Forum Settings
Forums

Do other people know that you watch anime?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 11, 2017 6:02 AM

Mar 2015
i don't hide it, but i am not talking about it either except they ask me first... i don't see why it shameful, but i don't see any reason to boasting about it either...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Aug 11, 2017 6:15 AM

Jul 2017
Lol nobody knows unless I go through a long investigation and determine they like it as well. Saying you like anime, at least around here where I am, is pretty much saying I'm a complete social outcast.

Once you realize that what others think about what you enjoy doesn't matter, you will finally be free

Aug 11, 2017 6:17 AM
Dec 2016
Only those who asked/discussed it, I dont hide it but at the same time I dont go around telling everybody.
Aug 11, 2017 6:18 AM
Jun 2013
Most people I know, know full-well that I'm an anime fan. I have one large anime tattoo on my arm, and I frequently wear anime clothes out and about. I figure that watching anime is a large part of my life, so why hide it?
Aug 11, 2017 6:41 AM

May 2015
dmoney1992 said:
Most people I know, know full-well that I'm an anime fan. I have one large anime tattoo on my arm, and I frequently wear anime clothes out and about. I figure that watching anime is a large part of my life, so why hide it?

Although a lot of people around me are tolerant, anime shirts is (for some reason) their red line. How do people react to your anime shirts?
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Aug 11, 2017 6:55 AM

Aug 2017
TheBrainintheJar said:
dmoney1992 said:

Although a lot of people around me are tolerant, anime shirts is (for some reason) their red line. How do people react to your anime shirts?
T-shirts are fine as long as it's a logo or something like a Brand of Sacrifice or NERV.
I'm sorry but if you go into public wearing full on graphic tees, you deserve to be laughed at.
Aug 11, 2017 7:13 AM

Jun 2012
Yeah of course, I used to watched anime at the University every long break time. Heck, in high school during foundation week, more than half of our class(32 in full/9M/23F) including me marathon HOTD in the classroom. Ever since then, I'm not so incline to showcase my hobby is. But well I don't open up anime topic before news.
Aug 11, 2017 7:14 AM

Feb 2013
My parents do.
I don't have any friends anyway, nobody else to know.
Aug 11, 2017 7:15 AM
Jun 2013
TheBrainintheJar said:
dmoney1992 said:

Well actually most people compliment them actually. I thinkit's because most of them are "manlier" per-say. In fact, I can't recall a single person bad-mouthing my anime shirts. Most have no idea what they are, but still seem to think they are cool. Especially my Migi (from Parasyte) shirt.
Aug 11, 2017 7:25 AM
Feb 2017
I never told that I watched anime in the beginning, but later when my bestfriend also said she watched anime, I bit by bit I tell people and they make fun of me. But I live with it. If people start bullying me I just stop talking with them about anime.
Aug 11, 2017 7:27 AM

May 2016
my family and one of my cousins only cuz people here are very stupid if i talked about japan they act like are you crazy or are you a japanese
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 11, 2017 7:36 AM

Dec 2016
A few people know i watch anime but it doesn't bother me at all. Some of them even started watching anime
Aug 11, 2017 7:39 AM

May 2016
I don't keep it as secret but I also don't go around telling everyone about my hobbies. If the topic is on, I would talk about it.
Aug 11, 2017 7:42 AM

Apr 2015
In my country being a fan of anime and manga isn't something to be ashamed of. It's just a hobby and almost everyone around me knows about my likes and dislikes. My family is also aware of it and my brother watches anime with me all the time.
It isn't something that i have to hide from the world.
Aug 13, 2017 8:26 AM

May 2015
dmoney1992 said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

Well actually most people compliment them actually. I thinkit's because most of them are "manlier" per-say. In fact, I can't recall a single person bad-mouthing my anime shirts. Most have no idea what they are, but still seem to think they are cool. Especially my Migi (from Parasyte) shirt.

Sounds like you're hanging with open-minded folk. I'm glad for you.

SirCrocodile1964 said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

T-shirts are fine as long as it's a logo or something like a Brand of Sacrifice or NERV.
I'm sorry but if you go into public wearing full on graphic tees, you deserve to be laughed at.

Why? What's the moral basis for this?
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Aug 13, 2017 8:31 AM

Jan 2017
I came out of the closet a long time ago lol.

No, seriously, never hid it, but never especially made a thing out of it. Guess people that truly know me or in general my FB friends know, not because i speak as per se about it, but because memes, jokes and stuff.

SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Aug 13, 2017 8:35 AM

Aug 2017
If anyone brings it up. I'm a quiet person in public, so If people ask me about anime and manga, I start ranting in 0.1 second and that is the most time you will ever see me talk.
Aug 13, 2017 8:38 AM
Aug 2017
Only my 2 classmates know I watch anime. Most of my friends would make fun of me if they knew
Aug 13, 2017 8:41 AM

Nov 2013
I mean I don't go around in public wearing anime shirts or anything, but if anyone ever talks to me about it first then I talk to them about it. I have yet to meet anyone irl who is as obsessed with anime as I am though. I usually just keep my obsession with it to myself because people like to misunderstand.
Aug 13, 2017 8:47 AM

Jun 2016
Almost everyone (friends and even acquaintances) know that I'm a biggest anime fan. Hahaha. I consider myself lucky, though, because I know some who loves anime just like me, so I can talk to them.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Aug 13, 2017 9:01 AM

Jun 2008
When i first started watching anime i use to hide it. But as i grew up i stopped hiding it. Anime is a part of my life, part of my hobbies and part of what i love an enjoy. I don't want to hide that from people.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

167 by Coaghim »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - 3 hours ago

12 by Zettaiken »»
9 minutes ago

» Is this the most well-animated, fluidest fighting sequence in anime history?

SgtBateMan - 3 hours ago

3 by Zettaiken »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » So, is anime male or female?

Tirinchas - Yesterday

28 by Luc36 »»
12 minutes ago

» Favorite Spring 2024 OP/ED?

Serafos - Apr 15

20 by LNW_R92CP »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.