Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 29, 2017 1:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, we got more background story about Iida this episode. Even back then, he and his brother shared such a good relationship.

Good action this episode. Seeing Iida trying to prove himself and his friends going all out against Stain is quite a sight to see. Deku's skills also seems to have improved too in this fight.

On the other side, we got the other pro heroes doing their work. Endeavor may be a dick but I have to admit, his abilities are impressive. Pretty entertaining episode. Stain's bloodlust is fucking scary.
Jul 29, 2017 1:55 AM

Jan 2012
As this episode's title explained we got the climax to Young Midoriya, Todoroki, and Iida's struggle against Hero Killer Stain, and boy was it glorious! :D It was pretty epic and rewarding to at last see Iida get his act together and honor the name Ingenium. And him breaking Stain's blade, and carrying out that combo with Deku was very badass! And speaking of badass...Gran Torino! Glad he didn't let Endeavor upstage him and crushed that Nomu flat! Unfortunately nobody reacted quickly enough to prevent that other Nomu from abducting Deku though! Nobody that is besides Stain! And in saving Deku he solidified himself as a complex, grey character who stands by his beliefs. Very interesting stuff, and his conviction made for quite a strong and unsettling visual with him finally passing out still standing on his feet. And so ends the threat of Stain.
animefan8800Jul 29, 2017 2:54 AM
Jul 29, 2017 2:59 AM
Jul 2017
While I don't think its quite as good as the last episode in terms of overall impact this was, nonetheless, thrilling and I am eagerly awaiting staying up till 230 to watch it live next week, too!
Jul 29, 2017 3:03 AM
Jul 2012
Stain is such a respectable villain. Deku, Shoto, and Ingenium vs Hero Killer was really fun to see animated and i'm glad they mentioned how short the fight was.
Jul 29, 2017 3:18 AM
Jun 2016
Jaecp said:
While I don't think its quite as good as the last episode in terms of overall impact this was, nonetheless, thrilling and I am eagerly awaiting staying up till 230 to watch it live next week, too!

hehe I was watching marathon and great timing as there was a break beteween anime just in time for it :>

This was a great episode, this series continues to amaze me.
Jul 29, 2017 3:34 AM

Jul 2015
You can definitely tell last week's animation was sacrificed to prioritise this week, because man, this episode looked stunning. You can see Umakoshi all over this episode, and I'm grateful for it. Especially since it's the climax of the Stain fight.

The team attack against stain was great, and the animation was very dynamic as a whole. They absolutely nailed Stain's speech at the very end as he's walking towards everyone. It looked amazing, and incredibly chilling.

The added scenes with Endeavor were also really nice to see. Goes an extra long way to show that yes, while Endeavor is a shitty person, he is a great hero.

My only complaint is that the pacing felt weird, a little slow maybe? It wasn't a big deal as it didn't really take that much away from it for me. Overall, an episode that was very respectful to the source material, and I like my little glimpse of two special little characters in the preview!

P.S. For anyone wanting to know why the Noumu singled out Izuku(this is only explained in an omake so it's not really a spoiler):
"Your guilt will be your past, and that will be your God."
Jul 29, 2017 3:44 AM

Jan 2009
Stain is really a fundamentalist/purist/extremist hero and thats what makes him a villain too

and wow the additional battle scenes of Endeavor is great, he can throw a hadouken fireball too lol
Jul 29, 2017 3:45 AM

Jul 2014
holy crap that was fantastic, animation was hella on point and that intensity <3333
new BGM for endeavour too. I must say, while he's a piece of shit he's still fucking badass
Jul 29, 2017 3:46 AM

Dec 2014
Epic episode.

I was just staring speechless at the action sequences, they were amazing and so damn intense. Beautifully animated and faithfully adapted, Bones have been nailing this adaptation.
Iida's recipro extend, the combo with Deku was so good and not to mention that soundtrack usage, Brilliant.

Iida's flashback with his brother was really nice.

Nice action with Gran Torino and Endeavor, it really cool seeing Endeavor use his quirk with all those extended scenes, I especially love the part where he ran along the wall. Looking forward to the day we see Shouto with the same amount of control.

Really emotional moment with Iida apologizing to Deku and Todoroki.

Stain however was the real deal this episode, he was way too awesome, he held his ground against 3 people with a quirk that clearly isn't suited for group battles. The true driving force behind Stain is not power but his conviction to stick to his beliefs, the will to bring about the revolution in society he desires. The final moments with Stain being the one too save Deku when no one else could even move was amazing and shows that he isn't just a blind hero killer. He's just a believer in idealistic heroism. The part where he looks at Endeavor and calls him a fake gave me chills, not to mention that menacing provocation/speech he gave everyone telling them all to come at him and no one would be able to kill him was freaking epic. He had everyone there scared in their pants, Stain ftw! That red moon background though. <3

What will these events lead to in our aftermath? Can't wait for next week!
Plus Ultra!
Lelouch0202Jul 29, 2017 3:49 AM
Jul 29, 2017 3:47 AM
Jan 2016
i would really love to know about stain's past
Jul 29, 2017 3:53 AM

Jun 2015
Stain: a true hero among villains

The pacing was nice in this episode.

This season is getting better and better after each episode.
Jul 29, 2017 3:55 AM

Jul 2012
What an episode!!! I'm glad this fight wasn't ruined by Bakugo autist.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2017 4:02 AM

May 2015
YOOOOO!!!! THAT ENDING THO!!!! Also pretty sure that Endevour fight scene is original material, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong... 5/5

EmblemzJul 29, 2017 4:13 AM

Jul 29, 2017 4:03 AM

Apr 2016
Nakurawari said:
You can definitely tell last week's animation was sacrificed to prioritise this week, because man, this episode looked stunning. You can see Umakoshi all over this episode, and I'm grateful for it. Especially since it's the climax of the Stain fight.

The team attack against stain was great, and the animation was very dynamic as a whole. They absolutely nailed Stain's speech at the very end as he's walking towards everyone. It looked amazing, and incredibly chilling.

The added scenes with Endeavor were also really nice to see. Goes an extra long way to show that yes, while Endeavor is a shitty person, he is a great hero.

My only complaint is that the pacing felt weird, a little slow maybe? It wasn't a big deal as it didn't really take that much away from it for me. Overall, an episode that was very respectful to the source material, and I like my little glimpse of two special little characters in the preview!

P.S. For anyone wanting to know why the Noumu singled out Izuku(this is only explained in an omake so it's not really a spoiler):

My God, thats so fucked up.
Jul 29, 2017 4:08 AM

Jan 2013
Damn! That ending was EPIC. Stain, you gained a hugeeee respect. Now I'm curious about his past, also i agree with his thoughts about being a hero etc. He maybe killed some hero but i think the real hero is Stain..
Jul 29, 2017 4:15 AM
Jul 2016
Great episode. I love Endeavor's filler scene.
Jul 29, 2017 4:21 AM

Jan 2015
Well aside from Tenya finally get to standup and finally beats Stain with the help of Deku and Shoto, the thing that mostly get my attention is to saw a pro hero, Endeavour in action. I'm really "fired" up. And guess what, Hero Killer do have a nose LOL
MasceraJul 29, 2017 4:24 AM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jul 29, 2017 4:26 AM

Aug 2013
That version of the theme 'My Hero Academia' was great.

I was hoping for less stills when Stain's bloodlust was unleashed but damn this was still quite intense.

I need the School Trip arc animated asap.
BiserJul 29, 2017 4:31 AM
Jul 29, 2017 4:27 AM

Apr 2013
Holy shit everything about that segment with Endeavor fighting was great. Exactly the kind of detail/extra content anime adaptations need more of.
おれはPigAmericanです
おれはばか

i am average american man i enjoy
bad game runescape
Jul 29, 2017 4:32 AM

Jun 2017
Awesome episode. Lida finally stood up, defended Todoroki, and attacked Stain simultaneously with Midoriya while Todoroki supported. Apparently Midoriya broke his arm or some shit. Endeavor blasted someone's head off with blue fire. That's always nice. Everyone was shocked at Stain's immense blood lust.

Good shit.
Jul 29, 2017 4:36 AM

Feb 2013
Stain was amazing.
Too bad that he didn't kill Endeavor.
Jul 29, 2017 4:39 AM

Dec 2013
Endeavor shows everyone why he's the world's No. 2 Hero. His deductions, decision making and on the job reactions are spot on.

And Stain shows just why he's one of the best villains out there. When everyone else was rooted to the spot, he's the only one who reacted quickly enough to save Deku, regardless of whether it was on purpose or not.

Iida finally standing up when it counted the most. And this is only the beginning of his character development.

Now looking forward to the aftermath and the next arc.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 29, 2017 4:42 AM

Sep 2014
Wow this hype was so good!

Also, is Stain dead? A rip piercing a lung seems .. deadly. But also not that deadly considering anime.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jul 29, 2017 4:49 AM

Apr 2015
More of the new version of the "My Hero Academia" track can be heard in the preview for this week's episode

https://twitter.com/heroaca_anime/status/890778092553228288
Jul 29, 2017 4:53 AM

Dec 2013
One of my favourite episodes of the year. Stain and his resolve is so awesome to see.

Endeavour was also pretty impressive in this episode. I can definitely see why he made number 2.
Jul 29, 2017 4:54 AM
Jul 2017
As much as I dislike Endeavor, he is so frICKIN' AWESOME!

That was a satisfying victory. 10 minutes of fighting? More like three episodes. XD!!!

Jul 29, 2017 4:55 AM

Nov 2014
I know lots of people r gonna mention this but i still wanna say:
Doesnt this remind u of someone?? *wink wink*

Loving this eps. Stain is even better characterized than in the manga. That scene and the ost made it so heartbreaking and heavy. Stain, definitely one of the best villains ever created. I love rock lee so seeing stain standing there unconscious and so beat down but still striving for his dream, even if his ideals are different from everyone else, he's still pushing himself to his limits, and finally, his body couldn't handle the strain anymore... i just cant help but develop a fondness for him, even tho his appearance, voice, and the such is nothing of my type.

Affalo said:
i need the School Trip arc animated asap.

Im looking forward to the shopping trip. "Lets go get some tea"
ttcchenJul 29, 2017 5:03 AM
Jul 29, 2017 4:56 AM
Jul 2017
What's the OST in the end called again when Stain became unconscious and Midoriya was having his inner monologue?

5/5 episode again
Jul 29, 2017 5:17 AM

Apr 2015
5/5

One of my favourite episode so far!

My boy Iida is in so much pain, I feel bad for him. :(

Damn Stain is such a beast...
Jul 29, 2017 5:25 AM

Jun 2014
The final action sequences against Stain were awesome, especially with that combo move between Iida and Deku. The end of the episode was easily the greatest part though. First, it's very interesting to see that out of all the people there, Stain was the one who saved Deku from the Nomu (whether it was intentional or not). But the most memorable moment was Stain's final speech, as the way it was animated really put you in the shoes of Deku and everyone else witnessing that. I most definitely can understand why Deku was practically shitting his pants right there.

And with that, this arc is pretty much over, aside from some epilogue stuff we'll see in the next episode. I have to say, Bones knocked it out of the park with this arc, it was even better than it was in the manga. The added Endeavor scenes were a nice touch and really showed why he's the number two hero. While as a person and father, he's a dick, he's a badass as a hero.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 29, 2017 5:32 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
another great episode jo enjoy, soul and body xD
Jul 29, 2017 5:32 AM

Dec 2011
This episode was just beyond expectation.
Holy god! This was amazing and it is just the best episode of season 2.
Stain is badass and the last few minutes give me chills.
Also good combination attack to take him down xD
Jul 29, 2017 5:33 AM

Jan 2016
Man Stain is such a awesome Shounen villain! This anime never ceases to impress me! Bones adapted this arc to perfection!
Jul 29, 2017 5:34 AM

Aug 2013
Loved everything about this episode. 5/5 So epic.

Iida had it rough. It was good that he was reminded what a real hero should be. Iida and Midoriya combo was awesome.

Stain is a beast. His declaration with that red background even shocked me and the way he killed that flying Nomu was awesome. Stain face reminded me of Ryuk from death note. >.<

Jul 29, 2017 5:35 AM
Mar 2015
Ho much ill this season cover?
Jul 29, 2017 5:39 AM
Jul 2018
Ah this is the part in the manga when I knew this was something special. I love how the author actually adresses how a lot of Heroes are just in it for the money or fame and don't care about being a true hero like All Might. Of course there's a lot of good heroes but Stain's actions actually show that the author is willing to adress the the more troubling parts about the hero society and I love it.
Jul 29, 2017 5:52 AM

May 2014
Simply epic. Loved the soundtrack!
Jul 29, 2017 5:54 AM

Jan 2014
I don't really liked Endeavor, but damn, he's awesome in this episode, I'd like to see more of his tricks.

did Stain powers just unleashed when the bandage covered his eyes falls?
Jul 29, 2017 5:58 AM

Jul 2009
so stain is dead, yeah?
Iida broke his ribs with that last kick yeah?

Endeavour's soundtrack was kickass, yeah?
Jul 29, 2017 6:00 AM
Apr 2017
Feel good with Endeavor in this episode.
Jul 29, 2017 6:36 AM

Feb 2014
Stain is one intimidating villain, but at the same time, he's really badass as well. He looked like a truly possessed demon when his red eye mask came off, to the point of scaring and startling everyone, including Endeavour.

Speaking of which, Endeavour was pretty awesome as he tactically took down one of the Nomus by burning its head with his hellflame ability with a nice blue colour to it. He also understood Shoto's reason for bailing out of him to go and help Iida and Midoriya and gathered up plenty of pro heroes to go help where Shoto was heading to. Thanks to this, I'm starting to like him as a character more now. =)

Kudos to Bones. The whole Stain fight over the last three episodes was given an excellent treatment of lovely animation, top notch voice acting and well timed and powerful soundtrack to boot. =)

Looking forward to the aftermath episode for this arc next week. =3
Jul 29, 2017 6:43 AM
Dec 2012
Good thing Iida didn't go full sasuke :D
Stain's such a good villain & the music's really nice this episode.
Jul 29, 2017 6:50 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
2 and a half chapters adapted, with some anime-original Endeavor moments. Midoriya, Iida and Todoroki vs. Stain was cool and well handled. The animation was on point and felt more clean than the last episode. Stain is a really cool villain. He sticks to his ideals, whether it be cleaning out the heroes or villains. Bones did a good job in making Stain feel more frightening. Though the anime can never look as detailed as the manga, the anime puts a good use to coloring and voice acting to maximize the effect of certain scenes. Using a reddish filter for Stain's final scene is a good example. Stain's voice acting is on point too. Considering how there's 3 and a half chapters left from this arc, there's gonna be two more episodes until we get the next arc. So the final arc of the season will be Episodes 20-25.

5/5
GoldenDevilGamerJul 29, 2017 6:54 AM
Jul 29, 2017 6:51 AM
Mar 2016
TouchYou said:
i would really love to know about stain's past
There is a spin of manga chapter about it
Jul 29, 2017 7:08 AM
Jun 2016
Stain is a villain with questionable morality and that's what makes him great. He saved Deku's life, a true life saver lol. How he finished off Nomu was spine chilling along with that death glare. Nice to see Endavor and Gran Torino action, the fights are fiery and cool as usual hahaha. That roundhouse kick and fist though was awesome. Iida's story was touching as a whole.
Jul 29, 2017 7:11 AM

Dec 2014
okay wow I kinda respect hero stain..I like villains like him...hmmm
Jul 29, 2017 7:32 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Stunning episode. I was simply mesmerized and speechless in awe as the action sequences of the episode unfolded one after the other in perfection, or so it felt at first glance. It's truly pleasing to see how Bones sacrificed a bit of last episode's animation quality in order to increase the quality of this very episode to an astonishing display. Coupled with the animation, Bones also made an effort to improve the standards of this episode through its music department, among which the ost played during Endeavor's charge shined most. Last but not least, bravo to the character of the Hero Killer Stain! Initially, I though he would just end up being up a rather bothersome obstacle for Midoriya, Shouto and Iida to counter but in the end he might just turn out to be more than that, judging from the basis of the next week's episode prologue. Nonetheless, I was astounded to see how he is so determined to follow his own path of Justice which he believes wholeheartedly. Can't wait to see how Stain's character will change the victor's point of view regardless.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 29, 2017 7:35 AM

Sep 2016
zabuza is way cooler to the very end
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jul 29, 2017 7:36 AM

Jul 2013
Meta_Yoshi said:
Speaking of which, Endeavour was pretty awesome as he tactically took down one of the Nomus by burning its head with his hellflame ability with a nice blue colour to it. He also understood Shoto's reason for bailing out of him to go and help Iida and Midoriya and gathered up plenty of pro heroes to go help where Shoto was heading to. Thanks to this, I'm starting to like him as a character more now. =)

He really proved why he is Number 2 with these little, but good filler scenes. He chased down and defeated villians, organised his sidekicks to help at other places and rescued one hostage and two civilians. The only thing he kind of messed up was damaging severals walls or streets while doing so. But since this isn't Tiger & Bunny where the hero agencies would be forced to pay for such damage, I guess Endeavour will be fine^^

Btw am I the only one who thinks the scene when Shoto looked at his phone and Eneavor was all like "Hey, look at me son, put the phone away!" incredibly funny? Even though he treats/treated his family really bad, he still wants his son to kind of look up to him. This episode had a lot of character improvements, not only for him but for Iida and Stain ofc too.
Jul 29, 2017 7:43 AM

Mar 2016
THAT WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LIT

STAINS AURA LIKE JESUS

TODOROKI, DEKU AND IIDA DDAAAAAMNNNNNNNNNN

I EFHBNVDSJHEBDFNGYUFEJRNWQS AVNFHUDJBNVRUEI D SOSOSOOSOSOSOSSOSOSOSOSOS 10010101010/10
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2017

238 by TheStarscream759 »»
Yesterday, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

194 by TheStarscream759 »»
Yesterday, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2017

185 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 16, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2017

187 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 16, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2017

180 by PapaChub »»
Apr 15, 7:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.