Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 6, 2017 7:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode was awesome and didn't waste time getting into the action with Chise.

I like how this episode adapts an assassination style of storytelling. A very thrilling episode. We also learn a bit more about Chise as well, one of the more mysterious characters in this show.

Also kinda unique that the setting of this episode took mostly on a train.
Aug 6, 2017 8:12 AM
Oct 2012
just like sherlock holmes scene with sao bgm,this eps is really good
Aug 6, 2017 8:15 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode. 5/5

They showed us how they met Chise. It's sad that she had to kill her own father. Honestly didn't see that coming. Quite emotional.

Beatrice was lucky that she survived that strike from Jubei. I want to see her imitate more voices. Of course, Dorothy would 'seduce' the Japanese representative.

Aug 6, 2017 8:25 AM
Jul 2016
A lot of action this episode and it was great.

This is case 7 and Chise is introduced, so I think that in the future with case 3, 4, 5, 6 she will be absent. It's a pity because I really like her, she is an interesting character, cute and a double spy.

Beato, being a robot has managed to survive.
Aug 6, 2017 8:26 AM
Feb 2015
It was so guddddd
That part where he hit the metal collar/vocal speaker, should have been a clean cut there lul. Neck armor is overated
Aug 6, 2017 8:42 AM

Jun 2015
Got to meet Chise in this episode. She is very skilled with the sword. Her action sequences were amazing. Sword fighting on a train is very cool. Beatrice got lucky when Jubie struck her. Her voice changer saved her. Dorothy was also lucky. It's sad Chise had to kill her own father. It was emotional. Now she's part of the team.
Aug 6, 2017 8:50 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I only caught on that Jubei could be Chise's father when he uttered his last words. Sucks for Chise. Really liked the use of the healing spell her father taught her, made for a pretty sad scene at this grave.

The swordfight was really cool.
Aug 6, 2017 8:51 AM

Jul 2013
Owie Owie go away T_T
Aug 6, 2017 8:53 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I fucking love this anime so much man......Another badass episode in the books and now I like Chise a lot more than I originally did
Aug 6, 2017 9:01 AM
Aug 2017
I saw that character arc from a mile away. She's basically luke skywalker. Seeking revenge on the person who killed her father. Adept at swordfighting. Bad guy turns out to be father. But it's still different enough that I still liked it nonetheless
Aug 6, 2017 9:10 AM
Dec 2016
Another good episode as always
Aug 6, 2017 10:04 AM

Jul 2015
After a weaker episode 3 and 4, I think this one went back to be awesome, the action scenes were amazing, and that owie owie hit me right in the feels.
Aug 6, 2017 10:07 AM

Nov 2013
This episode is the main reason my I love this show.
Its storybuild and preparation is as good as the first person and It also gave me kind of same impact as the first episode.

I'd love to see the progress of this show next week.

But seriously, what's with that Ange-Chise chitchat scene? LOL random pick-and-put card and those soldiers don't even get mad at all
Aug 6, 2017 10:23 AM

Sep 2015
Back to case 7 now, Chise is introduced properly. I like the train as the setting. Funny how there is always enough time for the girls (or rather Ange in this case) to change outfits. :)

What do you guys make of the card game section with the guards. Like, Ange and Chise played against each other while passing this wagon?
Aug 6, 2017 10:24 AM

Jul 2014
Any reason this couldn't have been last week (so we got to know Chise before just lobbing her in the team) other than for this show to pretend it's way better and way more clever than it actually is? That being said, this was entertaining enough even if the whole thing was very, very predictable (yet more proof that this show is nowhere near as good or as clever as it wants to be or as it's fooling so many into thinking it is).
Aug 6, 2017 10:52 AM
Jun 2016
Another great episode, hehe you know after this is all finished, it will be interesting to watch all of these in proper order.
Aug 6, 2017 11:10 AM

Sep 2013
Chise ep, a japanese lord comes to talk and gets accompanied by the princess.
Chise gets teamed up with ange and she kills her father who is the assassin and then joins the princess :'(
Aug 6, 2017 11:42 AM

Aug 2012
-seems like this is chise's introduction episode
-title drop roll end credits
-this could be a pretty interesting setup
-hey imagine if that kid was todo jubei haha
-is chise just a huge chuuni
-that guard's walk looks pretty swanky
-alright this train sequence is actually pretty swanky
-i can't believe beatrice is fuckin dead
-i had the slightest inkling that she and jubei were related, but now it makes sense that he chose to totally ignore horikawa in favor of dueling chise
-also i didn't notice the first time that chise used her offhand to bolster her swordbreaking strike, which probably means breaking her father's sword was her goal for the entirety of the duel
-wait dorothy survived an explosion that blew a hole in steel?
-the little exchange between ange and chise at the end was pretty heartwarming

So all of the action sequences in this episode far surpassed any other of the action that was going on in the show in previous episodes. The whole stop-the-train sequence happening simultaneously with Chise’s duel is just something I love seeing. The whole segment with Ange and Chise working together to catch up to the engineer’s car was also pretty spectacular. This episode being the chronologically first time that the East and West (macroscopically) have been mingled was pretty interesting to see, especially between Chise and Ange at the end because it like, signals the start of their friendship or something. It seems like they have also returned to the style of storytelling they had in the first two episodes, which involves having a twist revealed at the end of the episode, but the twist this time was pretty mild in comparison. I still liked the episode overall, though, because the second half was nearly all action.
Aug 6, 2017 11:56 AM
Jul 2016
Anyone who read the Samurai X manga, or watched the series or even read about the story of the Shogunate, will know exactly what happened in this episode, and the previous one. It is quite interesting how they correlate the actual historical periods and the fictional history itself.
Aug 6, 2017 11:57 AM

Nov 2016
Really liked this flashback about how the girls met Chise, the way she had to send her father off to the next world was sad.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 6, 2017 12:05 PM

Jun 2017
QuynhNhu said:
A lot of action this episode and it was great.

This is case 7 and Chise is introduced, so I think that in the future with case 3, 4, 5, 6 she will be absent. It's a pity because I really like her, she is an interesting character, cute and a double spy.

Beato, being a robot has managed to survive.

yea, i wish this episode was case 4 or 5 so we can see her more often.

Ps: the katana sound effect kind of weird for me, it sound to low like bigger sword, steel staff or pole axe compare to other anime that use katana.
Aug 6, 2017 12:48 PM

Dec 2013
I'm starting to get used to the messed up order of these case files. It's nice for character development, though I'm not sure if it gets too messed up that I have to go back on some episodes to look for clues later on.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 6, 2017 1:10 PM

Feb 2014
Chise gets her full introduction in this episode and she's certainly a match against Ange as they battled briefly, but at least they worked like a duo dream team as they made easy work of the enemy soldiers and samurais. The target was Chise's father, Jubei and his duel against his own daughter was impressive.

Chise might've won the duel, but the scene at his grave by the tree (beautiful sunset background BTW), her saying "Owie owie fly away" as she started crying really hit me. The feels was strong. D=

@Atavistic It might be a little predictable at times, but personally, the show does a very good job with the execution of the action scenes, bgm and character interaction that makes the shows entertaining, but also good as well. Hence why a lot of people watching this show up to this point really enjoy it, myself included. =)

Overall, this was a thrilling episode all throughout, although since this was case 7, would the next set of episodes cover the cases before this one, if it does that is? It reminds me of the broadcast order vs the chronological order of the Haruhi Suzumiya Series now. >_<
Aug 6, 2017 1:30 PM

Aug 2013
Very solid episode in terms of story-telling and the formal introduction of Chise and the action scenes were quite amazing. Am I the only one who noticed the movement scenes were kinda off though? Like looking at the way the Japanese characters moved felt a little dramatic with how they walked or jogged. I think it was on purpose to emphasize the difference in body movements between the easterners and westerners but who knows? Also, seems like the broadcasting order is like that of Haruhi Suzumiya so I wonder if they will rebroadcast this or release the BDs with the episodes arranged in the proper case order.
Don't believe the hype.
Aug 6, 2017 1:31 PM

Aug 2013
Meta_Yoshi said:

Overall, this was a thrilling episode all throughout, although since this was case 7, would the next set of episodes cover the cases before this one, if it does that is? It reminds me of the broadcast order vs the chronological order of the Haruhi Suzumiya Series now. >_<

Yeah so I'm not the only one who thought of Haruhi with the way this is being broadcasted then. I definitely want to rewatch this in the proper case order so that the details are more consistent.
Don't believe the hype.
Aug 6, 2017 1:36 PM

Jun 2013
This had to have been the best episode so far! That sword fight was epic!
Aug 6, 2017 1:42 PM

Aug 2008
papachulu said:
Legendary assassin gets dominated by 12 years old girl. Cool.

LOL!! I think Chise said she was 19, but still, hilarious nonetheless. Only in anime.

But anyway, good episode. My favorite scene was at the end, when Chise chanted her spell on her heart :'(

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Aug 6, 2017 2:20 PM
Feb 2015
Think the out-of-order format episodes works in this kind of story, its a spy story so trust is
key and the matter of betrayer will always present if they didnt show the last episode first.

That way, they can focus on the action and other interesting aspect.

Like how the team will solve this rather than "will she betray us, will she turn out to be a double-sided spy".

Or! they could do a "faking to be a double-agent but is actually not"
although it takes most of the tension of "will she survive" (like that train explosion), but not focusing on that might also be the advantages. like skipping the explanation on how a ankle bomb fireball that big cant kill Oppal-girl. Left a few scratches through visual rather than telling, then back to the action

Like when Beatrice stepped up to defend princess i was like "lul how will she survive this"
She shouldn't, thanks to the voice modular, that could mentally break the team, decapitating Beatrice. But it show how dangerous and close to death these girls made it.

P/s CHISE ARMPITS LOOK DELICIOUS

Aug 6, 2017 3:19 PM

Mar 2016
This episode was predictable and mediocre. Jubei being Chise's father was very predictable.
Aug 6, 2017 3:41 PM

May 2015
That's without a doubt the best episode so far in my opinion. One epic swordfight, and it looks like this case was Chise's introduction.

Aug 6, 2017 3:55 PM

Dec 2016
Another great episode, fast and action packed, very exciting to watch.

I was very impressed with Chise, she is a great addition to the team.

I liked what she showed in the previous episode.

Ange was great yet again.

Looking forward to watching the next episode.
Aug 6, 2017 5:48 PM

Apr 2016
Chise is a badass! I love it.
Aug 6, 2017 6:56 PM

Oct 2014
so... Chise joins the groupie after the first arc (case 1-6.)

This episode is Yuki Kajiura. Yup, finally I can say that it's definitely her.
Revvie-chanAug 6, 2017 7:05 PM
Aug 6, 2017 6:56 PM

Oct 2013
This was my favorite episode so far. A Chise-centric episode.
Aug 6, 2017 7:06 PM

Nov 2009
On the shortlist of most enjoyable episodes from any show this year. That was a good one.
Certified "cute girls doing cute things" expert

the cute girls doing cute things club needs you!

maybe you didn't give re:stage dream days a chance; please re:consider
Aug 6, 2017 7:06 PM

Feb 2016
papachulu said:

It's more of pupil surpassing their master, him being her father and everything.
Aug 6, 2017 7:12 PM

Jan 2011
Episode was lit favorite one yet still felt like we should of gotten this before last week but hey at least we now know how Chise joined

I'm not crazy right i can tell when Ryouma Ebata does Sakuga since he has noticeable work in all the H3Z shows , always liked how much weight and sway is showcased in it good stuff!.

Aug 6, 2017 8:01 PM

Jul 2015
"How Strange. Your spell isn't working, Father. It won't take away the pain in my heart".

Another great episode, with nice BMG, fight and feels.

Aug 6, 2017 8:12 PM
Jan 2011
Chise is both cute and badass all wrapped up in the ultimate samurai girl package! Since she doesn't join up until later in the series (chronologically) it'll be hard to enjoy the remaining episodes without her. Still, the first two cases were entertaining enough.

Princess Principal obviously can't be a one-woman show, but Chise manages to steal the spotlight whenever she's on screen.
Aug 6, 2017 8:16 PM

Jan 2016
Holy the action in this episode and the BGM is really amazing!
Nice one~
Aug 6, 2017 8:57 PM
Aug 2014
Probably the worst episode so far, had nice action though. y'know, this show isn't as great as I thought it was going to be back in Episode 1. Hopefully they'll pick it up to just okay again.

Aug 6, 2017 9:09 PM

Dec 2009
Well that explains where Chise came from. People were asking that last episode haha. Was a decent introduction, fitting of a ninja, for her intro to be an episode that is spectacle exactly like a samurai film.

This series has been doing an amazing job of building upon itself and really sticking true to it's themes, especially with that first episode being a sort of typical-looking science-gone-wrong plot. I much more appreciate the character growth and various troubles they end up involved in, while well keeping the victorian special-agent atmosphere.

That was a very good fight, and clearly trying replicate what Sword of the Stranger did, and quite a decent job.

Some people may not have noticed how the episode order is alinear, and that could be impacting how they feel about the series. It's been a long while since an anime has done this. Looking forward to rewatching it in chronological order when it's finished.
GenesisAriaAug 6, 2017 9:13 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Aug 6, 2017 9:33 PM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Great episode, cool fight scenes together with Yuki Kajiura music. Best episode so far. Owie Owie fly the feels away.

guyklc said:
papachulu said:

LOL!! I think Chise said she was 19, but still, hilarious nonetheless. Only in anime.

She's 16
Aug 6, 2017 9:36 PM
Jul 2017
I like how the ship at the beginning of the episode is based on White Star Line's Olympic class ship(Titanic,etc).

Also the OST for this anime is really great, i see similiarities with Detective Conan and Char's Counterattack OST
Aug 6, 2017 9:50 PM

May 2015
We wanted a Chise episode, and we got it. Now we see how the Japanese fit into the story and Chise's reason for being part of the Pigeons.

LOL at Chise bringing out the English-Japanese Dictionary when she heard the word "Buddy". I'm actually glad that they put that there to show that she's not completely versed in English and to remind us that we're in London. Yes I know everyone talks in Japanese, but that little scene still shows that there's a bit of a language barrier between the Japanese and English.

And the buddy-buddy talk with Ange and Chise was great. Chise actually took the Black Lizard Planet literally, which surprised Ange. Glad to see that this anime likes to have some fun now and then.

Beatrice has to be thankful once again for having that mechanical neck. Jubei would have cut that neck right off.

And an excellent swordfight indeed. No speaking during the fight except scenes to show what is happening elsewhere. The animation could have been a little bit better, but the choreography was stellar. You also have to give credit to Ange with her C-Ball and flying and shooting all over the place.
TarotistOct 28, 2018 2:54 PM
Aug 7, 2017 1:30 AM

Jan 2015
Tropisch said:
I think Chise's the coolest / best character in this anime after this episode tbh.
Either Chise or still Beatrice. It always hard to pick cute... I mean coolest character if the story is get shuffle'd.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Aug 7, 2017 1:59 AM

Dec 2007
Nexxkinn said:
This episode is the main reason my I love this show.
Its storybuild and preparation is as good as the first person and It also gave me kind of same impact as the first episode.

I'd love to see the progress of this show next week.

But seriously, what's with that Ange-Chise chitchat scene? LOL random pick-and-put card and those soldiers don't even get mad at all
Actually, if you look carefully, several instances involve the soldier's expression changing (for the worse) as soon as the cards are swiped or deposited. Well, there are actually only a handful of sequences with each of them repeated, often multiple times, and 2 of those involve the expression changing.

This was one of a handful of scenes where there was a noticeable shortcut or drop in quality - probably so they could put more emphasis on the fight scenes.
Aug 7, 2017 2:33 AM

Oct 2008
So this episode is like backwards since this is how they met Chise and how she joined Ange's spy team!
Chise's a badass katana user!
As always epic OST by Kajiura Yuki!
4/5.

Aug 7, 2017 2:35 AM

Aug 2008
As I thought, this anime only keeps getting BETTER and BETTER after each episode. Loving the hell out of it.

Now we know what makes Chice tick, and her back-story. Well done at that too. And we're shown yet again that Princess has guts, if it wasn't obvious already.

Aug 7, 2017 5:33 AM
Oct 2016
U1111 said:
This episode was predictable and mediocre. Jubei being Chise's father was very predictable.

Mr "I predict everything" is here
If youre the only who predicted its not
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Princess Principal Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2017

102 by rainbowScarlet »»
Apr 17, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Princess Principal Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2017

132 by Bing_101010 »»
Sep 10, 2023 5:11 PM

Poll: » Princess Principal Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2017

205 by Bing_101010 »»
Sep 7, 2023 8:04 PM

Poll: » Princess Principal Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Thatonebadbro - Sep 24, 2017

183 by Epiroogu »»
Sep 3, 2023 12:31 PM

Poll: » Princess Principal Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2017

117 by Epiroogu »»
Sep 3, 2023 11:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.