Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 28, 2017 12:55 AM

Jun 2016
I don't get this anime, I watched Fate / Zero before Fate / Stay Night unlimited blade works. I've seen both anime twice and I'm extremely lost. I get that both anime are on the Holy Grail War and how Fate / Zero is the 3rd war and Stay Night is the 4th war.

But both times I've watched this anime, there is no explanation to the magic, to the servants, or to the grail war. Am I missing something here or are you just supposed to accept that magic and the holy grail war are happening around millions of background characters without them realizing ._.

Also apparently the VN has 3 routes, the Unlimited Blade Works, Heavens Feel, and one other. So Heaven's feel is getting 2 movies, and Unlimited Blade Works has like 2 movies and 2 half seasons. What's the difference between Stay Night and Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works?

Where does the Nero / Red Saber come into play?

To be honest, I have 3 Fate Figures and $700 in pre-order. The only reason I'm actually watching this anime is because of the characters. Jeanne D Arc and Saber of Red Mordred. Pretty much all I want to see. Unfortunately Apocrypha isn't completely out and I wait to binge an entire season.

So what anime in Fate should I watch after Fate / Zero and Fate / Stay Unlimited Blade Works?
Jul 28, 2017 7:12 AM

May 2012
Watch the original Fate/stay night from 2006. It covers the 1st route (with some minor changes)

Or watch it from it this order

Fate/zero (you already watched this)
Fate/stay night 2006 TV
Fate/stay night unlimited blade works TV series (no need to watch the movie.)

Watch any of spin-off Fate/Grand Order, Fate/Apocrypha, Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya etc. The order does not matter

There is also Fate/stay heaven feel movies but it still not out

And also Fate/Extra Last Encore which should be out in 2018

thepathJul 28, 2017 7:19 AM
Aug 11, 2017 5:45 PM

Sep 2016
thepath said:
Watch the original Fate/stay night from 2006. It covers the 1st route (with some minor changes)

Or watch it from it this order

Fate/zero (you already watched this)
Fate/stay night 2006 TV
Fate/stay night unlimited blade works TV series (no need to watch the movie.)

Watch any of spin-off Fate/Grand Order, Fate/Apocrypha, Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya etc. The order does not matter

There is also Fate/stay heaven feel movies but it still not out

And also Fate/Extra Last Encore which should be out in 2018

So I actually tried this and I'm halfway.. and things actually started making sense.

More topics from this board

» Seriously bro

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Apr 9

10 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 10, 4:55 AM

Poll: » This or Unlimited Blade Works

Fukoku - Mar 28

13 by deg »»
Mar 31, 9:07 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ruzgfpegk - Jul 3, 2008

135 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 7, 8:25 AM

» Zero or Unlimited Blade Works

infinite_Shadows - Feb 15

16 by Law_of_Cycles »»
Feb 24, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DaBigD - Oct 3, 2008

136 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 12, 1:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.