Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Kakegurui Episode 5 Discussion


Jul 31, 2017 5:22 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 21
AlliedWishes said:
And yet another episode that pleases me. This series is so much fun. <3

But this...
sunako199 said:
episode 6 will be delayed, it will air 3 weeks after (august 19)


ugh. 3 long weeks. :(

Guess I shouldn't be surprised. MAPPA is working VERY hard lately. Multiple anime they are making while trying to make this keep going at least decently must be nerve wrecking.

AmyTwo said:
Sigh... that episode ended way too quickly. Or at least it felt like it.
That's what happens when something is too much fun. Kind of sucks to have the kind of feeling though since you're already wanting more. lol
yes, they produced some good anime some year back
i like bahamut too
 
Jul 31, 2017 5:23 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 21
SouthRuizVera said:
Revenge is sooo sweet at the end. Amazing episode, I started loving that yumeko/saotome duo.

Lord_of_Anime said:
I can't believe that Suzui guy just handed over a check for that much money smh! I can't wait to see how things intensify in the next episode!


Suzui is a nice guy... or just dumb haha but it's nice to see that in an academy where money rules and students don't give a shit about winning with cheats or whatever, there is Suzui, a guy who at first sight doesn't want to hurt anyone.
sasuga from our protagonist, still dense as usual
 
Jul 31, 2017 5:26 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 21
that make me wondering how expression hayami saori did when she do voicing yumeko, that must be interesting to watch. especially when the character make odd expression
 
Jul 31, 2017 5:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 333
Talcon said:
I had a hard time following the explanation at the end about the debt chips. If their chips aren't worth what they say they were, then why didn't the dealer say "Hey, you're gonna need to put down more to call this bet?" And then Kiwatari would have noticed something was off.

I'm lost (sorry. xD).

I don't see why the dealer would say such a thing. Wouldn't that be helpful to the players? The dealer doesn't help or advise anyone in any way, even when it regards to cheating. The one being fooled will be at fault, as the dealer said before.

The chips in the game are worth whatever the players declared their own chips to be worth, even if it was, in actuality, a lie (which the dealer will know about, of course). Kiwatari did the same thing, since in reality, his chips aren't worth whatever he said in the game (it's not worth anything since he's not a pet). He just intended to play for the fun of fucking over others' mentality and chances of getting out of debt, along with trying to gain extra cash for himself.
 
Jul 31, 2017 5:34 AM
:D

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1897
My only problem with this game is that if you had a really trustworthy friend, you could tell the student council you owe him 1 billion or something ridiculous.
If you lose the game, you could just ask your friend to give you the money back and break even.
If you win the game, you swap with the lowest dept (let's say it's only 10 million), and then when your friend pays you back the 1 billion, you can easily pay off the 10 million dept and gain 990 million.

But I guess finding someone that trustworthy in a school like this would be very hard.

EDIT: Seems like the student council only pays the friend you owe money to if you win the game, so this wouldn't actually work. Glad to find that out :)

Abusaeed said:
neolust said:
And how much debts yumeko now?

The student council chick said about 30 million yen
idk how :/

She should still have her 310m debt. Only 1st place and the person with the least amount of dept in the group swap depts. Nvm. 2nd and 3rd also swap debts if 2nd has a higher dept (according to this manga page). So because Jabami declared 50m debt for that game, if she stayed at 2nd place, she would've swapped debts with Tsubomi, who had a debt of 20m. The 30m the girl from the SC was talking about was the money Jabami "lost" by purposely going from 2nd to 3rd to help Tsubomi by not putting her in a bigger debt of 50m. So at the end of the game, Jabami still has her 50m declared debt, and her 310m real debt.
Modified by Ando, Jul 31, 2017 6:33 PM
 
Jul 31, 2017 6:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
Farabeuf said:
Fai said:
Now if only the male protagonist Bland McGeneric were to completely disappear and Yumeko were to start building her own harem out of the girls she encounters, this could be quite a good show.


Hear, hear.

I don't even understand why they have this guy in the story. I mean if he was the narrator fine, but he's just filling space there.


I mean i GET what his purpose is (He's the "straight man" basically, a sane dude reacting to them and hyping the stakes up to the viewer by beingclueless), but he did not have to be such a bland idiot and he certainly could be in way less scenes than he is in.
 
Jul 31, 2017 6:22 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 391
I WANT TO READ KAKEGURUI YURI DOUJIN!!!
 
Jul 31, 2017 7:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 1371
Just reading this thread makes me anxious. There's no way I'd be able to watch this fucking show.
 
Jul 31, 2017 11:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 2678
The game itself was the least interesting so far, thus the episode was too. Didn't seem clever, just felt disgusting...in a negative sense.

That line above wasn't about the yuri, I loved the yuri scenes
 
Jul 31, 2017 12:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 1379
TheHeckle said:
To be honest I don't really understand how the money distribution works in this game.
So Mary gained 310 million,
That girl stayed the same,
Yumeko now has 310 million + 30 million debt
and that guy now has a debt of 310 million now.


No, the point of the game was to switch debts.

Mary got first place so her debt went from 50 million to 10 million.
The girl stayed the same because she had the second lowest debt and got second place.
Yumeko was only betting 50 million from her 310 million debt because of the plan to switch chips with Mary. She got third place, so nothing changed for her. However, because Mary declared that she had more of a debt than she really had, the student council sent a check to her friend (Suzui) with the remaining 260 million.

So Yumeko sitll has a 310 million debt, Mary has a 10 million debt, and now they got a 260 million check.


Ando said:
My only problem with this game is that if you had a really trustworthy friend, you could tell the student council you owe him 1 billion or something ridiculous.
If you lose the game, you could just ask your friend to give you the money back and break even.
If you win the game, you swap with the lowest dept (let's say it's only 10 million), and then when your friend pays you back the 1 billion, you can easily pay off the 10 million dept and gain 990 million.


You forget that the the bully's plan works specifically because he had the smallest debt. The rules said that who gets first place in the game will have their debt switched with the smallest in the group, but if you had the smallest debt in first place the debt will be taken down to nothing. He told the student coucil he borrowed 10 million from his friend, so if he won the council would pay his friend 10 million.
Modified by JGChaves, Jul 31, 2017 1:54 PM
 
Jul 31, 2017 2:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 158
This anime is boring, but the girls are fucking hot OwO

I needa read some doujins
 
Jul 31, 2017 3:27 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 4
Luminlight said:
This anime is boring, but the girls are fucking hot OwO

I needa read some doujins
Wow. No wonder you were called a troll before.
 
Jul 31, 2017 3:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 158
junkinvideos1 said:
Luminlight said:
This anime is boring, but the girls are fucking hot OwO

I needa read some doujins
Wow. No wonder you were called a troll before.


Who are you, care to inform me?
 
Jul 31, 2017 4:31 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 1
Someone explain what they did....
 
Jul 31, 2017 5:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1214
syncrogazer said:
Just reading this thread makes me anxious. There's no way I'd be able to watch this fucking show.


i dont get it. What is making you anxious ?
 
Jul 31, 2017 6:29 PM
:D

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1897
JGChaves said:
Ando said:
My only problem with this game is that if you had a really trustworthy friend, you could tell the student council you owe him 1 billion or something ridiculous.
If you lose the game, you could just ask your friend to give you the money back and break even.
If you win the game, you swap with the lowest dept (let's say it's only 10 million), and then when your friend pays you back the 1 billion, you can easily pay off the 10 million dept and gain 990 million.

You forget that the the bully's plan works specifically because he had the smallest debt. The rules said that who gets first place in the game will have their debt switched with the smallest in the group, but if you had the smallest debt in first place the debt will be taken down to nothing. He told the student coucil he borrowed 10 million from his friend, so if he won the council would pay his friend 10 million.

Oh, okay. It makes sense now. Thanks for clearing it up!
 
Jul 31, 2017 7:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 333
Ando said:
JGChaves said:

You forget that the the bully's plan works specifically because he had the smallest debt. The rules said that who gets first place in the game will have their debt switched with the smallest in the group, but if you had the smallest debt in first place the debt will be taken down to nothing. He told the student coucil he borrowed 10 million from his friend, so if he won the council would pay his friend 10 million.

Oh, okay. It makes sense now. Thanks for clearing it up!

But I... Bah, I'm jealous... :(
 
Jul 31, 2017 7:33 PM
:D

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1897
AmyTwo said:
Ando said:

Oh, okay. It makes sense now. Thanks for clearing it up!

But I... Bah, I'm jealous... :(

Sorry, I didn't understand your post because what I didn't know was that the SC only pays your friend back if you win the game ><
 
Jul 31, 2017 7:40 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 62
snktiger said:
kiza1379 said:

wut u actually count those? ._.

btw i still don't get why meari-san's money is handed to suzui-san ._.
yea... does that make me crazier than Yumeko??? =p

the term "Meari's money" is wrong. that's "Suzui's money" and payment for "Meari's debt"

Both Meari and Yumeko reported fake debts .. and the owner of their fake debts is Suzui. Meari reported that she owns 310million to Suzui and Yumeko reported that she owns 50million to Suzui

they have to use someone besides themselves...it would not work if they used each other instead of Suzui.....

Example 1 -
Meari owns 1million to yumeko
yumeko owns 1million to Meari
...... then they own each other nothing no debt to report

Example 2 -
Meari owns 2million to yumeko
Yumeko owns 1million to Meari
.....that means Meari owns Yumeko 1million and Yumeko has no debt.

Student council "pays" the debt amount directly to the owner the debt to instead of giving the money to the 1st place player.. that's why Suzui got the money

......and that's why it had to be Suzui... the nicest guy... or the craziest guy in the entire school. to think he gave the money to Meari like that after what Meari did to him...

fake debts? why tho...and correct me if im wrong, the student council gv all of the money to suzui-san include those money that meary-san didn't in debt with suzui-san? ._o
 
Jul 31, 2017 7:40 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 74
i'm so glad schools like this don't exist i can only imagine the gun violence
if it's between living obediently or dying a free man I'd rather pick the ladder
 
Jul 31, 2017 7:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 333
Ando said:
AmyTwo said:

But I... Bah, I'm jealous... :(

Sorry, I didn't understand your post because what I didn't know was that the SC only pays your friend back if you win the game ><

I assumed you already knew since you didn't say anything to me.

But it's fine. I just couldn't be more of help to you.

 
Jul 31, 2017 7:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 385
I love how crazy Jabami is and nice team up with Meari! Really hope that boosted that other girl's confidence though :(

( ゚Д゚)<!! 3 week wait though?!
 
Jul 31, 2017 7:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 439
I really don't mind the guy at all. Actually, being the only normal guy I really appreciate when he's around to bring a sense of controlled sanity back. It also makes the gambling atmosphere all the more apparent when it happens due to the contrast.

I'm so glad I'm only a viewer. Would've dropped out from that school within the first minute lol.
I need sleep.
 
Jul 31, 2017 7:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 333
kiza1379 said:
snktiger said:
yea... does that make me crazier than Yumeko??? =p

the term "Meari's money" is wrong. that's "Suzui's money" and payment for "Meari's debt"

Both Meari and Yumeko reported fake debts .. and the owner of their fake debts is Suzui. Meari reported that she owns 310million to Suzui and Yumeko reported that she owns 50million to Suzui

they have to use someone besides themselves...it would not work if they used each other instead of Suzui.....

Example 1 -
Meari owns 1million to yumeko
yumeko owns 1million to Meari
...... then they own each other nothing no debt to report

Example 2 -
Meari owns 2million to yumeko
Yumeko owns 1million to Meari
.....that means Meari owns Yumeko 1million and Yumeko has no debt.

Student council "pays" the debt amount directly to the owner the debt to instead of giving the money to the 1st place player.. that's why Suzui got the money

......and that's why it had to be Suzui... the nicest guy... or the craziest guy in the entire school. to think he gave the money to Meari like that after what Meari did to him...

fake debts? why tho...and correct me if im wrong, the student council gv all of the money to suzui-san include those money that meary-san didn't in debt with suzui-san? ._o

Fake debts in order to completely trick Kiwatari the entire time, thinking that Yumeko's chips were worth a lot more. The dealer could have revealed that theirs were fakes, but she neither helps nor advises any player of anything or in any way, and there wasn't a rule against doing such a thing. When tricked, the fault lies to the one deceived.

And yeah, the student council gave the rest of the money Mary didn't really need in order to clear her debt to Suzui since she used him as the one to receive the rest of it. He simply gave it back to Mary since he likely felt to himself that he didn't really need it since he wasn't in debt anymore (he's not really greedy, nor does he have a great liking towards gambling unlike Yumeko and practically every other opponent or antagonist). He's so sweet and honest (the ultimate cinnamon roll. <3).
 
Jul 31, 2017 7:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 860
They swapped boards?! Come on show, at least give me a chance to figure it out beforehand xD Ah well, I'm not here for the mystery or anything, just Yuri pairs and crazy faces *nom*

 
Jul 31, 2017 8:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 333
spicychile said:
I really don't mind the guy at all. Actually, being the only normal guy I really appreciate when he's around to bring a sense of controlled sanity back. It also makes the gambling atmosphere all the more apparent when it happens due to the contrast.

I really like Suzui myself. Sure, he doesn't have nearly as much action as Yumeko herself when it comes to gambling, but he's so sweet, he's not annoying at all (never gets in the way and, while he gets worried often for his friends, he doesn't whine a lot), and he can even be quite helpful when needed (which isn't right now so far, but I don't want to spoil when) or when he felt like he really wanted to do something to help his friends in need (tries to lower Yumeko's debt before by giving her some money in the beginning of the last episode, along with how he tried helping Yumeko out when she was getting choked and was about to get raped by the prick Kiwatari, even when he is clearly outnumbered).
 
Jul 31, 2017 11:59 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 2
Jabami and Meari are a great duo. I ship them so hard lol
 
Aug 1, 2017 5:34 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 62
AmyTwo said:
kiza1379 said:

fake debts? why tho...and correct me if im wrong, the student council gv all of the money to suzui-san include those money that meary-san didn't in debt with suzui-san? ._o

Fake debts in order to completely trick Kiwatari the entire time, thinking that Yumeko's chips were worth a lot more. The dealer could have revealed that theirs were fakes, but she neither helps nor advises any player of anything or in any way, and there wasn't a rule against doing such a thing. When tricked, the fault lies to the one deceived.

And yeah, the student council gave the rest of the money Mary didn't really need in order to clear her debt to Suzui since she used him as the one to receive the rest of it. He simply gave it back to Mary since he likely felt to himself that he didn't really need it since he wasn't in debt anymore (he's not really greedy, nor does he have a great liking towards gambling unlike Yumeko and practically every other opponent or antagonist). He's so sweet and honest (the ultimate cinnamon roll. <3).

ahhh thanks for the explanation xD
but still some i didn't really get it so i might rewatch previous episodes a bit lol
kinda complicated when u wanna go into those details and beyond reasoning ><
 
Aug 1, 2017 6:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 358
I enjoyed it, especially revenging a bully.
This show is so impressive
I dont know why i like it though

And 3 week delay? Aw...
Life isn't as fun and easy as anime.
Watch anime to bring that fun!!
 
Aug 1, 2017 6:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 4587
What an another crazy ass episode! Holy shit. I'm so happy Jabami and Meari are finally friends, and let's include Suzui, of course. Ugh. It makes me so happy, it's weird. Haha. I feel so vile. I s2g this anime's got one of the best anime OPs and EDs. Ugh.

Idk anything about gambling really, so sometimes I don't get the scenes, and it honestly confuses me, and yet I'm still enjoying myself watching this like what the hell is wrong with me.

So glad that asshole got dragged. So satiating. And damn Jabami you ecchi. Haha!
----------------------------------------
"NNAAAA~ NNAAAA~ NNAAAA~ NNAAAA~"
NANACHI (MADE IN ABYSS), 2017
----------------------------------------
 
Aug 1, 2017 1:22 PM
Shingster

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 2030
Hmm Meari looks like she's back to her old self now that she's won something. So the guy was cheating after all eh. I thought he was being way to successful tbh. The tag team of Meari and Yumeko though was interesting. The cheating certainly adds another layer of unpredictability to the game and making it more interesting. Man this match really is getting pretty interesting just looking the flow as well as the amounts involved. Funny to see this arrogant person now start to panic once the tide has turned though. Man i really feel sorry for the guys accomplice though. Still its nice to see Yumeko inspire rebellion within her though. Man forced to work with the guy that treated her like that though this girl really had it tough. But lol now is the time to seek revenge for how she was treated in the past and what better way than to cause her oppressor to suffer a huge loss. Now that was a rather surprising result for the game. Hmm so they lied about the debts that they had to trick their opponent eh crafty move. Hmm knew that guy would get violent when he finds he's been tricked but never expected the taser though. Still though her debt remains unchanged it can be seen that Nanami's personality is now much better as a result of Yumeko's suggestion. Its actually quite funny seeing Yumeko and Meari be so friendly though. Now that was an interesting episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Aug 1, 2017 1:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 319
Jabami/Meari are a cruel combo lol Always seems like Jabami has people dancing in the palm of her hands, I have a sneaky suspsicion that she stole Meari's cheque at the end there but who knows if she genuinely wants to be friends or not.
 
Aug 1, 2017 2:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 105
Great episode as always. I just wish people would stop calling Mary "Meari". It's "Mary" in the manga and in the show, come on guys.
Modified by SuitonSekai, Aug 1, 2017 3:09 PM
Thank you Secret Santa, very cool set.
 
Aug 1, 2017 2:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 2216
Really loved the moment when that woman became human~ haha, that facial expression from a innocent livestock is such a thrilling thing that can't be missed!

4.5/6 for this episode. Mary X Jabami or aka the shojo-ai tag wont harm my attention, although its unrealistic to imagine that it could happen :\

3 week delay? Sounds good to me somehow because in this way we can expect the last couple of episodes to be even engraging and good quality (although current adaptation is really darn good).
Looks like its time for me to hunt old animes in the midst time, But I will sure miss this anime for sometimes.. (at least better than making recap stuff).


Modified by SkyDrop, Aug 1, 2017 2:48 PM
 
Aug 1, 2017 3:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 333
kiza1379 said:
AmyTwo said:

Fake debts in order to completely trick Kiwatari the entire time, thinking that Yumeko's chips were worth a lot more. The dealer could have revealed that theirs were fakes, but she neither helps nor advises any player of anything or in any way, and there wasn't a rule against doing such a thing. When tricked, the fault lies to the one deceived.

And yeah, the student council gave the rest of the money Mary didn't really need in order to clear her debt to Suzui since she used him as the one to receive the rest of it. He simply gave it back to Mary since he likely felt to himself that he didn't really need it since he wasn't in debt anymore (he's not really greedy, nor does he have a great liking towards gambling unlike Yumeko and practically every other opponent or antagonist). He's so sweet and honest (the ultimate cinnamon roll. <3).

ahhh thanks for the explanation xD
but still some i didn't really get it so i might rewatch previous episodes a bit lol
kinda complicated when u wanna go into those details and beyond reasoning ><

I see. Well, you're welcome. :)

Made me feel a bit better that I could help you when I've failed to help @Ando at all. lol
Modified by AmyTwo, Aug 2, 2017 5:37 AM
 
Aug 1, 2017 3:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 40
Went as well as I had hoped it would. :)



Sadly there's a three week delay... such a long wait.
 
Aug 1, 2017 6:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 860
Surpreme_Squash said:
Went as well as I had hoped it would. :)



Sadly there's a three week delay... such a long wait.


I seriously can't stop laughing at this picture, what have you done xD
 
Aug 1, 2017 6:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 40
MonogatariLSD said:
Surpreme_Squash said:
Went as well as I had hoped it would. :)



Sadly there's a three week delay... such a long wait.


I seriously can't stop laughing at this picture, what have you done xD

lmao thanks, but I didn't do this. I just thought it was so funny that I shared it here. Found this on 9anime posted by someone named KamijouTouma69.
 
Aug 2, 2017 12:28 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 367
wow this was a lot more rewarding than I expected!

Also Yumeko and Meari are definitely hitting it on! Beautiful, simply beautiful!

The only thing that hinders the show is the male mc who is literally pointless at this point ... idk how they would use him for anything really other than moral support or exposition dumper.
 
Aug 2, 2017 3:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 28
Okay, let's see if I get this properly.

Mary has a debt of 50M to the Student Council.
She, however, also indicates that she has another 260M to Suzui.
This beings her total up to 310M.

Yumeko has a debt of 310M to the Student Council.
But she only put up 50M for this game.

So, because of this, Yumeko got a 50M card, and Mary got a 310M card.
They then swapped the cards, with Mary using the one that shows a debt of 50M, and Yumeko with one with a 310M debt.
One of Mary's chips is actually worth 31M, and one of Yuemko's chips is actually worth 5M.

They then play the game, and because of this whole setup they planned, Mary won.
So, her 310M debt and the dick's 10M debt are to be swapped.

The method of the swap is that all debts has to be owned by the Student Council beforehand.
So, before the swap occurs, the Student Council has to pay Suzui 260M, and the dick's friend 10M.
Now, before the swap, Mary owes the Student Council 310M, and the dick owes the Student Council 10M.
The Student Council has pretty much bought 270M worth of debt.

And now, the swap happens.
The dick now owes the Student Council 310M, and Mary owes the Student Council 10M.

So, thanks to this game, the dick went from owing a phantom 10M to his friend, to owing the Student Council 310M.
His friend went from having his friend owe him a phantom 10M, to actually getting 10M from the Student Council. Profit for him.
Yumeko has no change; she still owes the Student Council 310M.
Nanami has no change; she still owes someone 20M.
Mary went from owing the Student Council 50M, to owing 10M to the Student Council, and got 260M cash on top of that because Suzui gave her the cheque.

Is this right?
 
Aug 2, 2017 4:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1702
I like how Yumiko just didn't clear all her debt in one game. Granted she did gain some of it back but she still has a decent amount of work to do.

I'm just waiting for a game where just skill is involved and not cheating.
"So I told her 'Nice try, Granny' and sent her to the back of the line."

~Newman

Summer 2019 Waifus in Profile
 
Aug 2, 2017 5:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 333
rollin340 said:
Okay, let's see if I get this properly.

Mary has a debt of 50M to the Student Council.
She, however, also indicates that she has another 260M to Suzui.
This beings her total up to 310M.

Yumeko has a debt of 310M to the Student Council.
But she only put up 50M for this game.

So, because of this, Yumeko got a 50M card, and Mary got a 310M card.
They then swapped the cards, with Mary using the one that shows a debt of 50M, and Yumeko with one with a 310M debt.
One of Mary's chips is actually worth 31M, and one of Yuemko's chips is actually worth 5M.

They then play the game, and because of this whole setup they planned, Mary won.
So, her 310M debt and the dick's 10M debt are to be swapped.

The method of the swap is that all debts has to be owned by the Student Council beforehand.
So, before the swap occurs, the Student Council has to pay Suzui 260M, and the dick's friend 10M.
Now, before the swap, Mary owes the Student Council 310M, and the dick owes the Student Council 10M.
The Student Council has pretty much bought 270M worth of debt.

And now, the swap happens.
The dick now owes the Student Council 310M, and Mary owes the Student Council 10M.

So, thanks to this game, the dick went from owing a phantom 10M to his friend, to owing the Student Council 310M.
His friend went from having his friend owe him a phantom 10M, to actually getting 10M from the Student Council. Profit for him.
Yumeko has no change; she still owes the Student Council 310M.
Nanami has no change; she still owes someone 20M.
Mary went from owing the Student Council 50M, to owing 10M to the Student Council, and got 260M cash on top of that because Suzui gave her the cheque.

Is this right?

Yep. Pretty much.

 
Aug 2, 2017 12:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2758
Great episode! It was animated perfectly, some details were left out. Like Mary-san was supposed to say to Jabami not to mention the trick to Nanami about the hand gesture.

Plus, there's some new face expressions not found in the manga, but it's all good!

Nicee!! shame about the 3 week delay, but it's all good!

Can't wait for the next one!
 
Aug 2, 2017 4:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 8422
This game was a mess, but I enjoy the faces and the homosexuality.
 
Aug 2, 2017 8:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1111
this ep was awesome, very satisfing watch that guy be defeated the way he was. Excited for the next one, this anime is being such a good surprise to me.
 
Aug 2, 2017 8:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 3148
This got so predictable, it's already getting annoying.. that this, dramatic this.. this then that, explain that.. maybe other people like this type of stuff and go "wowwwww", but yeah not for me.. dropped
 
Aug 2, 2017 9:02 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 220
Peco said:
This got so predictable, it's already getting annoying.. that this, dramatic this.. this then that, explain that.. maybe other people like this type of stuff and go "wowwwww", but yeah not for me.. dropped

You mean the pattern? This is common in shounens and gambling anime/manga though.

Oh well. That's fine either way. Shame you were that disappointed.
 
Aug 2, 2017 10:48 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 28
4Dissinity said:
Peco said:
This got so predictable, it's already getting annoying.. that this, dramatic this.. this then that, explain that.. maybe other people like this type of stuff and go "wowwwww", but yeah not for me.. dropped

You mean the pattern? This is common in shounens and gambling anime/manga though.

Oh well. That's fine either way. Shame you were that disappointed.

I don't understand how people can still complain that this is being completely predictable, unless you always expect and focus on what will happen soon after instead of focusing on what's happening at the very moment... Yumeko lost in the third episode, which she clearly didn't want to. She also didn't go batshit insane in this whole game like she usually does. And like you've said, if it's a particular formula of how this goes, like playing game after game with explanations... then that's not only very common in shounens, but also common in anime in general. Ballroom e Youkoso also follows a simple particular pattern and I still love watching that series as well (despite the long necks...).

Then again, with how long I've lurked on this site, it'd be silly to expect a reply from him as to what he means exactly at times, since I've rarely seen him ever doing so...
 
Aug 3, 2017 10:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 38
Awesome episode, the best one so far for me! The multiple cheating was nice. I love how Meari and Yumeko grow closer. They make up quite the team (or couple even?!)



So, now we have to wait two weeks for the next episode... In the preview, the scene reminded me of the first Saw movie. Looking forward to it!
 
Aug 3, 2017 5:49 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 238
Still one of my favorite shows this season, but... this episode was not quite as good as the first ones. Saotome just jeers a lot and isn't nearly as interesting as Jabami.
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
 
Top
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »