Forum Settings
Forums
Perfect World
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2017 9:34 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Just curious since I haven't been creating chapter discussion threads for this manga. Who else has been following this manga after this chapter? It started so good but slowly went downhill. And if it couldn't get any worse, we get this chapter.

The problem is I know Kawana will definitely end up with Ayukawa by the end of the manga which will leave some bitter aftertaste, at least for me. If only she wasn't such a weak character. It feels like she is dating glasses-kun just because she needed someone to comfort her. Seeing her having sex with him left me disgusted since she still has feelings for Ayukawa. The fact that he is also well aware that Kawana still has feelings for Ayukawa makes things even worse. I cannot sympathize with him because of that. It's one thing to be a weak character in a romantic comedy and another in a drama-heavy serious plot like this one.

Ayukawa is better off without Kawana. Will my opinion change about these two later on? I really don't know. It amazes me that I once loved this manga. I don't feel like continue reading this manga. Seeing it sitting at 8+ in MAL makes me ponder a bit. So, I thought I would just share my two cents.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Aug 24, 2017 6:09 AM
Aug 2017
Disgusting female character, to do such a thing, behind a cripples back and all this crap, about how much she loves him, what a joke. She was not even around the glasses guy long to, what a slut.
GentleMeAug 24, 2017 6:12 AM
Aug 25, 2017 3:22 AM
Jan 2017
Wait, what, who? what the fuck is going on? After reading chapter 4 I thought I wanna give this a go because of how well written these characters are, female and male lead are so likable a d mature then after 22 she's a slut who fucked a guy OTHER than Ayukawa? The fuck's going on here. Chapter 4 had her so mature and understanding then 22 left her ljke any other generic shoujo female character? What chapter was it when she cheated? Damn it.
Aug 25, 2017 5:18 AM
Jan 2017
Yup, just read the raws, pretty much the Bella of this series. Wow. What a nose dive from the first four chapters her character has fallen off. A understandably weak male MC coupled with an even weak ass female lead WITH HER LEGS functioning, then yeah,you got a disastrous plot.

I can see the ending right now: Female MC gets married to the douchebag nerd guy who kbocked her weak ass and they got married, yet the female MC had lingering feelings she regret not fighting for Ayukawa only to find herself in her usual teary face kneeling on Ayukawa's gravestone.

Seriously, this manga needs a tragedy tag, we all know the MC will end up dying along with his work. If you guys read the manga falling in love too late or sth it's the same premise.
Nov 19, 2017 12:00 AM
Mar 2015
shanimebib said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
Just curious since I haven't been creating chapter discussion threads for this manga. Who else has been following this manga after this chapter? It started so good but slowly went downhill. And if it couldn't get any worse, we get this chapter.

The problem is I know Kawana will definitely end up with Ayukawa by the end of the manga which will leave some bitter aftertaste, at least for me. If only she wasn't such a weak character. It feels like she is dating glasses-kun just because she needed someone to comfort her. Seeing her having sex with him left me disgusted since she still has feelings for Ayukawa. The fact that he is also well aware that Kawana still has feelings for Ayukawa makes things even worse. I cannot anwith him because of that. It's one thing to be a weak character in a romantic comedy and another in a drama-heavy serious plot like this one.

Ayukawa is better off without Kawana. Will my opinion change about these two later on? I really don't know. It amazes me that I once loved this manga. I don't feel like continue reading this manga. Seeing it sitting at 8+ in MAL makes me ponder a bit. So, I thought I would just share my two cents.

All of this ignores the fact that he dumped her because he thought he was responsible for her injuries and separated her from her family. She had to quit her job to take care of her father who is dying of 4th stage stomach cancer. The boyfriend lives in Tokyo and only comes out occastionally It is true that she does not love him but sex has nothing to do with love It reminds me of the between the rebounds in Bokura Ga Ita and Ao Haru Ride When they are ready to get together these relationships will end
Dec 13, 2017 5:22 PM
Jan 2017
Bokura gavita and Ao Haru is high on my must read tag list, now I'm having second thoughts
Dec 20, 2017 7:29 AM
Jan 2016
Hope Ayukawa ends up with the nurse girl at least she isn't a weak willed slut.
Jan 1, 2018 9:18 AM
Jul 2015
crimson_fukr said:
Bokura gavita and Ao Haru is high on my must read tag list, now I'm having second thoughts
I actually liked bokura ga ita. It really tugs at your emotions and when a manga can do that I feel it's worth the read. Give it a shot!!!

But really. Where can I find more of this manga. I really dislike the MC girl for always being so useless but I still would like to continue....maybe it will get better ?
Jan 1, 2018 9:02 PM
Sep 2012
crimson_fukr said:
what the fuck is going on?

Same response, buddy. I only read until chapter 14 but did not realize, so I thought I actually read chapter 22 then read this discussion. Hated spoiler, but glad I got it early or I’ll feel betrayed even more.

I thought I was disappointed enough, it’s already going downhill and couldn’t possibly get any worse but this came out. Wow. Is this Usagi Drop all over again? Had so much potential but the author just had to.

I loved, LOVED the first volume (chapter 1-4), chapter 5 is also alright, and will pretend the rest of it doesn’t exist.
Jan 4, 2018 9:04 AM
Mar 2015
This manga has been translated to English through Chapter 36 on Otakumole. Most of the issues between the main characters have been resolved. The nurse just needs to be shown the door.and they can be together again
Jan 8, 2018 10:47 PM
Jan 2017
Not banking on this manga anymore. MC's gonna be dead anyways. Sorry guys I'm saving my Kokoro this time. Lol. But truth be told, the first volumes were so good.
Jan 12, 2018 12:58 AM

Oct 2016
shanimebib said:

The problem is I know Kawana will definitely end up with Ayukawa by the end of the manga which will leave some bitter aftertaste, at least for me. If only she wasn't such a weak character. It feels like she is dating glasses-kun just because she needed someone to comfort her. Seeing her having sex with him left me disgusted since she still has feelings for Ayukawa. The fact that he is also well aware that Kawana still has feelings for Ayukawa makes things even worse. I cannot sympathize with him because of that. It's one thing to be a weak character in a romantic comedy and another in a drama-heavy serious plot like this one.

Thanks for the spoilers! I've only read up to chapter 15.. and I've got my hopes up after reading this! //^×^//

I'm rooting for Kawana and Ayukawa till the end!
Feb 26, 2018 9:26 PM
Feb 2018
It’s so sad if the story turns to that wau. I really enjoy the plot so far, but to be honest, I sympathize with the female MC. She’s under lots of pressure from family, friends and stuffs. It’s not easy to keep a good love relationship with disability. However, it’s unacceptable if she sleeps with someone else when she’s still with male MC.
Anyway, it’s just a manga, so I hope it will have a happy ending for all.
Apr 12, 2018 5:17 AM
Nov 2016
Ok, so after lmao, I have to say that it seems a lot of people who read this thread is under the misunderstanding that Kawana, the heroine, cheated on the MC. It didn't happen like that. After MC broke up with her out of his own account (believing he couldn't be the boyfriend she needed and feeling responsible for her injuries, etc), she accepts to date Koreeda (the glasses guy) and it's not until way after that she has a sexual encounter with him. And not to mention that she did all of this believing that Ayukawa was dating his nurse, because that stupid jealous nurse told her they were going out even though it wasn't like that. So, really, If I were in Kawana's shoes, I'd honestly do the same and try to move on, convinced that Ayukawa's doing the same. That the plot has gone downhill, yes. It certainly has compared to how it started. I'm pretty sure however that they will end up together in the end because this is a Manga we are talking about. We wi have to wait for the movie to be released in order to see it though, since it doesn't seem like the rest of the chapters will be translated.
Nov 29, 2019 2:57 AM
Apr 2018
I'm pretty disappointed in a lot of the upper comments deciding to back talk about Kawana's character she's an earnest woman trying to figure out how to move forward. So what she had sex? She's an adult with her boyfriend, and it just happens once. These things happen in reality, so I'm glad to see this manga take on a different approach to relationships. Kawana's character grows stronger too, so it was easy to support her.

I've read this manga until the 44th chapter and it's theme of acceptance is consistent. It really doesn't need this much negative criticism as I'm sure its given many (including myself) a new perspective, if you happen to come by this manga please read it through.
Mar 22, 2020 12:00 PM

Sep 2016
Yeah, a lot of the commenters forgot that they broke up a while ago and she's been dating this new guy. She didn't cheat on him.

Life has no meaning,
but that doesn't mean
we shouldn't live it

More topics from this board

» chapter 3

CristalViih - Oct 4, 2023

0 by CristalViih »»
Oct 4, 2023 9:45 PM

Poll: » Perfect World Chapter 34 Discussion

Kitsu-nee - Apr 18, 2020

2 by Etherlyte »»
Aug 15, 2023 8:11 AM

Poll: » Perfect World Chapter 12 Discussion

jiajia - Oct 30, 2021

1 by staruke »»
Jul 11, 2023 8:49 AM

Poll: » Perfect World Chapter 19 Discussion

Hannah_Ana - Mar 29, 2018

4 by Mezzy93 »»
Feb 22, 2023 4:02 PM

Poll: » Perfect World Chapter 14 Discussion

Kitsu-nee - Dec 25, 2019

1 by rvdboom »»
Feb 13, 2023 11:39 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.