Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 5, 2017 10:41 AM

Jun 2015
I love Clannad After story because it changed my life and was the very first anime to ever make me cry and made me cry that much. The characters felt like my friends and I felt like they were family to me.

In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Aug 5, 2017 12:42 PM
May 2013
Its surprising clannad AS doesnt have a higher rating. Many people brush it off because of the "ass pull" ending which is kinda bs since the whole illusinary world story line was being foreshadowed since the beginning of the story. I suggest you read the wiki page on what happend with the light orbs and why it happend. Its truly memorizing. Still stands to be my 2nd favourite series of all time. Its truly life changing.
Aug 5, 2017 12:57 PM

Oct 2013
Ishika_B said:
Its surprising clannad AS doesnt have a higher rating. Many people brush it off because of the "ass pull" ending which is kinda bs since the whole illusinary world story line was being foreshadowed since the beginning of the story. I suggest you read the wiki page on what happend with the light orbs and why it happend. Its truly memorizing. Still stands to be my 2nd favourite series of all time. Its truly life changing.
whenever someone says the ending is a ass pull this video is useful if they don't want to read
Aug 5, 2017 1:07 PM
May 2013
Deknijff said:
Ishika_B said:
whenever someone says the ending is a ass pull this video is useful if they don't want to read

Omg yeah i watched that too, cried for the 10th time
Aug 5, 2017 1:09 PM
Apr 2012
Clannad and Clannad After Story was the first two animes I ever watched seriously. They were the gateway into the anime world for me.
Aug 5, 2017 3:49 PM

Jun 2015

Ishika_B said:
Deknijff said:

Bots downgraded Clannad AS

It used to be 9.44+ when it was airing and it was 9.40 when it was complete it's just bots man
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Aug 9, 2017 1:41 PM
May 2013
AmMar-Sama said:
Ishika_B said:

I've watched the video and read many other posts defending the finale, but I still think it's terrible.

Thats because the fans say that all the character development that happend previously with everyone, esp Tomoya and Ushio become useless, which to an extent i do understand, and it wouldn't have been so bad if the show ended where Tomoya and Ushio reconsile in the field. But the series had been hinting at the entire thing since season one, kyoto animations isnt the type of studio that straight out explains things, its more about show dont tell, which clannad AS is able to pull of perfectly with its animation, sound and emotional dialogue. What Im trying to say is that its fine that you dont like the ending, we're all entitles to our own opinion, but im just defending the series's reasons behind the ending and why it made sense from the start :3
Aug 9, 2017 2:13 PM
May 2013
AmMar-Sama said:
Ishika_B said:

Thats because the fans say that all the character development that happend previously with everyone, esp Tomoya and Ushio become useless, which to an extent i do understand, and it wouldn't have been so bad if the show ended where Tomoya and Ushio reconsile in the field. But the series had been hinting at the entire thing since season one, kyoto animations isnt the type of studio that straight out explains things, its more about show dont tell, which clannad AS is able to pull of perfectly with its animation, sound and emotional dialogue. What Im trying to say is that its fine that you dont like the ending, we're all entitles to our own opinion, but im just defending the series's reasons behind the ending and why it made sense from the start :3

I do agree that it was foreshadowed. It's definitely not an asspull.
But eh, dropping hints doesn't excuse it from being horrendous.
If anything, the fact that every interesting & well-animated illusionary world scene was building up to such a sickening turn of events makes everything look like a gigantic waste of time.

Hhahahaha Im guessing you dont like Nagisa Very much.
jokes, i guess you're problem is with the actual ending, not the way it tried to foreshadow it. Yeah i can understand that. Idk I just got so attached to Nagisa the ending was satisfying af for me to see her come back. If you havent watched the Duo theory on youtube you should. It says that Tomoya mightve just travelled to a parallel universe, and theres still another universe where All three nagisa, Ushio and Tomoya are dead.
rip
Aug 9, 2017 2:52 PM

Jan 2016
Probably my favorite romance anime. I really enjoyed every second of it.

Been thinking about re-watching it, and I think that's definitely something I want to do at some point.

Aug 10, 2017 4:27 AM
May 2013
AmMar-Sama said:
Ishika_B said:

Hhahahaha Im guessing you dont like Nagisa Very much.
jokes, i guess you're problem is with the actual ending, not the way it tried to foreshadow it. Yeah i can understand that. Idk I just got so attached to Nagisa the ending was satisfying af for me to see her come back. If you havent watched the Duo theory on youtube you should. It says that Tomoya mightve just travelled to a parallel universe, and theres still another universe where All three nagisa, Ushio and Tomoya are dead.
rip

Right, you guessed it. I don't like Nagisa. That isn't the issue I was talking about, though.
This sort of thing just sucks in general. I would've despised the ending even if the character that was brought back was someone I'm attached to & enjoyed having around.
"Eeevverrryything is fixed now, because magic!"
Yeah, no. I will never accept this. I hate this finale so much to the point where I'm constantly tempted to lower my score for After Story to a 1/10.

The worst part is that it could've been avoided. Why not use the light orbs or whatever to get rid of Ushio's illness, for example?
LOL. Who am I even kidding? Of course they can't do that, since everyyyone has to be happy.

RepThe21st said:
IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU LEARN IN LIFE, KIDS. ALL SAD THINGS GO AWAY THROUGH HAPPINESS LIGHT MAGIC TIME TRAVEL

^ Pretty much this.

I dont think the series morals were that everything ends happy, its more about the significance of family and to not let sight of whats important.
Ps also this series is a lowkey fantasy if u check the genre so magic and miracles will be involved. Remember that cheesy saying on how its not about the end result but the journey. Even though i find it kinda corny its got some truth to it. The Tomoya in the end who gets his family back still obtains his past feelings and suffering of when both Nagisa and Ushio died. Idk i just think the series didnt wanna burden its audiance with a theme that says the world is dark and horrible and everything you love will die. I think its more about how even though you're going through something rough, it'll turn out somewhat alright in the end if you're doing the right thing.
Ishika_BAug 10, 2017 4:34 AM
Aug 10, 2017 4:37 AM

May 2015
AmMar-Sama said:
Ishika_B said:

I've watched the video and read many other posts defending the finale, but I still think it's terrible.

And you'd still be wrong.

Aug 15, 2017 2:23 PM

Jun 2014
There's always going to be a separation of who thinks the ending is bad v. those who think it's good. I think we shouldn't get caught up in how the ending ended and remember it for the message it conveyed. I have many friends I've showed this to whose lives have changed because of newfound appreciation. And that's all I'd ever need to be thankful to this series.

Aug 20, 2017 3:32 PM

Jun 2014
AmMar-Sama said:
Xari said:
I think we shouldn't get caught up in how the ending ended and remember it for the message it conveyed.

What if the message was conveyed horribly and overshadowed the good parts of the story, making them almost insignificant? That's impossible to appreciate if you ask me.

I would say that would be an opinion, so it is neither wrong nor right. In my opinion the message was conveyed perfectly clearly. If you see it in a bad manner there's no way I could convince you (especially so since this is an online forum).

Aug 20, 2017 5:37 PM

Jun 2015
Kittens-kun said:
AmMar-Sama said:

And you'd still be wrong.

So pretty wrong clannad has no flaws
Sep 1, 2017 2:31 PM

Aug 2015
Same for me. It was when I started taking anime seriously and anime became much more to me than just entertainment. I can't describe the emotions I felt when I watched it. I don't have the courage to watch it again and I'm afraid that I might spoil it.
Sep 2, 2017 2:15 AM

Jun 2015
AmMar-Sama said:
You guys should watch Higurashi. It's good.
The first and last episodes of Rei were kinda crap, but the middle arc makes it worth the time.
Rena's speech in the hospital scene towards the end of Saikoroshi-hen was pure gold. It perfectly encapsulates my feelings and sums up why the finale of Clannad is utter garbage.

Finale of clannad was so fucking good lmao..
You probably don't even understand it.
Sep 2, 2017 6:30 AM

Jun 2015
AmMar-Sama said:
Takamura-sama said:

Finale of clannad was so fucking good lmao..
You probably don't even understand it.

Ah, it's that asinine ''you didn't understand it'' argument. When will your kind go extinct? It's a total eyesore.
Meh. This attitude isn't worth my time.

P.S. ^ No. The finale of Clannad is trash.

Ok explain to me what happened ;)
Sep 2, 2017 6:40 AM

Jul 2015
Clannad AS is life itself
Sep 5, 2017 12:33 AM

May 2009
Clannad is I think appreciate due to the very relatable main character going into aldulthood with all the downsides it may have. In this case the worst possible thing happened resulting in a somewhat negative development within the character in the later half of the series, this anime teaches us the value of Family and how you'll need to be there for the ones close to you, because often times we believe we're the only ones suffering while it is usually a chain reaction within the affnity circle. It really made me contact people I loathed back the day to say atleast "Hey"

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 23, 2008

319 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 14, 10:59 PM

» Hopefully this isn't annoying

Ricdumb - Apr 10

0 by Ricdumb »»
Apr 10, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 16, 2008

260 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kiseki - Oct 2, 2008

347 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 7, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1168 by Chilicon_valley »»
Mar 10, 8:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.