Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 2, 2017 2:17 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well this episode had a lot of Boruto and Naruto moments together.

For what's worth, it felt like it's build around them with their relationship growing. I bet Naruto felt nostologic after reminising the times when he came to eat ramen when he used to be a kid.
Aug 2, 2017 2:24 AM

Jul 2010
man look at ichiraku ramen now haha
Aug 2, 2017 2:54 AM

Mar 2016
It was kind of a down episode...but the nostalgia is real! Man Ichiraku Ramen has changed and Naruto thinking back on all his memories there was worth the episode being kinda boring overall.

I'm excited to see Sarada get another episode to develop next time!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Aug 2, 2017 2:55 AM
Jun 2015
I am wondering when this will actually stop being just an exceedingly long filler.
Aug 2, 2017 3:08 AM
Mar 2014
Are they finally adapting Naruto Gaiden next week?
Aug 2, 2017 3:20 AM
⚧ | 愛と平和

Oct 2010
I've been upset about all the filler considering we haven't even hit 20 episodes yet, and when this episode started off with scenes lifted directly out of the movie, it really pissed me off. But the second half made up for it...mostly. Was nice to see some NaruBoru bonding. I really hope that we get back into the story next week, but I'm kinda afraid they'll keep padding it out until the new season starts. If they do that, I just may drop it. 😒
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
“The right to think is the beginning of freedom, and speech must be protected
from the government because speech is the beginning of thought.”
  — Ashcroft v.Free Speech Coalition,
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
Aug 2, 2017 3:23 AM

Dec 2014
Actually one of the best episodes of the series if you ask me.

Holy Shit! I did not recognize Kiba at all.

Himawari OP! That face when she was looking for Boruto, epic! <3
I liked the fact they put Himawari's Bakugan awakening into this episode.

Loved the parts with Naruto and Boruto at Ichiraku Ramen, that place Naruto remembering the old times was nostalgic and I really loved how they at least gave us a still from Naruto and Hinata's first date.
Boruto still too Tsundere for his Dad. xD

I laughed so hard when I saw that Hinata was the Ramen Queen, 46 bowls. Boruto's image of his Mom probably shattered right then and there. XD

Looking forward to Gaiden next week.
Aug 2, 2017 4:33 AM

Dec 2013
This was actually a really nice episode despite how half of the episode was just repeating the OVA.

Seeing Naruto and Boruto was great. Boruto is definitely a tsundere.

Hinata is the queen of gluttony LOL
Aug 2, 2017 4:45 AM

Jun 2014
Oh Naruto, couldn't even make it to your own inauguration.
BrandonAug 4, 2017 5:54 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 2, 2017 4:50 AM

Aug 2015
good episode, im quite enjoying this series.

but i want to see more of Sarada. in the ending they make it seem like she isnt Sakura's daughter. Sakura doesnt even grab her hand back. and she doesnt face her later on in the ending. Does she hate Sarada for not being Sasuke/Sakura's daughter, but because she's Karin's? Is she actually Karin's daughter? needs explaining
Aug 2, 2017 5:06 AM

Feb 2013
These guys are really trying to make me hate Naruto and Boruto.
Naruto came home drunk like a lame father with the excuse of his work and Boruto broke Himawari's toy.
Aug 2, 2017 5:09 AM

Jul 2017
I think Boruto's better like this though - just normal, day to day activities with the occasional minor problem. I mean come on we just came out of the Ninja War which is kind of like the war to end all wars no? I think Boruto should just be peaceful like it is rn...
Aug 2, 2017 5:11 AM

Jan 2016
Alright this was the best episode so far, 50/50 filler but I was awesome. Naruto and Boruto moments, Hinata being Hinata and seeing other sides of her was hilarious. Man Naruto is so damn lucky that he got Hinata, I still can't belive people wanted him and Sakura to hook up
Aug 2, 2017 5:16 AM
Mar 2015
Ulquiorra said:
Naruto came home drunk like a lame father with the excuse of his work and Boruto broke Himawari's toy.

for what I saw it.. he came home drunk wasn't because of his work.. but because his friends were celebrating his inauguration for becoming the next hokage.
Aug 2, 2017 5:27 AM

Oct 2015
I expected them to make that special chapter into an entire episode. I'm glad they didn't stretch it out, but instead they showed us some really lovely slice of life. It was one of the better slice of life episodes.
It seems like next week we're seeing the chapters from 701-710. I wonder if they're going to be stretched out, or it'll be like 5 episodes, or even fewer.
Aug 2, 2017 5:56 AM

Jul 2017
Seeing naruto x boruto relationship was nice to see even though they still give some flashback that we did seen before but still meh. LOL at Hinata...no wonder that she was the top ranked and called her Ramen Queen cuz she did won earlier in NS omake battle of the ramen XD

So lets go through the Gaiden next week

Aug 2, 2017 7:32 AM

Jul 2017
I really enjoyed being able to see Naruto and Boruto have a little bit of alone time, but was hoping for a little more bonding haha

We've already seen how himawari got upset and all that so was a little bothered that they just showed that again instead of just focusing on the current events. hope that they learned from Naurto and would stop with the constant flashbacks of the same thing

Still it was a nice little episode

Aug 2, 2017 7:36 AM

Apr 2012
another salada ep next then, nice

>nostologic
Aug 2, 2017 7:45 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Even though we already saw the inauguration of Naruto, I enjoyed it equally as much as I did the first time

It flowed much better since they linked it to current events and extended some aspects of it and it really highlights how great and heartwarming the Uzumaki family dynamic can be

But most of all, I'll never get tired of seeing Boruto Onii-chan doing his thing for his little sister :''D And I died throughout the entire Ichiraku Ramen scene (Damn that place expanded A LOT lol)
Aug 2, 2017 8:04 AM

Jun 2015
Some parts of the movie was in this episode. Himawari awakened her Bakugan and Naruto couldn't attend his inauguration. Ichiraku Ramen looks so different now. Naruto and Boruto had a nice time there. I figured Hinata is the Ramen Queen. That's amusing.
Aug 2, 2017 8:05 AM
Feb 2017
I laughed so hard when Naruto put out his ramen voucher. I still didn't believe it that the ramen voucher which was from more than ten years ago still available and valid for free ramens. Moreover, the one who wants free ramens is hokage himself. I mean seriously, a hokage only wants free ramens for him and his family? LOL... XD
Aug 2, 2017 8:14 AM

Apr 2014
was a cute fun ep i enjoyed it but am looking forward to next ep as it begins the new arc gonna be nice seeing this animated
"one step at a time"
Aug 2, 2017 8:28 AM
May 2012
second half was really nice.
i really prefer fillers like this.
Aug 2, 2017 8:47 AM

Oct 2015
For EVERYONE who still think that some or even all of Boruto's episodes up until now are as filler, probably you're wrong.

Come, check this link :
http://www.animefillerlist.com/shows/boruto-naruto-next-generations
Aug 2, 2017 9:44 AM

May 2015
Naruto household episode... wives in anime have a track record of putting strong MC/Husband in their place... Lol! Nice father & son bonding moment... and I also got a lot of insight on Naruto after becoming hokage... in terms of slice of life this and the one they visited grandpa & aunty are my favorites episode so far but I want a Himawari centric episode…
Aug 2, 2017 9:46 AM

Jan 2017
Kurama got screen time. yaaay!
so much nostalgia
Aug 2, 2017 10:25 AM

Mar 2016
I see a lot of people saying this just Filler?

If that's true imma be so mad. Like this stupid Nomu (that's my hero academia tho) crap isn't even necessary ugh... just gimme Boruto crossing his headband out and fighting whoever evil dude.

And omg I finally got to see daddy Kiba even if it was of for a little while
UrbanJahtsAug 2, 2017 9:32 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2017 11:17 AM

Sep 2013
Naruto inauguration flashback which he missed cause himawari got the byakugan and rekt him XD
Boruto and naruto eating some ramen.
Aug 2, 2017 11:42 AM
Jun 2015
where is ichiraku i didn't see hem ??
Aug 2, 2017 11:51 AM

Jul 2017
pgmhecateii said:
I still won´t like Boruto and the others (his classmates) no matter what. Himawari is okay, though.

Lmao isn't that what the series is focusing on though? You might not like the show if you hate the whole main cast dude.
nico nico knee me in the ass
Aug 2, 2017 11:53 AM

Jul 2017
captb1417 said:
For EVERYONE who still think that some or even all of Boruto's episodes up until now are as filler, probably you're wrong.

Come, check this link :
http://www.animefillerlist.com/shows/boruto-naruto-next-generations

Even if it's canon it's still filler because it's not progressing the story in anyway. most filler is canon anways but that doesn't stop is from being filler like flashbacks and all that.
nico nico knee me in the ass
Aug 2, 2017 2:51 PM
Feb 2016
The legendary queen of gluttony... Hinata xd
Aug 2, 2017 2:55 PM

Feb 2012
Hehe that old lady did the Hokage coat for every single Hokage, like Naruto said just how old would that put her to be, I don't remember there being a official Naruto timeline since the founding of Konoha until now.

Very nice to finally see something being adopted into the new anime, they did a good job with this special one shot chapter.

Also I got the feels when they entered Ichiraku Ramen and it was only the daughter there with no old man anymore, probably passed away. I cry man.

Looking forward to Sarada's arc from next week.
Aug 2, 2017 5:46 PM

May 2012
This will be the last ep I watch of Boruto due to fillers and slow eps already. I might check in every now and then to see what's been going on though...
Aug 2, 2017 6:13 PM

May 2016
i was genuinely expecting the old man to greet naruto and boruto whilst his daughter smiling next to him holding a plate doing dishes.
for a brief moment i felt a little empty inside..

also i wonder if the new guy behind the bar is ayame's husband? anyone can confirm?
Aug 2, 2017 7:15 PM
May 2017
I didn't really grow up watching episodes of Naruto but I can't describe the feeling of watching Naruto, (a kid I watched grow up) come to his family completely wasted. It was one of those moments of sudden realization that you always knew but never really took the time to sort out your emotions on the matter. Too be cear I'm not against Naruto and his friends drinking, (though smoking can't be good for any Ninja's career XD) I'm just more surprised by it then I should be.

I liked that the relationships in the Uzumaki family were given screen time.

Glad to see an episode coming up that will at least mention Sarada's daddy issues. The completely unqualified Psychiatrist in me can't wait.
Aug 2, 2017 11:11 PM

Sep 2015
Not a bad flashback episode.
Aug 2, 2017 11:17 PM

Sep 2011
I like how this episode made Hinata a likable character and actually gave her more character than 700 chapters worth of the original manga.
Aug 2, 2017 11:21 PM

Mar 2014
The flashback to the day naruto became hokage didn't bother me as much as i thought it would. Nice interactions between Naruto and everyone else. The episode was done through Boruto's eyes but Naruto was the main character of this ep and I loved it. Also looks like the Gaiden starts next episode.
Aug 2, 2017 11:26 PM

Mar 2014
Ramkec said:
Hehe that old lady did the Hokage coat for every single Hokage, like Naruto said just how old would that put her to be, I don't remember there being a official Naruto timeline since the founding of Konoha until now.

Very nice to finally see something being adopted into the new anime, they did a good job with this special one shot chapter.

Also I got the feels when they entered Ichiraku Ramen and it was only the daughter there with no old man anymore, probably passed away. I cry man.

Looking forward to Sarada's arc from next week.

If I remember correctly the closest thing we ever got to figuring out how old Konoha is was Yamato using a 60 year old (probably 75-80 by now) technique invented by the 1st hokage to seal 9 tails chakra.
Aug 3, 2017 5:22 AM

May 2014
Loved the episode and the references to the novels, the setting up for the summit (which happens in the movie).

They really care about the timeline, and they've been connecting things and even foreshadowing them really nicely. I like the writer who's handling this.

Aug 3, 2017 10:46 AM

Apr 2011
Dude this episode was no only nostalgic for naruto, but for we who have been watching this series since the early 2000s. Didn't expect the ramen stand to become a restaurant LOL
Aug 3, 2017 11:58 AM
May 2017
#hinatatheramenqueen 46bowls
Aug 3, 2017 4:00 PM

Oct 2011
Did anyone go back to watch naruto shippuden ending 34 after watching this episode?
Aug 4, 2017 7:33 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm so Himawari came down with the cold then. Damm its sad to see the energetic Himawari be bedridden though. Hmm so this is a flashback to Naruto inauguration eh. Wow Naruto sure got pretty drunk lol. Watching the old guard act like this sure is funny. Himawari sure is cute though. Its nice that we get to see a normal day at the Uzumaki household though. Plus taking the time to show the inauguration was a nice touch. Hmm that artisan sure is dedicated to her duties i guess. Hmm Himawari managed to inherit the stubborn nature of both her parents then. The poor plushie though but to think that her go into a fury though lol. Never break any of her toys i guess. Hmm so this is when her eye abilities manifested eh. To think that Konohamaru had to step in as a copy to take Naruto's place though. Though it seems every one of Naruto's friends saw through the ruse lol. Himawari's eye abilities and her power up really is something though. She's pretty scary when she's mad and actively looking for her target though.

The contrast between the pride that Boruto felt for Naruto that day and now though was interesting to see. But no matter Naruto is he will still rush back if his precious daughter is in danger though thats for sure. This episode really gave more screen time for Himawari and also put the focus on the bond between Naruto and Boruto as well. Its a rare sight to see Hinata get angry though and she's scary when she is lol. Hmm so the ramen cart progressed on to become a shop eh nice. Hmm so now Naruto wedding gift from them comes in handy lol. Wow that poster. Still it's nice to see the attempt to bond between Naruto and Boruto though. Hmm Choji and his daughter have an interesting way to bond. The ramen cart certainly had plenty of fond memories for Naruto and his friends though. Wow so the queen if bowls is actually Hinata eh. Shame that Naruto couldn't attend his own inauguration though but Himawari did awaken her powers so i guess it was still a good thing. I really enjoyed this episode because of its focus on Naruto and the family really.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 4, 2017 12:33 PM
Dec 2015
ariel_nugie said:
Ulquiorra said:

for what I saw it.. he came home drunk wasn't because of his work.. but because his friends were celebrating his inauguration for becoming the next hokage.

I agree. Siblings always fight like that.
Aug 4, 2017 3:02 PM

Aug 2015
That was a cute episode. I really liked it. Though I'm still wondering when we're getting some villains and action. It's been almost 20 episodes now, come on man, don't drag it out just to reach a billion episodes...
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Aug 5, 2017 4:42 PM

May 2010
Certainly didn't expect to see Naruto drunk xD Half of this week's ep has been already shown in OVA, but it was still totally fun :3 I would appreciate more family moments like this one in the future!

Boruto/Naruto relationship is waaay too awkward though... This is just sad, especially since we know how happy Boruto was when he saw his father coming home early for Himawari's sake :< I hope they'll connect more in the close future!

Hinata being top 1 eater wasn't even that surprising, I mean we've already seen her potential :D
Aug 5, 2017 9:04 PM

Oct 2008
damn! Hinata is the legendary queen of ramen eating contest and no one has beaten her record 46 big bowls of Ichiraku ramen!
Ichiraku's place became bigtime!
Damn! angry Himawari is very frightening! but we never see what Himawari actually did to Boruto...
5/5.

Aug 5, 2017 11:55 PM

Jun 2012
The fact that people like this episode disgusts me.. It had a few extra scenes but other than that we've already seen this LOL.

The creators are REALLY trying SUPER hard to make this series worse than it already is.

Literally in 18 episodes.. LITERALLY NOTHING has happened besides Boruto fighting Hinata's sister.

LOL.

It's to the point where I just fast forward the entire episode to see if there's anything going on.

It almost seems like they took what was bad from Naruto and are adapting it into this series. Nothing but talking, filler, and more filler.. And more flashback filler. If nothing happens in the next episode.. LOL.

I've never seen an Anime that starts the series off with filler... With the prequel of the anime being infamous for disgusting amounts of filler... I really hope what started off was filler after episode 2. Shits been boring as fuck and just dull..
SasoraAug 5, 2017 11:59 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 168 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2020

28 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 23, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 173 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2020

26 by bottleblonde »»
Apr 18, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 156 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2020

42 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 17, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 112 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

33 by YouTsuki_nbm »»
Apr 9, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 65 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

42 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 1:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.