Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 5, 2017 7:35 PM

Apr 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, Niji did the two things you should never do in front of Sanji; waste food and try to hurt a woman. his family really can't be much worse, but I'm still curious about his mother.
Luffy's Organ Gun attack was also freaking awesome, the fight with Cracker is looking very good
Aug 5, 2017 8:03 PM
Mar 2010
Even if the pace are horrendously being slow, I kinda like how everything's turning out. But I still feel the 800th episode milestone should've been more intense and explosive. They could've just fastened the pace and showed "that" fight in this episode... but well...

Sanji eating food in front of his family kinda sucks. If I were in his position, I could've just gone into the kitchen and ate there. Sanji beating his siblings should've been feasible, but I think his emotional trauma hinders it from happening. I kinda dislike Sanji's position all throughout this Germa family arc, he's very helpless like a weak heroine. But I'm excited to finally see Zeff and Sanji's flashback episodes. The "chivalry" sense Sanji has will finally be explained.
Aug 5, 2017 11:32 PM

Mar 2012
Why did Sanji deliberately let the food fall to the ground?
They will show the same flash back once again. Are we entering into a couple of flash back episodes for each character?
Aug 6, 2017 12:04 AM

Jul 2016
Sanji is so badass

Best character in the series by far, so glad he is back and getting some air time. I have missed him so much.
Aug 6, 2017 12:38 AM

Dec 2016
Nami: Between sweet commander-Cracker, and his mother, Yonkou-Big Mom, Who's the scariest?
tease forest citizens and me: antada yo!

(wow, I shout synchronously with them lol)
Aug 6, 2017 12:47 AM

Nov 2012
Welp here's where I drop this,wanted to hold out till episode 1000th but that 4.5 years away so yeah no.

Aug 6, 2017 1:32 AM

Sep 2011
Idk why I still watch. This is disgustingly slow.
Aug 6, 2017 2:27 AM

Jul 2008
I don't remember the Organ Gun attack from the manga....that shit was awesome.
Aug 6, 2017 2:33 AM
Sep 2015
This show is becoming ridiculously slow. OP is the only perfect anime to fit an episode chapter, and occasionally even a few more pages, so you're always at the same level of the manga and do some 2, 3 months filler between one saga and the other.
But not so. It is from the beginning of the saga that they are adapting practically half chapter. It does not work. It's really slow, ridiculous and boring.
Aug 6, 2017 2:56 AM

Feb 2013
I hate the Vinsmoke family with a burning passion, how can they all be so damn awful.
Aug 6, 2017 4:46 AM
Nov 2015
SamBlack said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Wow, Niji did the two things you should never do in front of Sanji; waste food and try to hurt a woman. his family really can't be much worse, but I'm still curious about his mother.
Luffy's Organ Gun attack was also freaking awesome, the fight with Cracker is looking very good

Don't count on it, Oda has that matter of not revealing parents unless they are a big deal like Aces? :)
Only one parent per character :)
Aug 6, 2017 4:48 AM
Nov 2015
Ulquiorra said:
I hate the Vinsmoke family with a burning passion, how can they all be so damn awful.

When you have a terrible Evil father raising his children, did you really think they would turn out good? :o

The only one that have shown some goodness is his sister when she saved Luffy from death :)
Aug 6, 2017 4:59 AM
Mar 2016
AhmedHan said:
Why did Sanji deliberately let the food fall to the ground?
They will show the same flash back once again. Are we entering into a couple of flash back episodes for each character?

Actually there was a small flashback about Sanji and Zeff in the manga, it was really short though.
Aug 6, 2017 5:55 AM

Apr 2015
4/5

Vinsmoke family is disgusting, except Sanji.

Sanji my boy you're so badass. :)
Aug 6, 2017 5:57 AM

Feb 2013
UltimateXXX said:
Ulquiorra said:

When you have a terrible Evil father raising his children, did you really think they would turn out good? :o

The only one that have shown some goodness is his sister when she saved Luffy from death :)

I'm not even sure why she did that, it's obvious that she didn't care about Sanji when he was a kid, maybe she had a change of heart, but I won't expect anything from the Vinsmoke family.
Aug 6, 2017 6:11 AM

Mar 2016
Sorry but this is so slow, slow as sloth to be honest!
Organ gun wasn't at the manga. (I might check it out later)
The episode is everything so slow the graphics, the story, the add-ons, just everything. It gives me meh expression.
(T_T*)I know they stagnating it, but It's episode 800th! (make some memes! or good stuff! ffs!)

*from 0 to 25 It kinda meh. for this current season.
*Edit #1 Organ Gun was seen in the manga but in different style...
-Lazed-Aug 6, 2017 7:44 AM
My Profile
Anime
Manga
osu! Profile
No Picture Available for me... lol.
Aug 6, 2017 6:14 AM
Nov 2015
Ulquiorra said:
UltimateXXX said:

I'm not even sure why she did that, it's obvious that she didn't care about Sanji when he was a kid, maybe she had a change of heart, but I won't expect anything from the Vinsmoke family.

I think when Germa 66 will be defeated, the sister would be harmed less depending on her actions and she might try manipulation him/his nakama and then later betray him maybe...

Her role is obvious atm but will be more mixed I'm sure later :)

As for the brothers and father we can expect them to be as their are portrayed bad guys that needs to get their asses kicked :)
Aug 6, 2017 6:15 AM
Nov 2015
Insanity_42 said:
The episode is everything so slow the graphics, the story, the add-ons, just everything. It gives me meh expression.
(T_T*)I know they stagnating it, but It's episode 800th! (make some memes! or good stuff! ffs!)

At least it wasn't a filler episode that slowed the story more just because their hit 800 :)
Aug 6, 2017 7:53 AM

Mar 2016
UltimateXXX said:
Insanity_42 said:

At least it wasn't a filler episode that slowed the story more just because their hit 800 :)
Well that's true. It's still on the flow but just so slow. Still win-win (50-50) on these episodes. lel. (~_~",)
(I don't like filter even more! It's non-canon! No one gonna gives a sack of crap afterwards! "Ehem. skip that part.")
My Profile
Anime
Manga
osu! Profile
Aug 6, 2017 8:35 AM
Mar 2010
The reason the pace has gotten so painfully slow is that Oda (the guy who writes the manga for those who don't know), has drastically increased the number of breaks he takes in recent years. He consistently takes one week off after every 3 chapters, getting 4 in a row with is practically a small miracle at this point, so if they continued the 1 chapter to 1 episode pace (which is slow enough already) the anime would catch up relatively quickly. Granted, I still think their handling of it is shit (I'd rather just have filler for 20 episodes or something), but their is at least a reason the pace is unbearably slow.
Aug 6, 2017 9:28 AM

Dec 2014
okay wow 800 episodes ...the longest anime I am still seeing right now,,,hmmm

Sanji is such a gentlemen...gotta respect him....
Aug 6, 2017 9:53 AM

Feb 2016
Seriously guys , when they air filler episodes everyone's going on about how shitty it is and they rather watch it in slower pace . When they go with a slower pace they complain about the slow pace and that they'd rather watch 20 filler episodes :/
Aug 6, 2017 11:17 AM

Jun 2014
UltimateXXX said:
SamBlack said:

Don't count on it, Oda has that matter of not revealing parents unless they are a big deal like Aces? :)

Slight spoiler, but
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 6, 2017 11:35 AM

Nov 2015
The decor has some nazi resembles in my opinion.

800th episode, not bad but expected a bit more. C you guys in over 99 weeks
Aug 6, 2017 11:51 AM
Nov 2015
thebrentinator24 said:
UltimateXXX said:

Slight spoiler, but

Don't spoil or place a spoiler on a discussion without manga or any kind of spoiler :|

or mark your spoiler boxes like this

Many misuse the spoiler box and puts gifs, images etc. :|
Aug 6, 2017 11:58 AM

Jun 2014
@UltimateXXX I used a spoiler tag...........
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 6, 2017 12:04 PM

Jun 2017
I respect the shit out of Sanji.
Aug 6, 2017 12:36 PM

Oct 2013
thebrentinator24 said:

Yeah I got the hint and didn't click cuz I'm not reading the manga.

Next episode containing some flashbacks to the times of Zeff...man, those were good times
Aug 6, 2017 12:41 PM

Mar 2013
I just want a new OP
Aug 6, 2017 1:21 PM

Jun 2015
Dayum sanji I see you my boy.
Aug 6, 2017 1:52 PM
Nov 2015
thebrentinator24 said:

Correction you used a nameless spoiler tag! :|

Aug 6, 2017 1:58 PM
Nov 2015
Kitoge said:
thebrentinator24 said:

Yeah I got the hint and didn't click cuz I'm not reading the manga.

Next episode containing some flashbacks to the times of Zeff...man, those were good times

Yea I only read Sanji's mom and closed the spoiler tag :P
Maybe she will appear or maybe not at this point everything can happen, still I dodged a bullet :)
Aug 6, 2017 2:00 PM

Jan 2014
It's been over a year, we want a new OPENING TOEI
Aug 6, 2017 2:06 PM

Sep 2013
800 ep :O
They're adding more to the long luffy/cracker fight, that's good.
Niji a sht.
Aug 6, 2017 3:01 PM

Nov 2016
800 episodes,it's been a long time.

I don't have anything good to say about this episode, pace was horrible and the filler always have to make Luffy look weaker than he actually is..

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 6, 2017 5:02 PM

Jul 2013
Crazy if you think about it, we reached 800 episodes :D

I liked that episode. I really love the fight between Cracker and Luffy. Cracker is definitely such an annoying opponent with his endless army of biscuit warriors. But even without them he can keep up with Gear 4 Luffy. That new Kong Organ gun was cool but I don't think that will help to beat Cracker.

That scene with Chopper and Carrot lol. Chobro :D

In the second half of the episode Sanji met his other 2 brothers after such a long time. I rarely saw such an disgusting family in an anime. And Niji made the 2 biggest mistakes you can make in front of Sanji. He really threw that plate at that woman.....
Sanjis look at this moment, perfect.

Next episode will be about the reveal why Sanji left the straw hats? Can't wait to see that.

Aug 6, 2017 6:31 PM

Dec 2013
I can't believe that I've watched 800 episodes of this series...

Chopper and Carrot are an awesome duo.

Luffy vs Cracker was cool. Even if it didn't feel like much progress was made.

Sanji was a boss at the end!
Aug 6, 2017 6:39 PM

Dec 2012
The pacing was very good this time around. Also, the close ups of this arc are the best in the One Piece anime.
Aug 6, 2017 6:48 PM

Dec 2012
FMmatron said:

I don't have anything good to say about this episode, pace was horrible and the filler always have to make Luffy look weaker than he actually is..

He's looking stronger actually
Aug 6, 2017 7:06 PM

May 2015
Man, I'm praying to the mangaka gods that Sanji kick #2 & #1 candy a$$ because I can’t stand that family of his...
Aug 6, 2017 8:11 PM

Nov 2014
I used to love Sanji when he is with Zoro as an idiot pair, however, I am really liking him even individually nowadays. I get excited everytime he gets a screen time and his too strong manners had never been so epic as they were in this episode.

I know everyone complains about the slow pace, which is very true, but the end scene made the episode for me. Also, I am used to being disappointed by One Piece pace that I've taught myself to try and ignore it, and appreciate any non-dull moments.
Aug 6, 2017 9:50 PM

Mar 2016
I just notice that, not many people watches one piece right now... due to slower pace and filters... or this comment is so early. I don't know.
My Profile
Anime
Manga
osu! Profile
Aug 6, 2017 10:00 PM
Oct 2011
Ulquiorra said:
UltimateXXX said:

Aug 7, 2017 12:14 AM

Nov 2016
Albi-kun said:
FMmatron said:

Imo not, the manga skipped some parts, but it was pretty obvious that Luffy had only trouble against Cracker due to his biscuit soldiers and his stamina, the anime filler on the other hand make Luffy also look a bit weaker in terms of raw physical power... that's how I see it and this isn't the first time, it was also done in the fight against Hody and Doffy.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 7, 2017 5:34 AM

Aug 2009
800 episodes...I hope this anime ends someday.
Aug 7, 2017 7:41 AM

Dec 2014
Nice episode.

Luffy vs Cracker still going on and even in G4, Luffy isn't able to take Cracker down.

They changed Bropper to Chobro. xD

Niji was asking for it, wasting food and even going so far as to hit a girl. I'm so glad Sanji stepped up like he did. That angry face was awesome.
Aug 7, 2017 8:40 PM

Dec 2012
FMmatron said:
Albi-kun said:

Imo not, the manga skipped some parts, but it was pretty obvious that Luffy had only trouble against Cracker due to his biscuit soldiers and his stamina, the anime filler on the other hand make Luffy also look a bit weaker in terms of raw physical power... that's how I see it and this isn't the first time, it was also done in the fight against Hody and Doffy.

I know Luffy has looked weaker sometimes, but not this time. He couldn't even crack the biscuit armor with full haki gear 3rd. Now he's destroying every single armor with one hit in gear 4th. So that's really impressive and it didn't look that easy in the manga.
Aug 8, 2017 1:57 AM

Nov 2016
Albi-kun said:
FMmatron said:

I know Luffy has looked weaker sometimes, but not this time. He couldn't even crack the biscuit armor with full haki gear 3rd. Now he's destroying every single armor with one hit in gear 4th. So that's really impressive and it didn't look that easy in the manga.

It looked that easy, tho :D

As soons as he went Gear 4 the soldiers were pretty much nothing, it was just the fact that there were a seemingly endless amount of them and due to that he couldn't reach the real body.

Aug 8, 2017 8:01 AM

Jul 2013
One thing I like in this anime is that annoying villains always get what's coming to them. Sooner or later Sanji's fuckhed abusive brothers will be put to their place. I know it.

Also I did not expect Luffy's fight with Cracker will be this serious. I'm liking his new moves.

Lastly, happy 800th episode One Piece. Damn what a milestone. Been almost five years since I started watching this anime weekly.
Aug 8, 2017 8:56 AM
May 2017
Kong Organ gun was badass...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 229 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jan 5, 2010

42 by kejora »»
57 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 390 Discussion

enkil - May 5, 2009

40 by gannoncannon55 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 389 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VK11 - Feb 15, 2009

60 by gannoncannon55 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 388 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Somebody - Feb 8, 2009

99 by gannoncannon55 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 387 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sennin_Darkissa - Feb 2, 2009

59 by gannoncannon55 »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.