Forum Settings
Forums

Would financial freedom make you happy forever?

New
Aug 3, 2017 5:14 PM

Dec 2014
I know someone who climbed out of poverty and is now very swell in terms of finance but doesn't look forward to living despite having a lot a good amount of freedom. Personally I'd be happy for a good while? Though I haven't experienced it yet so who knows.

Wot about you guys? Would financial freedom make you happy forever? Or would you yearn for even more afterwards ?
Is this where you live?

Aug 3, 2017 5:39 PM

Jul 2011
Having financial security, not even having lot but knowing that i am secure forever would be a huge weight off my shoulders. Unfortunetly people are generally stupid in the fact that we get what we want and then after awhile become bitchy and unhappy about it. Having the freedom to become unhappy about having to much money though, i'd love that *Laughs*
Aug 3, 2017 6:10 PM

Aug 2013
Financial freedom would be wonderful, but I don't expect it to bring me any happiness; "happiness" to me is a pretty complex state of being, and requires more than just being rich and getting to do whatever you want without worrying about monetary expenses. Money is helpful and makes life easier, but it's just that.
Aug 3, 2017 6:14 PM

Oct 2015
No, not by itself anyways. It would be sweet if i were finanicially secure forever, but i would also like to do things i enjoy. Having financial freedom is like removing your need to sleep, it provides less weight on your shoulders, but you are not actively doing something that makes you happy.
The peasant is bound by the king. The king is bound by the peasants and their kingdom. But the Viking is bound to nothing but themselves.

Aug 3, 2017 6:16 PM

Jun 2017
To put it simply, no. Financial freedom is certainly a dream of mine since I'm pretty lazy, but it's not the only thing I wish to accomplish in life.
Aug 3, 2017 6:18 PM

Jul 2011
I dunno though, i think work has a greater impact on our lives then most things. It takes up nearly all our time (Well for most of us) and it creates burden and stress. Money may not give you happiness but eliminating a source of stress and gaining almost 3/4 of your time back to do things that actually make you happy in life or make you feel fufilled, in a round about way i think it can make you happy.

I've been in situations where i could be considered poor and suffered in those situations, the sad importance of money kinda weighs on you the more you go through those kinds of things.
Aug 3, 2017 7:20 PM

Jul 2015
The old saying is that money can't buy happiness, which I think is true
But I wouldn't complain if I won the lottery that's for sure
Aug 3, 2017 7:36 PM

Feb 2012
No. Security isn't freedom. It's a prison at worst. I don't see how it would change my life. I can't think of a place to go or a thing to do "if I only had money". What makes me happy in my dreams would be waging war for my ideals, building a space colony or attending an all-girls-school in a yuri romcom with around a quarter of soap opera.
Aug 3, 2017 8:48 PM

Dec 2015
It would certainly help, especially in these times that are rough, but that's not enough for you to be feel happiness forever. Of course, at least for me.
Aug 3, 2017 9:06 PM

Jan 2009
yep as long as i get economic security then im content with life and will not ask for more
Aug 3, 2017 9:16 PM

Feb 2017
yes of course it would. no stress about paying bills, being able to provide for my family as well as being able to buy whatever i want. it would help a ton.
Aug 3, 2017 11:18 PM

Sep 2012
Prolly not happy in emotional terms but I think it'd serve as a long term, if not ever lasting state of comfortabililty.
Aug 3, 2017 11:30 PM

Jun 2016
Hell yes. I wouldn't have to answer to anyone and could do whatever I want.

I'd start off by working out all day and getting a body like a Greek statue, since I would have nothing better to do.
The football field isn't the only place where you could use a good line.
Aug 3, 2017 11:35 PM

Feb 2013
JackDuluoz said:
Hell yes. I wouldn't have to answer to anyone and could do whatever I want.

I'd start off by working out all day and getting a body like a Greek statue, since I would have nothing better to do.
nah you'd just spend triple the time you already spend on MAL
Aug 8, 2017 4:34 PM
Dec 2014
Yes, financial freedom is true happiness.

More topics from this board

» How do you know other people actually exist?

purple_rayn - 55 minutes ago

1 by Hikinekomori »»
14 minutes ago

» What Are Your Thoughts On The Owl House?

Enderobot - 21 minutes ago

0 by Enderobot »»
21 minutes ago

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity?

DesuMaiden - 9 hours ago

19 by MalchikRepaid »»
43 minutes ago

» Do you post your own original artwork onto social media?

DesuMaiden - Apr 10

23 by Lost_Viking »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Do you live with regrets?

Lightskynight - 7 hours ago

11 by Lost_Viking »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.