly would not expect Another (#27 in popularity) to outrank Cowboy Bebop (#33) in this poll, for instance.
That's the thing though. MALs popularity of series is also affected my the hype they had when the series was first announced. You won't be able to recreate that with a new poll.
Aug 11, 2017 3:34 PM
Jul 2018
I expect the results to be somewhat similar to this.

With a few exceptions.
As in, Gintama won't be that high. And Ergo Proxy won't make the list.
Aug 11, 2017 3:57 PM

Oct 2010
Kuraokani said:
jal90 said:

That's the thing though. MALs popularity of series is also affected my the hype they had when the series was first announced. You won't be able to recreate that with a new poll.

Not sure if this is an argument for or against your previous claim, to be honest xD
Aug 11, 2017 4:13 PM
Jun 2017
jal90 said:
Kuraokani said:

Not sure if this is an argument for or against your previous claim, to be honest xD
I'm agreeing to disagree. I'm saying that the top 100 list that TheAnimeMan is trying to do is pointless because there are already so many official "Top Rated", "Most Popular", and other variations of the list.

Now if he wants to do this, it's okay. Just don't try and pass it off as anything official or more accurate than any of the other list. Also, stop sending your lapdogs to spam in other communities. He started this whole thing off on a really bad step.

Why didn't he mention MALs top 100s and compare them to his list?
Aug 11, 2017 4:28 PM

Oct 2010
Kuraokani said:
I'm saying that the top 100 list that TheAnimeMan is trying to do is pointless because there are already so many official "Top Rated", "Most Popular", and other variations of the list.

Fair point and I agree, if I don't mind participating is because another one of these doesn't do any harm. Also, being a poll that is created from scratch instead of a historical archive of ratings does have advantages that can be considered.

Kuraokani said:
Now if he wants to do this, it's okay. Just don't try and pass it off as anything official or more accurate than any of the other list.

He is not, though. He simply wants to replicate the sort of list he reacted to, for an international audience. He is unrealistically ambitious and I doubt it gets the reception he intends to, mainly because it's still biased towards English-speaking viewers and among those the ones that interact regularly through the internet, and among those most likely the ones who already know who he is.

I didn't pay much attention to the video but I didn't hear any claim for officiality. That would be dumb, specially with a voting system that can be abused so easily.

Kuraokani said:
Also, stop sending your lapdogs to spam in other communities. He started this whole thing off on a really bad step.

Eh, what? He is not responsible for people not respecting the rules of these other communities. He asked people to visibilize this through social networks and sites, and there are perfectly legal ways to do so. He did not specifically ask them to abuse the sites' rules so there's nothing to blame.

Kuraokani said:
Why didn't he mention MALs top 100s and compare them to his list?

He probably thinks that he can have a more diverse participation for this list since he's not only counting the ratings from one site but trying to encourage potentially anybody he finds across the internet.

On the other hand he is doing it as an answer to the top he recently reacted to. And as I suggested above, I would add that a poll is different from the ranking of a website like MAL because the latter is cumulative information that is collected over the years, while the poll will tell TheAnimeMan what is the best for the anime community right now.
jal90Aug 11, 2017 4:37 PM
Aug 11, 2017 5:22 PM

Jun 2016
Jimmykudo3000 said:
Sword Art Online
Sword Art Online Season II
Re:Zero
Erased
Akame ga Kill

http://prntscr.com/g7api6

Fuck you Elitists

/softly blows a kiss @AndoCommando

Cute, I would've thought that Inuyasha Final Act would be in there considering your favourites list, but if this is supposed to be a message to me, unfortunately Idc. There'll be hundreds, thousands of people who'll pick any of the following: SAO, Erased, Re:Zero and Akame ga Kill somewhere in the list. At least try and be honest about your picks m8.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 11, 2017 5:28 PM

Jan 2016
I did it last night (after seeing the vid) I will admit I kind of forget what 5 I put now lol

All the Anime's on my list are all one's I own Personal physical copies of, or have seen in theaters that I plan on buying, series that I've watched on FUNimation or HIDIVE will not be on here unless/until I have already bought it.
Aug 11, 2017 5:30 PM

Nov 2009
Kuraokani said:
I think MALs top 100 would be more accurate than this guys poll. This is pointless...

I agree completely; this poll is a little silly since he could get the list from MAL. It's still fun, though, so I voted anyways.

Mine are (in no particular order):
Detective Conan
Aria the Origination
Clannad: After Story
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
Princess Tutu

It's probably best to just have fun and see what people vote for rather than take it seriously.
Aug 11, 2017 5:35 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
well, even tho i know whats the top 10 will look like (fucking SAO, AOT, Re:Zero, Naruto etc) i still did it, doesnt hurt doing it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mine was :

Gintama
Natsume Yuujinchou
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Baccano!
Barakamon
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Aug 11, 2017 5:37 PM

Apr 2014
Comet said:
Milk_is_Special said:
Don't particularly care to be honest.

Then why would you click on the thread and respond to it?
Because I'm a troll, and this forum is my breeding place for toxicity and cancerous posts.
Aug 11, 2017 6:11 PM

Aug 2017
My top 5 were:
1. Cowboy Bebop
2. Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion R2
3. FMA Brotherhood
4.Steins;Gate
5.Psycho Pass

Aug 11, 2017 7:22 PM

Jan 2017
My List:

1. Death Parade
2. Death Note
3. Rokka no Yuusha
4. Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan
5. 91 Days
Aug 11, 2017 10:01 PM
Jun 2017
I mean we are on an anime site right now that has already done what he's trying to do
Aug 11, 2017 10:13 PM

May 2015
Rei366 said:
Yet another attempt to start a discussion with a face-to-camera video...

If an international top 100 of animation was made, it should obviously have at least one work from René Laloux (french director).
It probably won't because this "international" poll will just cover the online English community.
Also it is top 100 animation from Japan.
Aug 12, 2017 2:00 AM

May 2010
That sounds pretty cool actually, looking forward to seeing the results :3

Here's what I picked:
1. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai
2. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
3. Clannad: After Story
4. Fate/Zero 2nd Season
5. Death Note
Aug 12, 2017 2:35 AM
Dec 2014
Tarotist said:
To know that the OPs are all new users too...
well I joined mal before you so you're the 'new one' here
Aug 12, 2017 7:46 AM
Jul 2018
my top 5 were

1. train simulator 2012
2. rail wars
3. euro truck simulator 2
4. the one wih illya that is tagged as ecchi
5. fairy tale
Aug 12, 2017 11:12 AM

Mar 2011
Thread has been merged due to duplication
Aug 12, 2017 11:38 AM

Jun 2013
I can already sense how cancerous the list will be, especially at the hands of The Anime Man's fans.

I also think the poll should've separated movies from proper TV shows, as I feel that the scaling is slightly different.

That said:
Aug 12, 2017 11:41 AM

May 2010
AndoCommando said:
Jimmykudo3000 said:
Sword Art Online
Sword Art Online Season II
Re:Zero
Erased
Akame ga Kill

http://prntscr.com/g7api6

Fuck you Elitists

/softly blows a kiss @AndoCommando

Cute, I would've thought that Inuyasha Final Act would be in there considering your favourites list, but if this is supposed to be a message to me, unfortunately Idc. There'll be hundreds, thousands of people who'll pick any of the following: SAO, Erased, Re:Zero and Akame ga Kill somewhere in the list. At least try and be honest about your picks m8.

LOLOL Are you taking the piss mate? Someone needs to counter balance the unprecedented amount of quasi intellectual degenerates thate are gonna pick the standard, yawn inducing, boring and predictable

Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Ergo Proxy
Serial Experiments Lain
Texhnolyse
Haibane Renmei

Feel free to interchange Mushishi or Tatami Galaxy with some of those.

#Boring #Predictable #Makeanimegreatagain

If anyone does not love the Lord
Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Aug 12, 2017 11:43 AM

May 2010
Samune said:
I can already sense how cancerous the list will be, especially at the hands of The Anime Man's fans.

I also think the poll should've separated movies from proper TV shows, as I feel that the scaling is slightly different.

That said:

I don't know what you mean about Bakemonogatari objectively not being the best. I have no complaints about any renditions of Monogatari making the list. IF anything I give the edge to the Second Season. Not sure if they're being counted together or seperately, but noone is going to bitch about Monogatari's (rightfully) high placement on the list.

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Aug 12, 2017 11:50 AM

Jun 2012
Frostbytes said:
Deknijff said:
Just know noobs are going to non stop vote for either ok new shows or mainstream shit since they've hardly seen anything

Yeah pretty sure it will come down to popularity contest more than anything, pretty useless poll.
That's literally what it is though.
Aug 12, 2017 12:04 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
The results will be most interesting. Can't be worse than the Japanese Top 100.

StripesAug 12, 2017 12:08 PM
Aug 12, 2017 4:00 PM

Jan 2014
I did these

1. One Piece
2. Welcome To The NHK
3. Kill La Kill
4. Natsumes Book of Friends
5. ef: A Tale of Melodies

I would have put different things for 3-5 but I decided to pick ones that are most likely gonna get votes
Aug 12, 2017 4:11 PM

Jul 2015
While it is true that this is just a cheap way to spread his name around + popularity contest, i voted anyways lol

Aug 12, 2017 5:17 PM

Jun 2016
Jimmykudo3000 said:
AndoCommando said:

LOLOL Are you taking the piss mate? Someone needs to counter balance the unprecedented amount of quasi intellectual degenerates thate are gonna pick the standard, yawn inducing, boring and predictable

Ergo Proxy
Serial Experiments Lain
Texhnolyse
Haibane Renmei

If you want to know my picks, you only got one of the above correct.

- Monster
- Legend of the Galactic Heroes
- Gankutsuou
- Steins;Gate
- Cowboy Bebop

Aug 12, 2017 6:16 PM
Jun 2015
Sigh, seeing some of the anime people stated here I feel sorrowful. The shittiest anime will be ranked highest.

Obviously, cory in the house, thomas and friends, shrek, garfield, and lizzy mcguire are the best anime smh
Aug 12, 2017 7:52 PM

May 2010
AndoCommando said:
Jimmykudo3000 said:

Ergo Proxy
Serial Experiments Lain
Texhnolyse
Haibane Renmei

- Monster
- Gankutsuou
- Steins;Gate
- Cowboy Bebop

Not enough Abe or Yuasa :\

Go back to the drawing board pal.

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Aug 12, 2017 7:53 PM

May 2010
Eight-Man said:
Sigh, seeing some of the anime people stated here I feel sorrowful. The shittiest anime will be ranked highest.

Obviously, cory in the house, thomas and friends, shrek, garfield, and lizzy mcguire are the best anime smh

Shitty list. You forgot Seinfeld and Teletubbies.

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Aug 12, 2017 7:54 PM

Jun 2014
Why am I being spammed this garbage on mal, discord, and now PS4? I've seen this almost 100 times now... Getting pretty annoying now.
Aug 12, 2017 8:13 PM

Jun 2016
Jimmykudo3000 said:
AndoCommando said:

- Monster
- Gankutsuou
- Steins;Gate
- Cowboy Bebop

Not enough Abe or Yuasa :\

Go back to the drawing board pal.

The picture says it all. Now please do stop clogging up the forum here
AndoCommandoAug 13, 2017 4:36 AM
Aug 12, 2017 8:21 PM

Aug 2014
Why doesn't he use the MAL anime top 100 for rating, popularity or favourites when he clearly didn't ask Japanese people to do a Google survey for the previous video
Aug 12, 2017 10:30 PM

Mar 2014
This is the most pathetic anime endeavor I've seen.
Aug 12, 2017 10:32 PM

Feb 2010
Kuraokani said:
I think MALs top 100 would be more accurate than this guys poll. This is pointless...

did you watch the video?
thats not his poll... its japans
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 4 hours ago

25 by Tropisch »»
35 seconds ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - 9 hours ago

41 by epidemia78 »»
5 minutes ago

» Characters that ya think are a Genderbent You

IpreferEcchi - Apr 15

33 by WatchTillTandava »»
11 minutes ago

» How often do you rewatch anime?

Destinesia - 8 hours ago

18 by Shirayukin »»
11 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9051 by appledude1221 »»
37 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.