Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

How's Violet Evergarden the 3rd best airing anime (and more on MALs rating system)?

New
Aug 8, 2017 5:48 PM
Jun 2017
I thought it was just a mistake of something that would be fixed but I think now it's been long enough to ask. How's Violet Evergarden in the top 3 airing anime and the masses haven't even seen 1 episode? Also, it's rated #54 or #53 on MAL? Is this really some kind of mistake?

I know I've only recently joined MAL but there seems to be ALOT of flaws in their rating system. Even in the short time I've been a member, I've seen a few series jump up seemingly out of nowhere and take a top spot.

Couldn't new factors be added to the rating system to make it more accurate? Like taking into account the members, the series popularity, and everything else this site list? I know that would be difficult to do with some series being far more popular and having more members than it's ratings may suggest but I'm sure there is a way. This is the most popular anime rating/listing site after all.
Aug 8, 2017 8:09 PM
Apr 2016
Actually, there was a showing at AX. So, that probably adds to that...but the system is probably just confused by people saying they were watching it.
Aug 8, 2017 8:25 PM
Jun 2017
animeotaku4911 said:
Actually, there was a showing at AX. So, that probably adds to that...but the system is probably just confused by people saying they were watching it.
Oh, I knew that there was a showing. That's why I said "the masses". I guess a simple way to put my question would be, why is Violet Evergarden in the "airing" section at all? It hasn't even aired yet.

That's one of the things wrong with MAL though. You shouldn't be able to list a series as "Watching" if it hasn't aired yet. Its a simple fix but I guess there's maintenance or staffing issues? It seems like a site this big would have a near-perfect rating system, considering that is what this sites main feature is.

Edit: Spelling
Aug 11, 2017 4:59 AM

Nov 2011
Kuraokani said:
animeotaku4911 said:
Oh, I knew that there was a showing. That's why I said "the masses". I guess a simple way to put my question would be, why is Violet Evergarden in the "airing" section at all? It hasn't even aired yet.

That's one of the things wrong with MAL though. You shouldn't be able to list a series as "Watching" if it hasn't aired yet. Its a simple fix but I guess there's maintenance or staffing issues? It seems like a site this big would have a near-perfect rating system, considering that is what this sites main feature is.

Edit: Spelling

It has aired though-- whether it's at a private showing or on public TV makes no difference. You're allowed to keep it in any list other than "completed" if the first episode has aired somewhere.

This isn't a mistake afaik. It's been that way for as long as I can remember.
TripleSRankAug 11, 2017 5:04 AM
Aug 11, 2017 8:47 AM
May 2017
It is because of 'Violet Evergarden' first episode preview and hype, as it seems too early to evaluate it too high with only a first episode preview and some teasers and trailers.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin

More topics from this board

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2018

617 by AMazingWay »»
Yesterday, 5:27 PM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2018

244 by _Anime-Lover-44_ »»
Apr 15, 1:02 AM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2018

422 by TabbyPog »»
Apr 5, 2:36 PM

» Do you love Violet Evergarden? ( 1 2 )

Stacias - Jul 19, 2022

90 by Zarutaku »»
Apr 5, 4:41 AM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2018

239 by AdrianRawr »»
Mar 30, 6:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.