Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 2, 2017 4:23 AM
Sep 2016
I recently noticed that the Yellow Chapter was added. However I do not believe that Yellow should have it's seperate entry. If you're reading the series the Yellow chapter doesn't start with chapter 1 but chapter 41.

The Yellow Chapter along with the other chapters are, kind of like the arcs/sagas you see in other stories. Since the status for Pokémon Special is currently set to Publishing and none of the other chapters are listed under seperate entries, I don't think that it should stay up as a seperate entry. Even the Pocket Monsters Special XY and Pocket Monsters Special Sun & Moon are questionable since when the 11th chapter was being released, the author stopped working on it. When the games Pokémon X & Y came out they decided to start the twelth chapter before finishing the 11th. Earlier in 2017 the 11th chapter was continued and once it's done the XY, ORAS and SM chapters (12-14) will get a proper chapter titling (e.g. chapter 642). Thus it's arguable that they're seperate entries however it's still the same story, even several characters from the previous chapters appear in the ORAS chapter which was made the same way. I believe that all of the entries should be merged together as one. If not now, at least when the B2W2 chater wraps up and the others gets assigned proper chapter names/numbers.

Also whilst on the topic.. I believe that what's currently listed as "Alternate Versions" are not alternate versions but alternate settings.

Pocket Monsters Zensho for example, isn't an altnerate version of the Pocket Monster Special manga. It's not the same characters/story re-done or re-told. But a completely different verison of Red (like the 50.000 other Pokémon mangas) with another team and another story. An alternate version of this could be if they redid the first chapter with new artwork for a special, or made a novel/light-novel based on the story.

Anyways, I'd like to know what you guys think (especially about the first mentioned) :)!
Aug 9, 2017 6:58 AM
Jun 2014
in case you wanted to know their is now an offical timeline of the pokespe series (i can't read a lick of it but here you are)

http://pokespeblog.tumblr.com/post/163934116725/jojos-warpedreflection-timeline-from
Aug 9, 2017 10:31 AM

Nov 2008
mattrash said:
I recently noticed that the Yellow Chapter was added. However I do not believe that Yellow should have it's seperate entry. If you're reading the series the Yellow chapter doesn't start with chapter 1 but chapter 41.

The Yellow Chapter along with the other chapters are, kind of like the arcs/sagas you see in other stories. Since the status for Pokémon Special is currently set to Publishing and none of the other chapters are listed under seperate entries, I don't think that it should stay up as a seperate entry. Even the Pocket Monsters Special XY and Pocket Monsters Special Sun & Moon are questionable since when the 11th chapter was being released, the author stopped working on it. When the games Pokémon X & Y came out they decided to start the twelth chapter before finishing the 11th. Earlier in 2017 the 11th chapter was continued and once it's done the XY, ORAS and SM chapters (12-14) will get a proper chapter titling (e.g. chapter 642). Thus it's arguable that they're seperate entries however it's still the same story, even several characters from the previous chapters appear in the ORAS chapter which was made the same way. I believe that all of the entries should be merged together as one. If not now, at least when the B2W2 chater wraps up and the others gets assigned proper chapter names/numbers.

Actually, the Yellow Chapter has not been approved yet. You can see it as a related manga to Pokemon Special but since it isn't approved, you can't add it to your list.
The reason why it hasn't been denied yet is that there is an ongoing discussion about whether Pokemon Special should be split or not. Obviously, the Yellow Chapter shouldn't be added without the other chapters being separated as well.
If you want more information regarding this issue, please check this thread and make sure to not only read the first post. Surely, there is also a staff discussion going on the public can't see but said thread should suffice.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokémon Special Chapter 305 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Mar 31, 2015

4 by Nerdason »»
Dec 31, 2023 10:24 AM

Poll: » Pokémon Special Chapter 302 Discussion

Shouichirou - Apr 2, 2011

8 by Nerdason »»
Dec 28, 2023 3:41 AM

» Physical Manga Collectors, lend me your aid

KGlock18 - Dec 11, 2023

4 by soulsilver4ever »»
Dec 19, 2023 1:51 AM

Poll: » Pokémon Special Chapter 280 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Mar 21, 2015

2 by Nerdason »»
Dec 6, 2023 3:37 AM

Poll: » Pokémon Special Chapter 270 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Jul 6, 2014

3 by Nerdason »»
Nov 26, 2023 5:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.