Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 7, 2017 9:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty calm episode. We got a variety of customers (pretty much the ones that visited in the past) all coming at once to this sacred restaurant.

I do find it interesting that the princesses came together at the same time.
Seems they still appreciate the service and food served there. Nice to see the Dragon girl again :D
Aug 7, 2017 11:00 AM

Apr 2010
A day with Aletta and a very hectic one at that with everyone arguing which food as best.
Well they did manage to taste some new things in the process even if Aletta was very tired in the end.

It's also funny how the Elf reacted trying something new while staying away from the argument.
Aug 7, 2017 12:14 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Might be an unpopular opinion but i liked the Aletta segments the best this episode.

The first segment reminded subtly us that she had it really bad in the past just through a potato (the one thing she had to eat). That was very well done.

And the ending segment was just great, my smile intensified. With a different cooking method, this potato dish turned into her favourite <3 I bet, this will replace her bad memories a little.

The arguing customers were quite fun, especially at the end when everyone was just shouting what they wanted xD It felt like the creators wanted to get this interaction out of the way in one episode though, i hope we get more of this.
Aug 7, 2017 12:15 PM

Jun 2015
Got to see how Aletta gets ready before the first diner arrives. She had a long day serving everyone. It was quite hectic with all the arguing over what sandwich is the best. They got to try new foods. Aletta didn't realize how potatoes can taste so good. She also learned how to steam them. It's her favorite food now.
Aug 7, 2017 12:27 PM

Apr 2016
I like the fanservice at the beginning. And finally next episode will introduce that other "maid" girl.
Aug 7, 2017 12:29 PM

Jun 2014
Aletta really had her work cut out for her in this episode. It amazes me that the chef can keep up with all those orders by himself.

Also, Aletta's smile must be protected at all costs.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 7, 2017 12:41 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Man, I would have fallen under all of that pressure that Aletta had in this episode....Props to her for handling herself as well as she did

Even though this episode didn't play out like I thought it would have, I still hope that we have more episodes like this with the customers interacting with one another....Possibly even outside the restaurant too

Aug 7, 2017 1:17 PM

Sep 2015
How come they skipped the fight between dishes I wanted to see everyone come to an understanding and like each other dishes.
Aug 7, 2017 1:20 PM

Aug 2013
Well, arguments about the best dish was inevitable. They all look so good.

Aletta worked so hard. She managed to keep up with the orders and the chef delivered on every one of them. Both of them are impressive. For Aletta potatoes had become her favourite dish. You can clearly see the stark difference from her flashback. That smile needs to be protected. :)

Aug 7, 2017 1:30 PM

Sep 2013
What a bunch of plebs, grilled ham cheese bacon lettuce and tomato with ketchup, mustard and mayonnaise is the master race.
Goat-chan likes potatoes now.
Aug 7, 2017 1:32 PM

Apr 2017
Unpopular opinion, but this episode was pretty boring. The fight was so egocentric, nobody wanted to admit that there might be more tasty dishes than theirs. And there is no way Aletta is more tired than Tenshu who has to deliver in a rather faster fashion to not keep the people waiting. Aletta's job of getting the orders and then bringing the food is very easy in contrast. We also didn't meet any new client, sadly. Hopefully the new waiter steps up.
Aug 7, 2017 1:33 PM
Nov 2016
Well, this was a different episode and it was sort of calming but still enjoyable.

We got to see what Aletta's days are like and damn, that little demon girl is working her ass off.

The arguing scene sort of enhanced the friendly feel of the restaurant for me.
Aug 7, 2017 1:39 PM

Nov 2016

Yes,you can.

Pretty nice episode, seeing all the former customers discuss was amusing and the part where Aletta discovered the magic of potatoes was cute.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 7, 2017 2:44 PM

Dec 2013
Aletta had her work cut out for her this episode, and her narration of her work day was fun to hear.

For once it was nice to have some interactions amongst all the diners, even if it wasn't all friendly all the time. I find it more surprising that Tenshu manages to remember all those orders as he cooks more than Aletta being able to recite the orders to him all at once.

And a wild and naked Kuro appears next episode! Can't wait!
For once I'm glad it was mainly steamed potatoes today.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 7, 2017 3:04 PM

Aug 2013
This was a good mid-season episode, showing the interaction between the customers we had seen in the restaurant.

I like how they decided to further characterize Aletta mid-season instead of being done with her at the start. Aletta finding her favorite dish is much more powerful like this.
Aug 7, 2017 3:24 PM

Feb 2014
Aletta sure works her backside off on a busy day. Not only does she have to deal with the bickering customers who're busy debating about why their dish is better than the others, but she also has to remember a wave of food, drink and dessert orders by memory. Not to forget that Tenshu has to cook all of this under that pressure and still fully satisfy the customers shows just how hard working both he and Aletta truly are. =)

The steamed potatoes looked simple and delicious that helped change Aletta's opinion about them completely. She also pulled off a beautiful smile at the end and like @thebrentinator24 mentioned, it must be protected at all costs. =D

The small fanservice of Aletta in the shower and also her underwear was unexpected, but at the same time, it didn't feel that out of place at all. Working at the Nekoya Restaurant probably gives her a chance to cleanse herself better than she's able to in her own world. Poor girl has it tough still. D=

A relaxing and happy episode this was overall. Looking forward to the girl characters for next week's episode now, including the unexpected nude women. =P
Aug 7, 2017 4:31 PM

May 2015
Great and amusing episode. The whole argument about dishes was honestly really entertaining to watch, lol.

Aug 7, 2017 5:05 PM

Oct 2008
This is the one word for me to sum-up this episode = "Understaffed" ... lolz only if the customers are in a hurry.
arguing discussions really can't be avoided when it comes to personal food preferences!
more added elf characters next episode!
4/5.

Aug 7, 2017 6:14 PM

Jan 2016
Finally no more boring character introduction but we're more focused into the restaurant. And we have Kuro next episode~~
Aug 7, 2017 7:13 PM

Sep 2015
Just more curious about Nekoya.

How big are Nekoya? i mean i got elevator inside it
Are Nekoya home restaurant? only 1 person on Nekoya place
Into the Internet!
Aug 7, 2017 8:21 PM
Feb 2009
This show doesn't give the score or respect it deserves, I feel it's great as it's some of the best food visuals since shokugeki no souma, while have some solid background story for all characters involved, who you see more than once instead of fading into oblivion after their segment. Deserves at least 8.25 in my opinion if not higher.
Aug 7, 2017 8:43 PM

Dec 2014
That was a nice episode.

Aletta certainly had her work cut out for her this time around. Props to her for actually remembering all those orders.

I liked her link with the potato and how it changed from being something that caused her pain to get favorite dish.

Them arguments over the best sandwich though. XD
Aug 7, 2017 9:07 PM

Jul 2011
I was hoping for an episode like this, but I'm not that happy about it. I wanted to see an episode with a few more then just 1 character showing up and ordering something. Still I wish we got to see their sandwiches and reactions.

Still good episode.
Aug 7, 2017 9:29 PM

Sep 2016
"through the dark lord, amen"
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Aug 7, 2017 9:36 PM

Nov 2015
Next episode has Kuro (nude elf) in it. She looks so pretty from the opening, hell, all the girls in this anime are pretty.
RealPikaman1Aug 7, 2017 9:39 PM

"The longer you live, the more you realize that reality is just made of pain, suffering, and emptiness." -Madara Uchiha
Aug 7, 2017 9:51 PM

Sep 2015
Brilliant episode. This time we get to see Aletta get her own favorite dish after everyone talked about there own. Showed the liveliness and chaotic situation on the restaurant. Good break from the frequent character introductions. Its hard to remember all their names but they all are notable in their background and appearance that I don't forget them.
Really love Aletta get more screen time.

I just find this so sweet, everyone there have this one day where they relax and enjoy themselves in carefree day-to-day.
And that ending song is always so beautiful which only makes this ever more sweet of a series. It is a simple formula, but I look forward to this every day, it is so well done. Nothing fancy is required for a good anime. It is a anime that you can relax and watch yet be good.
Look forward to every episode!
Aug 7, 2017 10:30 PM

Jul 2017
I've only just watched the previous episodes between last week and this and how impressively this is a reminder of all the things I love about this show is only matched by how it made me love the other episodes even more for the few things it lacked. The vignette style works so well for the show, constantly finding new perspectives on food and the things it can mean to someone, as this episode proved a perfect summation. I wouldn't count the argument scene as one of my favorites in the show so far but I love it nonetheless and I do for all the time we've spent learning these characters, learning why they love the foods they passionately (although, as is the show's wont, amiably) defend.-

Otherwise, it's as perfect an encapsulation of everything I adore about this show as anything else. It works to reward whatever level of engagement you want to bring to it, whether that be sort of cute worldbuilding and mental grappling details like Aletta abstractly describing things like elevators and cardboard, exploring the meaning that can be found in our relationship to food and all the things that food itself can mean to us, or just being a calming weekly respite from a more complicated world as the restaurant opens its doors again. The characters are so vivid, the music is so beautiful, and it's loaded with passion and care. I've only just started watching anime recently so I don't know if this is a unique beast among anime, but it's unquestionably an exceptional piece of media no matter the medium. I couldn't have asked for a better anime to be in my first season.
I don't know everything. I just know what I know.
Aug 7, 2017 10:33 PM

May 2010
So no more dumb random characters just them arguing over their average food. Wow, so interesting.

I had to speed it up, so fucking boring.
Aug 8, 2017 1:47 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Enjoyable episode to watch. It was soothing and yummy as always too.
Although this episode didn't go as I thought it would, it was still quite good. Seeing all the regular costumers come and have a little argument over their best dishes always pleases a chef. Aletta had things rough this time around and did well to endure it all. Well, she got her reward in exquisite form anyways.
Looks like the new maid will finally be revealed next episode so it will be great to see how the trio will manage from now on.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 8, 2017 3:05 AM

Jul 2014
So the show changes from one guest enjoying some random dish to all the guests arguing over what's the best dish when they've each only ever had the one dish at the restaurant. Seriously, is this all the show can get out of all these guests interacting?

Gotta agree with this guy on this.
Aug 8, 2017 5:49 AM

Oct 2012
I need them to speak human language instead of food language to understand them all xD

Right? Potatoes are like the best food!
They're like really savory when cooked right
Especially with butter
You can cook potatoes whatever you want like, they can become fillings, soup or even it's own dish (main course)
Croquette, mashed potatoes, Lyonnaise, potato cake/donut/sandwich/pancake/waffle, potato salad, nikujaga
Potatoes are perfect either it's for appetizer, main course, or even dessert xD

Curry and new main girl is coming!
"Signature removed"
Aug 8, 2017 7:27 AM

Dec 2014
I guess we have witnessed every customer story more or less... I like to see their stories more in depth though
Aug 8, 2017 7:56 AM

Feb 2008
More dragon lady next week. :)
Aug 8, 2017 3:10 PM

Oct 2013
I liked the beginning and the ending sections on potatoes, but the lengthy discussion on what dish is best dragged. I found it uninteresting.
Aug 8, 2017 3:32 PM

Jun 2012
This show is really dragging now.
We had 10 seconds of dragon lady this episode, and it was just her leaving the shop. Seriously.

Hopefully we get more of her next week. Looking forward to the new girl as well.
Aug 8, 2017 6:48 PM

Jun 2013
kinda boring nothing interesting
Aug 8, 2017 9:37 PM

Jun 2017
Sad that I didn't get to see the different sandwiches. On the other hand, this series is really good at describing dishes. It's like the author just wrote it to demonstrate his food critic potential.
Aug 8, 2017 10:05 PM

Aug 2016
Preatty nice episode,it was fresh at not being what the anime has accustomed us to, I loved to all the customers gather together, it make the restaurant being alive.

Also, those steamed potatoes dude, damn! I love steamed potatoes.
Aug 9, 2017 4:12 AM

Jun 2016
I love Aletta. She's such a sweet and beautiful character.

I also find it amusing that all the characters introduced in the span of 5 episodes got together in the restaurant. This episode is heartwarming and had me drooling all over again.

Loved it. <3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Aug 9, 2017 5:30 AM

Nov 2014
Their is something really addictive about this series.

Needs more Elves though!
Aug 9, 2017 5:36 AM

Apr 2015
A downside of this director's style, I heard; slightly static, forced dialogue, not unbearable because of the genre but downside still

The episode itself was pretty interesting.
Aug 9, 2017 10:08 PM

Jul 2016
Personally, when I saw the preview of this episode last week, I was expecting something more interesting than this... I mean, at least now I know that Aletta has some "one day jobs" in her world but nothing permanent... at least, I hope she has a good bed where to sleep intead of a haystack.

P.S.: I was also expecting for more screentime of the Dragon lady and all you gave me was a 20 seconds appearance??? I feel betrayed.

Scalpelexis said:
Unpopular opinion, but this episode was pretty boring. The fight was so egocentric, nobody wanted to admit that there might be more tasty dishes than theirs.

And as an addition, all the costumers wanted the chef to create a sandwich putting their favourite meals between two brad slices... pointless. As I said, I expected something more from this interactions. I don't know... maybe something like a talk between the "vegan full elf" and the "half elf" who eats flan (milk, eggs...) or whatever.
Aug 10, 2017 9:42 AM
Jul 2017
The owner needs to surprise everyone by making a buffet; let them try a bit of everything.
Aug 10, 2017 12:42 PM

Jun 2013
I like that the customers ended up ordering food for each other. Aletta enjoying potatoes was heartwarming.
Aug 11, 2017 4:57 AM
Mar 2016
Aletta in her black floral underwear, probably the only fanservice we're gonna see.
Aug 11, 2017 6:22 AM

Mar 2012
Non of them have the right to say which dish is best as all they eat is the very first dish that they were served. I do not know i feel like rather than introduce more new characther per dish they should give the current ones a new dish to try out.
Aug 11, 2017 11:42 AM

Mar 2013
I can't express how ecstatic I am right now after watching this wonderful episode~

I didn't had the chance to check it out right until now. I made sure this time to watch it late at night after dinner, in a calm and relaxing peaceful time of mine~

And wow, wasn't I really surprised this time around?!
*I wonder if our regulars at Nekoya ever converse with each other...*
I always wished I got to see that segment... But alas! Not only I got to see that sight, but also how they'd get so passionate about the food they love. To the extent of getting into heated arguments... and even making each other to try their favorite meal! All of those silly but heartwarming scenes brings me a great delight and put a big smile on my face like an idiot who doesn't know how to suppress it till the very end of the show~
Such a feeling of content I go through every episode of this anime :')

Many countless seasonal anime come and go, but to find such a good anime that has heartwarming atmosphere and the ability soothe your heart is such a bliss.
Well here goes my favorite choice for AoTS :)

Btw, we haven't seen that samurai and that old mage's story explicitly yet, right?
FinalFlash18Aug 12, 2017 9:58 AM
Aug 11, 2017 4:44 PM

Jul 2014
Aletta's segments are the best and next episode finally the other maid.
Aug 11, 2017 10:04 PM

Jan 2011
Looks like the other girl is finally gonna make her appearance.
Aug 11, 2017 10:56 PM
Oct 2014
I don't need the Video. It's like a Radio Drama to me. Story for the ears. ^_^ I don't get why people find this boring.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Easter hunt help

Canfro - Apr 16, 2022

18 by Mithun1237 »»
Apr 3, 9:14 PM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2017

163 by chocoalyaUwU »»
Apr 1, 9:47 PM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2017

137 by Forum »»
Jan 15, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2017

83 by Hayley2877 »»
Sep 14, 2023 1:00 PM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2017

74 by Hayley2877 »»
Aug 31, 2023 12:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.