Forum Settings
Forums

Albedo should not be the only floor guardian listed as a main character.

Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 3, 2017 2:12 PM

Nov 2013
I finished reading the volume 11 and I don't understand why Albedo is listed as a main. I started reading the light novels after watching the anime and I thought that there would be at least 1 volume all about her to compensate for her lack of appearances in the three first volumes that were adapted into anime, but it never happened. Even Sebas had two volumes in which the story was mostly centered on him(volumes 5 and 6). Cocytus was the floor guardian with the most importance in volume 4. I'm always confusing Aura and Mare, so I'm not sure in which volumes each one had the most appearances, but I'm sure that Aura had more appearances that Albedo, and Mare had less. Demiurge... most of the serious discussions are made between Ains and Demiurge, so he has a lot of importance in the story. Shalltear is the floor guardian who appears the most, she is the strongest, her name is the most mentioned, and she is also the most relevant one in the story because of the whole Unglaus thing. The only volume in which Albedo had more relevance than the other floor guardians was in the first volume, and perhaps volume 10, and even then it was for a very little difference not worthy making her a main character. In the other volumes she has very few and short appearances, and she literally plays the role of a supporting character, since she's there just to support and is never given any big mission like Shalltear. It's true that Albedo is the guardian overseer, but that's just a name given to her, Demiurge does the job much better than her, and almost all the time he is the one relating things to Ainz. I can even say for sure that Unglaus has much more importance than Albedo in the story. So I don't understand why Albedo is the only floor guardian listed as a main character. It would be much more correct to have only Ainz as main or Ainz and all the floor guardians(except for Victim and Gargantua), since they are the ones with the most participation in the series as the main group, even in the Drama CDs, and are the ones who always appear together in the official artworks by So-Bin as the group of main characters:

And I don't mean to discuss about the quality of those characters. I understand that most people prefer Albedo over the others, since she has 1,275 favorites. I'm only referring to the relevance that she has in the story, and she definitely does not have more relevance than the others. Out of the floor guardians she is only above Mare, Cocytus, Victim, and Gargantua. And she is far below Shalltear and Demiurge.
ColtBuntlineOct 19, 2017 10:18 AM
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Aug 3, 2017 5:41 PM

Sep 2013
There are alot of series entries like that, the mods just don't keep track of main and support for every series.
I guess Enri can also be a main since she had a whole volume to herself and will get more screen time later.
Aug 3, 2017 7:34 PM

Jun 2012
Yeah sure, go ahead and submit their 'edited' character profiles to the Mods. But for changing those, you should intricately consider their respective roles in the anime. Since this site's database generally cater to anime, unless the Mods are willing to create a seperate profiles for different medium.

i.e. The human kingdom arc is literally not in the adaptation so until that happen, Sebas will not be accepted as main, according to Mal rules.
Oct 19, 2017 8:32 AM

Nov 2013
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:
Yeah sure, go ahead and submit their 'edited' character profiles to the Mods. But for changing those, you should intricately consider their respective roles in the anime. Since this site's database generally cater to anime, unless the Mods are willing to create a seperate profiles for different medium.

i.e. The human kingdom arc is literally not in the adaptation so until that happen, Sebas will not be accepted as main, according to Mal rules.

Right after finishing the 12th volume I finally decided to try to change Shalltear and Demiurge to main characters, while also asking for the change of Mare, Aura, Sebas, and Cocytus as well, and explaining why I thought so. But it's already the second day since I did it, and the mods didn't even give me an answer at all, so I guess it simply got rejected... too bad. >.>
Even if they didn't want to change Demiurge's status, they could have at least changed Shalltear, since she already got one of her arcs adapted in the first season(if we are to go by your theory that the database generally cater to anime).
And even if they didn't want to change anything at all, they could have at least have sent me a message with an explanation as to why not...
Perhaps at least Sebas will be accepted when the second season is out(supposing that the second season will adapt until volume 6)?
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord Volume 16 Discussion

ColtBuntline - Sep 18, 2022

8 by LukesYGO_WSonYT »»
Jan 13, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Overlord Chapter 39 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Sep 1, 2023

3 by Tkit »»
Sep 3, 2023 6:13 PM

» Is overlord LN a adaptation or a original work?

Kartik01528n - Jul 14, 2023

3 by BucketBall »»
Jul 15, 2023 4:51 AM

Poll: » Overlord Volume 4 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Apr 11, 2015

13 by SentrySalmanjr »»
Mar 7, 2023 1:25 PM

Poll: » Overlord Chapter 32 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Feb 4, 2023

0 by Phaetons_Folly »»
Feb 4, 2023 4:50 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.