Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 29, 2017 8:49 AM
Jan 2017
Are there any Mages in the Guild that can defeat Natsu at this point?? This is my list

1 - Gildarts (because of his Crash Magic)
2 - Erza (She's quite smart and strategic unlike Natsu)
3 - Laxus (more than a match in physical prowess and magic power)
4 - Gray (because they are rivals)
5 - Mirajane (She has Macro)

What do you think?
Aug 7, 2017 4:18 PM
Apr 2015
He can beat Erza , Laxus , and Gray
Aug 15, 2017 2:54 PM
Aug 2014
Well, it's hard to tell because they always make him look like he can't lose
Aug 23, 2017 1:24 AM
Oct 2011
Yeah. They do that quite a bit which makes it hard to tell sometimes.

As such, personally I think that she's indeed one of the few that can still defeat him. When pushed or emotional she often claims or brags to an enemy that they are about equal but there are also always several instances as the two of them progress where other characters, who are familiar with Erza's power and skill, including her opponents, will throw in side comments that she's stronger than she thinks implying that she is underselling herself (which is quite in character for her to do).
DangerMouseDMAug 23, 2017 7:58 PM
Aug 25, 2017 1:37 PM

May 2012
Nobody can beat Natsu

Because Natsu always get power up in middle of the fight for no reason. He is protected by plot armor
Aug 26, 2017 2:04 AM
Oct 2011
thepath said:
Because Natsu always get power up in middle of the fight for no reason. He is protected by plot armor

Very true, and it happens all the time, though I still love the show.
At least sometimes the final boss fights are a tag team and not only just Natsu.
Not that that is enough to excuse it.
DangerMouseDMAug 26, 2017 2:22 AM
Aug 26, 2017 2:46 AM

Feb 2016
I think Gildarts can most likely beat him easily. Gildarts true power is a little bit hidden and I think he is way more stronger. I can't think of any other character who can win against Natsu. Maybe Erza and maybe even Gray but I don't know.

I will not believe that everything is controlled by fate.

ll X ll
Aug 26, 2017 3:20 AM

Jun 2015
I think In that season:
Erza, Gildarts, Laxus, mirajane and makarov
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Aug 26, 2017 11:24 AM
Oct 2011
Takamura-sama said:
I think In that season:
Erza, Gildarts, Laxus, mirajane and makarov

Yeah, these would be my picks.

With Gray being a bit of who knows, like -Ayu said. As it is it's kind of rare they show off his power level and it's tricky since they're not particularly consistent with him either I guess in order to add more tension sometimes (like Gray somehow not curb stomping most of the soldiers in the last Edolas fight), but despite that I'd like to think that minus plot armor at this point he could have still at least gotten a draw since he's got the direct opposite element and is quite a bit smarter.
DangerMouseDMAug 27, 2017 3:48 PM
Nov 28, 2017 12:36 PM

Mar 2017
Don't think Gray will ever be able to defeat Natsu.
Nov 28, 2017 1:30 PM
Feb 2016
Max aka the Gaara of Fairy Tail
Nov 28, 2017 2:39 PM

Nov 2017
Erza's gonna kick his ass!

Gray not sure perhaps cuz he has that demon slayer magic now :3
Feb 5, 2018 12:54 AM
Jun 2015
Wow, I thought these posts were from years ago since people were unsure of Gildarts for some reason...But no it’s from 2017 lol.

Gildarts one-shot Natsu in his first appearance. Erza did the same during their rematch. Mira is more powerful than Erza so by extension she could do it as well. Mystogan already has and Natsu said he was taking the fight seriously. Gray has as well in the Memory Days OVA and has beaten characters Natsu couldn’t (Owl dude, Ultear).
--DeletedAccountFeb 5, 2018 12:58 AM
Feb 5, 2018 1:03 AM
Jun 2015
DangerMouseDM said:
thepath said:

At least sometimes the final boss fights are a tag team and not only just Natsu.

No, that’s completely wrong actually. It’s almost always a tag team at the end and when it isn’t he only wins because of someone else’s help. He only beat Jellal because Erza wound in him stopped him from casting Abyss Break. He only beat Zero because Jellal gave him the Flame of Rebuke. And he only beat [spoiler{Future Rogue because Atlas Flame Dragon helped him.[/spoiler]

Seriously people make these baseless and untrue complaints about the show don’t even watch it or just don’t pay attention lol.
Feb 15, 2018 3:09 PM
Oct 2011
dwilson2000 said:
DangerMouseDM said:

No, that’s completely wrong actually. It’s almost always a tag team at the end and when it isn’t he only wins because of someone else’s help. He only beat Jellal because Erza wound in him stopped him from casting Abyss Break. He only beat Zero because Jellal gave him the Flame of Rebuke. And he only beat [spoiler{Future Rogue because Atlas Flame Dragon helped him.[/spoiler]

Seriously people make these baseless and untrue complaints about the show don’t even watch it or just don’t pay attention lol.

Agreed, like I said, I made the same point that the final boss fights are often a tag team (or him getting an assist) and not only just Natsu, which is very nice, but there are other times where he admittedly does keep getting back up (determination) stronger at times.

That said, having now seen the rest of the available episodes, I agree with you more than him in that it for the most part they do a pretty good job in having him receive help to win. To be fair, at the time of my reply I think I was watching a section of the story, for the first time, where it had happened a couple of times in a row, might have been one of the filler sections now that I think about it.

dwilson2000 said:
Wow, I thought these posts were from years ago since people were unsure of Gildarts for some reason...But no it’s from 2017 lol.

Gildarts one-shot Natsu in his first appearance. Erza did the same during their rematch. Mira is more powerful than Erza so by extension she could do it as well. Mystogan already has and Natsu said he was taking the fight seriously. Gray has as well in the Memory Days OVA and has beaten characters Natsu couldn’t (Owl dude, Ultear).

Yup. I think they'd all be able to do it.

Though I felt like Erza and Mira is a tough call given Erza's advancements and recent new armor and her being a lot more active a combatant, but of course Mira's presumably got more stuff she's not supposed to use, then there's Erza's insane endurance while Mira usually tires pretty quickly. Plus they're like two of the least likely to fight each other lol.
DangerMouseDMFeb 15, 2018 3:55 PM
Feb 15, 2018 3:12 PM
Jul 2018
this is easy

1 Gray Fullbuster (because hes the best)
2 Gray Fullbuster (because he can)
3 Gray Fullbuster (hes WAYYY better than Natsu )
4 Gray Fullbuster (Natsu Sucks)
5 Gray Fullbuster (because hes an Ice devil slayer)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 124 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2012

127 by phantom346 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 123 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2012

147 by phantom346 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 122 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2012

170 by phantom346 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ReaperEXE - Jan 4, 2010

113 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 121 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Mar 9, 2012

88 by phantom346 »»
Yesterday, 4:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.