Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 12 Discussion

Aug 2, 2017 2:49 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was such a chaotic duel even up to this point of the episode. Playmaker manages to push his skill to the limits while Revolver takes a nasty fall in the fight.

Great duel overall though, the most intense one yet in this series. I hope Playmaker learned something after this experience. Seeing Ignis ins his physical form felt strange lol

Aug 2, 2017 3:29 AM
Playmaker beat the records! Zero loss for 12 episodes!

Aug 2, 2017 4:35 AM

Best episode yet imo. The unpredictabilty of who was going to win created this really tense atmosphere, especially with so much at stake and honestly it was so back and forth that I was shocked when Revolver finally lost. I said before I wanted Revolver to win, but the manner in which Yusaku won sits well with me. Overall, great duel. It's not often the outcome of a rival duel is not obvious and this really helped this duel.

I can't wait to find out what happened 10 years ago, both regarding Yusaku and the event as a whole. They've built it up so much I hope the eventual reveal does not disappoint. I wonder how Yusaku is unknowingly helping SOL and what SOL's true motives are? So many questions and it has me hooked.

It was also great to have Aoi back, hopefully we will get more focus on her soon. Her introductory episodes were great.
Modified by fullmetal-ghoul, Aug 2, 2017 6:09 AM

Aug 2, 2017 5:22 AM
Wow this duel ended quicker than I thought, at least I thought it would be dragged out until the end of the episode, that is how Yu Gi Oh! did things in the past, but Vrains continues its reputation as a new kind of Yu Gi Oh! series and I love it.

Finally I am really starting to connect with the characters. Yusaku won, I wasn't sure he was going to win, I knew he wouldn't lose, and not win this early in the episode.

Well in defeat Revolver had some honor and gave Yusaku the medicine he needed. Have to wonder why Revolver never used that on his dad, he seems to be in s similar situation.

Aoi is okay, though Akira might soon be out of the job.

And Ignis true form, he is going to be a barrel of laughs.

Next episode, cool down episode perhaps, I guess we need it. Shoichi x Emma? I think they are the same age, and I might be for it, especially if Emma is Yusaku's sister.

Aug 2, 2017 5:42 AM

Yuusaku literally sent Revolver flying. Great duel.

Ignis true form... he's so tiny.

Aug 2, 2017 5:52 AM

Great episode and good way to finish the duel. Looks like the Chess pieces are making their move and so are the Knights of Hanoi. Shits about to get real

Aug 2, 2017 6:33 AM

Next episode seems to be recap and preparation to enter new arc. I'm currious as to what would happen next. I hope to see more of Aoi next.

Aug 2, 2017 6:57 AM
It's good how thy have managed to make the duel quite intense but leave the episode in a more humorous tone! AI true form is very odd hahaha

Aug 2, 2017 6:58 AM
great end to a long dual and ignis true form so tiny

Aug 2, 2017 7:42 AM

sore wa dou kana?
NANI!!!!
but you still take damage!!!!
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)

Aug 2, 2017 7:50 AM

Graveyard Trap card is pretty OP. You don't even expect it, out of your eye, out of your mind.
She can arrest me anytime.

Aug 2, 2017 7:59 AM

Did AI just realize to real world with own body? why they only react like oh just that? are program realize itself to real world are normal thing on VRAINS?

I am more convinced now Yuusaku are AI created long time ago or somewhere around there
Into the Internet!

Aug 2, 2017 8:30 AM

That was a pretty great episode all around, the end of the duel was pretty fun, they actually moved the plot considerably especially now that its established sol technologies as the antagonists, and ai's body was a legit really well done joke with the fake out muscles in contrast to his puny size. Glad the next episode is looking like there wont be a duel episode, kind of fatigued after 5 straight episodes of revolver. I'm sure the filler will arrive soon but I am genuinely surprised at how plot centric the show has been so far.

I do hope yusaku's identity is revealed soonish to the other characters, yusaku teaming up with aoi's brother against sol would be pretty cool.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 2, 2017 9:17 AM

Aoi is safe, that's a good thing.
Lol, they weren't too surprised when they saw AI's body.

Aug 2, 2017 9:56 AM
Loved the ending of the Duel, and the mystery just keeps growing.

Also, lol at Ignis' body.

Aug 2, 2017 10:30 AM

"Ore no Turn! Draw!!"
"Sore wa dou kana?"

I love how Yuusaku can talk like Yugi from time to time. xD

The duel was good, Yuusaku pulling out an insane turn with so many chains from the graveyard cards. He 1-shot revolver in terms of LP.

Really interested in Yuusaku's backstory and it's relation with Hanoi and SOL.

As always, Ignis ftw!

Aug 2, 2017 10:44 AM

I feel it was too early for Revolver to lose. He wasn't even Kaito level, I'm disappointed. Other than that, I'm almost entirely sure now that Revolver is the friend Yusaku is looking for, and he even seemed to recognize Yusaku from his 3 things statements, which Revolver also have used before. And Yoshida loves making his rivals have a deep connection with each other.

Aug 2, 2017 10:49 AM

RayofVictory said:
I feel it was too early for Revolver to lose. He wasn't even Kaito level, I'm disappointed. Other than that, I'm almost entirely sure now that Revolver is the friend Yusaku is looking for, and he even seemed to recognize Yusaku from his 3 things statements, which Revolver also have used before. And Yoshida loves making his rivals have a deep connection with each other.
well playmaker also isn't yuma level
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)

Aug 2, 2017 11:19 AM

I really like Yusaku. He doesn't talk about friendship whole days like the previous series. His duel skill and personality are perfect.
And his new ace monster's also beautiful too:

Aug 2, 2017 11:35 AM

ryanstrike said:
I really like Yusaku. He doesn't talk about friendship whole days like the previous series.

Don't worry, the friendship speeches will come sooner or later. Friendship is a core key theme of the franchise, and a staple in virtually all of NAS' shows. Its only a matter of time.

ryanstrike said:
His duel skill and personality are perfect.

And that's the main problem with him. If he's perfect from the very beginning, then what is even the point of the entire journey? Yusaku seriously needs his ass owned to him soon, because he's too much of a self-insert in his own show at the moment. Although if even Revolver couldn't beat him, I'm not sure anybody can.

Aug 2, 2017 11:43 AM
ZBlastHistory said:
Did AI just realize to real world with own body? why they only react like oh just that? are program realize itself to real world are normal thing on VRAINS?

I am more convinced now Yuusaku are AI created long time ago or somewhere around there
no but as you see he is very tiny so i dont think they want to pay attention

Aug 2, 2017 2:35 PM

amazing ost ( STOP SAYING THAT THE OST IS BLAND CUZ ITS AMAZING !!!)

amazing duel

amazing mc

thank you for giving my favorite card game anime some integrity instead of the typical FRIENDSHIP EGAO

Aug 2, 2017 6:09 PM

Poor Ignis at the end. Makes a shocking appearance with his own tiny body to only get ignored as it was basically useless to them. Ignis needs some reactions folks.

Aug 2, 2017 7:25 PM

That was quite the duel, great finish there by Playmaker to win.

I had a feeling he and Revolver were connected somehow.

We will obviously learn about what happened 10 years ago eventually, I am very curious to learn what dark secrets SOL Technologies are hiding, they were quick in wanting to dispose of Zaizen.

Looks like a lot of fun will occur with Ignis around in his true form, very small though lol.

Looking forward to watching the next episode.

Aug 2, 2017 9:32 PM

RayofVictory said:
ryanstrike said:
I really like Yusaku. He doesn't talk about friendship whole days like the previous series.

Don't worry, the friendship speeches will come sooner or later. Friendship is a core key theme of the franchise, and a staple in virtually all of NAS' shows. Its only a matter of time.

ryanstrike said:

And that's the main problem with him. If he's perfect from the very beginning, then what is even the point of the entire journey? Yusaku seriously needs his ass owned to him soon, because he's too much of a self-insert in his own show at the moment. Although if even Revolver couldn't beat him, I'm not sure anybody can.
I dont think you know what a self insert is cause the show makes yusaku the butt of the joke with his awkwardness. Unless you call winning 4 duels of a card game, 1 of which after getting consistently wrecked for 4 weeks straight (technically losing the speed duel)something that defines a gary stu.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 3, 2017 12:07 AM

I'm impressed! MC and rival's first duel with a real conclusion without interruption, and MC wins, plus he even OTK his rival to boot. Is this real life?

Really good episode. Only complain I got? Firewall Dragon's signature attack's name could be better, I mean... Tempest attack? Could at least make it Tempest Stream or Cyberse Tempest or something..

Either way, I really like where this is going. As much as I wanted they keep Yusaku as a lone wolf with one secret sidekick, I still want to see more of his interaction with other characters. His brief interaction with Aoi was pretty interesting..

Aug 3, 2017 1:04 AM

Kay_Lite said:
I'm impressed! MC and rival's first duel with a real conclusion without interruption, and MC wins, plus he even OTK his rival to boot. Is this real life?

Technically, this was their second duel, as the first one ended in a draw, so it still keeped the tradition of the first duel with rival ending with no definite winner.

Aug 3, 2017 1:57 AM

RayofVictory said:
I feel it was too early for Revolver to lose. He wasn't even Kaito level, I'm disappointed.

Honestly, I don't mind the result because Revolver clearly isn't meant to be seen as a villain, but as a part of the main cast with a lot of room to grow. I do hope Yusaku loses soon so we don't get a Yusei repeat though.

RayofVictory said:
ryanstrike said:

ryanstrike said:

Arc-V had very little themes of friendship, and when it did it was either integrated in a subtle way or subverted e.g.

Also, Yusaku's dueling skills may be top notch, but he has many flaws in regards to his personality. Just look at the way he walks out on Emma and Akira. When it comes to interacting with others, he just doesn't care. It gives him room to grow and develop, in contrast to Yusei who was perfect in every way from the start in every way (my main issue with 5Ds). But I do agree that Yusaku needs to lose soon so we don't get another Yusei in terms of dueling abilities, but I actually wouldn't mind if there was less of a focus on getting stronger/better in this series.

Edit: Also, in regards to Yusaku being a self insert, he's one dimentional but I think thats the intention from the writers. Whatever happened 10 years ago screwed him up somehow, and he even called himself an evoy of revenge. His main development will probably be him opening up as the show progresses and for him to become more layered as a person. I'm already invested in him because he's a breath of fresh air for a YGO protag, and I'm super interested in what happened to him 10 years ago.
Modified by fullmetal-ghoul, Aug 3, 2017 2:11 AM

Aug 3, 2017 6:39 PM

Boy, what a duel... I like where this plot is going.

Aug 4, 2017 10:37 AM

After 12 episodes I can easily tell now that VRAINS will be definitely better than ARC-V and ZEXAL together. This duel was really intense, Yuusaku mostly used cards from his graveyard which are btw really OP. He still won in a believable way but now I´m curious what exactly happened 10 years. Also AI being "alive" and overall the general theme of this anime share alot from the .HACK-series.
The second half was really funny, AI getting out of the disk and just as tall as the a little doll with no reaction from the two.

Let´s hope we get some new characters soon, the only thing they could improve is the cast which at the moment is a little lackluster.

Aug 5, 2017 2:24 AM

I A C T I V A T E A T R A P F R O M M Y G R A V E Y A R D

Ignis isn't evil guys, nope, not at all.
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki

Aug 7, 2017 5:35 PM

Wow Ignis looked pretty dam villainous when trying to eat up Revolver. Following patterns of past Yugioh's, I hope it some how influences Yusaku and gives him some bad ass evil form like Yuuya or Judai got.

Aug 7, 2017 9:25 PM

Paul said:
Wow Ignis looked pretty dam villainous when trying to eat up Revolver. Following patterns of past Yugioh's, I hope it some how influences Yusaku and gives him some bad ass evil form like Yuuya or Judai got.
I kind of dont really want him to have an evil form, I'd rather just see him be put in scenario that makes him lose his shit and get really angry/distressed especially cause hes been pretty composed the whole show so far.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Aug 9, 2017 10:00 AM
Worst One

Well that ended up being a decent duel, going to go completely off topic for a moment to say that the OP to this show is absolutely horrendous and I thought Fate/Apocrypha's was pretty bad which grew on me a little but but my God the sooner they change this one the better.

Dec 16, 2017 9:39 PM

Awesome duel and dam Ai got his body back

Feb 6, 3:23 PM

Another awesome duel! Revolver is turning out to be a great character. If things keep up he might end up being my favorite. So far he's turning out to be more of a rival than anyone else.

Can't wait to find out more of Yusaku's past too.

Nov 17, 4:00 PM
First master duel ends with a really lackluster finish when PlayFAKER decides to use leftover traps in his graveyeard :/