Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2017 8:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Idk why but I find the talk between the cats to be rather amusing.

I'm fine with the lack of action this episode tbh. Everyone is recovering from their recent battles so it was inevitable. It's more like building up for more events towards the upcoming episodes.
Aug 5, 2017 8:59 AM

Mar 2013
Everyone is safe, It reminds me of Hanamaru my eyes.. these swords especially awataguchi.
Wow Hasebe is with Shokudaikiri😭😣
They are complete in honmaru and im crying still Kuri-chan is lonely no planned to speak. Didnt see Kashuu and manba in katsugeki style too handsome😥 Kogi is cute

to think that katsugeki will SURPRISED us and get back into slice of life again.

Didnt expect that I will saw a shine again in touken ranbu. this episode is blessed.

HIZAMARU, ANIJAA AND MITSUYO DESIGN
Aug 5, 2017 10:53 AM

Aug 2013
Tonbokiri is alive. That's all I wanted to learn.

They've dispatch the First Unit. Things should get more serious now.

Aug 5, 2017 11:08 AM

Jul 2009
YAY Kogitsunemaru had some spotlight (albeit minor and short). MIKAZUKI~~~~ YAY!

And thank goodness for Tonbokiri.

(Topless Kane-san <33333)
Aug 5, 2017 11:20 AM

Jun 2015
Tonbokiri is awake and alive. That's good. Kane-san is having some trouble. Got to meet the First Unit. They got dispatched for their mission. Looking forward to see how they do.
Aug 5, 2017 11:22 AM
Jul 2016
In the citadel there are a lot of kawaii kitsune and they all love tofu.

Glad that Tonbokiri is fine.
Aug 5, 2017 11:32 AM

May 2017
All I can say is "BLESS THIS EP, ALL TOUKEN DANSHI MAKE APPEARANCE" ;^; Tonbo are safe good, OMG yamanbagiri as captain can't wait next ep!!!!!
Aug 5, 2017 11:49 AM

Oct 2016
livexevil said:
All I can say is "BLESS THIS EP, ALL TOUKEN DANSHI MAKE APPEARANCE" ;^; Tonbo are safe good, OMG yamanbagiri as captain can't wait next ep!!!!!

That's not all the Touken Danshi. Actually its a very small handful.
Aug 5, 2017 11:51 AM

May 2017
MikazukiRanbu said:
livexevil said:

That's not all the Touken Danshi. Actually its a very small handful.
ik lol, I mean all my fav touken danshi are make an appearance xD(most of my fav are in this ep even tho just for a blink of eyes)
Aug 5, 2017 11:57 AM

Oct 2016
VERY good episode despite not being action based. MIKAZUKI WAS SO GOOD IN EVERY SCENE. And I love the " relationship " he has with Izuminokami. They have a nice dynamic. I KNEW TONBOKIRI WASNT DEAD. It was so obvious especially since he didn't fall apart lol just a play up on the viewers emotions for dramatic tension. Standard ufotable. I'm disappointed that they didn't heal him the game way with the uchiko(I think its called ) ball but instead did it in a generic fantasy magic anime way. Ufotable continues to take liberties but I guess its faster this way.

UNIT 1 TIME TO SHINE! I called Yamanbagiri being the leader before it was even announced. It was so obvious after saniwa said he was choosing someone else. Haha, its like stageplay all over again with Leader Yamanbagiri and Mikazuki following close by. I'm gonna assume Mikazuki and Yamanbagiri are going to be the main characters of the First unit arc and I'm 100% okay with this.

I love that it seems like Saniwa and Mikazuki have a good relationship... That's so nice. ALSO KOGI NOT BEING A VOICELESS CAMEO LIKE THE OTHER CAMEO TOUKEN DANSHI IN THIS ANIME WAS UNEXPECTED BUT NICE. HIS VOICE IS SO GOOD AND SO WAS HIS KATSUGEKI DESIGN. its ashame he very likely won't be an important character. But seeing him bond with Mikazuki was very nice. I hope they change the OP and ED to fit unit 1 now. ( most likely just going to change the ED but hopefully they do both. ) yeah all in all this episode was good and I cant wait to see unit 1 in action.
MikazukiRanbuAug 5, 2017 12:05 PM
Aug 5, 2017 12:07 PM

Jun 2017
This was a decent episode, definitely a transition into next week.

I'm glad that Tonbokiri is okay, and I'm interested to see the members of the first squad in action.
Aug 5, 2017 1:26 PM

Nov 2016
Nice that everyone is safe.

Calm episode with the introduction of the first unit, seems it could get better from here, well more like I hope so :D

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 5, 2017 1:57 PM

Jun 2010
Dem Kane-san 11/10
Aug 5, 2017 3:12 PM

Mar 2016
A break from the action this week which is fine as we get to see more characters and see into the mindset of Kane better. I'm just glad Tonbokiri pulled through! Also I can't wait to see what the first unit can do in action next episode!!!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Aug 5, 2017 3:51 PM

Apr 2010
When can i see second unit in action again...???
Aug 5, 2017 6:35 PM
Aug 2017
hiromatsu said:
Everyone is safe, It reminds me of Hanamaru my eyes.. these swords especially awataguchi.
Wow Hasebe is with Shokudaikiri😭😣
They are complete in honmaru and im crying still Kuri-chan is lonely no planned to speak. Didnt see Kashuu and manba in katsugeki style too handsome😥 Kogi is cute

to think that katsugeki will SURPRISED us and get back into slice of life again.

Didnt expect that I will saw a shine again in touken ranbu. this episode is blessed.

HIZAMARU, ANIJAA AND MITSUYO DESIGN
That transition to Slice of life youre talkin about would be nice, but expect a drop in ratings (Ufotable is known for it's action-pack animes, so that would be a defeat in their objective)
Aug 5, 2017 7:02 PM

Oct 2012
SO MUCH CHEST IN THIS EPISODE WOW THAT KANE-SAN BOD

Good to see some other Touken get even at least a bit of screen time too! UFOTABLE STYLE LOOKING SO GOOD. Excited to see Unit 1 in action!
Aug 5, 2017 7:24 PM

Nov 2009
Stark700 said:

They are foxes, aren't they?... with their looks and interest in fried tofu.
Aug 5, 2017 7:57 PM

Oct 2016
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

I'm fine with the lack of action this episode tbh. Everyone is recovering from their recent battles so it was inevitable. It's more like building up for more events towards the upcoming episodes.

They're actually pipe foxes, not cats jsyk :) you're not the first one to make that mistake though so no worries!
Aug 5, 2017 11:12 PM
Jun 2016
Manbaa,,, I want to cry, he's already here ( ;∀;) i waited for him for a long time (;_;
Aug 5, 2017 11:53 PM

Jul 2014
great episode, I'm sooo happy with it <3 they introduced the rest of the first unit with some really beautiful shots at the end. Manba was so pretty. I'm not really satisfied with all the Jiji shots though, the lighting makes him look really weird. Prettiest Jiji is still in-game Jiji I guess~

and I loved that so many other boys made cameo appearances, including many of my favs. I didn't expect Kogi to talk, that was great. no Okitagumi at all though, despite being super popular characters and some of the easiest to obtain in-game, so I wonder what that means.
Aug 6, 2017 12:18 AM

Feb 2014
Finally the First Unit shows up!!
Can someone identify the members? I only recognize Yamanbagiri, Honebami and Mikazuki.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Aug 6, 2017 2:41 AM

Apr 2016
dasprn said:
Can someone identify the members? I only recognize Yamanbagiri, Honebami and Mikazuki.

It's Yamanbagiri, Honebami, Mikazuki, Higekiri, Hizamaru & Oodenta ^^
ko-kkiAug 7, 2017 9:29 AM
Aug 6, 2017 3:17 AM

Jun 2016
My poor eyes. Izuminokami's naked. HIS ABS! MY EYES! MY HEART! Kyaaaa!

Those "cats" in circle talking are so cute, and arguing about food. Haha.

So happy that Tonbokiri's fine. Ugh. He scared the heck outta me. Glad he woke up, and he's smiling.

Holy shit. The guys in first unit are hot, too. This show is full of pretty boys I s2g. I want to know more about those guys in the First Unit.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Aug 6, 2017 9:18 AM

Feb 2014
ko-kki said:
dasprn said:

It's Yamanbarigiri, Honebami, Mikazuki, Higekiri, Hizamaru & Oodenta ^^

Thanks really appreciated
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Aug 6, 2017 10:22 AM
Jul 2018
This buildup episode was less annoying than episode 3. But I was expecting more thrilling... well only that last guy's cool acting face made me interest to watch out for next episode.
Aug 6, 2017 11:59 AM
May 2015
Mikazuki in this episode made me laugh because his personality is the best, and I can't wait to see the First Unit in action.

Especially with Yanmanbargiri leading.
Aug 6, 2017 5:30 PM

Apr 2007
I am soooo happy we are switching groups. I like Yagen and Mutsunokami, and honestly don't really know anyone in the first unit, but with Yamanbagiri in charge I will not be bored!
Aug 6, 2017 7:43 PM

Dec 2013
Meh. I really don't care for the characters much in this anime.
Aug 6, 2017 9:11 PM

Sep 2014
So I can swallow a few people dying/not dying and history not changing for the sake of the plot, but Edo burning to the ground not changing history???

One of the main points between the meeting between Katsu Kaishu and Saigo Takamori was to keep that from happening. Pretty sure that would change history. The logic in the crazy Vatican show makes more sense.
Aug 6, 2017 11:03 PM

Jan 2009
so thats what their hideout looks like, the first unit turn to battle next episode
Aug 7, 2017 2:08 AM
Aug 2017
G_Spark233 said:
Meh. I really don't care for the characters much in this anime.
They can rebuild Edo from ashes, don't they?
Aug 7, 2017 9:50 AM

Dec 2016
Nice episode :)

Let your worries go away, Kane-san. Horikawa Kunihiro will help you :3

... hey it's Higekiri and Hizamaru! It's good to see them in anime too ^^

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Aug 7, 2017 4:04 PM
Jan 2017
I feel like this show was made purely for the people who are into the game.....

Characters are coming out and everyone knows them so it's like we are just watching a snapshot of their life. I feel like I'm watching a sequel or movie to some other touken ranbu thing or everyone who is watching this he's a manual on how to watch it and I've been left out...the world seems complicated but not mysterious enough that it feels like we should know more about everything. Background info.

The animation and sound are great as always with Ufotable and the op and ed are stunning. I love for the action of this series.
Aug 7, 2017 6:28 PM

Oct 2008
Its so good to see the elegantly glorious First Unit! Mikazuki, Honebami and the assigned captain Yamanbagiri!
5/5.

Aug 8, 2017 12:30 PM

Nov 2013
YAY FOUND MIDARE nice to see all those together at the cafeteria (even if i don't remember some of them)

so both of them are ok, that's good to know,
izuminokami is still annoyed at his fails tho

time for munechika, he is so calm, it's impossible to not like him lol

winddevil1Aug 8, 2017 2:07 PM
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Aug 8, 2017 12:35 PM

Nov 2013
PaladinAlchemist said:
So I can swallow a few people dying/not dying and history not changing for the sake of the plot, but Edo burning to the ground not changing history???

One of the main points between the meeting between Katsu Kaishu and Saigo Takamori was to keep that from happening. Pretty sure that would change history. The logic in the crazy Vatican show makes more sense.

i still think he might have lied about the mission being a success, i mean, they didnt even beat the enemies at the end of the episode, so it's an high chance of mission being a fail lol
so looking at how mentally unstable they were, maybe a lie would make them feel better
winddevil1Aug 8, 2017 2:10 PM
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Aug 8, 2017 8:44 PM

Sep 2014
winddevil1 said:
PaladinAlchemist said:

i still think he might have lied about the mission being a success, i mean, they didnt even beat the enemies at the end of the episode, so it's an high chance of mission being a fail lol
so looking at how mentally unstable they were, maybe a lie would make them feel better

Hmm, true, but we may never know if they're changing missions/characters/time periods, unless this show is 24/25 and not 12/13 episodes long (no idea).
Aug 10, 2017 7:27 PM

Dec 2014
Tonbokiri is alive so that's what counts.
Aug 13, 2017 1:50 AM

Jul 2008
I can totally see Mikazuki being the bad guy here.
Aug 17, 2017 1:08 PM

Dec 2015
I'm guessing there are no female members?

Time for the First Unit to shine, looking forward to it!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 20, 2017 3:32 AM

May 2014
Naomiyaki said:
I feel like this show was made purely for the people who are into the game.....

Characters are coming out and everyone knows them so it's like we are just watching a snapshot of their life. I feel like I'm watching a sequel or movie to some other touken ranbu thing or everyone who is watching this he's a manual on how to watch it and I've been left out...the world seems complicated but not mysterious enough that it feels like we should know more about everything. Background info.

The animation and sound are great as always with Ufotable and the op and ed are stunning. I love for the action of this series.

Exactly.. I don't know who's who xD

Also was really sad we couldn't see beefy Tonbokiri shirtless.. But oh well.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2017

108 by L01MK »»
Mar 22, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2017

45 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Feb 10, 4:44 AM

Poll: » Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2017

88 by Ryuzaki775 »»
Jul 12, 2022 11:44 AM

Poll: » Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2017

246 by A-Simple-Squire »»
Mar 20, 2022 2:24 PM

» Can I watch this without watching Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru first?

Kirukato05 - Sep 9, 2021

2 by Kirukato05 »»
Sep 10, 2021 12:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.