Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Welcome to the Ballroom
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 30, 2017 3:33 PM

Jan 2017
Every episode keeps getting better and better! I am planning on reading the manga once the season ends so I have no expectations right now and am loving every minute of it. Best one of the season, for me.
Jul 30, 2017 3:43 PM

Sep 2015
1 week was already long but 3 weeks .................
it will be hard to not read the manga xD
Jul 30, 2017 3:53 PM

Oct 2013
finally best girl showed up :3
Jul 30, 2017 4:29 PM

Jan 2016
That park dance was so stunning, weirdly enough I can't really recall it from the manga, but on the other hand these dances animated are alot more memorable!
Jul 30, 2017 5:31 PM

Sep 2014
I'm not 100% sure what was going on but it was pretty dope
Jul 30, 2017 5:59 PM

Nov 2016
Great to have two episodes in a row. But two weeks of waiting will be tough, especially since I stopped reading the source at this point.

Tatara paired up with Mako-chan, he got himself a real cutie there.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 30, 2017 6:20 PM

Jan 2015
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah aND with this episode this anime earns the title of one of my favorites this season. Fuck Shizuku, go Mako-chan <3 I had a really bad mood today all animes felt like shit, but im sooo much better today thanks Mako-chan. IF there is an award for being the most adorable,sweetest human being that would definitely go to her. Oh and also fuck his brother for not realizing greatness right before his eyes and going for something bright as Shizuku.

I also liked that this episode greatly explained Sengoku character, so he was worried for Hyodo thats why he tried to make him disqualified cause he knew he wouldnt stop dancing otherwise. He is really bad at teaching tho :D but he has his own style, he now wants to crush Shizuku Gaju couple so that Shizuku will be more faithful to Hyodo right? I hope Mako-chan realizes that her happiness lies right infront of her in form of Tatara and will forget her brother as a dance partner.
Jul 30, 2017 6:56 PM

Jan 2016
Well I really like this Mako girl already. She's enough for me to continue watching the series.
Jul 30, 2017 7:31 PM

Oct 2007
Fujita x Mako, yes I ship them so hard.
Jul 30, 2017 8:10 PM

Sep 2015
Is this even same Tatara from 4 episode ago? somehow he look more cool here.
Into the Internet!
Jul 30, 2017 8:20 PM

Jul 2012
That dance gave me the goosebumps.
Jul 30, 2017 9:37 PM

Dec 2012
YAY another episode which was great.

Cool to see Gaju & Mako, although Gaju is rude taking Shizuku & leaving Mako behind.
Gaju & Shizuku dancing was cool.

Tatara & Mako dancing was real sweet. LOL that message on the ground.
Lets shut Gaju up.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jul 30, 2017 9:41 PM

Jul 2013
quirow said:
Wait what? I'm not a manga reader but I could've sworn that Chinatsu was Tatara's partner. When does she come out anyways.

Obviously a spoiler here so I'll be putting it in a spoiler tag for you.

Jul 30, 2017 10:25 PM

Jul 2015
That was a great episode! The first 3 eps didn't work for me but now I'm definitely interested.

It hurts me thinking that Hanaoka is pretty much confirmed the main girl because wow, I loved Mako. I have a hard time accepting that a series with character designs I don't like too much has one of the cutest female characters I have seen so far, she is so freaking adorable!
Jul 30, 2017 10:33 PM
Aug 2011
Makooooo!!! :3 She's much more interesting than Shizuku and definitely a more interesting partner for Tatara.
And btw, I thought it was eat shit Gaju. ;<
standJul 30, 2017 10:39 PM
Jul 30, 2017 11:07 PM

Oct 2013
Lol not wearing a bra. Gosh dang it. Haha
Jul 30, 2017 11:59 PM

Apr 2012
Damn I couldn't hold it and I start reading the manga... It's amazing!

Don't judge Gaju so fast guys ^_^
Jul 31, 2017 12:08 AM

May 2015
I think this is the best episode of the series at the moment. We actually got to see some ANIMATION with Gaju and Shizuku doing the Samba (Was it Samba? Correct me if I'm wrong. Not a dance pro). And that wasn't nice of Gaju. Won't dance with Mako unless she gets better? I wouldn't want to have someone like that as a partner...I guess that goes the same with Shizuku and Hyodo. Hyodo always tries to toughen it out, and Shizuku dislikes that. I hope they reconcile later on...

The sunset dance was excellent. A good way to see the couple dance step by step. I'd like to see how them and their dance develops. And Sengoku gets it. Tatara and Mako now have their motivation to dance: Prove Gaju wrong! Love that message at the end lol.

-Lukz said:
The ending changed, now is mako and tatara dancing together!!! <33333

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. A subtle change to the ED animation is always welcome!
TarotistNov 14, 2017 6:22 AM
Jul 31, 2017 12:25 AM

Dec 2015
Gaju is such a scum.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jul 31, 2017 1:02 AM

Jan 2013
Another good episode, pretty unbelievable she could spell that out from the dance.
Jul 31, 2017 5:04 AM

Feb 2014
2 episodes back-to-back was a nice surprise, but after hearing that the show's going on a 2 week break, I feel kinda disappointed. D=

Thankfully, this episode was really wonderful. Gaju is more of a douche than my first impressions let on and only wants to dance with Shizuku now that she's vacant due to Hyodo's injured leg.

His sister, Mako, is the complete opposite though. She's really adorable, sweet and caring. She can also dance really well, but Gaju ditched her for Shizuku, which meant that Tatara can pair up with her. Their dance routine in the playground was simply stunning. Lovely use of the ost as well as the visuals too. =)

Well, let the 2 week wait for episode 6 begin.......yay... -__-
Jul 31, 2017 5:59 AM
Jul 2018
There, there. Mako-chan is sure a genuine sweetheart but she shouldn't take things to her heart so heavily. Hopefully, as a dancing couple now, the experience they'll go through together will man up Tatara and woman up Mako-chan. I'm rooting for both of them.
Jul 31, 2017 6:19 AM

Jul 2008
Man I almost love everything about this anime. Though the one thing that irks me is a big one. The women. They way they are spoken off and handled makes me more think of currency than actual humans. I get it, the guys lead and all but seriously. A bit more respect... Or at least give us an straight up Alpha female longer than a few seconds. (Iwakuma's partner).
Spirits of the light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!
Jul 31, 2017 9:51 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Interesting back-to-back episodes in order to commence a two-week break. It's a shame that this wonderful show needs to take such a break but I hope it will be back better than before.
Even though this episode wasn't as great as the last episode, it still laid out the platform for the upcoming episodes really well. Therefore, I can't wait to see how the synchronized duo of Tatara and Mako clashes off with that of Gaju and Shizuku.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 31, 2017 11:32 AM

Jun 2013
Really loved this episode
Mako Is adorable
Jul 31, 2017 11:51 AM

Jul 2009
Gaju is a pain! He was so mean to his sister.
Tatara and Mako are adorable as partners! Guess it will work very well.
Jul 31, 2017 3:28 PM
Sep 2016
MILES better than the last episode, which was also good.

Jul 31, 2017 5:26 PM

Jun 2012
Yay, 2 episodes this week! Mako is so adorable
AstarateAug 22, 2017 5:29 PM
Jul 31, 2017 5:27 PM

Jun 2008
Sengoku lol I found my fav character in this show
Shizuku has the reason to be mad at the indifferent Hyodo, some appreciation and honesty are needed I kinda understand why she got mad at him.
Tatara is a good leader by nature or so the show/manga implies, fitting whoever he partners up with with the ability to predict movements.
OST and graphics gave us an amazing scene I almost forgot in the manga, the magic of good animation <3
Jul 31, 2017 6:20 PM

May 2014
Why have we been blessed with two episodes this week? *o*

Anyway, the introduction of Gaju and Mako definitely switched things up a bit- I didn't think they'd be siblings. Cool dynamic.

So Gaju is basically a tool who doesn't mind ditching hid partner right in front of her face for another girl? Ouch. Poor Mako.
Kudos to her for being loyal to him and still actually wanting to partner with the guy.

I guess she's gonna end up pairing with Gaju again since she's kind of using Tatara to prove her worth as a dance partner...but I like their chemistry. The scene at the end in the park was breathtaking!
Poor Tatara getting everyone's sloppy seconds -_-
But hey, at least he's learning to dance with a variety of partners.

Bring on the dance off next episode!

Also, god I love Sengoku. He's such an ass lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2017 7:17 PM

Sep 2015
Mako is so kawaiii ;-;
Jul 31, 2017 8:38 PM
Dec 2015
This episode was so good. I enjoyed the dancing between Gaju and Shizuku even though I was pretty mad about the situation. How dare he do that!

Also the awkward couple dancing between Mako and Tatara was so cute, the scene at the end of the episode was cool as well. The heel scene in particular caught my attention, it was so pretty and the speed was just perfect. Hope they beat Gaju's ass!

Jul 31, 2017 9:06 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was brilliant and the drama was surprisingly was great! The dance under the dream was beautiful (and felt so romantic).
I hope Mako can beat her brother's expectation! that guy is acted like a villain, and its upto Tatara to save Shizuru from that devil!

2-week break huh? I think quality is important especially for this anime so then I won't mind. At least its better than useless Recaps episodes.
Jul 31, 2017 9:11 PM

Jul 2013
Suzie said:
It looks gorgeous but why does Tatara have dancing superpowers like "super vision" and "mind reading" -_- Makes me hate his guts so much when he has magical powers basically.
I wish they'd show him actually practice and learn things instead of implying he practiced and then doing OP crap without any related training.

It's not super powers if everyone can do the same thing @@ Obviously in a pair activity like dancing you need to be able to predict your partner's movements. That would apply for everyone else too. It's just that Tatara is more gifted than the usual person since he can do it almost instantly when others would need more practice. That's what they meant by "super vision", the ability to pick up and memorize subtle hints of movements as well as applying it. I think it's a given that some people are better than others at doing this.

Plus if you're talking about practice, didn't he practiced the whole night on his first day of training? and then on episode 3 it's been shown that he practiced at home too. IIRC in the manga there were also some instances when he was practicing alone. It's not like he can do it because of super power, the guy has been practicing shadow dancing intensely by imagining Shizuku as his partner this whole time. Only this time he applied it to Mako once he realized that they are different.
Jul 31, 2017 10:03 PM

Jul 2012
Wow, Mako is cute af. I hope Gaju craps his pants too LOL.

I keep saying it, but I love Hayashi's soundtrack for this show. The BGM at the end of episode 5 was amazing! And Tatara is dancing with Mako in the ED now 😊
Jul 31, 2017 10:57 PM

Oct 2008
OKAY! for now I have a new ship! FUJITA X MAKO!!!
4/5.

Aug 1, 2017 2:19 AM

Oct 2015
Mako-chan is cute, I really like this Mako x Tatara pair, they looks pretty fit and cute. She's VERY PRECIOUS, please protect her Tatara. And that dance in sunset is also pretty good tho.

Waiting for Mako x Tatara to develop more, I gonna root for this two :)

Shizuku x Tatara can slowly die in Peace now, it's like rooting for Simon x Yoko in TTGL.
The resemblance is uncanny.
Aug 1, 2017 7:13 AM

Jun 2014
This so good, bless everyone that is behind such a great adaptation of this manga! Mako is super cute and the updated ED with her dancing with Tatara is amazing. The moment at the end was phenomenal.
:3
Aug 1, 2017 8:42 AM

Jul 2014
this mako kid is totes adorbs
And yes, I meant that.
--------------------------------------
Sukasuka Discord server, also home to Orlandri Translation Company, who are planning to translate Sukasuka and Sukamoka:
https://discord.gg/xXTncqJ
Do join if it interests you.
Aug 1, 2017 9:35 AM

Dec 2016
Mako is such a sweety pie =^w^= nice episode btw :D

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Aug 1, 2017 9:53 AM
Dec 2015
MoeGod said:
Suzie said:
It looks gorgeous but why does Tatara have dancing superpowers like "super vision" and "mind reading" -_- Makes me hate his guts so much when he has magical powers basically.
I wish they'd show him actually practice and learn things instead of implying he practiced and then doing OP crap without any related training.

It's not super powers if everyone can do the same thing @@ Obviously in a pair activity like dancing you need to be able to predict your partner's movements. That would apply for everyone else too. It's just that Tatara is more gifted than the usual person since he can do it almost instantly when others would need more practice. That's what they meant by "super vision", the ability to pick up and memorize subtle hints of movements as well as applying it. I think it's a given that some people are better than others at doing this.

Plus if you're talking about practice, didn't he practiced the whole night on his first day of training? and then on episode 3 it's been shown that he practiced at home too. IIRC in the manga there were also some instances when he was practicing alone. It's not like he can do it because of super power, the guy has been practicing shadow dancing intensely by imagining Shizuku as his partner this whole time. Only this time he applied it to Mako once he realized that they are different.

Also if you watch the animation closely you can always see Mako move slightly before he moves. It not him just being able to guess, she moves slightly and he pushes her to make the movement for real. Even though he seems quite skilled at this perception I think it is because of the amount of training he did, we see his torn up floor, that he is able to pull it off. Not really OP if he had to train a lot to be able to do it.

Aug 1, 2017 10:22 AM

May 2017
Mako has brocon? Her brother being a douche bag isn't really surprising or rare but it's Mako's brocon I guess

Love Sengoku's trolling lol
Aug 1, 2017 2:22 PM
Mar 2017
Every episode is better than the previous. I'm enjoying it a lot.

Tatara and Mako are cute as dance partners. Mako is adorable <3
Aug 1, 2017 3:57 PM

Apr 2017
Jumping in the discussion late but I LOVE THIS ANIME. I have no idea why.

I only checked it out because I was literally caught up with everything and I had watched Princess Principal and got something I wasn't expecting so I figured "maybe this isn't what I think it is either." Well, it was exactly what I figured it was, an anime about ballroom dancing.

And I should have ended there. I don't like dancing, I don't like watching people dance so why am I enjoying this so much? I honestly don't know. Only thing I can think is the story telling is so well done and I enjoy watching stories of people finding what they enjoy and finding their place in life.... -shrug- The art style also isn't really something I would normally gravitate towards but GOD DAMN it's do enthralling.

Ok, end /rant /semi review of show in message board.
Aug 1, 2017 8:21 PM
Sep 2016
That dance scene between Tatara and Mako was so beautiful, I legit shed a tear from how beautiful that was.
Aug 2, 2017 1:55 AM

Oct 2011
Really hyped for the Tatara and Mako pairing. The ED pairing them together instead of Tatara just dancing alone was cute. Can't wait to see them improve. Although eventually pairing with Hanaoka seems to be the endgame for Tatara, I can't help but think he'll get attached to Mako in the process.
Aug 2, 2017 4:02 AM

Aug 2015
it really baffles me how little respect this show has for their female characters. Shizuku has only been treated horrible so far. she's shown as having no purpose of her own beyond complementing a male partner, been insulted and thrashed by almost everyone & stripped of her clothes with no purpose twice and it just terrifies me that Mako is following the same pattern since the moment she's introduced. can women be anything else than puppets here? I think the potential for this show is there but I can't stand the direction they're taking some characters so far.
Aug 2, 2017 7:43 AM

Jun 2008
And now this anime has two terrible voice actors in the main cast..
Aug 2, 2017 8:09 AM

Dec 2014
well nice was not expecting a second episode this week.... that Gako guy is a little self centered...I liked Mako chan...can't believe they are brother and sister still
Aug 2, 2017 9:27 PM

Jul 2015
Beautiful and very enjoyable episode. Hopefully Mako gets furthered more
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2017

173 by Copie »»
Apr 9, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Naruleach - Jul 2, 2017

125 by ThorPalma »»
Jan 1, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2017

59 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 30, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

57 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 30, 2023 12:16 AM

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2017

51 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 28, 2023 9:41 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.