Forum Settings
Forums

Kyoto Animation Creates Original Anime 'Baja no Studio' for Fan Event

New
Jul 29, 2017 6:55 PM

Jul 2009
An official website has opened for an original anime titled Baja no Studio by studio Kyoto Animation, which will be released as a Blu-ray for advance ticket buyers of KyoAni & Do Fan Days 2017. The third edition of the fan thanksgiving event will be held on October 28 and 29 in Kyoto.

The palm-sized Baja Mouse has long been the mascot character of Kyoto Animation and is often paired with the duckling Ga-chan. In 2016, to commemorate the relaunching of the KA Esuma Bunko light novel publishing label's website, Kyoto Animation released a set of icons featuring the two characters.

Synopsis
"My name is Baja. That's what everyone calls me, so it's probably Baja. I came here from the outside world when I was little. As for what happened when I was born, I don't remember much of it."

Kohata Anime Studio is a place full of dreams where animation is made. Baja was raised in this studio by the people who create animation. Floating in a pond outside are his friends the ducks. Baja enjoys a fun and blissful daily life. One night, when all the people are no longer at the studio, Baja takes a peek outside and finds that his duck friends are being attacked by a cat. Will Baja be able to save his friends? A wondrous night adventure begins!

Cast
Baja: Maika Yoshida
Ga-chan: Mutsumi Tamura (Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon)
Coco: Azusa Tadokoro (Musaigen no Phantom World)
Kanako: Hisako Kanemoto (Suisei no Gargantia)

Staff
Director: Yoshiji Kigami (Sora wo Miageru Shoujo no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai)
Animation Check: Hiroko Kuroda (Hyouka), Asami Matsumura (Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon)
Color Design: Kana Miyata (Nichijou), Akiyo Takeda (Hibike! Euphonium)
Special Effects: Rina Miura (K-On!)
Art Director: Shouko Ochiai (Amagi Brilliant Park), Naoki Hosokawa (Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu)
Director of Photography: Akihiro Ura (Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon)
3D Director: Rin Yamamoto (Clannad: After Story)
CG Episode Director: Kouki Ueda (K-On! Movie)
Sound Director: Youta Tsuruoka (Air)
Studio: Kyoto Animation

Baja no Studio can be purchased as part of a 12,000-yen commemorative ticket package which also includes a 124-page staff commentary book featuring the Kyoto Animation's works from 2016 and 2017, a 118-page art book of works from 2016 and 2017, and a 72-page production notebook of the new animation work.

The commemorative ticket package can be purchased at the Kyoto Animation online shop through 11:59 p.m. Japan time on July 30. Regular tickets for the fan event are priced at 3,000 yen and can be purchased through October 22.

PV 3

Official site: http://www.kyotoanimation.co.jp/baja/

Source: Zaikei Shimbun

Baja no Studio on MAL
arsonalJul 29, 2017 7:43 PM
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Jul 29, 2017 7:22 PM

Mar 2015
i don'tknow what to feel... it's looks good, but barely beliveble it will easyly accesible in the future...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jul 29, 2017 7:49 PM

Apr 2014
Looks like a waste of effort. A shame considering the director is a veteran. Oh well I'll just wait for their first real anime.

If they are going to churn more of the same thing Kyoani does it would be annoying. Hopefully this studio is more action centric.
Jul 29, 2017 7:53 PM

Jan 2009
get out of your comfort zone of doing cute/moe shows KyoAni

do some action series too, you have done Beyond the Boundary somewhat action oriented so do more
Jul 29, 2017 8:18 PM

Nov 2008
Kuma said:
i don'tknow what to feel... it's looks good, but barely beliveble it will easyly accesible in the future...

These special event/Comiket exclusives anime often don't get raws much less subs. At least with the Comiket exclusives, they're actually easy to buy for those who use Yahoo Japan Auctions.

Jul 29, 2017 11:11 PM

Aug 2016
No credit for the character designer? Is it Kigami himself?

btw this looks adorable
Jul 29, 2017 11:25 PM

Jul 2009
Stein_ said:

Unclear. Someone on Japanese Twitter mentioned that the line drawings are reminiscent of Taichi Ishidate or Yukiko Horiguchi.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Jul 29, 2017 11:32 PM

Nov 2007
Based. Saving anime since forever.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 29, 2017 11:36 PM

Aug 2016
arsonal said:
Stein_ said:

Unclear. Someone on Japanese Twitter mentioned that the line drawings are reminiscent of Taichi Ishidate or Yukiko Horiguchi.

I see. Thanks.

Hmm, Ishidate should be busy with Evergarden so that's unlikely. If it really is Horiguchi then the role missing makes a bit more sense now.
This is great news, even if it doesn't directly mean her coming back...
Jul 30, 2017 1:18 AM

Jan 2015
Nooooo I was hoping it to be a full length tv series...oh well
Jul 30, 2017 3:12 AM

Mar 2012
This one looks like it's aimed for kids.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Jul 30, 2017 7:39 AM

Jun 2008
Seriously, you had me at Kyoani.
And i'm all up for these type of cute and adorable shows :')
Jul 30, 2017 5:25 PM
Jul 2018
This looks too good and probably going to be an enjoyable watch/series. And I never have done this before but...

*KYOANI & DO SQUEALS*

More topics from this board

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
1 hour ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.